TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

5 minutes ago, TBS said:

Fair point here - to keep this thread positive, what would you like to see in LIV golf? Remove the Saudi aspect, how could a rival tour make pro golf a better product for the viewers?

Mic'd caddies or players. Team dynamic like a Ryder Cup/College golf is interesting as something different. On course interviews. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

12 minutes ago, bens197 said:

You may be right. Time will certainly tell. 

I think it already has. DJ not being in the masters due to injury was a blip on the radar, his return the next year and there was a mere mention of him missing the year before because of injury, the attendance and viewership didn’t drop as a result of his absence.

If he withdraws from a tournament or doesn’t play in one for whatever reason ticket sales aren’t affected. He isn’t drawing the fans to the course.

Now granted nobody has had the affect on attendance like Tiger woods has but DJ isn’t seeking out the house. Then again most of the bigger names aren’t unless it’s Phil or Tiger. Rahm, Rory, DJ, Koepka all big names with some influence but their absence amongst a top 20-35 field of players doesn’t change much at an event 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I think it already has. DJ not being in the masters due to injury was a blip on the radar, his return the next year and there was a mere mention of him missing the year before because of injury, the attendance and viewership didn’t drop as a result of his absence.

If he withdraws from a tournament or doesn’t play in one for whatever reason ticket sales aren’t affected. He isn’t drawing the fans to the course.

Now granted nobody has had the affect on attendance like Tiger woods has but DJ isn’t seeking out the house. Then again most of the bigger names aren’t unless it’s Phil or Tiger. Rahm, Rory, DJ, Koepka all big names with some influence but their absence amongst a top 20-35 field of players doesn’t change much at an event 

I dont think the Masters is a fair comparison. Regardless of who plays and who doesn't, the attendance and viewership wont be impacted. 

He must move the needle in some way because I would venture to bet any tournament he has played in the last 2 years, he has been in either the Thurs/Fri Marquee group or a Featured Group. He also moves the needle for merchandise sales and sponsorships as he is a marquee TaylorMade athlete. Tiger is the needle, but otherwise, DJ is one of the few such as Spieth that is going to draw more eyes than not. 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

Just now, ZJBogey2 said:

I dont think the Masters is a fair comparison. Regardless of who plays and who doesn't, the attendance and viewership wont be impacted. 

He must move the needle in some way because I would venture to bet any tournament he has played in the last 2 years, he has been in either the Thurs/Fri Marquee group or a Featured Group. He also moves the needle for merchandise sales and sponsorships as he is a marquee TaylorMade athlete. Tiger is the needle, but otherwise, DJ is one of the few such as Spieth that is going to draw more eyes than not. 

I think this is also evident by the PGA's PIP results...DJ was 7th. 

32 minutes ago, TBS said:

Fair point here - to keep this thread positive, what would you like to see in LIV golf? Remove the Saudi aspect, how could a rival tour make pro golf a better product for the viewers?

Whether another tour or the PGA Tour, the only other format that I would like to see would be a mixed team match play with the LPGA involved. Let's see Lydia Ko and Jordan Spieth against Lexi Thompson and Bryson, Nelly Korda and Justin Thomas against Jessica Korda and Jon Rahm. That would be fun. 

Everything else just seems gimmicky just for a change. There already is a match play event every year and does it really make it more compelling? And TV networks don't like the risks involved with straight match play events. 

The issue with setting up groups in teams is there is no real connection. It is different for the Ryder Cup and Solheim and others where players are there for their country, or the college events where players are obviously connected by the college team. Just a random team grouping isn't as interesting.

31 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

PGA doesn't want the competition and to adapt...the conflicting events of the Canadian Open, John Deer, and Rocket Mortgage are not flagship events. This could have been an opportunity for the Tour to experiment with different formats while top players got a significantly higher payday at the LIV events. The other LIV events conflict with the wrap-around season events that most top names don't play in anyways. This could be a win win for golf if we got to see the top players play more often. 

That could be that they are up against lesser events. Altho any national open i think is important. 

However if they play These LIV events would that mean they don't play the week before or after? Especially if it is not in the US, the travel my mean they back out of other events.

It has a potential to effect other events not just the ones they are opposite of.

I will say John Deere is a dud so we can all pass on that one.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That could be that they are up against lesser events. Altho any national open i think is important. 

However if they play These LIV events would that mean they don't play the week before or after? Especially if it is not in the US, the travel my mean they back out of other events.

It has a potential to effect other events not just the ones they are opposite of.

I will say John Deere is a dud so we can all pass on that one.

Very true! I would have scheduled it different if I was LIV...

