TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

I have been experimenting with the "Otto flex" for the past few months with varying degrees of success.  

I normally play a Ping G425 Max at 10.5 degrees with an aftermarket Tensei Pro CK Orange 60 in stiff flex.  I'm gonna be 70 next week and only swing it around 90 mph these days but still have a pretty aggressive transition.  As recently as six or seven years ago I could still carry it 260 - 270 but now I'm more in the 210 -220 range when I'm hitting it pretty good.

Like many I purchased the Graffaloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in "A" flex.  The first few rounds it was like magic.  It just felt so natural to slow down my swing and especially my transition and I was really hitting it well and it just felt effortless.  Probably picked up 10 yards carry easy even though I was hitting it a little too high even at the big minus setting.  

Nonetheless it felt very head heavy and although I don't have a scale to confirm this it just seems logical that dropping that many grams in shaft weight without adjusting head weight would drastically increase the swingweight.  🤷‍♂️

However I'm on the verge of ordering a G430 Max and didn't want to waste money on lighter backweights for a driver that I'm about to replace.

However I slowly started getting quicker and going after it a little bit harder and suddenly the magic wasn't so magic anymore.  I still hit the occasional "bomb" (90 mph club speed remember so it's kind  of relative) but the high right and low left miss started to become an issue.  Add in the fact that it's winter and we're playing pretty sporadically and typically in cold, windy and wet conditions it was difficult to get any consistency or really work on anything.

Consequently I went back to the Tensei for a few rounds and hit it pretty good again but then it got colder and it just seemed like it became too much work to swing.

Put the Pro Launch  Blue back in and it was rinse and repeat - really good right up until it wasn't.  I'm probably going to order the G430 at nine degrees and with the CB Alta in soft regular just to try as another leg of the experiment but fully intend to get some lighter backweights and try the Pro Launch in that head as well.

I could be wrong but it just "feels" like if I can lighten the headweight up a little bit I might be able to resist the temptation to pull down so hard from the top.

Edited by Vernon

1 hour ago, Vernon said:

I have been experimenting with the "Otto flex" for the past few months with varying degrees of success.  

I normally play a Ping G425 Max at 10.5 degrees with an aftermarket Tensei Pro CK Orange 60 in stiff flex.  I'm gonna be 70 next week and only swing it around 90 mph these days but still have a pretty aggressive transition.  As recently as six or seven years ago I could still carry it 260 - 270 but now I'm more in the 210 -220 range when I'm hitting it pretty good.

Like many I purchased the Graffaloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in "A" flex.  The first few rounds it was like magic.  It just felt so natural to slow down my swing and especially my transition and I was really hitting it well and it just felt effortless.  Probably picked up 10 yards carry easy even though I was hitting it a little too high even at the big minus setting.  

Nonetheless it felt very head heavy and although I don't have a scale to confirm this it just seems logical that dropping that many grams in shaft weight without adjusting head weight would drastically increase the swingweight.  🤷‍♂️

However I'm on the verge of ordering a G430 Max and didn't want to waste money on lighter backweights for a driver that I'm about to replace.

However I slowly started getting quicker and going after it a little bit harder and suddenly the magic wasn't so magic anymore.  I still hit the occasional "bomb" (90 mph club speed remember so it's kind  of relative) but the high right and low left miss started to become an issue.  Add in the fact that it's winter and we're playing pretty sporadically and typically in cold, windy and wet conditions it was difficult to get any consistency or really work on anything.

Consequently I went back to the Tensei for a few rounds and hit it pretty good again but then it got colder and it just seemed like it became too much work to swing.

Put the Pro Launch  Blue back in and it was rinse and repeat - really good right up until it wasn't.  I'm probably going to order the G430 at nine degrees and with the CB Alta in soft regular just to try as another leg of the experiment but fully intend to get some lighter backweights and try the Pro Launch in that head as well.

I could be wrong but it just "feels" like if I can lighten the headweight up a little bit I might be able to resist the temptation to pull down so hard from the top.

Great start so far and thanks for sharing!

I know the head weight of the G425 has been an ongoing conundrum for some as it's probably the heaviest driver head on the market. 

Something to consider when getting into swing weight is that the Otto Phlex plays about 2-3 SW heavier than the scale shows. Meaning that a D1 feels and plays more like D3+. Initially I thought that anything over D1 would lead to eminent disaster as that is more/less how the Autoflex is designed. Recently for experiment sake AND in light of the recent Free Flex claims of working with any swing weight, I took it from D0 to D2 and found complete success.  This is my sweet spot as previously, I played between D4/5 with my non-OP setup.

A final thought for you @Vernon, I'm 44 and have an avg swing speed of 112+ with the Otto Phlex. I'm playing the A flex with complete success. "A" flex might be your natural flex outside of the Otto Phlex setup. You may want to consider an L for the sake of reaping all of the benefits that could be had. 

Questions: do you know the weight of the G30 head?

I'm guessing that the adapter tip hasn't changed so have you considered taking your Garafalloy PLB to the fitting to plug it in to the G430? 

Lastly, what length are you playing the PLB G25? If over 45", have you considered shortening it to help reduce the SW? 

Keep us all posted on what you do as we're all learning together. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

7 hours ago, Vernon said:

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I know the head weight of the G425 has been an ongoing conundrum for some as it's probably the heaviest driver head on the market. 

Something to consider when getting into swing weight is that the Otto Phlex plays about 2-3 SW heavier than the scale shows. Meaning that a D1 feels and plays more like D3+. Initially I thought that anything over D1 would lead to eminent disaster as that is more/less how the Autoflex is designed. Recently for experiment sake AND in light of the recent Free Flex claims of working with any swing weight, I took it from D0 to D2 and found complete success.  This is my sweet spot as previously, I played between D4/5 with my non-OP setup.

A final thought for you @Vernon, I'm 44 and have an avg swing speed of 112+ with the Otto Phlex. I'm playing the A flex with complete success. "A" flex might be your natural flex outside of the Otto Phlex setup. You may want to consider an L for the sake of reaping all of the benefits that could be had. 

I'm guessing that the adapter tip hasn't changed so have you considered taking your Garafalloy PLB to the fitting to plug it in to the G430? 

Lastly, what length are you playing the PLB G25? If over 45", have you considered shortening it to help reduce the SW? 

Have to agree with the L flex shaft, I was playing Stiff and tried XStiff. Ladies flex won by a country mile and I've gone to L flex shaft in my irons too, L flex shafts are cheap on eBay and I've bought 3 for under$20 each....

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Impatience and the flight into the wind has got the better of me, and I have just purchased a 9 degree epic speed head to try… I figured I will unload the one that doesn’t deliver. I think I am all in on the GPLB due to its launch characteristics and feel. So now I am optimising the head loft , 10.5 dropped to 9.5 is still high, hence looking at the 9 degree. Which could be adjusted to 8 degrees .. or set at 9 which should be similar. 
The next stage is to look at low spin or low launch golf balls - but this is only if I want to bring the height down a bit further. 
On a side note, I noticed my tempo was a bit off, as I hadn’t been hitting the driver, so I need to just introduce this in to my routine. 

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

1 hour ago, Ding-dong said:

Impatience and the flight into the wind has got the better of me, and I have just purchased a 9 degree epic speed head to try… I figured I will unload the one that doesn’t deliver. I think I am all in on the GPLB due to its launch characteristics and feel. So now I am optimising the head loft , 10.5 dropped to 9.5 is still high, hence looking at the 9 degree. Which could be adjusted to 8 degrees .. or set at 9 which should be similar. 
The next stage is to look at low spin or low launch golf balls - but this is only if I want to bring the height down a bit further. 
On a side note, I noticed my tempo was a bit off, as I hadn’t been hitting the driver, so I need to just introduce this in to my routine. 

I've found that even if I hit the driver badly if I hit the short irons well then I can limit the damage, so I'm sticking with 9iron with a few 6irons and when I'm happy I'll go back to the driver...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I've found that even if I hit the driver badly if I hit the short irons well then I can limit the damage, so I'm sticking with 9iron with a few 6irons and when I'm happy I'll go back to the driver...

The driver was okay, I think the OP helps tempo, but time away from it the bad habits creep back…. 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

On 3/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, O2BGOLFN said:

Vernon ,  one quick idea you can experiment with before pulling the trigger on the G430 is to take the adjustable head weight off the back of the head to reduce weight and see if it performs better .  I have a G400 and removed the weight to get the GPB A flex to D0 .   

