Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

On 5/18/2023 at 12:25 PM, gdashoff said:

So I currently play a 10.5 Maltby driver with a 70-2.8x aldila rogue.

My FIL gave me one of his old drivers with a 50hi A flex Bassara and I thought that would be an interesting to try out since I already have it. 

What loft would you pair it with first? I have a 7.5 gen4 pxg and some older 9.5/10.5 drivers.

I believe most of the experimenters are going with a low lofted driver for less spin to go with the higher launch of the senior flex shaft.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

@LT55any word on the MP5? I was about to pull the trigger but noticed GW bumped the price back up😖

Even at $55 that could still be a killer deal if it's a good option 

I took it to the range and played 9 with it. Not at all what I expected. The A flex feels like it plays between R and S. I wasn’t getting the whip feeling I was looking for. I may try to add a little weight to the head and see if the shaft comes alive. I tried it at D1.5. I think the L flex would be the way to go for most. I swing around 112 to 115 and the shaft could handle it without being out of control. When tempo is good getting high effortless bombs carrying 280-290. When tempo is bad it brought on a 2 way miss which is abnormal for me (my miss is a hook). Playing again tomorrow and will report back. 

LT55

1 hour ago, LT55 said:

I took it to the range and played 9 with it. Not at all what I expected. The A flex feels like it plays between R and S. I wasn’t getting the whip feeling I was looking for. I may try to add a little weight to the head and see if the shaft comes alive. I tried it at D1.5. I think the L flex would be the way to go for most. I swing around 112 to 115 and the shaft could handle it without being out of control. When tempo is good getting high effortless bombs carrying 280-290. When tempo is bad it brought on a 2 way miss which is abnormal for me (my miss is a hook). Playing again tomorrow and will report back. 

Very interesting 🤔 sounds like many of our experiences with the Evenflow Riptide Blue. It felt great and was very smooth and stable.. but just didn't feel like an Ottophlex should.. or what we perceived it to feel like. 

I'm still very interested but maybe the L flex is what I need to look at

1 hour ago, LT55 said:

When tempo is good getting high effortless bombs carrying 280-290

This is what many of us have found and through this process have actually adapted to a more repeatable and sustainable tempo. 

When I'm off in my swing, I find it much easier to reel things back in with this setup. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I built up my ust mp5 today. I will get it to the range on Monday and report back. 

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

I’m gaming the Otto-Phlex first time tomorrow!  Wish me luck!!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Wonder if one of the paradym testers will try an auto flex out? Like HZRDUS silver/red or UST RED HL

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

58 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Wonder if one of the paradym testers will try an auto flex out? Like HZRDUS silver/red or UST RED HL

That would be pretty sweet! 

I've been curious about the PX Cypher that Freddie Meikle showcased in one of the videos. I think that's an option for the Paradym. 

I imagine a 9° 💎💎💎 with a slingshot of a shaft could really do some amazing stuff. 🤔

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I think the mp5 is a good candidate for the heavier heads, and possibly the fairways… so don’t give up on it try it in a 3 wood.

I received my UST shaft for the Ping 3 wood .. but just having an enforced lay off due to holidays and wife’s work 

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

I had good fortune with the GWX 50 R today with a Rogue ST LS head.  It’s all about tempo.  If I get quick it’s a goner but easy with smooth transition and tempo.  Will keep trying it.   

I think the PLB 40 L is too light for me to control on the course.  If anyone wants to try it send me a message and make me an offer.  I have it with a Callaway adapter and playing at 44.5”.  I am happy to send it to someone who can use it. 

•  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Well, today was interesting. It was pretty much a typical range day. Couldn’t miss with my irons during warmup, but the driver was hit or miss. I have comparisons to my old gamer shaft in my Taylormade m5, and to my current Ping G425 lst with a Graphite Design ad-to 6x at 44.75”. Feel with the UST mp5 was good. Didn’t feel wippy at all, and my M5 is currently at a D4.5 swing weight with the UST. However, I hit a lot of big right misses with the UST, which may be due to the swing weight, but also possibly my tempo. I noticed I was getting a bit quicker than normal when I moved to driver from my irons. I started with a length 1” longer than my gamer, because the shaft felt like it could handle the heavier head, sort of like the stiffer autoflex shafts are run at a higher swing weight. However, they recommend a D1-2. I tried taking out one weight in the sole, but the swing weight went too low, C8. I am thinking of cutting down a 1/4 inch, which should put me at a D3 and see how the misses go. I need to go get some lead tape first, and see if I can adjust the swing weight by taking the weight out and adding back in a little that way. I will say, the Otto phlex was more consistent spin and launch than my gamer, and definitely greater distance potential. The numbers from today’s session are below. I will try to make the swing weight changes and give it another test next week.

IMG_1475.jpeg

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

4 hours ago, MuniGolfer said:

Well, today was interesting. It was pretty much a typical range day. Couldn’t miss with my irons during warmup, but the driver was hit or miss. I have comparisons to my old gamer shaft in my Taylormade m5, and to my current Ping G425 lst with a Graphite Design ad-to 6x at 44.75”. Feel with the UST mp5 was good. Didn’t feel wippy at all, and my M5 is currently at a D4.5 swing weight with the UST. However, I hit a lot of big right misses with the UST, which may be due to the swing weight, but also possibly my tempo. I noticed I was getting a bit quicker than normal when I moved to driver from my irons. I started with a length 1” longer than my gamer, because the shaft felt like it could handle the heavier head, sort of like the stiffer autoflex shafts are run at a higher swing weight. However, they recommend a D1-2. I tried taking out one weight in the sole, but the swing weight went too low, C8. I am thinking of cutting down a 1/4 inch, which should put me at a D3 and see how the misses go. I need to go get some lead tape first, and see if I can adjust the swing weight by taking the weight out and adding back in a little that way. I will say, the Otto phlex was more consistent spin and launch than my gamer, and definitely greater distance potential. The numbers from today’s session are below. I will try to make the swing weight changes and give it another test next week.

IMG_1475.jpeg

I’d suggest using the leaderboard swingweight system first before cutting the shaft, reduce the shaft length 1/4 inch with the same total weight and that will tell you if it works? I’d much prefer adding lead tape as I’ve tried cutting didn’t like it so added a shaft extension. And didn’t like that either so it became a 3 wood shaft but wasn’t happy with it so gave it to a golf buddy but good luck 🤞 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

21 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I’d suggest using the leaderboard swingweight system first before cutting the shaft, reduce the shaft length 1/4 inch with the same total weight and that will tell you if it works? I’d much prefer adding lead tape as I’ve tried cutting didn’t like it so added a shaft extension. And didn’t like that either so it became a 3 wood shaft but wasn’t happy with it so gave it to a golf buddy but good luck 🤞 

Yeah, I have been using the hireko one, which is a very similar calculator. I think I will try the lead tape first, but I am also not sure if I want the shaft to be as long as it is, unless I find consistency with it. I have struggled to go over 45.25 in the past. I do want to see if I can get the swing weight down first, though, and maybe put the remaining weight towards the draw setting, if the right miss continues.

On 5/20/2023 at 7:17 PM, azstu324 said:

That would be pretty sweet! 

I've been curious about the PX Cypher that Freddie Meikle showcased in one of the videos. I think that's an option for the Paradym. 

I imagine a 9° 💎💎💎 with a slingshot of a shaft could really do some amazing stuff. 🤔

Haha, now you have your chance. Congrats bud!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 5/21/2023 at 4:03 PM, IndyBonzo said:

If I get quick it’s a goner but easy with smooth transition and tempo.

So true.

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Good results with the GWX 50A with Rogue ST LS at 9°.  Before I started experimenting with loft changes on hole 12 (which taught me not to do that anymore), I hit 6/8 fairways, the two misses were very playable, and I had 4 drives over 270 with a long of 297.  Those are good numbers for me - particularly the consistency.  The club feels very stable and not whippy at all, and the results are just what I was looking for.  This may be the one for me.  I’m pretty pumped about it.  Thanks for all the great advice here. 

I found today the Otto phlex shaft didn't work as well for me today, felt super light compared to the other shafts I used in my Driver practice and the best was a Tensei stiff. Oh well I can try again soon, will reverse the shaft order next time and see what happens lol...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Although I've been really happy with the Pro Launch in "A" flex I ordered an MP to try as well but in Ladies flex.  Glued it up and took it to the range yesterday and couldn't figure out why I could only hit low hooks with the thing.

After about a dozen balls I happened to look down and thought to myself - that ain't where that logo was a couple of minutes ago.

Grabbed the grip end and the head and the whole thing spun in my hands.  Lucky I didn't throw the G430 Max out into the middle of the range I guess.

Obviously not a good bond probably cause I didn't get all of the paint off of the tip.  I'm just so damn paranoid working with these super light thin walled shafts that I'm afraid I'm gonna sand clear through the damn thing.

After a redo last night I'll try again this afternoon.

The MP really is a good looking shaft though.

1 hour ago, Vernon said:

Although I've been really happy with the Pro Launch in "A" flex I ordered an MP to try as well but in Ladies flex.  Glued it up and took it to the range yesterday and couldn't figure out why I could only hit low hooks with the thing.

After about a dozen balls I happened to look down and thought to myself - that ain't where that logo was a couple of minutes ago.

Grabbed the grip end and the head and the whole thing spun in my hands.  Lucky I didn't throw the G430 Max out into the middle of the range I guess.

Obviously not a good bond probably cause I didn't get all of the paint off of the tip.  I'm just so damn paranoid working with these super light thin walled shafts that I'm afraid I'm gonna sand clear through the damn thing.

After a redo last night I'll try again this afternoon.

The MP really is a good looking shaft though.

Were you at least able to get a waggle out of it for comparison? 😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Were you at least able to get a waggle out of it for comparison? 😜

Well I did do that!

I thought it felt quite a bit softer than the Pro Launch A flex during the "waggle test" but felt pretty dang stable actually swinging it.

And even though impact was obviously compromised (a lot) with a loose head I thought the shaft itself had a lot of feel to it.

In a good way.

Kind of a Ventus Blue feel I thought but then I might hit it today with an actual glued on head and think something completely different.

We'll see.

2 hours ago, Vernon said:

Well I did do that!

I thought it felt quite a bit softer than the Pro Launch A flex during the "waggle test" but felt pretty dang stable actually swinging it.

And even though impact was obviously compromised (a lot) with a loose head I thought the shaft itself had a lot of feel to it.

In a good way.

Kind of a Ventus Blue feel I thought but then I might hit it today with an actual glued on head and think something completely different.

We'll see.

I'm considering picking this one up for my Paradym TD test to compare with the shaft from my fitting. 

I mean how good would this look? 

InShot_20230527_142614136.jpg.439dcee3af05ba1c69728e044fcf391e.jpg

And I had this exact same thing happen a few years back when I went to play Poppy Hill in CA. We were on vacation and was just before the round my drives were all over the range. Then I noticed the logo kept rotating more and more. Realized that the head was twisting around and coming lose. 

Ended up having to play from the tips with my 3 wood that day. 🤦

I mean how good would this look? 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

@azstu324 DOPE!

On 5/27/2023 at 1:38 PM, Vernon said:

Well I did do that!

In a good way.

We'll see.

Well I finally got a good bond with the MP in Ladies flex and the adapter tip and I gotta say that I really, really like it in the G430 Max.  I still think the feel is very similar to the Ventus Blue that I played in my G410 Plus and that's a good thing.  

One of the best feeling shafts ever in my opinion.

More importantly however is I hit three of my longest drives of the year yesterday with the MP.  I had a 288 on a flat fairway, a 303 on a slightly downhill hole and a 291 on another pretty flat fairway.  And there was virtually no wind so that wasn't a factor.  I had hit a couple pretty close to those distances earlier with the Pro Launch but they were with a 20- 25 mph tailwind.

Warming up on the range it was pretty evident that I was carrying the ball considerably longer than I had been with the Pro Launch but was really surprised when I actually got out on the golf course.

On a couple of holes that the tee shot lands into an upslope and my average distance is typically in the 225 - 230 range I was 245 and 251.

Most others were pretty consistently in the 260's which ain't bad for a 70 year old has been!

I did have one crazy way right miss on the sixteenth but it was after a couple of beers and I was getting pretty cocky at that point and just really went after one.  Found the ball in the way right rough though and it was 257 and couldn't have gotten more than a couple yards of bounce and roll in the tall grass.

Playing again this afternoon and pretty excited about getting back out there with this thing and again the feel is really, really good.  Not that the Pro Launch feels bad by any means it's just that the loading and unloading and the sensation at impact with the MP is exactly what I like in a driver shaft.

Also kinda like a Blue Board feel as best I can remember.

Really hoping that this wasn't a one shot wonder!

And it was also well worth having my wife laugh at me for playing an L flex driver shaft........

41 minutes ago, Vernon said:

I was getting pretty cocky at that point and just really went after one

This is definitely a consequence of using the OttoPhlex. You can go after it BUT don't step out of tempo or you'll be humbled quickly. 

Was playing with my friend yesterday and was lacing the fairway with plenty of distance the whole round. Things got backed up around the 12th so the guy behind us caught up and joined us. I decided that I wanted to flex in front of our new friend.. HUGE slice to the hemisphere and deep into the neighborhood😳🤦. The next hole I just put my ego in the cooler.. nice, easy swing. Out drove both of them by 40 yds. Moral of the story.. just keep it smooth and consistent and the easy distance will be there. Let the shaft do all the flexing.. 😁

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

This is definitely a consequence of using the OttoPhlex. You can go after it BUT don't step out of tempo or you'll be humbled quickly. 

Was playing with my friend yesterday and was lacing the fairway with plenty of distance the whole round. Things got backed up around the 12th so the guy behind us caught up and joined us. I decided that I wanted to flex in front of our new friend.. HUGE slice to the hemisphere and deep into the neighborhood😳🤦. The next hole I just put my ego in the cooler.. nice, easy swing. Out drove both of them by 40 yds. Moral of the story.. just keep it smooth and consistent and the easy distance will be there. Let the shaft do all the flexing.. 😁

Yep.  Totally agree!

Although getting stupid with heavier and stiffer shafts lots of times didn't turn out so great either......

I think the difference for me anyways is that with a heavier and stiffer shaft if I was swinging in good rhythm and tempo I could swing harder and still get a good result but those days were becoming less and less frequent as I got older.

Out of rhythm and bad tempo with a stiffer heavier shaft and swinging hard was becoming pretty no bueno.

If the OttoPhlex can only train me to smooth things out a little more consistently I might just be able to ride off into the sunset with a bit more dignity!

23 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Moral of the story.. just keep it smooth and consistent and the easy distance will be there. Let the shaft do all the flexing.. 😁

That is 100% the key!

Speaking of which...

I'm temporarily shelving my participation in the Otto Phlex Experiment - BUT PLEASE NOTE THIS NOT A KNOCK ON THE IDEA ITSELF - but instead simply an acknowledgement that I do not have a "smooth and consistent" driver swing... (..yet???)

Please also note that I absolutely positively 100% credit working with a lighter and flexier shaft in helping me get over my driver yips and to finally start hitting the thing!!!

But as a result of both a demo of a new driver head where I got to try three different shafts, followed by a fitting where again I got to try three different shafts .. this confirmed my suspicion that where I'm currently at with my swing I'm better off with a more stable shaft and a bit heavier head (higher swing weight).

While I did catch a nice one every once in a while with an O-P shaft that carried further than I'm accustomed to seeing, it became increasingly clear that to help control my misses and downrange dispersion I currently need the more, call it, traditional setup.

Good luck to the rest of the experimenters .. and do hope more people find this thread and jump in .. and once again a big THX!! to @azstu324 for starting and promoting this idea! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 5/29/2023 at 11:46 AM, Vernon said:

Well I finally got a good bond with the MP in Ladies flex and the adapter tip and I gotta say that I really, really like it in the G430 Max.  I still think the feel is very similar to the Ventus Blue that I played in my G410 Plus and that's a good thing.  

One of the best feeling shafts ever in my opinion.

More importantly however is I hit three of my longest drives of the year yesterday with the MP.  I had a 288 on a flat fairway, a 303 on a slightly downhill hole and a 291 on another pretty flat fairway.  And there was virtually no wind so that wasn't a factor.  I had hit a couple pretty close to those distances earlier with the Pro Launch but they were with a 20- 25 mph tailwind.

Warming up on the range it was pretty evident that I was carrying the ball considerably longer than I had been with the Pro Launch but was really surprised when I actually got out on the golf course.

On a couple of holes that the tee shot lands into an upslope and my average distance is typically in the 225 - 230 range I was 245 and 251.

Most others were pretty consistently in the 260's which ain't bad for a 70 year old has been!

I did have one crazy way right miss on the sixteenth but it was after a couple of beers and I was getting pretty cocky at that point and just really went after one.  Found the ball in the way right rough though and it was 257 and couldn't have gotten more than a couple yards of bounce and roll in the tall grass.

Playing again this afternoon and pretty excited about getting back out there with this thing and again the feel is really, really good.  Not that the Pro Launch feels bad by any means it's just that the loading and unloading and the sensation at impact with the MP is exactly what I like in a driver shaft.

Also kinda like a Blue Board feel as best I can remember.

Really hoping that this wasn't a one shot wonder!

And it was also well worth having my wife laugh at me for playing an L flex driver shaft........

I went to the lighter/softer Alta CB when I got my G430 because of this thread. Like it, but wish for something more stable when I get quick. How does the MP compare?

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

41 minutes ago, Rchang said:

I went to the lighter/softer Alta CB when I got my G430 because of this thread. Like it, but wish for something more stable when I get quick. How does the MP compare?

FWIW I recommend the GWX 50 in A flex.   I intend to try the MP soon and have it ordered.  

4 hours ago, Rchang said:

I had an Alta stiff in my g425 lst before I moved over the graphite design from my taylormade m5. When I compared the Alta to the mp5 in my Taylormade before the swap, the mp5 felt more stable even though it’s an a-flex. I think once I fix the swing weight for the mp, it’s going to be a bomber. The Alta was  longer than the gd in x-flex but inconsistent. I feel like the mp will be more consistent and is already looking longer than anything I have currently.

I am about to get myself into a Mitsubishi Vanquish shaft here soon and I was wondering what direction I should go. I have had good success with the GPLB in A flex so I am tempted to just stay on the A flex route with the Vanquish (Mitsubishi calls it "R2") in a similar weight but there is a slight tug at me to try it slightly stiffer, like an S/R or an R. Not sure if I am just getting sucked back into thinking I need a slightly stiffer shaft via marketing and such. Anyway, these are the vanquish options:

image.png.de041ab6a10e25d46dcb8a07894b7e1f.png

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832