• swapped the Boston event with London since US Open is shortly after. 
  • London in place of Portland before the Scottish and Open

Given the format, they may be more inclined to play multiple weeks in a row if shorter events. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Just now, LICC said:

How much of that was Paulina? ...

Does it matter? The point is they're driving eyeballs. Outside of the Brooks/Bryson feud, would either of them ended up in the top 10 otherwise, maybe? 

1 minute ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Very true! I would have scheduled it different if I was LIV...

• swapped the Boston event with London since US Open is shortly after. 
  • London in place of Portland before the Scottish and Open

Given the format, they may be more inclined to play multiple weeks in a row if shorter events. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

The PGA Tour has never given an approval for a competing event in the US, but they have sometimes for non-US events. I'm guessing LIV wanted the first one in London because of that.

this tweet in response to a tweet about lexi thompson playing in here 16th US open at the age of 27 rubs me the wrong way. I don't think ill be watching their league anytime soon if they want to spread politics and propoganda.

https://twitter.com/LIVgolflnv/status/1532027710515593217?s=20&t=abk81dsgfMQzUmW24fty6Q

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 minute ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Does it matter? The point is they're driving eyeballs. Outside of the Brooks/Bryson feud, would either of them ended up in the top 10 otherwise, maybe? 

I was half joking. But it would be interesting to see if her posts that have nothing to do with golf contribute to his PIP rating.

18 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

You don’t think that there’s a dip when Tiger isn’t invoked or is? Also compare the coverage of DJ when he’s not in a tournament compared to tiger or Phil and when they return.

DJ is boring, he rubs most people the wrong way. He is a big name like many others but the needle they move isn’t that big. DJ didn’t have a clothing line specific to him from adidas or a shoe from them. There’s no signature DJ putter or club. No DJ logo. 

I’ve been to pga events where dj has been there and was out on the range hitting balls and the number of people watching him hit balls wasn’t that big. 

DJ not being in any event has little to no impact on ticket sales. Again if you out DJ in a group with 2 no name tour players his following wouldn’t be that big and the fans would still follow other groups over DJ.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

15 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You don’t think that there’s a dip when Tiger isn’t invoked or is? Also compare the coverage of DJ when he’s not in a tournament compared to tiger or Phil and when they return.

DJ is boring, he rubs most people the wrong way. He is a big name like many others but the needle they move isn’t that big. DJ didn’t have a clothing line specific to him from adidas or a shoe from them. There’s no signature DJ putter or club. No DJ logo. 

I’ve been to pga events where dj has been there and was out on the range hitting balls and the number of people watching him hit balls wasn’t that big. 

DJ not being in any event has little to no impact on ticket sales. Again if you out DJ in a group with 2 no name tour players his following wouldn’t be that big and the fans would still follow other groups over DJ.

I'm not sure of the point here...comparing anyone to Tiger isnt a fair comparison as Tiger IS the needle. Ok, replace DJ with anyone's else name not named Tiger and it would be the same answer (outside of MAYBE Spieth and that isn't even close?). There is also no Rahm, JT, or Rory logo/line. Well, DJ does have his own limited putter (https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/DJ-Limited-Putter/M7044127.html?lang=en_CA)...I imagine others have had something similar along the way. 

I think your statement is the same regardless of the top name you put in there in place of DJ...Rahm with 2 no name players isnt going to grab as big of a crowd as a marquee group with 3 big names...but he is still going to draw more eyes than not and be a bigger draw then 95+% of other tour players. I'm more likely to watch an event with DJ than not DJ. And if I get to watch Rory at the Candian and DJ at LIV the same weekend, awesome as a viewer! 

5 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I'm not sure of the point here...comparing anyone to Tiger isnt a fair comparison as Tiger IS the needle. Ok, replace DJ with anyone's else name not named Tiger and it would be the same answer (outside of MAYBE Spieth and that isn't even close?). There is also no Rahm, JT, or Rory logo/line. Well, DJ does have his own limited putter (https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/DJ-Limited-Putter/M7044127.html?lang=en_CA)...I imagine others have had something similar along the way. 

I think your statement is the same regardless of the top name you put in there in place of DJ...Rahm with 2 no name players isnt going to grab as big of a crowd as a marquee group with 3 big names...but he is still going to draw more eyes than not and be a bigger draw then 95+% of other tour players. I'm more likely to watch an event with DJ than not DJ. And if I get to watch Rory at the Candian and DJ at LIV the same weekend, awesome as a viewer! 

I think Bryson had a curiosity factor for a while that was a draw unto himself. Excepting Tiger, I think an individual player can be a singular draw only during a hot streak. Brooks for a while, Spieth for a while. I think Rory sometimes affects ratings even if he isn't on a heater. But otherwise no one else will be a singular ratings mover when they aren't playing on an extended hot streak.

Edited by LICC

6 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I'm more likely to watch an event with DJ than not DJ. And if I get to watch Rory at the Candian and DJ at LIV the same weekend, awesome as a viewer! 

Interesting in that DJ makes almost no difference to me in whether I would watch or not. The players that catch my attention to watch are Rory, Justin Thomas, sometimes Spieth and Morikawa, obviously Tiger, Phil, sometimes Brooks. Rahm is another one that just doesn't excite me to watch. 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I'd be interested to hear the arguments from the players.  They've made a contract with the PGA Tour, they've broken that contract, but they don't want to face the discipline for breaking the contract that's spelled out in the contract they've made.  Yes, they are independent to an extent, they're also contractors in that they've agreed to a contract.  Both are important, in my mind.

This is only a guess, but I'd bet that the discipline for a single offense is relatively small, perhaps a short suspension.  I don't think the PGA Tour is likely to go beyond what the contract with the players specifically allows for.

I don't disagree with you that they've all signed up for the tour and know (or should know) what that entails.  That said, if they get "banned" or "suspended", I don't expect them to keep silent about that fact, and I also expect there will be some legal action.  Whether it's successful or not is another question.  As I mentioned, the attorneys will get rich for certain.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

This is a pretty sour thread to read.  I’m out.  

I'm just here today for the DJ hate; I knew there'd be PLENTY of it. 🙄

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

1 minute ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I don't disagree with you that they've all signed up for the tour and know (or should know) what that entails.  That said, if they get "banned" or "suspended", I don't expect them to keep silent about that fact, and I also expect there will be some legal action.  Whether it's successful or not is another question.  As I mentioned, the attorneys will get rich for certain.

You and I may not ever know what the players have agreed to, unless it comes out during a lawsuit.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if a short suspension might be in the agreement, with increasing terms of suspension for repeated violations.  A "lifetime" ban seems unlikely to be included in those documents, although a player COULD be penalized by losing all "rights" that he's earned through past participation or success on the tour.  They COULD have to go back to the Korn Ferry Tour to qualify for the top tour.  Or get through Monday qualifying, or depend on sponsor invitations.  Let's be clear, this is pure speculation on my part, but that type of escalating "punishment" seems reasonably likely to me.

As you say, and I agree completely, someone will try to sue.  It happens regularly, people or companies filing a lawsuit to get out of contracts that they signed willingly yesterday, yet find inconvenient today.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

55 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

this tweet in response to a tweet about lexi thompson playing in here 16th US open at the age of 27 rubs me the wrong way. I don't think ill be watching their league anytime soon if they want to spread politics and propoganda.

https://twitter.com/LIVgolflnv/status/1532027710515593217?s=20&t=abk81dsgfMQzUmW24fty6Q

That's a "parody" account not associated with LIV Golf.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

You and I may not ever know what the players have agreed to, unless it comes out during a lawsuit.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if a short suspension might be in the agreement, with increasing terms of suspension for repeated violations.  A "lifetime" ban seems unlikely to be included in those documents, although a player COULD be penalized by losing all "rights" that he's earned through past participation or success on the tour.  They COULD have to go back to the Korn Ferry Tour to qualify for the top tour.  Or get through Monday qualifying, or depend on sponsor invitations.  Let's be clear, this is pure speculation on my part, but that type of escalating "punishment" seems reasonably likely to me.

As you say, and I agree completely, someone will try to sue.  It happens regularly, people or companies filing a lawsuit to get out of contracts that they signed willingly yesterday, yet find inconvenient today.

Some of these players have supposed "lifetime" exemptions into The Masters, PGA, or have amassed enough money or status to play any event they might ever wish to play.  If they're no longer members of the PGA Tour, do those Tour associated benefits go away?  Pat Perez mentioned in the SubPar podcast also that they might forfeit their retirement contributions from the Tour, health care, etc.  It's going to be an interesting Summer...

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My guess is the players would argue that the PGA Tour has been the only available forum to play high level professional golf in the U.S., that a player can't reasonably negotiate his contract with them because they are effectively a monopoly, and that a long-term ban or suspension for trying to play an occasional tournament outside the PGA Tour is an unreasonable restraint that should not be enforced.

Edited by LICC

17 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

That's a "parody" account not associated with LIV Golf.

opps, thanks for the correction 🙂

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Somewhat surprised that Patrick Reed isn't playing in London.

Its not like he's loosing too many fans from any move and he is relatively unsponsored given he is a recent Masters Champion, etc.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

22 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Some of these players have supposed "lifetime" exemptions into The Masters, PGA, or have amassed enough money or status to play any event they might ever wish to play.  If they're no longer members of the PGA Tour, do those Tour associated benefits go away?  Pat Perez mentioned in the SubPar podcast also that they might forfeit their retirement contributions from the Tour, health care, etc.  It's going to be an interesting Summer...

The Masters, the US Open, the (British) Open, the PGA Championship, none of them are run by the PGA Tour, so I'm not sure that any PGA Tour actions would be binding any of the Majors.  As to PGA Tour retirement and health benefits, I just don't know.

22 minutes ago, LICC said:

My guess is the players would argue that the PGA Tour has been the only available forum to play high level professional golf in the U.S., that a player can't reasonably negotiate his contract with them because they are effectively a monopoly, and that a long-term ban or suspension for trying to play an occasional tournament outside the PGA Tour is an unreasonable restraint that should not be enforced.

That's the reasoning I've read too.  I also read where Paul Goydos says he signs a 1-year agreement with the PGA Tour every year.   Only a guess, but the logical time to begin that yearly agreement is after the Tour Championship and before the start of then 2021-2022 season.  The players knew about the LIV Tour at that time, they DID have an option to make their golfing living outside the PGA Tour.  Yet they chose to remain in the PGA Tour ranks.  I'm no attorney, the courts will eventually decide, but that timing makes the claims of a "monopoly" a little less valid in my mind.

Edited by DaveP043

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The Masters, the US Open, the (British) Open, the PGA Championship, none of them are run by the PGA of America, so I'm not sure that any PGA Tour actions would be binding any of the Majors.

I have read that the PGA Championship eligibility could be affected, because PGA Tour players are automatically members of the PGA. If a player is no longer a member of the PGA Tour, they could lose their PGA membership too, and thus not be eligible for the PGA Championship, absent a different exemption to play.

13 minutes ago, LICC said:

I have read that the PGA Championship eligibility could be affected, because PGA Tour players are automatically members of the PGA. If a player is no longer a member of the PGA Tour, they could lose their PGA membership too, and thus not be eligible for the PGA Championship, absent a different exemption to play.

Where there could be issues impacting majors will be if LIV does not count towards OWGR points. That would essentially eliminate their members from all majors, except the lifetime people. I wouldn't put it past the R&A, USGA, PGA of Am, and Augusta National to twist the arm of the OWGR to do something like that. OWGR needs these 4 orgs to stay relevant.

My biggest takeaway is for people like Gooch and the college guys and really young talent like Andy Ogletree. Rather than betting on themselves to make a name for themselves on the PGA tour, they are taking guaranteed money that might impact their ability to play on the PGA tour and any future majors for the rest of their career.  

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Hilarious. 42 players, about 90% no one cares about except their Moms.

• Like others I am surprised DJ signed up, but he's not a kid anymore. I wonder if sponsors will dump him, but I assume his peeps asked all that before signing.
  • Oosthuizen, Poulter, Westwood and Garcia are (well) past their prime.
  • Kevin "win at all costs" Na meant "if I can win by playing against a bunch of no names and get big $, I'm in, hypocrit.
  • And the rest of them aren't contenders on the PGA any more, some never were.
  • Oh, and where's Phil - he might as well play LIV now, or maybe they don't want him either. Ouch...

In fact, I really wonder how sponsors will treat all the LIV players? I won't be interested in anything they promote. Maybe Cadence will become a prominent LIV sponsor. https://www.cadenceinc.com/products/bone-saws-shaver-blades

82b14680_image.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Although not a fan of the league I'll probably tune in out of curiosity for at least a few minutes. 

M my fantasy team isn't really effected at all thankfully and that's a major reason why i watch anything that isn't a major. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

28 minutes ago, TBS said:

Where there could be issues impacting majors will be if LIV does not count towards OWGR points. That would essentially eliminate their members from all majors, except the lifetime people. I wouldn't put it past the R&A, USGA, PGA of Am, and Augusta National to twist the arm of the OWGR to do something like that. OWGR needs these 4 orgs to stay relevant.

My biggest takeaway is for people like Gooch and the college guys and really young talent like Andy Ogletree. Rather than betting on themselves to make a name for themselves on the PGA tour, they are taking guaranteed money that might impact their ability to play on the PGA tour and any future majors for the rest of their career.  

If they play LIV for a year, maybe two, then say they want to play the PGA Tour and agree to no longer play LIV events, I doubt the PGA Tour would turn them away if they show potential to be top talents.