I actually did try that a while back and it just felt way too light.  

I hit about a dozen balls with the weight removed though and they just didn't seem to go anywhere.

They looked fine coming off of the club face but then just fell out of the air like a shot duck.

I don't know if it was a spin deal or what but since I didn't care for the feel of the unweighted clubhead anyways I didn't really pursue it any further.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, azstu324 said:

Had been giving some thought to trying the L flex actually as I would kinda like to try the A flex in a fairway wood anyways.

Not sure about the weight of the G430 head but I think it's basically the same as the G425.

When I was hitting the G430 a couple of weeks ago the guy not only wouldn't let me try the Pro Launch Blue he wouldn't let me hit it with the Ping Soft Regular flex shaft either!  Guy was kind of a tool and clearly didn't know what he was doing in the first place.  Said I would hit the Soft Regular and the Pro Launch "off of the planet."  I tried to explain that I'd actually been playing with the Pro Launch for a couple of months and hitting it fine and he didn't believe me.

He insisted I needed to be in a nine degree G430 with the Ping Tour Chrome shaft in stiff flex although the launch was clearly too low and the carry numbers were consistently under 200 yards.  He kept pointing to the extra rollout I was getting as being a distance benefit.  

Needless to say I won't be going back to him anytime soon.

As for the length it's at 45" which is the same as the Tensei.

Thanks for your input!

3 minutes ago, Vernon said:

I actually did try that a while back and it just felt way too light.  

I hit about a dozen balls with the weight removed though and they just didn't seem to go anywhere.

They looked fine coming off of the club face but then just fell out of the air like a shot duck.

I don't know if it was a spin deal or what but since I didn't care for the feel of the unweighted clubhead anyways I didn't really pursue it any further.

Again, another conundrum with the Ping heads. You remove too much weight and the engineering goes whacky and you lose smash factor results. Lighter heads in the sub 200g range are engineered to deliver max smash/inertia transfer and don't require much manipulation to work with the OP setup. 

Usually when a ball falls out of the air, isn't that a result of not enough spin? 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 3/24/2023 at 4:18 PM, azstu324 said:

I've thought about it for funsies. I still have the original Fuji Motore X F1 6X, but only because I can't get anybody interested to buy it. The 1 thing keeping me from going back.. this setup is just so good and successful for me that I just don't have a much desire to go back. I'll get around to it someday 😜

I have the same thought I am driving the ball really well since I made the switch and I don't really want to mess with it since its going well... 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 3/24/2023 at 4:14 PM, IndyBonzo said:

@Nolan220   I used the same shaft in the same flex.  The only difference was length.  Hope that helps!

Yes it does thanks 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Finally all components arrived. Autoflex SF505 with tour adapter, and 9 degree epic speed head.

Set the 9 degree head at -1 N on the OP and the 10.5 head to -2N on AF.

No tinkering required… flights even though down wind were lower and more boring I think OP was an around 20 ft higher than I preferred so the set up now is or looks bang in the window. 
AF set up the same flight as OP visually.

Distance , well both are good/ better due to the trajectory optimisation.

I have two very playable set ups here I don’t think there is much to choose from either except cost.

The optimisation has seen a distance increase definitely a ball speed improvement due to lower lofts. 

Will try and get objective numbers in the next few weeks … but OP is staying in the bag. 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

I was a bit brief in my post, due time constraints.

Regards feel, AF feels heavier, but across the whole club. When it comes to impact feel both feel okay, as in medium firm. I think OP is less reactive to miss timed strikes. AF shuffles but holds line and direction. By shuffling I mean you get an after burst of vibration feedback. OP does that as well and still holds the line but I think has a higher resilience than AF.

My test yesterday was on the range, hit less than 5 shots with each and then swap back and forth in less than 20 shots. I then played a few holes with OP. Of the 7 holes I played I hit OP 3 times. 
The first I was out the heel, bit of feedback but fairway right side, beyond where I have been averaging ( I don’t go full out on the first, so I play more club but easy off the tee .. unless I have started on the back nine ) . The second I was straight into the wind, and the lower trajectory definitely improved my distance, it was middle of the face but a little open so a little right and I was shut out a bit on the 2nd. I think I was a little concerned on the tee so didn’t really follow through. The final shot, which was down a par 5 and with an assisting wind at 1-2 o’clock, I just relaxed and sent. Nice straight flight, nice height, no line deviation and landing angle looked reasonable.. but little roll due to the perpetual rain . I think it carried 250 + , so when it firms up that could well get me in range for an eagle opportunity or a chip up birdie.

This par 5 has alway been a problem, in that it has always shown the disparity between my driver and fairway woods. I would get 240-250 with the driver , then have 290-320 to go and a 7 wood would either have me just short or over the back.  I didn’t have anything less that was long enough to fly the protective bunkers , so ended up laying up with a 6 or 7 iron to give 120 or less in .  So when you hit mega 7 woods and 5 woods , your left scratching your head as in .. that went 290 why didn’t my driver go further than 250 ?!? Hopefully that conundrum is resolved and I get 280-290 from the driver and then a 4-5 iron will do the rest. 

Time will tell, but I think this is a good start to the season and hopefully not a perennial concern I have had every season about the driver. 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Finally the comparison I've been waiting 6 months for! 😜

Is the OP an identical match to the AF? No.. but is it a viable competitive alternative? Sounds like it. It also sounds like it isn't just a "budget" make believe option but a true #'s for #'s  competitor. 

Funny thing is that if we stripped the paint off, rebranded the PLB as "Super Flex" or something similar to compete with AF or Free Flex, and sold it for $450, it would probably get a spot on some testing channels as a "budget" alternative. $50 is just too offensive in the premium shaft world. 🤣

MAXFLI  Tour CG

To be honest I was a bit disappointed with all these high end channels , but I suppose it’s not good for business.

Simon from SAS golf is very close to me, I even think he fit me into some Callaway XR OS irons at America golf. I was wondering if he would do a video on it, but I am a bit camera shy.. I would get a hammering!

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

2 minutes ago, Ding-dong said:

To be honest I was a bit disappointed with all these high end channels , but I suppose it’s not good for business.

Simon from SAS golf is very close to me, I even think he fit me into some Callaway XR OS irons at America golf. I was wondering if he would do a video on it, but I am a bit camera shy.. I would get a hammering!

I'm still holding my breath that MGS will do a Golf Science episode about the OP. It's probably a pipe dream though 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

To be fair there are more expensive shafts to pursue this, I am lucky, GPL B fits me really well. I wouldn’t touch it in stiff , may be regular but the principle is to shed weight and going down flexes gets you their.

I truly believe that we all can find a light weight shaft with the right bend profile and feel. The trajectory and spin can be optimised via loft and ball .. 

The Callaway heads are directionally the right way to go, as they can be weighted up and down , and come in various spin levels, have several adapter options and can be picked up on the 2nd hand market relatively cheaply ( my 9 degree epic speed - good condition was £130) so I have a monster driver at £200 and an AF driver at £650 + ( which I could offload at £450 minimum) 

Sorry I also like to wheel and deal on my golf stuff, totally pointless but I get a buzz from it. 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

So to summarise find something that’s too stiff and boardy and drop 2 flexes .. should liberate 6 -10 grams 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

On 3/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, Nolan220 said:

I am still using my set up for this and been still driving the ball really well .. my questions has anyone tried to go back to their old set up after having success with this to see the results ? I had a stiff flex driver shaft and always curious if the results would change much 

Okay so just now I did have a chance to go to PGA superstore and try out the rogue LS 💎💎💎, Cobra LTD-X LS, Callaway Paradym, and Cobra Aerojet. All with various S and XF shaft options. Ultimately I'm just looking to see if any of the newer heads on the market have anything better to offer in ball speed then my PXG 0311. 

For starters.. no. Nothing was any better #'s wise. 

And with every shot I thought "nothing feels good" and just missed the feel of the PLB. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Okay so just now I did have a chance to go to PGA superstore and try out the rogue LS 💎💎💎, Cobra LTD-X LS, Callaway Paradym, and Cobra Aerojet. All with various S and XF shaft options. Ultimately I'm just looking to see if any of the newer heads on the market have anything better to offer in ball speed then my PXG 0311. 

For starters.. no. Nothing was any better #'s wise. 

And with every shot I thought "nothing feels good" and just missed the feel of the PLB. 

Did you try a plb shaft in the new heads?

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

Did you try a plb shaft in the new heads?

I didn't, and that is still weighing on me a little. I have it tipped up for the PXG so I'd have to either buy an extra shaft or take mine apart which I'd rather not do. I really wanted one of the Cobras to work based on the reviews and always having had a thing for Cobra gear. TBH, I just haven't loved the shapes of the newer Cobra heads since about the F8. The pointier back side just doesn't suit my eye like the rounded PXG or TM's. If maybe the #'s were that much better I might make exceptions.

One thing I might still consider is taking my dad's Cypher 50g A flex from his RAD and seeing if that gets me any closer to what I'm after in the LTDx.. and then I'd consider the PLB switcheroo. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

44 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I didn't, and that is still weighing on me a little. I have it tipped up for the PXG so I'd have to either buy an extra shaft or take mine apart which I'd rather not do. I really wanted one of the Cobras to work based on the reviews and always having had a thing for Cobra gear. TBH, I just haven't loved the shapes of the newer Cobra heads since about the F8. The pointier back side just doesn't suit my eye like the rounded PXG or TM's. If maybe the #'s were that much better I might make exceptions.

One thing I might still consider is taking my dad's Cypher 50g A flex from his RAD and seeing if that gets me any closer to what I'm after in the LTDx.. and then I'd consider the PLB switcheroo. 

2 things …

Weigh the head of both PXG and Cobras … PXG 0311 works , so it’s the blueprint. I think PXG make good stuff, but we all like a change 🤭. If the cobra head you want is within 2-4 grams , all you have to be concerned about is spin and that’s related to the loft. 
Why not do as you intend with your Dad’s shaft but hit his RAD dialled down in loft .Then you know ball park loft and could get the club off the shelf as it were ( so LTD x 7-10 degrees, cypher 50g A or may be another light shaft option they have ) ? 
Don’t worry too much about off centre strikes, just fiddle with your positioning or look to shorten ( I know longer shafts equate to distance, and modern clubs don’t drop off too much round centre … but centre still is best) .

Would be good to build a catalogue of combinations that could possibly work for everyone and then they can dive in with minimal fiddling…

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Played yesterday in some club charity competition. My tempo was off and my irons were just straight pulls, wasn’t dropping at the top because I was getting a bit quick. Sorted that out.

Driving was very good, Playing partner was complaining about his flight with his Ping 410. He hit a low ball and looked to be using a Tensai orange … I just said to him he would get more height if he did a bit of shaft investigations. Explained to him my set up … he had a look, must of dismissed it as snake oil 🤣🤣

I will keep my mouth shut now, they already think I have escaped from the asylum.

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I’m going to try one of the three shafts in my mizuno type 2 driver, really like it so hope the Bassara shafts fit as I’ve not been able to find the correct adapter well anymore than maybe it’s the correct adapter. Will need to be extra careful removing the adapter, think this shaft will work well for me?

On 3/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, Vernon said:

For what it's worth I have the new Ping 430 H/L driver in 10.5-degree senior flex with 45-gram shaft and at about 5 foot 8 needed a little length took off so went from 45 3/4 to 44 3/4 and that changed it 4 swing weight down [ I also didn't go back with the lite grip, I use MCC + 4s]. I bought an aftermarket weight [18 gram] to experiment with but only used it once and it wasn't a good range session due to my back locking up so couldn't get a full turn, but trajectory looked good.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

On 3/31/2023 at 1:00 PM, azstu324 said:

I'm still holding my breath that MGS will do a Golf Science episode about the OP. It's probably a pipe dream though 

Or... Collect a bunch of data and add it into the True Fit program! Or maybe at least use the GPLB @ 45/A as a "base" case..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, Ding-dong said:

He hit a low ball and looked to be using a Tensai orange … I just said to him he would get more height if he did a bit of shaft investigations. Explained to him my set up … he had a look, must of dismissed it as snake oil

Well his loss really! Some golfers just insist on "playing what the pros play" completely ignoring all the differences between themselves vs the pros, and what might be better for their swing and their game....... 🤷‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

328 to the green and hit it past the pin.. 🤯

20230403_090511.jpg.955e8101c30b302e6b3952f034c5e3a8.jpg

20230403_090913.jpg.32a356459ecc3a283ebb6d91c05aa828.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG