TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

2 hours ago, LICC said:

Pumpkin Ridge.

Liv is paying a shed load of cash to use this course so would seem silly to try backing out, cutting your nose off to spite their collective faces lol....

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

They just announced who is going to be playing in the first event.

Notable names: DJ, Talor Gooch, Kevin Na, Louis, Poulter, Garcia and Westwood. See players list below.

image.png.bd848bb4005fbcbb8f82df65ca30efd7.png

I really like Talor Gooch and it sucks to see him leave the PGA tour. Also, not a good look for DJ based off these comments...

image.png.1fe3d74b5109961e090c46a68cc92917.png

Your move PGA tour.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Major dominos Gonna happen. Gooch is an interesting one young and successful in the PGA. DJ is going to create a wave I think

money is on Fowler going soon

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Had a feeling Kevin Na was going .. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Gotta say, not surprised at all about a few of these.  Honestly, DJ going isn't surprising either, the guy hasn't really cared about anything ever, so this move is very on-brand. Disappointed by Gooch for sure. I guess people will really do just about anything to set themselves and their family up for life.  Which to a certain extent I get but seems like a justification. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

The more interesting part to me with DJ is his RBC sponsorship. I would think given he is missing one of their 2 premier events they will drop him. Mcdowell is another RBC guy who will be there. 

The fact this is all right before the US Open will surely create a stir as well. 

Would love to hear Brooks' comments on his brother going to play too.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

They just announced who is going to be playing in the first event.

Notable names: DJ, Talor Gooch, Kevin Na, Louis, Poulter, Garcia and Westwood. See players list below.

image.png.bd848bb4005fbcbb8f82df65ca30efd7.png

I really like Talor Gooch and it sucks to see him leave the PGA tour. Also, not a good look for DJ based off these comments...

image.png.1fe3d74b5109961e090c46a68cc92917.png

Your move PGA tour.

Disappointed DJ chose to play, but he has been selling out to the Saudis for years so not surprised. Good riddance. 

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

There are a few names I find strange.  Unless the DP World Tour doesn’t care.  I pegged Poults, Sergio, and Westy as Ryder Cup Captains at some point…. Wonder if that will hurt those chances.

I haven’t seen anything from DP tour banning players if they played in LIV events. Also the DP tour has lots of ties to Saudi Arabia so they probably don’t care as much.

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Major dominos Gonna happen. Gooch is an interesting one young and successful in the PGA. DJ is going to create a wave I think

Gooch is an interesting name and has been ok on the pga tour. The money is better for him on the LIV tour. 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The more interesting part to me with DJ is his RBC sponsorship. I would think given he is missing one of their 2 premier events they will drop him. Mcdowell is another RBC guy who will be there. 

The fact this is all right before the US Open will surely create a stir as well. 

Would love to hear Brooks' comments on his brother going to play too.

RBC dropped DJ. Chase has had no real success playing pro golf, him going somewhere for the money makes financial sense and I can’t imagine brooks cares that his brother is chasing his dream on another tour.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

@RickyBobby_PR was it confirmed they dropped him? At least to me the wording didn't say it specifically that they were. Or maybe I was just reading the wording a little improperly. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Not surprised by any names on the list. If this was 3-4 months ago and DJs name appeared I would be shocked. But I trust his thoughts and opinions about as far as I can throw him. He’s in his own world and only cares about DJ.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

All I see here is DJ just made it OK for others to go. 

Pat Perez said it best. You’re the host of something like Pebble Pro Am.  No shot the Tour says DJ can’t play.  Sponsors would sprint away from the event  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

@RickyBobby_PR was it confirmed they dropped him? At least to me the wording didn't say it specifically that they were. Or maybe I was just reading the wording a little improperly. 

the way I read it is that they are dropping him. When I read we wish him well that signals the end. Similar to other sports or entertain went the company/brand say we wish him/her well in future endeavors.

Will I watch? I just watched 3 nights of 17 & 18 year olds I've never heard of on golf channel, so yeah I'll watch. Does that mean I'm okay with the atrocities committed by the regime over there? NO! The constant all or nothing stances that social media has created is beyond tiring. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 minutes ago, bens197 said:

All I see here is DJ just made it OK for others to go. 

Pat Perez said it best. You’re the host of something like Pebble Pro Am.  No shot the Tour says DJ can’t play.  Sponsors would sprint away from the event  

That’s how I’m looking at it to, pga’s bluff has been called

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

the way I read it is that they are dropping him. When I read we wish him well that signals the end. Similar to other sports or entertain went the company/brand say we wish him/her well in future endeavors.

That is true. My first take on it was a little different thinking dissapointed was too light. If I was dropping someone I believe I would have said unacceptable. Will be good to get some more clarity on it, but I do believe it could go both ways. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Maybe D.J. And the “LIV Boys” are sick of playing the same 48-50 courses all year. Every year.

From what I gather the courses these events being hosted at are less then impressive. However thats more from my listening to the NLU crew. 

For me personally although the course of course matters, given coverage and how it is shown it matters a lot less. I'm sure if I was there live it would matter more, but coverage never seems to do courses justice so maybe this could play well for LIV?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

From what I gather the courses these events being hosted at are less then impressive. However thats more from my listening to the NLU crew. 

For me personally although the course of course matters, given coverage and how it is shown it matters a lot less. I'm sure if I was there live it would matter more, but coverage never seems to do courses justice so maybe this could play well for LIV?

Not trying to be a jerk.  But I could care less what NLU has to say.  😐

I will agree coverage would help. 

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That is true. My first take on it was a little different thinking dissapointed was too light. If I was dropping someone I believe I would have said unacceptable. Will be good to get some more clarity on it, but I do agree it could go both ways. 

Agree. More clarification is probably needed. Also of note is that DJ has played in other Saudi events without the RBC logo anywhere on him. So they are probably against any support for Saudi hosted events from any tour and him breaking from the pga tour event could be the end

Just now, Shankster said:

Haha not being a jerk at all. I enjoy them and their content whether it be podcasts or videos. They have seen/played enough courses they should have a good feel for them so I tend to trust their judgement. It is kinda what they made their block on. 

That being said I'm more then open to other opinions if anyone has played them or knows more about them!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Haha not being a jerk at all. I enjoy them and their content whether it be podcasts or videos. They have seen/played enough courses they should have a good feel for them so I tend to trust their judgement. It is kinda what they made their block on. 

That being said I'm more then open to other opinions if anyone has played them or knows more about them!

It is probably my jealousy at the fact they got to play courses us mortals can’t touch. Yet they are mortals too.

Kind of forgot that DJ is already 37, so this makes a lot more sense than I initially thought. He's probably a little young, but getting into that age group that can compete, but won't win very often on the PGA. Like the 4 or 5 big name Euro guys that jumped he's just looking for big paydays before the end. Talor Gooch is a bit of a surprise given the strides he's made, he's young, and a top 50 player. The amateur guys are also a little surprising, but maybe they aren't thinking about a career as a pro. Maybe they just want to play for a few years, make a few million, and go do something else. And a guy like Chase Kopeka isn't surprising either. Why bounce between PGA & Korn Ferry when, even if you're the worst guy in the field, you're getting a guaranteed paycheck.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I laughed out loud at this because I feel the exact same…

Also, looks like RBC cut ties with DJ…

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I laughed out loud at this because I feel the exact same…

Also, looks like RBC cut ties with DJ…

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

46 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It is probably my jealousy at the fact they got to play courses us mortals can’t touch. Yet they are mortals too.

I was gonna say I wish I could get sick of 50 courses lol, mere mortals we are 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

Will I watch? I just watched 3 nights of 17 & 18 year olds I've never heard of on golf channel, so yeah I'll watch. Does that mean I'm okay with the atrocities committed by the regime over there? NO! The constant all or nothing stances that social media has created is beyond tiring. 

Are we even going to be able to watch? I havent seen anything on tv rights or production/broadcast. Im guessing its going to be on youtube? If so, I hope they keep the comments going live. 

Also, remember this is going to be a team event where teams are drafted and different every week. 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I hear you, but I do tend to agree with them that courses like Southern Hills, Brookline, etc. are much more interesting to watch and more full of drama than TPC Craig Ranch. And looking at the list of courses, it looks like LIV is going to be full of Craig Ranch type courses. If you disagree, can you remember the par 3s at Craig Ranch or par 3s at Whistling Straits...

Pro golf needs an updated product, I just dont think this is the product that the viewers are asking for

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Do we expect PGA to issue suspensions?

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

18 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Do we expect PGA to issue suspensions?

Yeah I think so, but know that they don't have to and probably won't make these suspensions public. It will have to come from the players. This is going to end up in court. Allegedly Monahan was in DC a few weeks ago, probably lobbying for some support for updates to anti trust.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx