Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PGA Superstore return policy

550025KV

I'm looking for a Toulon Las Vegas putter but wanted to roll a few before buying.  Pretty reasonable request before dropping $450. There are none to be found in my area. PGASS will take an online order and if it's not up to my liking, they'll take a return. Key is you must buy another product that same day for an equivalent dollar value.  There's no 24 hr policy for returns, no store credit. You either keep it or you're on the hook for a same day purchase of another product.  Who came up with this policy?  Anyone have a different experience?   

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

I would recommend trying a Sub 70 004 putter same design and comes with different weights to dial in to your specific feel plus will save you many dollars for other purchases. Plus customer service is best in business

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

22 hours ago, 550025KV said:

I'm looking for a Toulon Las Vegas putter but wanted to roll a few before buying.  Pretty reasonable request before dropping $450. There are none to be found in my area. PGASS will take an online order and if it's not up to my liking, they'll take a return. Key is you must buy another product that same day for an equivalent dollar value.  There's no 24 hr policy for returns, no store credit. You either keep it or you're on the hook for a same day purchase of another product.  Who came up with this policy?  Anyone have a different experience?   

Was not aware of this policy. I would somehow find another source.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

You could buy used. Odds are if you don’t like it you can make most if not almost all your money back. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

22 hours ago, 550025KV said:

That is there performance guarantee which gives you 90 days to try the club.     They have a 30 day return policy if returned in original condition; this is pretty standard to ensure they still have a new club.  

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/returns-info/

Keep an eye on Callaway Preowned and purchase a used one. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

As others mentioned that is the performance guarantee not the return policy.  If it ships with some type of plastic on the head or grip, you'd better still have it on their when you return it.  I returned an evnroll last fall without any problems though so as long as they can't tell it is used you should be OK.

Thanks for sharing. I specifically asked the store manager that exact question and he offered no return policy.  Just the performance guarantee.  I'll probably pass on PGATSS and order through Callawaygolfpreowned.com when one comes available. My entire bag is through the preowned guys. I have a great relationship with that group.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x
On 9/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, tschott said:

I would recommend trying a Sub 70 004 putter same design and comes with different weights to dial in to your specific feel plus will save you many dollars for other purchases. Plus customer service is best in business

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into the Sub70.  I just added a wedge from Sub70 and I've been very happy. Great group with excellent service.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x
  • 2 weeks later...

I've a bad taste for PGASS....  I bought a Mizuno STZ driver this summer (August) in Myrtle.  It was the special edition Blue model.  Hit it about 10 rounds.  Couldn't stand it it because of how inconsistent the flights, distance and feel were.  Took it back to the PGASS.  First the guy said this must be an old driver because they don't make a blue one.  I sat there dumbfounded and told him to look online on his OWN site and see how old it was.  "Oh, yea... there it is... That's a new one alright."  He then tried to tell me the trade-in value of the club.  I quickly reminded him that was well within the "play and return" policy they advertise.  So then he argued that I didn't have my receipt, but it was on my account I created with PGASS showing the record of sale.  He still tried to argue with me.  I actually had to have them call their district GM because no one in that store could satisfy my request. 

All that to say, it's nice that they carry ALL of the equipment, but they aren't the only ones that do so.  I probably wont go back in there again unless I absolutely have too.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 7:51 AM, 550025KV said:

I'll probably pass on PGATSS and order through Callawaygolfpreowned.com

Yeah I do the same.

Ordered online with PGATSS one time when there was both a great deal on a club I was looking at plus a big trade-in bonus - thought I was following the protocol, buuuut.... Did not get the bonus on the trade-in....

A few emails and calls to the store manager and I did get a refund for the difference. And funny enough, they sent me a *second* refund shortly later so f&#% them.

I've bought a lotta stuff from CPO and always been happy with the purchase process (and the prices, and the condition rating).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 10/3/2022 at 10:17 AM, BNewton51 said:

I've a bad taste for PGASS....  I bought a Mizuno STZ driver this summer (August) in Myrtle.  It was the special edition Blue model.  Hit it about 10 rounds.  Couldn't stand it it because of how inconsistent the flights, distance and feel were.  Took it back to the PGASS.  First the guy said this must be an old driver because they don't make a blue one.  I sat there dumbfounded and told him to look online on his OWN site and see how old it was.  "Oh, yea... there it is... That's a new one alright."  He then tried to tell me the trade-in value of the club.  I quickly reminded him that was well within the "play and return" policy they advertise.  So then he argued that I didn't have my receipt, but it was on my account I created with PGASS showing the record of sale.  He still tried to argue with me.  I actually had to have them call their district GM because no one in that store could satisfy my request. 

All that to say, it's nice that they carry ALL of the equipment, but they aren't the only ones that do so.  I probably wont go back in there again unless I absolutely have too.  

I’ve had very mixed experiences.  A couple years ago went into the Roswell, Ga store and had to interrupt a conversation between 2 sals agents to get one to let me hit.  But he forgot to set up the sim until I warmed up and chased him down.  Oh, understandable because a likely very nice, but average looking female came in that required both sales guy to dedicate their time to her.  At the timeframe, my wife was shopping fir new clubs, seemed to know who he was (fairly young guy) and told me he died. 

Went back there about 6 weeks ago, and a sales guy named Rob assisted me when I wanted to hit Mizuno 921 HM.  After warming up, told me he needed to fit me for a shaft.  Ok. To my surprise, after playing steel for 15 years, recommended Recoil graphite.  Omg, what a good feeling.  Then went thru a variety of variations as I also hit T300 and 425’s.  Just a very nice, professional guy/experience.  Was going to return, but my car got hit and had other things to take care of.

Last week went to pgass in Altamonte FL.  Usually worked with a nice sals guy off and on for 10 years. But this time, ended up with a younger/new guy,(short red hair). Hit the Miz 923’s.  Didn’t offer a shaft fitting but I asked for Recoil.  Asked if Recoil is offered with the 923’s - ‘IDK, I’d have to look it up’.  Asked to hit the Stealth, same process.  ‘What graphite shaft is offered with TM? - ‘IDK, I’d have to look it up’.  Then learned he is a 3 handicap, and since I’m only an 11, well, that’s  not very good.  Made a point to tell me  pros don’t but clubs offered at retail stores.  No effing s***.  I feel sorry for him, not good enough to make a living by playing, not good enough as a teacher because he treats people ‘lessor’ as POS.  Guess he will wait for a handout.  

Final story, bought a driver a few years ago in Altamonte.  Out of production Callaway Fusion.  Swing was a disaster but felt the purchase was a mistake.  Hit at the range 3times, kept the wrapper on, but it was torn.  Put blue tape over the last range session.  Mistake and tried to return after 2 weeks, they saw the torn wrapper, refused. Took lessons, reengineerd my swing and have loved the club the last 2 years. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour