Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

CUT Golf

ballhawk

I tried the cut blue last year I believe and ended up moving along. It has been so long I don’t remember what I didn’t like about it. Lol IMO there are better balls on the market. I especially like the Vice Pro Soft @ $35/dozen. If you go to their website and order 5 dozen at a time they reduce the price to about $28/dozen. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Vice are good balls, but $20 vs $35 is a nice savings. I've seen some positive reviews on the ball on u tube, but it would be preferable to hear from folks, that may not be getting free stuff and offering their testing opinions, which more than likely are going to be favorable.

Total Callaway bag - except putter

They perform alright, but the brand name is fitting. Least durable cover on the market. You'll end up spending $40 anyway because you'll go through them so quickly. It's a shame because I actually like them. 

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

Well I took the chance and picked up the Cut Red, which is the 2 piece ball and played yesterday. I was very surprised with the performance and durability, in a good way. First hole, hit the longest drive I've ever hit on that hole and it was entirely due to the ball. A full 18 and the ball held up nicely, with the only exception, a cart path blemish and that has happened with every other ball I've played. Another nice surprise was the price, $19 for the 2 dozen box. I'm pretty sure I've found my new go to ball for the rest of the season. For you older players and those of you with slower swing speeds, this is a 60 compression ball so it should help with distance and at least for me, it stopped well on the greens.  

On 9/25/2022 at 9:29 AM, ballhawk said:

Well I took the chance and picked up the Cut Red, which is the 2 piece ball and played yesterday. I was very surprised with the performance and durability, in a good way. First hole, hit the longest drive I've ever hit on that hole and it was entirely due to the ball. A full 18 and the ball held up nicely, with the only exception, a cart path blemish and that has happened with every other ball I've played. Another nice surprise was the price, $19 for the 2 dozen box. I'm pretty sure I've found my new go to ball for the rest of the season. For you older players and those of you with slower swing speeds, this is a 60 compression ball so it should help with distance and at least for me, it stopped well on the greens.  

Sounds similar to Soft Feel. But, cheaper.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:46 AM, FightingScot82 said:

They perform alright, but the brand name is fitting. Least durable cover on the market. You'll end up spending $40 anyway because you'll go through them so quickly. It's a shame because I actually like them. 

I got a demo sleeve of the Cut Blue DC from them and in terms of performance, it was great. Drives were long and straight, irons flew high with an appropriate amount of spin, good distance control. But. (and there's always a but) every full swing with an iron or wedge was taking some cover off. I legit thought I was playing balata or something. Brand new, unused ball. Tee shot to the fairway, then 8i to center of the green. Nice white mark in the middle of my iron. Get up there and marked the ball and there was a full-on scuff on the ball. Next hole, new ball (I won't play a scuffed ball), 6i into a par 3. Middle of the green, mark the putt: scuff mark. Third hole, par 5, new ball. Drive was fine, left rough. punch 9i to layup, full PW into the green. No scuff this time! ...worse than that, it was a full on cut on the ball. 

That was enough for me. Needing 2 dozen new balls to play one round of golf is out of my budget. ProV1x would be cheaper at that rate...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I tried the Cut ball two years ago and found that they didn't go as far as the Vice I was playing. I then tried Oncore Elixr and found they were good balls. I then moved on to the Vero X1 and these are very good balls. Now with the Oncore Elixr 2022 balls at 85 compression and 350 dimples, these are very good balls and I am moving back to them. So Oncore balls are way better than Cut balls. 

John Gavazza

I tried out the cut blue last year.  Found them so cheap I had to try them.  Like others have said, performance was pretty good, however, I also found durability was questionable at best.  I discovered the Oncore Elixr ball this year, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!!!  Could not recommend it more highly.  Have a playing partner that has switched to the Vero X1 ball, and he feels the same way.  He has even bought a bunch of Oncore swag from their website. 

I doubt most will believe this, but if I get to a hole where I think it may disappear on me (you know what I mean), I might just switch to a Pro V1 I've found on the course, and put the Elixr back in my pocket.

Good service, orders are quick.  Really good value in my opinion.   Give them a try.

:srixon-small:      ZX7 Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:   3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small: C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- GW Ventus Red 6-R

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4 56/8  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope:  V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:   OnCore Elixr

Well I've played 36 with the same ball (cut red) and aside from that very small mark from a cart path, the cover has held up great. I went with the red because of the not so good reviews on the blue's and grey's and plus it's a 60 compression ball. For those of you with a slow swing speed and of course most seniors, I highly suggest you give this ball a try. I've hit some longer than average drives with this ball and that unto itself was a nice surprise. At $20 for 2 dozen at Walmart, it's hard  not to give them a try........you may be really surprised. 

Edited by ballhawk