TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

Regardless of anyones side on this tour and how it impacts the future of golf both PGA and otherwise there is no doubt it has done a great job of stiring the pot to get lots of people talking about the game. 

I don't agree with its whole grow the game, but the overall publicity that has gone along with it has certainly been a boost for the golfing world in discussion and chatter. 

Just look at this thread alone as it has 20 plus pages in really not that long and as a follower of this thread I'm getting a ton of notifications on it at all times. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, TBS said:

Following up on the majors conversation. US Open and Open Championship have pretty clear entry guidelines and I don't see that changing.

PGA Championship - meh, we'll see what happens but I also think that these players would be okay not playing in this major

Masters - Could have the biggest impact BUT look who is with LIV - Sergio, Charl, DJ, P Reed, Phil, (possibly Bubba) all winners. 7 winners out of the last 13 years... A ban there could actually hurt that tournament. 

LIV is in the drivers seat unless Monahan has a few tricks up his sleeve.

If all the majors just keep their existing requirements and the LIV events give none to few ranking points, pretty soon we would see fewer LIV players in at least three of the four majors. 

16 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

If i had Photoshop skills i would put a pinochio nose on GN and have his pants on fire in this pic! 😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

They really played into Shipnuck's hand by kicking him out. He's there to make LIV look bad and build his personal brand, and he's finding success at both.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

13 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

They really played into Shipnuck's hand by kicking him out. He's there to make LIV look bad and build his personal brand, and he's finding success at both.

Or covering the event as a credentialed journalist.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

37 minutes ago, LICC said:

If all the majors just keep their existing requirements and the LIV events give none to few ranking points, pretty soon we would see fewer LIV players in at least three of the four majors. 

True. The other side of this is if LIV keeps getting players, there will be less players in the Masters and PGA Championship. The Opens will most likely stick to their current qualification rules which would allow most players the opportunity for entry.

2 minutes ago, TBS said:

Or covering the event as a credentialed journalist.

He didn't get media credentials for the event.

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

6 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

He didn't get media credentials for the event.

He actually did. See below tweet.

unnamed.jpg.49781b8e1e84d8a49727df836f111c42.jpg

1 minute ago, TBS said:

He actually did. See below tweet.

unnamed.jpg.49781b8e1e84d8a49727df836f111c42.jpg

I will admit that I'm soured on Shipnuck after his hypocrisy about covid in 2020 and some of the resulting back-and-forth with both fans and tour pros on Twitter, so there is some bias in my takes.

livgolf.com appears to be down...

image.png.574323a5ca5c965c949a69f008d0b751.png

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

14 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I just went to the site with no issues 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I just went to the site with no issues 

Weird. The rest of my Internet is working great (streaming RBC, can stream LIV Youtube feed, etc.)

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

1 hour ago, Hobert said:

image.png.cb75879f5fb0343ed7e11f9d43ca3d40.png

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don't agree with its whole grow the game, but the overall publicity that has gone along with it has certainly been a boost for the golfing world in discussion and chatter.

This is one that I have a little different opinion on. I think from just the US perspective, the idea of growing the game is laughable. But if you are talking globally... that is a different conversation. This is a league that is viewable on YouTube, the most watched content provider on the planet. That reaches a lot more eyeballs then the PGA Tour and its current broadcast rights. While the LPGA tour does a pretty substantial world tour, the PGA tour doesn't stray from the continent that often. If LIV continues to travel to global locations and provide ways for people to watch for free anywhere on the planet... Its hard for me to ignore that as a way to help grow the game. It is also seemingly trying to include a pretty diverse group of players in terms of ethic and regional background. I think that claim of growing the game, while it isn't their obvious priority, can't be dismissed as not happening.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

7 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

MGS app is freaking out 

773318E1-57FE-4F29-BEF2-6AD14D4DD80D.png

someone must be working on the default MGS theme.  If you select or use a different theme it works correctly.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

someone must be working on the default MGS theme.  If you select or use a different theme it works correctly.  

Only think I can think of is when they imported the new beta member test platform over? However really should not have effected just the default. 

Either way, the default has been buggy as of late especially when newer features are introduced. 

Good news is that I've found a quick fix for it so there shouldn't be any issues. 

For future reference if there is a issue like that to any and all, best to send a quick PM to myself or @GolfSpy_BOS@Golfspy_CG2@GolfSpy_CS@GolfSpy MPR@GolfSpy_TCU and one of us will get it sorted or be able to get ahold of the proper mod to sort it away.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Only think I can think of is when they imported the new beta member test platform over? However really should not have effected just the default. 

Either way, the default has been buggy as of late especially when newer features are introduced. 

Good news is that I've found a quick fix for it so there shouldn't be any issues. 

For future reference if there is a issue like that to any and all, best to send a quick PM to myself or @GolfSpy_BOS@Golfspy_CG2@GolfSpy_CS@GolfSpy MPR@GolfSpy_TCU and one of us will get it sorted or be able to get ahold of the proper mod to sort it away.

Thanks you Sir, working normal now. It affected my Android tablet and my iPhone so was pretty sure it wasn't a fault on my toys lol. Plus other "blog's" worked fine...

Edited by Bang60
Missed info

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Regardless of anyones side on this tour and how it impacts the future of golf both PGA and otherwise there is no doubt it has done a great job of stiring the pot to get lots of people talking about the game. 

Just look at this thread alone as it has 20 plus pages in really not that long and as a follower of this thread I'm getting a ton of notifications on it at all times. 

And on my FB feeds and regular news media feeds it has gotten big. That is not counting comments like regular folks. On the classic golf sites there is not much said I think because most folks on there are like me sorta neutral on the subject. It has also been fodder for the mainstream media and there are folks reading about it that do not even keep up with or play golf. It has blown up to 34 pages on WRX and I know for a fact the mods have deleted quite a few posts. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

22 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

In my experience this is way too broad a statement.  Due to our business I have personal interaction with more than a few mega millionaires and most are very good to deal with.  

People can be turds no matter the status of their financial bottom line or position in society.  

GN's arrogance is properly summed up by his blatant lie about not knowing about Shipnucks ejection while staring at it happening.  I would bet he was the one to order it.  

Yeah I agree upto the point when it's them or you you lose, but maybe America is different.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

19 hours ago, TBS said:

True. The other side of this is if LIV keeps getting players, there will be less players in the Masters and PGA Championship. The Opens will most likely stick to their current qualification rules which would allow most players the opportunity for entry.

As to the Opens, for the U.S., if the LIV players drop out of the OWGR top 60 and don’t have any other exemption (eg, won the US Open in the last ten years), they would have to go through local qualifying. Can you see DJ and Phil doing that?

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

And on my FB feeds and regular news media feeds it has gotten big. That is not counting comments like regular folks. On the classic golf sites there is not much said I think because most folks on there are like me sorta neutral on the subject. It has also been fodder for the mainstream media and there are folks reading about it that do not even keep up with or play golf. It has blown up to 34 pages on WRX and I know for a fact the mods have deleted quite a few posts. 

It’s all new and something like this hasn’t happened in golf before. By the fourth or fifth event let’s see how much coverage and discussion LIV gets. Unless it gets more top players I’m guessing the interest, coverage, and discussions will subside. 

22 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So, will the Prince of Saudi win the PGA PIP award?

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

Looks like some real high quality golf being played at the first LIV Event…

Dude in last place is at +19 for the tournament…. Only the top 8 are at even or better.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Looks like some real high quality golf being played at the first LIV Event…

Dude in last place is at +19 for the tournament…. Only the top 8 are at even or better.

And thats through 54 holes!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Today I am seeing advertisements on MGS site. Never had that before.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Watched James Wiltshire's latest video from LIV and a few things stuck out to me:

#1 There's a lot of interest in seeing these guys play regardless of the funding.

#2 The potential for viewership and reach far exceeds that of the PGA Tour due to the welcoming of personalities such as James posting content to their own channels. Obviously, if you follow James at all you know he was invited and granted special access by LIV, but allowing him to create his own content rather than having him as a "guest" on their programming is different and something I quite enjoy.

#3 This course does not look easy. I don't actually know anything about it, but based on what I've seen from the LIV feed and JW's channel there are some remarkably tough tee shots with trouble on both sides, native grass areas that IMO are much more penal than the even cut rough at the RBC and the wind has been blowing quite a bit from my understanding. I think I am more surprised by Schwartzel playing at -9 than I am by the number of players who are over par.

#4 (Watching the LIV feed) We get to see a LOT of golf from golfers I've never heard of, can't pronounce half their names, and that's kinda cool. I'd hate to watch featured group type coverage of a bunch of golfers I don't know, but getting to see snippets of them is great IMO.

#5 (Related to #4) I like the updated scoring on the left of the screen, but I find it difficult to understand who's who sometimes based on how they shortened the names. I'd love to seem them play around with this a bit more.

I'm not saying I am pro-LIV, but I'm certainly not against some of the things they are trying. Would love to see some of these attempted on the PGA Tour.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

7 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Today I am seeing advertisements on MGS site. Never had that before.

We have always had them? I use s ad blocker, but there are several threads already about ads and their annoyances/illegibility of the forum.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW