TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

24 minutes ago, qLofty said:

So my driver is TSi3 at 10° at B1 setting. I turned it to C1 setting to get it down to 9.25°. Need to spend some more time with it but do enough the load feel I get with it. 

As for the disbursement and control. It does feel a bit better. I play a draw as I spent so much time fixing over the top when I first started golfing that it takes every fiber in my body to swing out to in now so I always swing in to out. So my misses are big draws/hooks. They did feel tighter and was a point on the range had 4 drives land within 5 yards of each other. Feel like with my Oban I have to been completely on for that to happen. 

Going to be test it more this weekend and might try to test on another simulator to compare the spin rate. Going to try to get a 30 minute session at PGASS. 

Usually if they're not busy, you can easily milk 2 hours out of the 30 minutes 😜

If you get someone that's cool enough, they'll let you use the GC2 which is way more accurate and you can bring your own gamer balls as they read a lot better IMO than the overhead bays in the back. The back bays are much better with irons than the driver. Spin always seems about 1000 rpm higher than actual. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

18 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Usually if they're not busy, you can easily milk 2 hours out of the 30 minutes 😜

If you get someone that's cool enough, they'll let you use the GC2 which is way more accurate and you can bring your own gamer balls as they read a lot better IMO than the overhead bays in the back. The back bays are much better with irons than the driver. Spin always seems about 1000 rpm higher than actual. 

That's good to know. I have a pretty good relationship with the store as I run a Foundation and Golf outing and always go to them for gifts/raffle items. 

When i brought the shaft there to be made i was talking to the club maker about it and he was confused at first with my SS and going to A flex shaft. I told him about "OttoPhlex". When I picked it up he said he put the swing weight to D1 and that he looked up this forum and gave it a read, was curious how it turns out. 

Driver- Tsi3

Irons- Srixon Zx5

Wedges- Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putter- Sik 

13 minutes ago, qLofty said:

he was confused at first

They always are 🤣

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So I order the GPL GWX as I plan to test this out in my 3 wood as well. 

What would you recommend the cut length be for the 3 wood, the same I play it at or a little shorter? 

Also, just a general question/advice. If I want to start working on the shafts myself where should I start to learn what to do?

Driver- Tsi3

Irons- Srixon Zx5

Putter- Sik 

38 minutes ago, qLofty said:

What would you recommend the cut length be for the 3 wood, the same I play it at or a little shorter? 

Also, just a general question/advice. If I want to start working on the shafts myself where should I start to learn what to do?

There are a lot of club building videos on youtube. I cant remember where I started, but I think Hireko has some good ones. You dont need that much equipment either to start with. To properly measure clubs I recommend a club ruler like this: https://www.hirekogolf.com/dynacraft-bench-ruler-soleplate-kit.html. You probably have a digital weight and then you need glue, sand paper and a heat gun (or torch). I have more "things" but that is really all I use regularly.

1 hour ago, qLofty said:

AJ at Mobile Clubmaker Golf (YouTube) has a load of great videos directed specifically to DIY builders. He shows how you can do a lot of basic building with stuff around the house. 

@peakationjust mentioned a few good items. 

Overall, you'll want some decent equipment for the following:

Measuring: weight and length; a good food scale with .00 g, a tape measure, and/or an aluminum yard stick. 

Prepping/cleaning: sandpaper; 220 grit for tip prep, 60 grit for hosel cleaning and tip scoring; Acetone for cleaning and ferrule turning. Rubbing alcohol also for pre glue cleaning. Lint free shop towels. Good paper towels. 

Heat: butane torch for iron shaft removal. Heat gun for graphite shafts removal and grip tape heating/removal. Once you get your heating skills dialed in, you really can do everything with the torch BUT you can ruin a graphite shaft if you aren't careful. 

Cutting: for graphite shafts, a good jigsaw or hacksaw with a fine blade (10+ TPI). 

Miscellaneous items that are extremely helpful:

Table vice + rubber shaft clamp: this almost a must have if you want to go deeper into club building. If you have a Harbor freight in your area, you can get an adequate one for around $30-$40

Dremel (like) tool. Great for cutting, cleaning, grinding, prepping. 

Graphite shaft puller: this and my next recommendation are going to be worth their weight in gold. If you can spare the $100 or so and can buy a legit budget puller from Golfworks, go that route. A nicer puller would run $180+. If you plan to do anything with the tip end of a graphite shaft, this is a MUST. You can also search for DIY shaft puller and go that route too but those also require additional fabrication and ingenuity. 

Air compressor (portable): the disclaimer on this is that you have to be partial to full rubber grips. Winn and some others won't work with this method. I'll never install grips with sticky tape and solvent again. Once you have all of your grips converted to this method, moving forward, you can remove, swap, reuse grips effortlessly. Want to try and extra wrap? 5 seconds and you can remove the grip, add the wrap, and put the grip back on. 

Oh.. and a big roll of wide masking tape for grips. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, qLofty said:

As for the 3 wood, I believe 43" playing length is about where you wanna start. I'll measure mine as soon as I'm off of work but I think mine might be in the 42.5" range. I believe I cut 1/2" from the tip, installed it, and then measured the playing length to finish the butt end trimming. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I'd add you can buy a brake pads puller/pusher, see photo cost me in NZ$40? Plus the "F" clamp means you can do that job anywhere, the object of the exercise is to push the head off straight off a GRAPHITE Shaft steel you can twist off without damaging anything. All I did was cut a slot for the shaft easy peasy, I would buy some clubs from your local charity shop and pull them apart and put them back together to practice how to use heat gun or flame torch. Good luck...

Ps,....

I used hot water to soften the ferrule because it was a nice one and I wanted to reuse it...

IMG_20220912_080114.jpg

Edited by Bang60
Missed info

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Air compressor (portable): the disclaimer on this is that you have to be partial to full rubber grips. Winn and some others won't work with this method. I'll never install grips with sticky tape and solvent again. Once you have all of your grips converted to this method, moving forward, you can remove, swap, reuse grips effortlessly. Want to try and extra wrap? 5 seconds and you can remove the grip, add the wrap, and put the grip back on. 

Yes! This! After investing in an air compressor (and a proper "pistol") I have fun changing grips. And when it comes to grips, reusing and longevity I would highly recommend leather grips from Bestgrips or The GripMaster. They are pricey but last years and get even stickier when wet. I got a custom of set of bestgrips in 2016 and still use them! Been through several drivers, woods, two iron sets and four wedges.

56 minutes ago, peakation said:

Yes! This! After investing in an air compressor (and a proper "pistol") I have fun changing grips. And when it comes to grips, reusing and longevity I would highly recommend leather grips from Bestgrips or The GripMaster. They are pricey but last years and get even stickier when wet. I got a custom of set of bestgrips in 2016 and still use them! Been through several drivers, woods, two iron sets and four wedges.

I remember first learning that you could actually save grips and I was like 🤯.. did that for a few years, and while it's a huge PITA.. I'd do it for the sake of saving $.. then I got into compressed air and 🤯🤯🤯🤯..🤦🏼‍♂️

Why didn't I do this years ago?!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 2/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, azstu324 said:

Not sure if you mentioned it but what loft are you playing your driver at? A lot of us noticed that the initial launch was pretty high and had to end up turning the loft down. For example my stock loft is at 9 degrees and I turned it down to 7.5° that I've never used before and launch is absolutely perfect with my spin rate around 2100 RPM.

My next question is how is your disbursement and control? Have you noticed it get any better or worse? When I started this experiment my goal wasn't really to chase more distance so much as to gain better control but I ended up actually getting even more distance and finding the control that I was after so for me it was a real win-win. 

So is th A flex then recommended for us big swingers or is this just a thing you have to test between the A and R flex? I was maybe thinking about this in my setup at playing it at 44.5”

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 minute ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

So is th A flex then recommended for us big swingers or is this just a thing you have to test between the A and R flex? I was maybe thinking about this in my setup at playing it at 44.5”

The theory is that you should drop 2 flexes and 2 weight classes from what you normally play.  If you play X then you should try R.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

58 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The theory is that you should drop 2 flexes and 2 weight classes from what you normally play.  If you play X then you should try R.   

So to add a little to this, my original average SS was around 110 mph. I played XS for a few years.. but in the 60-65g category. So technically I could have been fit into both S and XS depending on the brand, weight, and the frequency profile. 

I'm playing A flex in the Garafalloy PLB and couldn't imagine going any stiffer. Even with swing speeds north of 114 mph, the shaft is plenty stable and crazy consistent. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

@qLofty

I just measured and my 3 wood is playing right at 42.5". For reference, I'm 6' 2.5" and with the OP setup this feels very controllable and distance is a non issue. 

On another note, I found the video that inspired my DIY shaft puller and is similar to @Bang60's. This is the best DIY puller I've been able to find so far and works great! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Okay so I have a kind of medium confession to make. When I first started this thread it was done on the basis of research that I had done that stated the specific swing weight needed to be around D0. Well after reading the article about the new Free Flex shaft that is supposed to be a sandbox competitor for the Autoflex, and how it allows the ability to increase swing weight to whatever you desire, while maintaining control and consistency.. that really intrigued me, and then I started thinking about seeing how far the limits of the PLB can go and still be completely stable. Today I may have proven myself wrong in my initial statement about the swing weight as I tried an increased swing weight up to D2, and holy crap I think I hit the motherload! I know that D2 isn't extremely high but then again with this shaft profile it feels even more like a D4 or D5. There was never any doubt for inconsistency or instability and I was able to feel the shaft load and release with so much power and was delivering some absolute bombs today! I'm just over the moon about this setup! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 1/29/2023 at 1:18 PM, DukeStKing said:

Bingo!

I will get a free sleeve of Chrome Softs for showing up. I’ve got that going for me… which is nice. 

On 1/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, azstu324 said:

So in other words your "fitting" will consist of you hitting golf balls until you decide if you like the driver or not..😜🤦🏼‍♂️

So here are my numbers on Trackman with my G425 Max and the Otto Phlex shaft (I averaged the 7 best for a 222 carry average): 

34418CF9-9529-42C5-9A78-23FE05FCC6D1.png.9e618401ff5215c3ebc366dcbf719a20.png

Here are my numbers with the Paradym and the standard Hrzdous Silver 50 gram in stiff (7 shots for a 233 carry average):

1A9B0A43-A558-4E24-881D-54B4E1AFBA7E.png.b525068efa172dff214875f81c154084.png

I also measured my G425 max with my Ventus Blue 5S against what they had at GG, which was a Ventus Blue 6R and the results were the same: I averaged more than 10 yards of carry distance with the Paradym. (230’s with the Paradym and 220’s with the G425 Max regardless of what shaft I was using). The fitter was useless except to point out the obvious- that my attack angle was negative and I needed to fix it… thanks Captain Obvious.  
It is interesting that even with my messed up winter swing (attack angle) I was getting more carry with the Paradym. I had my Ping set at 10 degrees (it’s a 9 degree head) and the Paradym was at 10.5- that can not explain the more than 10 additional carry yards. Anyone want to buy a brand new PING 9 degree head? 
The Otto Phlex shaft still feels the best to me, but I was getting better dispersion with the Hrzdz Silver 50 gram. If I get the Paradym I would love to see what it will do with the Grafalloy Otto Phlex. 
Thoughts? 

Edited by DukeStKing

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

Well your launch angle was 4 degrees higher with the hrzdus shaft. That’d be why you have 10 yards more carry but only 3 more total. Yea with 100 mph ss a -aoa isn’t optimized but if it’s just your “winter swing” ur aoa might get alittle better. The get the spin down a bit with the paradym ur good to go. Just my opinion 

Finally fitted for a driver couldn’t b happier Callaway Paradym RDX RED XSTIFF 65g titlist TRS2+, tsi2 5 wood, 2021 t300 5-pw, PXG 5 hyb, , cbx zipcore 52 Taylor made hitoe 56, hitoe 58*60*  Seemore model C ProV1x 2023

1 hour ago, DukeStKing said:

So here are my numbers on Trackman with my G425 Max and the Otto Phlex shaft (I averaged the 7 best for a 222 carry average): 

34418CF9-9529-42C5-9A78-23FE05FCC6D1.png.9e618401ff5215c3ebc366dcbf719a20.png

Here are my numbers with the Paradym and the standard Hrzdous Silver 50 gram in stiff (7 shots for a 233 carry average):

1A9B0A43-A558-4E24-881D-54B4E1AFBA7E.png.b525068efa172dff214875f81c154084.png

I also measured my G425 max with my Ventus Blue 5S against what they had at GG, which was a Ventus Blue 6R and the results were the same: I averaged more than 10 yards of carry distance with the Paradym. (230’s with the Paradym and 220’s with the G425 Max regardless of what shaft I was using). The fitter was useless except to point out the obvious- that my attack angle was negative and I needed to fix it… thanks Captain Obvious.  
It is interesting that even with my messed up winter swing (attack angle) I was getting more carry with the Paradym. I had my Ping set at 10 degrees (it’s a 9 degree head) and the Paradym was at 10.5- that can not explain the more than 10 additional carry yards. Anyone want to buy a brand new PING 9 degree head? 
The Otto Phlex shaft still feels the best to me, but I was getting better dispersion with the Hrzdz Silver 50 gram. If I get the Paradym I would love to see what it will do with the Grafalloy Otto Phlex. 
Thoughts? 

