Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Wedges to match Stealth iron set

Juan Gomez

Hello,

Cheers from Ecuador! I just bought a set of Stealth irons with KBS Max 85 MT stiff shaft and I love them! I have the 49 degree loft gap wedge from the set and I’m using the sand wedge from my older set (Callaway Edge).

Since I am in Quito - Ecuador, I can’t test wedges or go for a fitting so I need you advice for buying a SW and LW that match the Stealth set in terms of forgiveness and shaft feeling. I used the SW a lot for full shots and the LW for sand and around the green. The courses here are medium conditions in terms of firmness.

Thanks for your answer and recommendations!

Cheers 

I would look at the Vokey wedges from SM7 to SM9 models and find the grind that fits your course conditions/playing style the most.

SIM2 Max Driver 10.5* Ventus 5-S

Cobra Rad Speed 3W 14.5* Evenflow Riptide CB Stiff

Ping G  4W 17.5* Ping Alta Reg

TM Ti  5W 19* Diamana FW 65 Reg

Titleist T-300 5-PW Amt Red Stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029// TM Spider SR#9 Flo Neck

Titleist Pro V-1x 

On 9/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, Juan Gomez said:

Cheers from Ecuador! I just bought a set of Stealth irons with KBS Max 85 MT stiff shaft and I love them! I have the 49 degree loft gap wedge from the set and I’m using the sand wedge from my older set (Callaway Edge).

Since I am in Quito - Ecuador, I can’t test wedges or go for a fitting so I need you advice for buying a SW and LW that match the Stealth set in terms of forgiveness and shaft feeling. I used the SW a lot for full shots and the LW for sand and around the green. The courses here are medium conditions in terms of firmness.

there is an infinite number of options.   Why don’t you want to continue playing the sand wedge you have?  If you want forgiveness in a wedge, the Cleveland CBX wedges would be my go to.  Most wedges are pretty much the same, but you can read the latest most wanted results and get some performance type data: https://mygolfspy.com/2022-most-wanted-wedge/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 9/18/2022 at 10:36 PM, Juan Gomez said:

Hello,

Thanks for your answer and recommendations!

Cheers 

Welcome to the Forums Juan!!  Glad you joined us.

It would be hard to argue against the MGS Most Wanted wedge and it's a Taylormade that would go with your Stealths... so there's that.  

Since you full swing your SW, I would try to get the same shaft as your Gap wedge.  If you use your LW mostly around the greens for touch shots and bunker play, I would consider a slightly heavier shaft and slightly flatter lie angle.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”