TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

Liv started too early for me but saw the last 12 holes, ya know I've realized what I really like about Liv ??  I see alot more of the players I want to see, I don't want just the same faces week in week out that's boring for me. Hmmmm but for how long....

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 9/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, BIG STU said:

As much disposable money as they have I would not be surprised if they bought their own Sattelite or launched one and do their own channel. 

Ahhh and then they charge for it, Bugger..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Love him or hate him, Bryson's shot from 300 yards out of the rough, through the trees, over water to the green was dang impressive!!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Love him or hate him, Bryson's shot from 300 yards out of the rough, through the trees, over water to the green was dang impressive!!

He also blasted one out of the lip of a bunker 200 yards, over water, and onto the green.  I keep expecting his whole game to return and be more of a front runner each event... but not yet.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

what's getting tough on the tour is if i was a tour player in the top 20 like matsuyama- cantly-rose-scott and looking at the top 5-8 players and thinking the only way i could beat them is for them to have a avg game and i had my best game and liv offered me a great deal of money , what to do .

if i did take a liv offer then looking at the the top 5-8 players i think i  would have a very good chance to beat 4 or 5  of the top 8  most of the time , what to do .

money wise with the tour having much better payouts now  and having to play 15-20 and majors , it would be a very hard decision unless liv offered me a lot of money up front .

for me a minus for the tour the 5-8 players will not be going anywhere for at least 5 years , also lower ranked players may move up .

a plus for liv is they may not be getting any new players that can beat me and no player on liv will be moving up the list , so it's still about the money .

guess i will have to talk to my wife and see what she thinks .

Edited by shootmyage

4 hours ago, shootmyage said:

what's getting tough on the tour is if i was a tour player in the top 20 like matsuyama- cantly-rose-scott and looking at the top 5-8 players and thinking the only way i could beat them is for them to have a avg game and i had my best game and liv offered me a great deal of money , what to do .

if i did take a liv offer then looking at the the top 5-8 players i think i  would have a very good chance to beat 4 or 5  of the top 8  most of the time , what to do .

money wise with the tour having much better payouts now  and having to play 15-20 and majors , it would be a very hard decision unless liv offered me a lot of money up front .

for me a minus for the tour the 5-8 players will not be going anywhere for at least 5 years , also lower ranked players may move up .

a plus for liv is they may not be getting any new players that can beat me and no player on liv will be moving up the list , so it's still about the money .

guess i will have to talk to my wife and see what she thinks .

Take the money and go away. Stop suing to play on the Pgatour and DP world tour.

For goodness sakes!

Well, that didn't take too long... Cam Smith, in his second start, wins Chicago, staving off brief runs by Uihlien and Johnson by 3 strokes. His short game is just all world and gets him out of trouble, seemingly so easily, that at time it seems unfair.

Team Aces four-peats... Pat Perez has made more LIV team money than he made on tour 😁.

The team competition seems to be really motivating these guys.  It was really apparent that players knew where they stood and, even if out of the individual win, just started grinding it out.  

The Bangkok event should be fun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Uihlien seems to be finding his game,  good for him.  DJ couldn't make a putt the last 2 rounds. If he could putt like Cam he would have won by 10. Definitely the Cam vs Dj show two weeks in a row.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, that didn't take too long... Cam Slaughtered them.  

The Bangkok event should be fun.

It's Bangkok, I know it very well used to go there every year with mates from Sydney for 3Months. Some really nice golf courses in Thailand, wish I could go again lol...

21 minutes ago, LICC said:

I barely realized there was a LIV event this week. The novelty is wearing off and football has started. It will be interesting to see what were the viewership numbers.

Same here... I actually didn't even think about it until my Mom (of all people... though she is a lifelong Phil fan) mentioned that Cam Smith won... not sure what numbers they are pulling in on the live internet channels... but for any kind of ongoing footprint in the golf landscape... they desperately need a network deal of some kind.  I say that with no comment on whether or not I "want" them to succeed., 😉

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

but for any kind of ongoing footprint in the golf landscape... they desperately need a network deal of some kind.

To an extent, I think you're right, but I think its going to be difficult to attract advertisers given the Saudi connection.  Its also going to be difficult to get a major network deal, since the major US networks already have some kind of deal with the PGA Tour or one of the Majors.  I think even more critical will be World Golf Ranking points, if the LIV players don't don't play the Majors, they'll kind of fade from view.  None of the majors need to change entry requirements, without OWGR sanction for 54 hole small field no-cut events, players who aren't already exempt won't qualify without playing in multiple qualifying levels.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

To an extent, I think you're right, but I think its going to be difficult to attract advertisers given the Saudi connection.  Its also going to be difficult to get a major network deal, since the major US networks already have some kind of deal with the PGA Tour or one of the Majors.  I think even more critical will be World Golf Ranking points, if the LIV players don't don't play the Majors, they'll kind of fade from view.  None of the majors need to change entry requirements, without OWGR sanction for 54 hole small field no-cut events, players who aren't already exempt won't qualify without playing in multiple qualifying levels.

I agree Dave.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

31 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

since the major US networks already have some kind of deal with the PGA Tour or one of the Majors.

Except Fox, but I don't know if they want to get back into golf this way, with the risks involved with LIV. Especially after the massive financial hit they took with their USGA deal overpay.

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Same here... I actually didn't even think about it until my Mom (of all people... though she is a lifelong Phil fan) mentioned that Cam Smith won... not sure what numbers they are pulling in on the live internet channels... but for any kind of ongoing footprint in the golf landscape... they desperately need a network deal of some kind.  I say that with no comment on whether or not I "want" them to succeed., 😉

I guess Fox has interest, I'm sure they are trying to figure out if they would be getting in on the ground floor,  or if this is going to vanish.

Did you know that the PGA Tour was playing again this weekend? I'm just curious if it was LIV or all golf that escaped your radar?

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

4 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I guess Fox has interest, I'm sure they are trying to figure out if they would be getting in on the ground floor,  or if this is going to vanish.

Did you know that the PGA Tour was playing again this weekend? I'm just curious if it was LIV or all golf that escaped your radar?

Just LIV fell off my radar... I was in tune to the Fortinet, the Italian Open, and of course the Portland Open back at my old stomping grounds (the city... not the course...haha).

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

meanwhile... at the LIV tournament (Beware... NSFW)

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

42 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The Fortinet was interesting. Nice course, I like Homa, and a tight leaderboard down the stretch.

4 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

LIV keeps producing great decapitation content

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

11 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm interested in Liv sticking around for the long haul, but I can't see how you get OWGR POINTS if your not playing 72 holes. You can't get points from 54 holes to match 72 holes, guys have lots more energy only playing 54. 

Anyway you cut it it's not fair...

Heard peak viewership was all of 90k ppl... That is half of what is was last even when they had the whole weekend to themselves with no NFL or anything else. 

Big picture that is so few people turning on to watch. They made need to find a better platform to stream on, because going to weird timezones are certainly not going to help those number improve. 

4 hours ago, shootmyage said:

anyone that thinks bryson getting a rope scratch across his right eye ( not his neck )  is great entertainment should run not walk to the nearest brain docker 

The broadcast even made a joke about it when it happened...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Heard peak viewership was all of 90k ppl... That is half of what is was last even when they had the whole weekend to themselves with no NFL or anything else. 

Big picture that is so few people turning on to watch. They made need to find a better platform to stream on, because going to weird timezones are certainly not going to help those number improve. 

The broadcast even made a joke about it when it happened...

i don't think they knew it got his eye .

On 9/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, Golfspy_TCB said:

Griffin Family Guy GIF - Griffin Family Guy GIFs

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

29 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

i don't think they knew it got his eye .

Not wishing harm on anyone...  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

bdgif.gif

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Speculating here but I wouldn't put it past Greg and his gang to use View Bots to boost those numbers.

Would be hilarious if a network bought their rights but then went full Elon Musk and backed out last minute due to bots.

Great OWGR drama today - if you haven't read the letter, please do yourself a favor and read this. 

https://www.si.com/golf/news/liv-golf-players-petition-official-world-golf-ranking-chairman-in-letter

There are so many bad arguments here but it simply comes down to not meeting established criteria, which has been set before LIV was ever created.