TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway Apex 2023

Tom54

Does anyone know if Callaway will be putting out a 2023 line for the Apex irons? I’ve been searching online and can’t find any hints. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

On 9/22/2022 at 2:39 PM, Tom54 said:

Does anyone know if Callaway will be putting out a 2023 line for the Apex irons? I’ve been searching online and can’t find any hints. 

Callaway is generally on two-year product cycles on its irons. Apex was updated for 2022, so I don't think they'll bring out a new model until 2024. They will have something new in the iron category this year, but it will probably be the Epic line or a new version of that concept. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Callaway is generally on two-year product cycles on its irons. Apex was updated for 2022, so I don't think they'll bring out a new model until 2024. They will have something new in the iron category this year, but it will probably be the Epic line or a new version of that concept. 

On 9/22/2022 at 2:39 PM, Tom54 said:

I believe Callaway will be releasing new apex irons this year as they have released them every two years since the 2019 apex. The irons are named with the last two digits of the release year hence the most recent apex irons titled apex 21 for year 2021, my apex irons have the 19 inscribed on them for the year 2019.  2023 would fall under this same logic🤞 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:48 PM, Tommyfortuna said:

I believe Callaway will be releasing new apex irons this year as they have released them every two years since the 2019 apex. The irons are named with the last two digits of the release year hence the most recent apex irons titled apex 21 for year 2021, my apex irons have the 19 inscribed on them for the year 2019.  2023 would fall under this same logic🤞 

Yep - you are correct. Went back and checked and the last Apex update was January of 2021 -- so it would make sense that an update would come this January. 

For giggles and grins, here's the launch story from the most recent update...

2021 Callaway Apex Irons & Hybrids | MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 4 months later...