TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

9 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Is this sarcastic? If not that's just wrong because he had two top 5 finishes at majors last season. 

Yes and no.  

He’s not the force he was when he was dominating at the PGA and US Open.  

Yes he had two top 5’s.  He also has a consecutive MC streak at ANGC, and finished 55th this year at the USOpen and T55 at the PGA.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Yes and no.  

Yes he had two top 5’s.  He also has a consecutive MC streak at ANGC, and finished 55th this year at the USOpen and T55 at the PGA.

Again, I dont know that should be the measurement for being a "force". World #1 Scottie Scheffler had a MC at the PGA this year on what he says is his favorite course. Spieth had a MC at The Masters. Morikowa also had a T55 at the PGA. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

Tour announces four event series with $20 million purse each… Hmmm!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Brooks Koepka will be announced as the Saudi rebel circuit’s latest high-profile signing and is expected to play in the first LIV Series event on US soil next week.

The four-time major winner will join brother Chase on Greg Norman's breakaway tour and will be banned from the PGA Tour as a result. His LIV debut in Portland, Oregon will be another blow to the US Ryder Cup team, who will face five members of 2018 team and three from 2021 being ineligible for next year’s match in Rome.

Koepka, 32, has been in talks with the Saudi-funded series for months and sources have confirmed that the deal has finally got over the line. Dustin Johnson, another former world No 1, signed for a £120 million ($150m) up front fee and Koepka will have also commanded a seven-figure sum as he takes his place alongside not only Johnson, but Phil Mickelson, Sergio García, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter.

It will be interesting to see if LIV makes any great play of the long-running 'feud' between Koepka and DeChambeau. Tensions have eased between the pair – they played a made for TV match last year – but there is clearly no love lost and their spat does present obvious possibilities for Norman's venture as it tries to attract eyeballs.

The roster is getting stronger by the week and will worry the PGA Tour and DP World Tour – formerly the European Tour – who were on a high after a gripping US Open on the weekend, that apparently had highlighted the need for the sport to put glory before money.

Anyone still dismissing the series as an irrelevant sideshow for fading golfers should perhaps consider that of the last 21 majors nine have been won by LIV-contracted golfers. And that figure is set to rise with other top 20 players rumored to be in the pipeline. 😬

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

52 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Again, I dont know that should be the measurement for being a "force". World #1 Scottie Scheffler had a MC at the PGA this year on what he says is his favorite course. Spieth had a MC at The Masters. Morikowa also had a T55 at the PGA. 

It’s making sense why baby bro got an offer…

16C32CED-2730-41A3-87CA-A81D8FB4DF47.jpeg

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

45 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Tour announces four event series with $20 million purse each… Hmmm!

It’s not about the money; it is about the history of the tournament and having you name next to players like Hogan, Snead,….. oh wait they didnt play these new events.  😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It’s not about the money; it is about the history of the tournament and having you name next to players like Hogan, Snead,….. oh wait they didnt play these new events.  😂

Isn’t it obvious…they’re “growing the game…” 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Brooks is the poster child for LiV

only cares about money. Not even sure he actually likes playing golf

We know he doesn’t like playing 18 holes and get bored after 14 iirc. This is perfect for him and his boredom.

4 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Is there prestige in winning the Travelers this week? Or the JD, or Rocket Mortgage? I dont think the field at JD this year is going to be much more enticing, if at all, then the LIV event. 

I saw an interesting stat this morning that 9 of the last 21 major winners have gone to LIV, that's 40%. That's not a small number. 

I also think it's interesting seeing a lot of people bash the no cut approach yet the WGC's have typically been no cut events, haven't they? 

Breed said on the radio this morning that there is a players only meeting today and another meeting amongst players/administration?. I think Monahan is starting to feel the pressure and a calculated response is coming tomorrow. 

Yes. It’s a pga tour win which not everyone can say they have, it gives world ranking points, exemptions to the tour for 2 years and entry into larger events and majors. 

2 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Is there an accessible info source that easily shows the # of events that each top 50 or top 75 player played each of the last few years? What's the required PGA minimum? 

Yes it’s called the pga tour website. If you want to see just stats you can google the players name with the word stats after and a link to the pga website for that player will come up and you can see what events they player and how they did.

Minimum is 12 or 15, but there is also stipulations and guys have to play events they haven’t played in the past 3 or 5 years but also again the specifics are on the pga tour website 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

Yes and no.  

He probably committed earlier to LIV but wanted to wait out the PGA Championship and US Open to announce it. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of his conditions to play included an invitation for his brother.
Brooks’s game seems to have contracted LIV-itis like Phil, Na, DJ, Reed, Bland, Bryson and the rest. The major symptoms include shooting over par and a bulging wallet. The more severe strain includes missed cuts as one’s immunity to cuts is weakened by LIV.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

5 hours ago, LICC said:

I don't see the OWGR giving points to LIV events at a meaningful level. They can't equate these no-cut, small field, 54 hole, shotgun events to the 72-hole, large field events on other tours.

The Tour should institute an actual off-season where events don't apply FedEx Cup points and the top players can play in limited field events if they choose. Maybe the 8-10 weeks between the Tour Championship and the RSM Classic. Otherwise, there aren't any ground-breaking changes the Tour could or should make that I can see.

Any points they get for the OWGR give them credibility. Every player they take from the tour gives them more credibility. When you give someone an inch and they keep taking and taking after a while that inch looks like a few feet. The longer it goes on the more the tour should worry. As long as LIV has money their will be offers and temptation. The days of thinking you can wait this out and it will be over probably aren’t happening. The Tour needs an off-season. It could open up legal action against the tour if they allow players to play in other events but not the LIV. It’s a slippery slope, but they really need to find a way to put money and more time back into the big players pockets. I think if they figure that out it eliminates the attractiveness of LIV

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

I saw this and had share. 😂😂

3B64D02A-DC03-4E51-B90A-9AEF48DD359B.jpeg.76ba1bc37709cbb879d73e538eb981d0.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

30 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Any points they get for the OWGR give them credibility. Every player they take from the tour gives them more credibility. When you give someone an inch and they keep taking and taking after a while that inch looks like a few feet. The longer it goes on the more the tour should worry. As long as LIV has money their will be offers and temptation. The days of thinking you can wait this out and it will be over probably aren’t happening. The Tour needs an off-season. It could open up legal action against the tour if they allow players to play in other events but not the LIV. It’s a slippery slope, but they really need to find a way to put money and more time back into the big players pockets. I think if they figure that out it eliminates the attractiveness of LIV

Not really. If they don't give enough points to qualify for majors, it is meaningless. 

LIV is new. It will get some players. But they may keep getting more higher level players, or it may dwindle over time and become inconsequential, consisting of has-beens and those who couldn't stay on the Tour with an occasional top player sell-out here or there.

9 minutes ago, LICC said:

Not really. If they don't give enough points to qualify for majors, it is meaningless. 

LIV is new. It will get some players. But they may keep getting more higher level players, or it may dwindle over time and become inconsequential, consisting of has-beens and those who couldn't stay on the Tour with an occasional top player sell-out here or there.

They're going to get OWGR points. Their fields of 48 will still be almost half filled with top 100 OWGR golfers so they will have a strength of field argument rather folks want to say they are "past their prime" or not. I'd wager to bet by their Chicago event, they have a stronger average field than the DP World Tour event going on at the same time that week. 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

4 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

If I'm understanding the Golf Digest update on the schedule changes...the fall portion will include 8 limited field no cut events...would that be following the FedEx Cup Tour Championship thus having top players play in 8 ADDITIONAL events in the fall? Most players dont play fall events currently so this seems to miss the mark. 

Aren't they typically included in "Asia". I'd think it would be similar makeup to the Presidents Cup. 

From ESPN: 

According to sources, the increased purses would include existing tournaments such as the Sentry Tournament of Champions, the Genesis Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational, the Players Championship, the Memorial Tournament and others. Sources said the increased purses would be paid from sponsors or the tour's reserves.

Additionally, three new international events, which would include no cuts and as many as the top 60 players in the previous season's FedEx Cup standings, would be introduced. The events would not have anchor cities and would move around like the major championships, according to sources.

10 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

They're going to get OWGR points. Their fields of 48 will still be almost half filled with top 100 OWGR golfers so they will have a strength of field argument rather folks want to say they are "past their prime" or not. I'd wager to bet by their Chicago event, they have a stronger average field than the DP World Tour event going on at the same time that week. 

It will still be a small field, a 54- hole no-cut event, and shotgun start. The points will likely be significantly less than any full PGA Tour event.

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

The Majors are the Majors... until they aren't.  The 4 majors that Bobby Jones won in a calendar year aren't the 4 majors that are celebrated today. You can't get that tradition and history without starting. If the LIV group puts up an Invitational event every year and calls it a major... so be it. The Masters was made a Major in the 1960's... because it was the event that had the single highest purse. So by that token, the Players should have been a major for awhile. I'm not a fan of the funding that backs LIV, its bad. But the format idea itself sounded good when the PGL was trying to pitch it to the PGA, too bad the PGA ignored it and the LIV came to be.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

23 minutes ago, LICC said:

From ESPN: 

According to sources, the increased purses would include existing tournaments such as the Sentry Tournament of Champions, the Genesis Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational, the Players Championship, the Memorial Tournament and others. Sources said the increased purses would be paid from sponsors or the tour's reserves.

Additionally, three new international events, which would include no cuts and as many as the top 60 players in the previous season's FedEx Cup standings, would be introduced. The events would not have anchor cities and would move around like the major championships, according to sources.

I like the sound of that, and given the events, a lot of the big names already attend a lot of those (maybe not Sentry given the Hawaii travel?). I'd like to nominate Colorado as one of the sites for the events 🤪 not enough PGA events in the area and need more! 

24 minutes ago, LICC said:

It will still be a small field, a 54- hole no-cut event, and shotgun start. The points will likely be significantly less than any full PGA Tour event.

I dont think the shotgun start would have any baring on awarding points. I could see them growing into similar point events as a WGC with limited fields. I don't believe they do but does Champions Tour events award OWGR? (as those are also only 54 hole events and no cut)? 

7 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Is there prestige in winning the Travelers this week? Or the JD, or Rocket Mortgage? I dont think the field at JD this year is going to be much more enticing, if at all, then the LIV event. 

I saw an interesting stat this morning that 9 of the last 21 major winners have gone to LIV, that's 40%. That's not a small number. 

I also think it's interesting seeing a lot of people bash the no cut approach yet the WGC's have typically been no cut events, haven't they? 

Breed said on the radio this morning that there is a players only meeting today and another meeting amongst players/administration?. I think Monahan is starting to feel the pressure and a calculated response is coming tomorrow. 

This should get someone's attention, but I am sure we will still hear all the excuses.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

1 hour ago, LICC said:

From ESPN: 

image.jpeg.5e1a1df70c508407012075f143c04ec0.jpeg

34 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I like the sound of that, and given the events, a lot of the big names already attend a lot of those (maybe not Sentry given the Hawaii travel?). I'd like to nominate Colorado as one of the sites for the events 🤪 not enough PGA events in the area and need more! 

I can see them having one of these every month through September, skipping August for the FedexCup events. 

31 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I dont think the shotgun start would have any baring on awarding points.

It should. The players are not playing the course as it was designed. The closing holes at Pebble Beach or Sawgrass wouldn't be the same for players to play them in the middle of the round while others finish out on those holes. Different pressure.

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Some are new events and some aren't. Hogan and Snead played at Riviera. Nicklaus and the Memorial, etc.

3 hours ago, LICC said:

Some are new events and some aren't. Hogan and Snead played at Riviera. Nicklaus and the Memorial, etc.

The point of my post is that players are saying it isn't about the money and more about the actual events and history,  but the PGA tour is creating new events and offering more money.    Playing golf is a job and people switch or stay at jobs for multiple reasons; for some it is more money and others it is about work conditions.    Why can't the players that are turning down the offers simply say that the PGA tour has been good to me and I have made a lot of money playing the game and I am not going to switch simply for more money.    My guess they won't say that because they have a figure and if the LIV tour comes up with that amount they will move. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Why can't the players that are turning down the offers simply say that the PGA tour has been good to me and I have made a lot of money playing the game and I am not going to switch simply for more money. 

That is what they are saying. Watch Rahm’s first press conference last week. 
Many people will turn down more money based on their morals and legacy. 

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

The point of my post is that players are saying it isn't about the money and more about the actual events and history,  but the PGA tour is creating new events and offering more money.    Playing golf is a job and people switch or stay at jobs for multiple reasons; for some it is more money and others it is about work conditions.    Why can't the players that are turning down the offers simply say that the PGA tour has been good to me and I have made a lot of money playing the game and I am not going to switch simply for more money.    My guess they won't say that because they have a figure and if the LIV tour comes up with that amount they will move. 

I think you’re being too literal, I haven’t seen any pro say they don’t care about money at all. Of course the pros expect to win $ playing tournaments, expecting them to give it ALL away to prove it’s not (just) about money isn’t necessary. What they are saying is it’s not solely about who pays the most, there are other considerations. Some people are willing to overlook almost anything for money, some aren’t.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Wholely disagree but another view…evidently Bark and Phil are good friends.

424DE68B-D6C6-4F9C-9CC7-1C1CB41856F7.webp

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 hours ago, Middler said:

Wholely disagree but another view…evidently Bark and Phil are good friends.

424DE68B-D6C6-4F9C-9CC7-1C1CB41856F7.webp

There’s a lot of people that feel this way, some just won’t admit it so they can look morally good. Someone offers me to work less days and significantly increases my pay I’m jumping ship. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I think you’re being too literal, I haven’t seen any pro say they don’t care about money at all. Of course the pros expect to win $ playing tournaments, expecting them to give it ALL away to prove it’s not (just) about money isn’t necessary. What they are saying is it’s not solely about who pays the most, there are other considerations. Some people are willing to overlook almost anything for money, some aren’t.

I am being extreme and not literal.  I know they care about the money, we all do.  We hear people talk about Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk and the other billionaires and say they have too much money, we hear that athletes play for too much money.  People choose to work for multiple reasons and money is definitely a main consideration.   People live a lifestyle and need money to support that lifestyle.    As for overlooking things for money, people do it everyday.   yes, some people won’t work certain jobs in the USA because of what they produce or their politics.  Others look beyond their beliefs and work those jobs for the money even though.    People don’t work for meat packing plants, gun manufacturers, defense contractors, etc simply because of their beliefs and that is fine.  

the only opinion people should have in this thread is yes I would take the money or no I wouldn’t take the money and they shouldn’t judge the individuals that do because none of us walk in their shoes.  No one has a crystal ball and knows how much money they will need for the rest of their lives.  

10 hours ago, LICC said:

Many people will turn down more money based on their morals and legacy. 

yep, some will and some won’t.   It isn’t your place to cast stones or judge what they have done because you don’t walk in their shoes.  You can only provide you thought on what you think you would do if you were in that situation.