Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

25 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

i don't  know if a. ancer is playing the open , he hits the ball very straight , he may be the best liv golfer at the open or k. na , they are keeping carts from driving in the rough 

hovland and schauffele rumoured to join liv  ??

25 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

On 6/23/2022 at 4:32 PM, GaDawg said:

I am the opposite, I will watch all golfers except Tiger. Of course, if he is playing, that's all they show.

Ditto here!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Wonder if any of them were planning on playing a PGA event?

The nine players apparently being jettisoned by LIV, none of them huge international names, are: Oliver Bekker, Ratchanon Chantananuwat, Oliver Fisher, Pablo Larrazabal, Viraj Madappa, Andy Ogletree, David Puig, JC Ritchie, and Kevin Yuan.

At Pumpkin Ridge, their places will be taken by Brooks Koepka, Abraham Ancer, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, Yuki Inamori, and Pat Perez. All are former PGA Tour regulars except for Inamori, who has been a regular on the Japanese Tour.

https://progolfnow.com/2022/06/23/pumpkin-ridge-liv-tour/

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

2 hours ago, Middler said:

Wonder if any of them were planning on playing a PGA event?

https://progolfnow.com/2022/06/23/pumpkin-ridge-liv-tour/

Looking like only the cream will play Liv golf...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

That was always the plan though, no?

Sign big stars like BDC, and Koepka, and augment them with big name players like Reed, Garcia, Louie and Charl, Westwood and Mickelson etc, and upcoming young talent like a Chacarra to round out the field.

It’s a solid plan, and it’s coming together quicker than I thought it would. They keep adding players steadily, and chipping away at the Tour (who cannot compete with them financially). The longer this goes on, the stronger LIV will get.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

11 hours ago, Bang60 said:

😆 The cream is on the PGA tour. LIV is getting rid of the dregs from their two-buck chuck roster…

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

What’s the purpose of locking a thread if the same person is going to unlock it a few hours later and also not restore posts that were deleted?

Either lock a thread and leave it that way or don’t lock it at all.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

What’s the worst a LIV golf player can do and still get paid? Is there some sort of performance review?

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What’s the purpose of locking a thread if the same person is going to unlock it a few hours later and also not restore posts that were deleted?

Either lock a thread and leave it that way or don’t lock it at all.

PM sent. 

Thread was in timeout as we have done before.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Who is going to be our LIV Tour Events focal? My contract won't allow me to cover both PGA and LIV 😉.  Is anyone planning to attend?  I fully expect the golf won't be the only fireworks and definitely plan to watch the YT feed.

2022 LIV Golf Tickets | Pumpkin Ridge| Portland

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 6/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, Grand Stranded said:

That was always the plan though, no?

Sign big stars like BDC, and Koepka, and augment them with big name players like Reed, Garcia, Louie and Charl, Westwood and Mickelson etc, and upcoming young talent like a Chacarra to round out the field.

It’s a solid plan, and it’s coming together quicker than I thought it would. They keep adding players steadily, and chipping away at the Tour (who cannot compete with them financially). The longer this goes on, the stronger LIV will get.

It depends on whether the player defections happen at the same pace or peter out. For now I think the latter is more likely but wouldn’t be surprised either way. 

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Who is going to be our LIV Tour Events focal? My contract won't allow me to cover both PGA and LIV 😉.  Is anyone planning to attend?  I fully expect the golf won't be the only fireworks and definitely plan to watch the YT feed.

I was wondering how things would be for folks like you. From some of my FB feeds I see some of the residents in that area are not thrilled at all. Also saw that some of the members of the host club have resigned. The club is not like a private club but owned by a conglomarate so I do not know the member set up as to whether they have voting rights or not

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I would attend, but it's a long distance for me. 🥲

Map from Athens to Portland

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Wolff, Ortiz, and another dude are in now. The dominos keep falling.

Putting their results aside, Dechambeau, Johnson, and Wolff are 3 of my favorite guys to watch play because their games are not cookie cutter, picture perfect. I love watching different swings.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

2 hours ago, GaDawg said:

I would attend, but it's a long distance for me. 🥲

Map from Athens to Portland

Thanks for the map, I used get golf clubs sent from Portland and wondered why shipping was so expensive. Haha had to cross USA to get to NZ, but triple cost was criminal lol...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 6/26/2022 at 10:17 PM, Middler said:

😆 The cream is on the PGA tour. LIV is getting rid of the dregs from their two-buck chuck roster…

So Schauffele wins is he now ruling out Liv?

12 hours ago, BIG STU said:

From some of my FB feeds I see some of the residents in that area are not thrilled at all. Also saw that some of the members of the host club have resigned. 

... I have spent a lot of time in downtown Portland and absolutely loved it there. Until people from out of state made it unrecognizable to locals. And yes, they have a very legit reason for not wanting Saudi backed golf in their backyard. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/erry-2018/12/9b5b1eff724150/he-was-accused-of-killing-a-po.html

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Let me help you out here Stu…. First of all the protests you’re referring to? It’s Portland. Out there they have protests to protest what they’re protesting about. Once they find out Pumpkin Ridge is about 25 miles from anything, they’ll just protest whatever the nearest protest to them is protesting. 😉

Second, yes it’s true a few people resigned their memberships, but those were filled with new members immediately by the club. In fact I heard one of those who left had second thoughts, but no openings for him to rejoin were available, and he had to go to the end of their wait list. I’m pretty sure he’s planning a protest now also.

Ok cool so they are like James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause. " What are you protesting"  What ya got?"

LOL I guess some people live to protest sorta like we live to play golf. Me personally I just do like a old Camel sit back and take in the view. I guess the member you mentioned stepped off in it and now regrets it. To my practicle mind even though I have my moral opinions that would be a stupid reason to resign a club membership especially if I liked the place and had friends there. And I can see the money the club gets off of it will help keep the club operating

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 6/27/2022 at 12:05 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Was exploring your link early this AM out of boredom and curiosity. And yes I know what killed the Kitty Cat. I see from their site the 3 day passes are already sold out. The one day passes not sure on the price since I have not attended an event in 20 years. Did not see any food or beverage prices either. With what Grand Stranded educated me on wonder if we will see protests outside the gate? 

G

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have spent a lot of time in downtown Portland and absolutely loved it there. Until people from out of state made it unrecognizable to locals. And yes, they have a very legit reason for not wanting Saudi backed golf in their backyard. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/erry-2018/12/9b5b1eff724150/he-was-accused-of-killing-a-po.html

I used to deliver to a heavy equipment dealer out there ( John Deere Logging Equipment) Used to rest some at Jubitz Truck Stop which was a nice place for a truck stop. We had a paid lay over one time waiting on the logging company to drag a piece of equipment  out for us to take back to Kernersville NC. We rented a car and drove around one day. Liked the place and people. This was in like 90 or so and I guess this was the time period before the outsiders ruined it. Kinda like down here. It has changed a whole lot since you lived here. In fact it has went to crap the 22 years we have been here

G

So now Wolff and Ortiz have defected to the Obnoxious Greed League. Not sure what to make of it - at this rate we'll have a league of the elites with no real contenders outside of the elite group, and another league chock full of also rans (also with non contenders filling out their roster) that could not longer compete on the PGA Tour. The midfield of the PGA is starting to (seriously) hollow out. I'm trying to think of another sport where that exists. No upstart league in any sport has succeeded, but none have had truckloads of Saudi money and sports washing as a goal.

At some point more and more elites are going to resent making less than the also rans playing (much) less often at the same sport - further hollowing out the PGA Tour. Once the position of the majors firms up, it could obviously get worse with defections. So far LIV has recruited 17% of the OWGR top 100, from DJ #17 to Poulter #96 and 15 in between.

And outside the remaining elite PGA players, the PGA, Korn Ferry become feeders for LIV in the years ahead.

And it remains to be seen what happens with tournament/endorsement sponsors, OWGR and Majors.

What a mess...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

35 minutes ago, Middler said:

So now Wolff and Ortiz have defected to the Obnoxious Greed League. Not sure what to make of it - at this rate we'll have a league of the elites with no real contenders outside of the elite group, and another league chock full of also rans (also with non contenders filling out their roster) that could not longer compete on the PGA Tour. The midfield of the PGA is starting to (seriously) hollow out. I'm trying to think of another sport where that exists. No upstart league in any sport has succeeded, but none have had truckloads of Saudi money and sports washing as a goal.

At some point more and more elites are going to resent making less than the also rans playing (much) less often at the same sport - further hollowing out the PGA Tour. Once the position of the majors firms up, it could obviously get worse with defections.

And outside the remaining elite PGA players, the PGA, Korn Ferry become feeders for LIV in the years ahead.

And it remains to be seen what happens with tournament/endorsement sponsors.

What a mess...

Have you not looked at the NBA and MLB? They are also very similar. There’s a handful of teams that are good or great and a bunch of also rans. The nba is about building super teams and only a few markets can do that. The mlb is becoming a big market league with the occasional small city winning.

If one want to watch the top 1% of the the top 1% of golfers in the world they will have to make a choice of what tour they put on tv.

I like watching golf for the golf so it’s easy for me. When I watch it will be the pga tour.

With higher ranked players or those with some name recognition leaving the pga tour it opens the door for others to capture the spotlight. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

14 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Have you not looked at the NBA and MLB? They are also very similar. There’s a handful of teams that are good or great and a bunch of also rans. The nba is about building super teams and only a few markets can do that. The mlb is becoming a big market league with the occasional small city winning.

If one want to watch the top 1% of the the top 1% of golfers in the world they will have to make a choice of what tour they put on tv.

I like watching golf for the golf so it’s easy for me. When I watch it will be the pga tour.

With higher ranked players or those with some name recognition leaving the pga tour it opens the door for others to capture the spotlight. 

True enough but the NBA and the MLB haven't split into two leagues though, that's the distinction I was getting at. 

I agree I'm watching PGA tournaments and some LPGA, I have zero interest in the Obnoxious Greed League.

But I was trying to imagine what this all looks like in 5-10 years if both leagues persist. I can't think of an equivalent in any other mainstream sport. We could reach a place where we really don't know who the elite players are - unless majors remain open to all.

Again, we'll have a clearer picture when the legal issues subside and majors, sponsors and OWGR firm up their positions - that won't be anytime soon.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

And there is plenty of un tapped potential these days---- Just look at what that 20 year old did in the US Open and the Travelers last week. Never had heard of him until Greg did a WITB post for the US Open on WRX Yes the field is deep for rising stars I would say more than ever--- These College players are coming right out firing with both barrells. Another one I feel to watch out for in the future is the Theegala guy. He had a chance last week but I think the pressure and inexperience got to him but he will learn with experience. Like you I like to watch good golf period and do not care what nationality the player is from etc. Heck I have been known in the old days to grab a cart a 6 pack of beer and watch a couple of scratch players go at it for $5

G

33 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

And there is plenty of un tapped potential these days---- Just look at what that 20 year old did in the US Open and the Travelers last week. Never had heard of him until Greg did a WITB post for the US Open on WRX Yes the field is deep for rising stars I would say more than ever--- These College players are coming right out firing with both barrells. Another one I feel to watch out for in the future is the Theegala guy. He had a chance last week but I think the pressure and inexperience got to him but he will learn with experience. Like you I like to watch good golf period and do not care what nationality the player is from etc. Heck I have been known in the old days to grab a cart a 6 pack of beer and watch a couple of scratch players go at it for $5

The level of golf being played in college and at high level junior ams is insane. The old mentality of having to bide your time before winning is gone and these young athletes are coming out ready to win now. 

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The level of golf being played in college and at high level junior ams is insane. The old mentality of having to bide your time before winning is gone and these young athletes are coming out ready to win now. 

One of the owners of my course is one of the coaches of his son's High School Golf team. In fact his son competed at Augusta in the DCP year before last. Sometimes they play matches at our course. They had one event with like 10 teams this past spring. I got a cart found me a good spot and watched. Trust me they can play. I know in the Spring of 23 they are having some kind of National event at our course and I have my cart and my spot in the shade reserved. Like I said I like watching good golf being played no matter who plays it. I know some of the members grumble on tournament days and are already mumbling about the 2 day spring event. One chided me over watching and I told him he was jealous because he could not play like them when he was their age much less now. In fact I dug the barb in deeper and told him hell fire he could not beat my crippled fat butt now much less those high schoolers hitting it 250 or more

G

3 hours ago, Middler said:

True enough but the NBA and the MLB haven't split into two leagues though, that's the distinction I was getting at. 

I agree I'm watching PGA tournaments and some LPGA, I have zero interest in the Obnoxious Greed League.

But I was trying to imagine what this all looks like in 5-10 years if both leagues persist. I can't think of an equivalent in any other mainstream sport. We could reach a place where we really don't know who the elite players are - unless majors remain open to all.

Again, we'll have a clearer picture when the legal issues subside and majors, sponsors and OWGR firm up their positions - that won't be anytime soon.

MMA is the only sport I could really think of...and that's the problem is that often times you have top people in different leagues that never end up fighting. 

The legal issues are going to be fascinating. I saw today on the Senate Judiciary Committee starting to question MLB's Antitrust exemption, suppressing wages for minor leagues...while not directly related, I could see how this could tie closely to the LIV/PGA issues. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder