Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

I want to use my ipad mini with my Rapsodo launch monitor, problem is I've forgotten how I spelt my icloud email address when I set it up. I've spoken with Apple but they say can't do anything, has anyone else done this and did you have a solution. I can't believe that's it your ipad becomes junk, help....

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

58 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I want to use my ipad mini with my Rapsodo launch monitor, problem is I've forgotten how I spelt my icloud email address when I set it up. I've spoken with Apple but they say can't do anything, has anyone else done this and did you have a solution. I can't believe that's it your ipad becomes junk, help....

if you go to settings and then click your name it should show you your apple id

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

if you go to settings and then click your name it should show you your apple id

Ahhh sorry I should have added I tried too many times, it's locked me out...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

5 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

what locked you out?   you typed the lock screen code wrong too many times?   I was just trying to get you to a place that showed you the ID; which you said you forgot.  Once you have  the ID you can then reset the password.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

At this point you really only have one option..

pdRPE2.gif.46a503529a10a03878503161f3dd1312.gif

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

what locked you out?   you typed the lock screen code wrong too many times?   I was just trying to get you to a place that showed you the ID; which you said you forgot.  Once you have  the ID you can then reset the password.  

I created a new Apple email and password for the new ipad and didn't use it for 2 months by which time I couldn't remember the email correctly, after trying too many times it's telling me I'm locked out and I need the original email/password when the ipad was setup from new which I don't have...

5 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I created a new Apple email and password for the new ipad and didn't use it for 2 months by which time I couldn't remember the email correctly, after trying too many times it's telling me I'm locked out and I need the original email/password when the ipad was setup from new which I don't have...

I understand that, if you type the password wrong too many times it will lock you out. You haven’t indicated that the password is the problem,  you said you can’t remember your Apple ID.  Try this and tell me what you see:

1. go to settings
  2. at the top it should list your name
  3. Select your name

what does the t say at the top?  Does it show your name and Apple ID?

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

I understand that, if you type the password wrong too many times it will lock you out. You haven’t indicated that the password is the problem,  you said you can’t remember your Apple ID.  Try this and tell me what you see:

1. go to settings
  2. at the top it should list your name
  3. Select your name

what does the t say at the top?  Does it show your name and Apple ID?

I'm attaching photos, 1st 2nd screen and then try connecting to my iPhone which doesn't work. I'm stuck at the last photo, I've seen online video that shows how to fix this problem and I tried but it didn't work for me. But since I was in a Coma I don't seem to be able to cope to well with some I.T. stuff whereas I did very well in the past...

P.s. can I format my ipad and reinstall the software?

IMG_20230113_084506.jpg

IMG_20230113_084440.jpg

IMG_20230113_084806.jpg

IMG_20230113_085006.jpg

Edited by Bang60
Missed info

6 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm attaching photos, 1st 2nd screen and then try connecting to my iPhone which doesn't work. I'm stuck at the last photo, I've seen online video that shows how to fix this problem and I tried but it didn't work for me. But since I was in a Coma I don't seem to be able to cope to well with some I.T. stuff whereas I did very well in the past...

P.s. can I format my ipad and reinstall the software?

IMG_20230113_084506.jpg

IMG_20230113_084440.jpg

IMG_20230113_084806.jpg

IMG_20230113_085006.jpg

Searching for some solutions,  it seems like the best thing to try would be to unlock via the find my phone function.  Based on some quick searches it appears you can turn off the activation lock.   This might work since you were able to unlock use your phone to get past the passcode promptt

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Searching for some solutions,  it seems like the best thing to try would be to unlock via the find my phone function.  Based on some quick searches it appears you can turn off the activation lock.   This might work since you were able to unlock use your phone to get past the passcode promptt

I wasn't able too unlock, that's why it's said 

"IPad locked to owner" that's the person who bought the ipad new....

I tried my Mizuno MP Type ll driver yesterday, I couldn't get the distance close to my ladies shaft driver of 255metres, the difference of 20grams with one ladies flex the other stiff reg that is too much. Hope that's clear-ish...

Edited by Bang60
Can't spell.

I'm thinking of trying a Callaway warbird driver lightweight shaft as part of my Otto Phlex saga, might try a tm adapter and use my SIM head, I still shake my head at what I've learnt from @azstu324 but feel like I've not got much time to take advantage of it. How much time and money have we all spent on lessons and buying clubs that were of no real use to us, when I think of what the Pro's taught me and what I've learnt now I'm horrified they taught me so little..

Well think I've been thinking too much lol, my Widex ll driver shaft is 43 inches hmmmm don't know if that's long enough to do what I want so will keep looking for a decent shaft. Anyone disagree?

Now listen you knew I wasn't going to give up on Otto Phlex and yeah I can't help myself lol, so I've pulled the shafts from my Mizuno mp57 and MP32 and put the shafts out of my Mizuno Comp EZ which are ladies shafts. The shafts out of the MP57 MP32 were Stiff steel super light not bad but I want to have a set of Mizuno irons with ladies flex shafts, I've only done the 6 8 P irons but I also put a Mizuno 5iron ladies shaft in a T200 4iron head just as experiment...

Had a session on indoor trackman yesterday with a friend. He tried my PLB A at 47 inches in SIM2. His gamer is a stiff Ping 425. The Ping he can get to just over 100 mph CHS. He maxed out my ottophlex at 106.5 mph. I don't know how much the extra length is the cause, but he also liked the "feeling" of the PLB.

I may have created a new believer in ottophlex.

(I had a new PB in CHS at 109 mph)

I've just glued the ladies flex shafts into MP32 8 and P, and MP57 6 heads, + T200 4iron but used the 5iron shaft. I'm going to try out the existing grips even though there slippery, anyone have any ideas to fix this problem plz? You'll notice I left the original ferrule on the 4iron shaft as out of the four it's the only one I saved lol, plus it's a ring in Titleist T200...

IMG_20230118_095028.jpg

Edited by Bang60
Spelling

Just a heads up, I'll be pulling double duty as our Nippon 850 GH Neo test is about to kick off here shortly. We're all just waiting on some logistics to come together. I opted to go all in on an OttoPhlex theme and had Nippon send me a full set of R flex that I soft-stepped to play close to a very limber R, close to A flex. I'll be trying to provide testing updates as well as update this thread with the results relating to the OP performance. Things are about to get interesting for me 😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just a quick shout out to this thread for cracking 1000 posts! Wow who would have thought? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 1/17/2023 at 6:02 PM, azstu324 said:

Just a heads up, I'll be pulling double duty as our Nippon 850 GH Neo test is about to kick off here shortly. We're all just waiting on some logistics to come together. I opted to go all in on an OttoPhlex theme and had Nippon send me a full set of R flex that I soft-stepped to play close to a very limber R, close to A flex. I'll be trying to provide testing updates as well as update this thread with the results relating to the OP performance. Things are about to get interesting for me 😜

And by definition interesting for a lot of us.

I just finished building a Callaway Mavrik Max 7 iron using a Vista Pro iron shaft in L flex, D0 swing weight, which I'll compare to a Mavirk Max 7 iron in A flex.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

On 1/17/2023 at 3:00 PM, Bang60 said:

I've just glued the ladies flex shafts into MP32 8 and P, and MP57 6 heads, + T200 4iron but used the 5iron shaft. I'm going to try out the existing grips even though there slippery, anyone have any ideas to fix this problem plz? You'll notice I left the original ferrule on the 4iron shaft as out of the four it's the only one I saved lol, plus it's a ring in Titleist T200...

IMG_20230118_095028.jpg

Here in the US we have a product at auto supply stores called "Bleche White", it's a tire cleaner.  Working outside (it's got a strong odor and isn't the best product to use in a confined space) I spray a few shots on the grip, take a brush to work it in to the grip, let it sit about 15 seconds, and give a good rinse with fresh water.  Let dry and off you go.  Removes the hand oil and dirt that builds up and creates the slick grip feeling.

Do NOT use it on other than traditional composition grips, i.e. Winn or Super Stroke.  You can get 3-4 times the life out of a set of grips by doing this routine once every three months or so.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

On 1/3/2023 at 9:09 AM, azstu324 said:

I know that a lot of the Ping heads naturally come in a bit heavier so those have been a little more tricky to deal with. For those, I'd say that sticking with the original Riptide might be the trick.

The head that I started the experiment with (PXG 0311) is really my only field sample. I do know that had I kept the original weight configuration of 7.5, 7.5, 2.5, and played it at 46", the SW would have been right at D1 with the Garafalloy PLB 45g.

Once again here's a total head weight with the 10g, 7.5g, and 2.5g setup that I have now. So just deduct 2g or so and that would be a good model weight for a 46" 45g non-HBP shaft. 

1001221034.jpg.f208ec35b8cf9dd9fc4446acbad3cd0b.jpg

Value Golf is a good source for graphite shaft counterweights.  4 grams at the butt of the shaft = 1 swing weight lighter.  And adding even 12 or 16 grams under your left hand isn't really noticeable in terms of how the club feels.  It's a simple hack to reduce swing weight while maintaining the length you''d like.

The counterweight simply sits inside the butt of the shaft, add your grip tape ( or a piece of masking tape if you're using air to install grips) and away you go.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just a quick shout out to this thread for cracking 1000 posts! Wow who would have thought? 

Like I mentioned about 30 pages ago somewhere, I expected to maybe get 3-5 pages of decent banter and maybe have a few interested in the project.. 🤯

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just now, azstu324 said:

Like I mentioned about 30 pages ago somewhere, I expected to maybe get 3-5 pages of decent banter and maybe have a few interested in the project.. 🤯

You mean you didn't expect 51+ pages?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You mean you didn't expect 51+ pages?

Ummm.. no sir 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

OK not a surprise to those following this thread, and it's been mentioned several times throughout, but ... getting the proper swing weight *for your individual preference* is totally key!!

Background: had taken my wife's old Cobra Amp driver to the range to check out the idea of hitting an L flex shaft .. was playing R .. and liked it! .. so decided to get a GPLB but in A for my gamer driver.

I'd continued to use the old Cobra as my range/practice club - without ever checking the swing weight... I knew it was a little "light" but just hadn't bothered.

Well... Finally did check and it was way less than the ummm assumed C8-9ish 🤦‍♂️ .. added a weight to it to bring it up to somewhere near D0...

..finally got back to the range yesterday afternoon...

Kaboom baby! 😝

(on a relative basis, that is .. I'm one of the only golfers on the web who does not drive the ball 300 yds)

...Also note: partial credit also goes to lessons and continued practice 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

52 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

OK not a surprise to those following this thread, and it's been mentioned several times throughout, but ... getting the proper swing weight *for your individual preference* is totally key!!

Background: had taken my wife's old Cobra Amp driver to the range to check out the idea of hitting an L flex shaft .. was playing R .. and liked it! .. so decided to get a GPLB but in A for my gamer driver.

I'd continued to use the old Cobra as my range/practice club - without ever checking the swing weight... I knew it was a little "light" but just hadn't bothered.

Well... Finally did check and it was way less than the ummm assumed C8-9ish 🤦‍♂️ .. added a weight to it to bring it up to somewhere near D0...

Kaboom baby! 😝

(on a relative basis, that is .. I'm one of the only golfers on the web who does not drive the ball 300 yds)

I can, on a decent day, hit the ball 300 yards.  Just not in one shot...ever...

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

33 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

There's scientific evidence that you hit the ball further and play better when you're by yourself 😂

59 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Kaboom baby! 😝

It's amazing that the days I hit over 300 and shoot low 70's I'm playing by myself..😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

15 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

There's scientific evidence that you hit the ball further and play better when you're by yourself 😂

It's amazing that the days I hit over 300 and shoot low 70's I'm playing by myself..😜

Hmmmmm I can't even do it in my dreams...

I've found that I get better results testing on the golf course not in the NETS, maybe the NETS are restricting to me but I feel MUCH more comfortable on the course and distance dispersion is better, I'm over the moon I've got to 255metres...

7 hours ago, Bobbers said:

Here in the US we have a product at auto supply stores called "Bleche White", it's a tire cleaner.  Working outside (it's got a strong odor and isn't the best product to use in a confined space) I spray a few shots on the grip, take a brush to work it in to the grip, let it sit about 15 seconds, and give a good rinse with fresh water.  Let dry and off you go.  Removes the hand oil and dirt that builds up and creates the slick grip feeling.

Do NOT use it on other than traditional composition grips, i.e. Winn or Super Stroke.  You can get 3-4 times the life out of a set of grips by doing this routine once every three months or so.

THANKS @bobbers, didn't think of a tyre cleaner so off to the automotive spare parts shop...

Love seeing someone doing preventive work, I'll look at a few different cleaners as all I've tried is dishwashing liquid. Your advice is exactly what I wanted, thanks...