TESTERS WANTED! ×

Craftsman Golf Head Covers

GolfSpy_KFT

9 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

First off, I would like to thank @craftsmangolffor sending me the hybrid and putter head cover I will be discussing in this review. I am not sponsored by Craftsman Golf or being compensated for my review. I will do my best to provide an unbiased review of these head covers to stay aligned with MGS beliefs on equipment reviews. This is my first time writing a review, so please feel free to share any ways I can improve!

Excellent 'first' review JNoble.  Good information and insightful comments that will help others considering aftermarket covers (like myself 😉 ). 

Many of your review points resonated with me... the magnetic closure, for example.  That has always been my preference on putter covers, as velcro never seems to close correctly, and has a tendency to slip off the putter easier if not secured correctly... strong magnets in my experience reduce this issue significantly.  So that is a great point you made.  I also agree with your comments on the look (even from afar by looking at the pics) about the material used for the putter cover compared to the pebble material used for the hybrid... night and day from my point of view.  Quality of construction looks great (which is what I would expect from Craftsman) which you outlined.  

Lastly... never too many pictures 🙂  Nicely done JN!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Great review @Jnoble89👏  I'm using Craftsman Golf iron head covers and find them to be of excellent quality.  I'd never heard of them before and simply stumbled on them while searching on eBay.  

PXL_20210717_154618185.jpg.1e185b14efd6e284880ccdf24d48f434.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

56 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Excellent 'first' review JNoble.  Good information and insightful comments that will help others considering aftermarket covers (like myself 😉 ). 

Many of your review points resonated with me... the magnetic closure, for example.  That has always been my preference on putter covers, as velcro never seems to close correctly, and has a tendency to slip off the putter easier if not secured correctly... strong magnets in my experience reduce this issue significantly.  So that is a great point you made.  I also agree with your comments on the look (even from afar by looking at the pics) about the material used for the putter cover compared to the pebble material used for the hybrid... night and day from my point of view.  Quality of construction looks great (which is what I would expect from Craftsman) which you outlined.  

Lastly... never too many pictures 🙂  Nicely done JN!!

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! I should have mentioned that they have multiple putter headcover options with stitched detailing. I did not realize when picking out the cover that I did, that it was screen printed. I was more looking at what would look cool with my golf bag, and I liked the flag design. I love the magnetic closure. Nothing wrong with the velcro on my TM spider cover, but the magnet is clean. I have noticed that with my velcro closure, if I don't have it lined up correctly it'll pull at some of the stitching. They have some putter covers with the pebbled material and they look great.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

19 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great review @Jnoble89👏  I'm using Craftsman Golf iron head covers and find them to be of excellent quality.  I'd never heard of them before and simply stumbled on them while searching on eBay.  

Thanks for taking the time to read my review and comment, I appreciate it! I had never heard of them either, but like I said, my initial impressions are positive! Looking forward to getting out onto the course!

#LeftyGang

I have noticed the magnet on my Evnroll putter cover seems to be getting weaker after a few years, so the jury is still out on that closure method for me.

Good looking head covers, and a very nice post with all the picture detail.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Love the iron covers - I've got a set from Craftsman as well. Maybe we can convince the die hard " I don't use iron cover golfers" to try them. My Cobra Speedzones look brand new after 3 yrs and hundreds of rounds.

IMG_9338.jpg.e7d3a54c6bfb8bf43bd2dc49ac927551.jpg

BTW, you're 8i is out of sequence - it goes after the 7i  😎

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

58 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Love the iron covers - I've got a set from Craftsman as well. Maybe we can convince the die hard " I don't use iron cover golfers" to try them.

@Golfspy_Lukesis simply being stubborn... we both know he wants them bad 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Those iron covers look great, not that it makes a great big deal, are they slip over, or velcro?

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

Great first review. Never enough head covers. 

One thing if you really like your TM cover, it is pretty easy to add that magnet in. I did it to a previous head cover before finding my current gamer.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

32 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Great first review. Never enough head covers. 

One thing if you really like your TM cover, it is pretty easy to add that magnet in. I did it to a previous head cover before finding my current gamer.

Oh really? This is very intriguing to me, would definitely like to hear how you did that!

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Oh really? This is very intriguing to me, would definitely like to hear how you did that!

They sell good strong magnets, dime size (little thicker) on Amazon. Just cut a spot in the inside of the cover put the magnet in and stitch it back up

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

23 hours ago, stuka44 said:

Those iron covers look great, not that it makes a great big deal, are they slip over, or velcro?

Craftsman covers are slip on and much better than the Velcro type that I previously bought on ebay. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 9/19/2022 at 9:53 PM, Jnoble89 said:

First off, I would like to thank @craftsmangolffor sending me the hybrid and putter head cover I will be discussing in this review. I am not sponsored by Craftsman Golf or being compensated for my review. I will do my best to provide an unbiased review of these head covers to stay aligned with MGS beliefs on equipment reviews. This is my first time writing a review, so please feel free to share any ways I can improve!

First Impressions (4/5 stars)

• Upon opening the head covers, I was pleased to see that the attention to detail in stitching quality was excellent. I am sure we have all seen products where stitch lines are not straight, doubled over, stitches coming loose, etc. That is not the case with these head covers. Stitch lines are clean and straight.
  • Both head covers are made from synthetic leather. I really like the textured material on the hybrid head cover, it feels very high quality. The material on the putter head cover is smooth, and while nice, it doesn't have that same "look" as what your OEM headcover would. When I compare it to my stock TM Spider Tour headcover, I prefer the look and finish of the TM head cover. The putter also has screen printed graphics, which I think would look better as something stitched into the material, like what they did with their branding of "CRAFTSMAN" on the putter head cover. If the flag graphics were stitched instead of printed, it would take it to a different level of quality in terms of looks. With that being said, the screen printed design is done very well, with sharp, clean lines.
  • Another plus area for the hybrid head cover were the stitched on synthetic leather details. I really think they knocked the hybrid head cover out of the park!
  • Both head covers have a smooth velour lining, and I am confident they will protect my clubs well without scratching
  • One thing I prefer on the Craftsman putter head cover to my TaylorMade head cover is that is is a magnetic closure instead of velcro. The magnet seems very strong, and it is just more convenient than velcro.
  • One star was lost due to the overall look of the putter head cover. The textured material would have looked better than the smooth, and I'd prefer to see stitching over screen print. This is personal preference, and some may really like the screen printed look.

Fit & Function (To Be Updated)

• I will be getting out onto the course on Thursday, and plan to update this section after my round. Initial fit and function seem good. The fit on the hybrid is great. It was a bit snug to get onto the club, but I think that it will stretch out slightly and that will improve. At the bottom of the head cover, they split the sides, which I like a lot. Subtle, but I think will definitely help with the on/off process.
  • The putter head cover fits well, but it is slightly large for my Spider Tour putter. This is not a negative comment, as it has to be a large enough size to accommodate a multitude of mallet style putters. More or less just an observation. I LOVE the magnetic closure, and on/off is really easy. 
  • I have a Callaway Org 14 cart bag in the red/white/blue colorway with a USA flag patch on the bag, and I do really like how both head covers match the style of the bag. Again, the looks of the hybrid head cover are really good. Pictured next to my Titleist Stars & Stripes and Sim2 Max head covers, it looks right on par with quality. 

Again, I will revisit this review after my round on Thursday with some updates and more thoughts after having them out on the course. I may have overdone it with pictures. Please excuse my messy garage! 😂

IMG_7987.jpg

IMG_7986.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7982.jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

For those following this thread, I wanted to post an update post round after last week using the Craftsman Golf headcovers. My goodness, I did not know I needed a magnet closure putter cover so badly until last week! Absolutely loved how quick it was to remove and put back on the headcover. It also looked great on the course. I still think it would look better with stitched detailing, but something about it out on the course just looked better. The same goes for the hybrid headcover. Easy on/off and really looked nice on the bag. I wish I would have thought to take some pictures in action but it slipped my mind. Heading to Nashville tomorrow for a work trip until Saturday, so I am hoping to get back out again next week. I will take some photos at the course when I am back. 

#LeftyGang

I was a little concerned with the width of the bottom of some of them, for the shorter irons, in my individual slots.  I actually went with the zipper ones they had...Love Them!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 9:28 AM, tony@CIC said:

Love the iron covers - I've got a set from Craftsman as well. Maybe we can convince the die hard " I don't use iron cover golfers" to try them. My Cobra Speedzones look brand new after 3 yrs and hundreds of rounds.

IMG_9338.jpg.e7d3a54c6bfb8bf43bd2dc49ac927551.jpg

BTW, you're 8i is out of sequence - it goes after the 7i  😎

One of my sometimes Shootout partners uses the exact same Iron covers---- I did visit their site--- Was going to pull the trigger on the driver cover like yours then a friend of mine gave me a cover from a charity event in the Upstate that I had played in before. Was unable to play the last 2 years because my body will not let me travel. I had made a donation to their charity so my friend who is a wheel for the charity sent me a cover. Nice leather type pull cover that for now is a PITA to put on and off. When I did a trade deal for my current Cally Driver it came with a snazzy factory cover which is easy to use so I use it. Another friend gave me another Cally cover so right now I am good. If not for that good fortune I would have ordered a driver cover from them. I do not use iron covers and flat refuse to game a putter I have to use a cover on. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 1 month later...

@Jnoble89 GREAT REVIEW! I found iron covers from @craftsmangolf this fall for the new set...FANTASTIC fit. Easy to find, Easy on, Easy off, Excellent construction. My only comment; a stronger magnetic closure would be ideal...although probably not necessary. At times they don't fully close and can pop open, but this may subside entirely with age and use as the material softens. As for texture... I tried to show it in the picture but this version was spot on to the OEM look from my fairway and driver. Great compliments on the course!

CraftsmanIronCoverShot.jpg.a534271081835eb147705c63548aa212.jpgCraftsmanIronCovers.jpg.e83a351239130da12b43d4c3c5118b15.jpg

** Random days warrior. Walk the course. Play a minimum of 4 rounds per year w/o keeping score. Love the outdoors no matter the weather. **

• Calaway Epic Speed 1w, 4w
  • Maltby DBM forged irons 4-PW & TSW DRM 50, 56
  • Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled No.4 Putter
  • KBS and Project X
  • Lamkin Crossline+ and Skinny Pistol grips
  • Maxfli Tour, Vice Pro, Titleist Pro V1

40 minutes ago, doubleduhric said:

@Jnoble89 GREAT REVIEW! I found iron covers from @craftsmangolf this fall for the new set...FANTASTIC fit. Easy to find, Easy on, Easy off, Excellent construction. My only comment; a stronger magnetic closure would be ideal...although probably not necessary. At times they don't fully close and can pop open, but this may subside entirely with age and use as the material softens. As for texture... I tried to show it in the picture but this version was spot on to the OEM look from my fairway and driver. Great compliments on the course!

CraftsmanIronCoverShot.jpg.a534271081835eb147705c63548aa212.jpgCraftsmanIronCovers.jpg.e83a351239130da12b43d4c3c5118b15.jpg

I found their stitching detail to be very good. That's the only thing that would improve the putter headcover...if the flag design was stitched blocks instead of screen print. It still looks great, though! The magnetic closure on the putter cover was awesome coming from my OEM cover that used velcro. Been really happy with them! Thanks for reading the review!

#LeftyGang

• 1 month later...

I have this guy that I use from time to time.

88034CF0-27A5-445F-906D-CBDE88624838.jpeg.f295e8e232d4473683fd4b7c5b519580.jpeg

I was pretty surprised when I got it. The stitching is top notch, and I got the sense that they didn’t skimp on materials.

Nice review. The next time I’m in need of head cover I’ll look them up again.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

• 2 months later...