What's wild is that EVERYTHING but the launch angle shows that the PLB + Ping should have crushed the other combo. If somehow you could increase that attack, and up your launch, you'd find those extra yards and then some. 

I think it's worth getting a Callaway tip on that PLB and trying it out in  10.5° or higher head

Or..

Take the PLB back and plug into a 12° Ping and see how that shakes out

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

What's wild is that EVERYTHING but the launch angle shows that the PLB should have crushed the other shaft. If somehow you could increase that attack, and up your launch, you'd find those extra yards and then some. 

I think it's worth getting a Callaway tip on that PLB and trying it out in  10.5° or higher head

I think because I hadn’t hit a ball in more than 2 months I was lining the ball up too close to the center- I should be able to fix the attack angle by making a conscious effort to line the ball up with my left toe. But what makes me want to get the Callaway is that even with the bad set-up I was still carrying the ball significantly farther. I have to try @Bang60 method of pulling adapters and give the Callaway a try with the Grafalloy. 

19 minutes ago, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

Well your launch angle was 4 degrees higher with the hrzdus shaft. That’d be why you have 10 yards more carry but only 3 more total. Yea with 100 mph ss a -aoa isn’t optimized but if it’s just your “winter swing” ur aoa might get alittle better. The get the spin down a bit with the paradym ur good to go. Just my opinion 

Do you think the center of gravity in the Paradym might also be a factor in launch angle? The bottom of the Paradym has that weird shape like the Taylor Made drivers to lower the position of the back weight relative to the face compared to the G425 Max

9 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

Do you think the center of gravity in the Paradym might also be a factor in launch angle? The bottom of the Paradym has that weird shape like the Taylor Made drivers to lower the position of the back weight relative to the face compared to the G425 Max

@GirlDadGolfer0204 These were my numbers with the G425 Max - Ventus 5S. Launch avg 11.2 and the carry average was 220’s also. I think there could be something about the Paradym head. 

B08B4AAA-97BE-450A-A2BE-FBCE87B8BAF9.png

Edited by DukeStKing

6 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

@GirlDadGolfer0204 These were my numbers with the G425 Max - Ventus 5S. Launch avg 11.2 and the carry average was 220’s also. I think there could be something about the Paradym head. 

B08B4AAA-97BE-450A-A2BE-FBCE87B8BAF9.png

I'm looking fwd to seeing how that shaft performs when you change the adapter for the Callaway head, my 2 shafts arrived today that are an exact copy of the Otto phlex shaft in my TS3 so I'm setting one up for my SIM 9* head in a few days...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

@DukeStKing Aren't Ping heads harder to fit into a ottophlex shaft (with proper swing weight) as they are usually heavier than other heads? Normally you also need to turn the head down one or two degrees to get the launch angle better, but your launch is lower with the ottophlex combo. I would love to see the ottophlex/paradym setup! Personally I have never liked the Callaway heads, but everything is up in the air now... 

2 hours ago, peakation said:

@DukeStKing Aren't Ping heads harder to fit into a ottophlex shaft (with proper swing weight) as they are usually heavier than other heads? Normally you also need to turn the head down one or two degrees to get the launch angle better, but your launch is lower with the ottophlex combo. I would love to see the ottophlex/paradym setup! Personally I have never liked the Callaway heads, but everything is up in the air now... 

Yes. The issue I had with the PING head is the weight- I was guessing which weight head weight to buy off Amazon- had to return a couple. Going down to 20 grams for the back weight did the trick. It looks like PING is jumping into this experiment as they are selling a G430 with an 11 gram weight and super light shaft as a  faster high launch version of the new 430 Max… interesting. 

@DukeStKing the other workaround (though not ideal) could be to go back to Golf Galaxy/PGASS and use whatever stock Senior flex shaft they have that already has the callaway tip on it with the paradym head. I know it defeats the purpose of matching the otto-phlex experiment and isn't apples to apples but I found the stock senior flex cobra shaft (UST Helium Nanocore) was still better than my stock stiff shaft (for me at 107-111 mph on driver). 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

23 minutes ago, vandyland said:

@DukeStKing the other workaround (though not ideal) could be to go back to Golf Galaxy/PGASS and use whatever stock Senior flex shaft they have that already has the callaway tip on it with the paradym head. I know it defeats the purpose of matching the otto-phlex experiment and isn't apples to apples but I found the stock senior flex cobra shaft (UST Helium Nanocore) was still better than my stock stiff shaft (for me at 107-111 mph on driver). 

I did it the 40 gram Aldila in regular flex:

176C9518-494A-43FD-AD3B-E447FF99793D.png.f9db9e2a6e3f00f8bb95213758285fb4.png

The top 7 hits carry average was 227- 3 yards longer than my G425 Max with the Otto Phlex. Not apples to apples, but it makes me reconsider getting the Paradym. 

I want to thank everyone who has been responding to my Paradym v 425 Max dilemma. It’s making me rethink the idea of getting the Paradym- I’ll never be able to get a fair value for my brand new g425 max and if I can fix the launch angle issues with the Max, I’ll be golden.  
I just can’t seem to reconcile the fact that I got better launch angle numbers and carry distance with the Paradym regardless of shaft and even swing speed- whether I swung the Paradym at 98 or 100 it’s still carried in the 230’s. 

5 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

I did it the 40 gram Aldila in regular flex:

176C9518-494A-43FD-AD3B-E447FF99793D.png.f9db9e2a6e3f00f8bb95213758285fb4.png

The top 7 hits carry average was 227- 3 yards longer than my G425 Max with the Otto Phlex. Not apples to apples, but it makes me reconsider getting the Paradym. 

I want to thank everyone who has been responding to my Paradym v 425 Max dilemma. It’s making me rethink the idea of getting the Paradym- I’ll never be able to get a fair value for my brand new g425 max and if I can fix the launch angle issues with the Max, I’ll be golden.  
I just can’t seem to reconcile the fact that I got better launch angle numbers and carry distance with the Paradym regardless of shaft and even swing speed- whether I swung the Paradym at 98 or 100 it’s still carried in the 230’s. 

I'm liking reading about different shaft setups, I'm happy I have 3 identical shafts I bought from Global Golf on eBay. And a big thank you to Global Golf for delivery ONLY took 6 DAY'S from America to New Zealand, amazingly FAST...

Want to provide an update:

Been able to use multiple simulators now. Golfzon, Trackman, Full Swing.

I am a member at a Sim with Full Swing so it is my most used sim (3-5x a week and play in a league). Id say on average my backspin on my driver on Full Swing is around 2500-2600 ball speed around 155-165, with my drive mainly being baby draw to big draws. No really any slices except more pushes/ push fade. Of course had drive that were in the 3000-4000 spin rate. Club head speed here showing 108-115

Trackman I was able to play one session. Mainly getting spin rates around 2600 again but had some drive going 265 carry with 3200 spin rate. Ball speed around 160. Few drive with spin rate around 1800-2200 but those were more low drives.  Club head about the same as Full Swing (108-114). Id say playing mostly a draw but some fades rather than the push on full swing.

Golfzon id say average spin rate was showing around 3000, feel like i couldn't get below 2800 on my drive. I have played this sim about 3 time with the OttoPhlex. Carry mainly going 265-280 on those 3200 spin rate drives. Club head speed id say was about the same and same as ball speed. Just seem to be playing more Fade/slice and small draws. 

For reference gaming the GPLB A 45g cut down to 45in playing with a TSi3 set to 9.25 degree D1.5. 

Small test of the GPLB GWX in the PING g425 3wood playing at 43in, felt goo just maybe need to cut down and might want it a little stiffer. Only tested on Golfzon but want to test on full swing and trackman as well. 

Edited by qLofty

Driver- Tsi3

Irons- Srixon Zx5

Putter- Sik 

Until I can get on trackman or GCQuad I am going to abandon this project. Not that I didn't or couldn't hit my Otto Phlex, but I definitely noticed some inconsistency with it. The feel was fine and I will revisit this later on, however for now I am much more comfortable with my Fuji stiff shaft and the feel along with performance was much better. 

We will see what happens later on, but at least for now I have to call this a bust... or maybe it was just cold, not comfortable with the higher tee or a variety of other things however with so many other questions going on with my swing and so on it just doesn't help adding this as another variable. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Until I can get on trackman or GCQuad I am going to abandon this project. Not that I didn't or couldn't hit my Otto Phlex, but I definitely noticed some inconsistency with it. The feel was fine and I will revisit this later on, however for now I am much more comfortable with my Fuji stiff shaft and the feel along with performance was much better. 

We will see what happens later on, but at least for now I have to call this a bust... or maybe it was just cold, not comfortable with the higher tee or a variety of other things however with so many other questions going on with my swing and so on it just doesn't help adding this as another variable. 

Hey man, real honesty is what I wanna see so thanks for providing your experience thus far. Just like ANY piece of golf equipment from tees to golf carts and everything in between, it'll work great for some but definitely not for others. 

Up to this point, I'm just stoked to see all of the participation and general success rate. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG