TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

4 minutes ago, Middler said:

That's nonsense, just reveals your bias to rationalize. Like noted above, it all has to do with the total revenues of the sport. Pro golf is great, but it's no where near the $$$ that NFL, NBA, MLB leagues are working with. Are you going to tell us the world #1 in pickle ball should be paid the same as Lebron, Steph and Mahomes? 

I refuse for Ben Johns to be slandered in such a way! 😉 HE IS MORE VALUABLE TO HIS SPORT THAN THOSE THREE COMBINED!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Crappy part is I truly just want all of this to be over and for golf to get back to being golf and fun to watch without all this background noise which no matter what clouds how I feel about the pro game and unfortunately this is still going to go on for years and years and years.

... If you are not a member, friend or family of a tour player and you don't participate on golf forums most people just don't care, other than hating the Saudi government. Most of my golfing friends just like to play golf, watch some tournaments every now and then but know very little about equipment or anything to do with Pro golf. And if you aren't a golfer this isn't even on the radar. Does anyone really care if Scheffler makes 50 million instead of 20 million? I would rather see the extra 30 million go to all those nurses and doctors that fought Covid from day 1 but some would not be around to cash in. A golfer would not be in my top 100 of who "deserves" more money. 

... Talk to anyone that isn't one of us golf geeks about pin in or out. Bermuda vs Bent. Cast vs forged. Most don't even have a favorite player other than Jack or Tiger but maybe watch a Major or two. Ask them about LIV and take in the blank look on their face. As I have made clear, my personal opinion is I won't watch a second of LIV anymore than I would if the Saudi's used their sports washing cash to form an alternate MLB or NFL league that is more LOUD, so I really don't see or hear much about LIV other than on golf forums. I will say this, I was surprised by some stances on this subject from members I respected and in that regard I wish I had never opened this thread. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, LICC said:

What does an NDA have to do with players meeting to talk amongst themselves?

Huh?  You're trying so hard to debate everyone and everything mildly controversial that you're just not making any sense.

Don't you have better things to do than troll this site?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yes they are allowed to met in private; however, the topics discussion could be considered illegal and their sworn testimony will to determine if what they talked about is illegal.  

taking this to an extreme but to illustrate the point,  would it be okay for them to have a private meeting where they discussed a plan to assassinate the president?   That would be illegal even if they didn’t go through with the plan.   Relating to LIV how about if they discussed using their influence to prevent US courses from hosting LIV events?  While anti LIV people may like this, it is illegal.   

You are not accurate with your understanding of civil procedure, antitrust law and the 1st Amendment. 

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Huh?  You're trying so hard to debate everyone and everything mildly controversial that you're just not making any sense.

Don't you have better things to do than troll this site?

Noted that you are scrambling to not answer the question and resorting to juvenile insults. 

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

You are not accurate with your understanding of civil procedure, antitrust law and the 1st Amendment. 

okay. whatever.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

okay. whatever.  

Lesson learned today...

Don't feed the trolls

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

Noted that you are scrambling to not answer the question and resorting to juvenile insults. 

... Even though you are from Long Island, I am still a little amazed at how some don't understand what you say and how you say it can make all the difference. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

I will say this, I was surprised by some stances on this subject from members I respected and in that regard I wish I had never opened this thread. 

It’s okay to have a difference of opinions. Doesn’t make the other person a “bad” person because you disagree. We NEED diversity of opinion.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

3 minutes ago, MacTourney said:

The good seasoned folks in Scotland must think the Yanks are a bunch of eejit rockets...

I don’t know what that means but sure sounds funny …….

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

52 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

It’s okay to have a difference of opinions. Doesn’t make the other person a “bad” person because you disagree. We NEED diversity of opinion.

... Of course, that is the backbone of a democracy. I always hope to learn from others opinions and if I am inflexible with mine, it only hurts me. As corny as it is, I loved these Heineken Ads. But it isn't opinions I was talking about. 

Now hearing that HV3 is among the next group going to LIV... this one really surprises me. 😐

Sources - Open champ Cameron Smith, Harold Varner III, several other PGA Tour players expected to join LIV Golf (espn.com)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now hearing that HV3 is among the next group going to LIV... this one really surprises me. 😐

Sources - Open champ Cameron Smith, Harold Varner III, several other PGA Tour players expected to join LIV Golf (espn.com)

That would surprise me for sure but the money…..

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

He has played the Saudi event for a number of years. I was expecting him to go. I’m surprised Matsuyama is not going. 

45 minutes ago, Rickp said:

That would surprise me for sure but the money…..

It surprises me because he is close to Michael Jordan who has been pretty adamant about players staying with the PGA Tour. But, there is that money thingy.  I imagine the conversation ended like this;  "Michael, I get what you're saying but you already are worth a billion+... this is likely my best chance at being like Mike".

The more I think about it, HV3 kind of fits the sweet-spot player who would be well known enough to garner some front end signing $$ and who, in all likelihood, will not be among the 20% of tour players making 80% of the purses.

I was kind of hoping this after the regular season batch of "expected to leave" players might not.  Now, I'm hoping it dosen't perpetuate even a bigger number to go.

i think matsuyama is waiting until early 2023 because he would have time to build a very good japanese team ., i'm sure he don't want a bad team , that's what liv will turn into , a world wide team events plus the singles .

i really thought adam scott would go after east lake , guess liv did not offer enough money yet.

hv3 did a smart think as said above , i would think more than 20 tour  players not in the big money pool will also go to liv if they can get around 10 mil

liv has to be looking to have 18 teams by the end of 2023

Edited by shootmyage

Again, how this ends depends on OWGR, Major eligibility, sponsors/endorsements (if LIV players deals fade away) and/or TV rights/fan interest. Until those shoes drop, not much to talk about even though we can't resist. If most or all those factors let LIV in and players can play wherever they choose, the PGA will slowly die off. Why wouldn't all PGA players play LIV events (for the big paydays), Majors and maybe a few more notable PGA events (Players, Memorial, etc.) instead of grinding away on at least 15 (now 20?) PGA only events for 1/3 the purse or less?

I am disappointed to see Cam Smith go, and I liked HV3 and Hidecki - but I won't watch LIV to see them or anyone else they have so far. Who knows, both products (PGA and LIV) may be of less interest when all is said and done, all to help the Saudis with PR. LIV will have to be profitable at some point, imagine if 5 years from now the Saudis decide their not getting the return and/or PR benefits - and they pull the plug. By then the PGA could be seriously damaged.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Big Win for Rory and a big win for the PGA Tour!

it’s great to see Rory finish it off in Atlanta and then to speak about how great the PGA Tour is.

Can’t hurt to see some big names like Matsuyama deciding to stay with the Tour.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Biggest issue facing LIV - Who is going to watch golf when college football is wall to wall on Saturday and NFL on Sunday?

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

30 minutes ago, TBS said:

Biggest issue facing LIV - Who is going to watch golf when college football is wall to wall on Saturday and NFL on Sunday?

I didn't watch more than a few minutes of the first LIV event even with no football.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

8 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I didn't watch more than a few minutes of the first LIV event even with no football.

Well I watched several hours of it with no football and I will watch several hours of it with football.

People interested in watching it will do so either live or on YouTube replay. People who aren't interested in watching it (like yourself), still won't watch it. Since Golf is essentially year round, why is this any different between LIV and PGA?

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

21 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Well I watched several hours of it with no football and I will watch several hours of it with football.

People interested in watching it will do so either live or on YouTube replay. People who aren't interested in watching it (like yourself), still won't watch it. Since Golf is essentially year round, why is this any different between LIV and PGA?

You are correct. I really do not enjoy LIV's shotgun format. The team's thing doesn't work for me either outside of the Ryder Cup, President's Cup, etc. Also, production quality has not been on par with PGA either from what I have seen. 

Garmin S10

36 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

LIV's target market isn't the Golf obsessed. It's the sports fan who watches golf if it's exciting. (Golf but louder) Given the choice, I think that demographic is going to watch football. Because they aren't choosing to watch the Fortinet or Sanderson anyways. With gambling so prevalent, even the most boring Big10 matchups will be more appealing than LIV.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

The casual sports fan who watches some golf will tune in to the big events and on weekends when other big sports events aren't happening. LIV has been avoiding the big PGA Tour events, but now that doing so puts it up against football, I will not be surprised if the interest and viewership drop substantially.

One less than expected... at least for now.  I suspect Sergio was a big influence on Ortiz and Niemann's decision.  

Niemann was a surprise for me this morning. I guess I missed the rumors about him.

Garmin S10