TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

32 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They changed the criteria it’s not really strength of field anymore. It’s based of strikes gained

An it does and doesn’t address the course since it talks about “relative difficultly of each round”.  Some may say that is the course, but I interpret that as the environmental conditions link wind and rain.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The tour claims that LIV Golf has executed a campaign to pay its players "astronomical sums of money to induce them to breach their contracts with the Tour in an effort to use the LIV Players and the game of golf to sportswash the recent history of Saudi atrocities and to further the Saudi Public Investment Fund's Vision 2030 initiatives."

The PGA Tour argued that LIV Golf officials have advised players that their agreements with the PGA Tour are unenforceable, while entering into their own agreements with LIV players that "impose contractual restrictions on the LIV Players more onerous in scope and duration than any of the Tour regulations they challenge."

9 minutes ago, LICC said:

The PGA Tour argued that LIV Golf officials have advised players that their agreements with the PGA Tour are unenforceable, while entering into their own agreements with LIV players that "impose contractual restrictions on the LIV Players more onerous in scope and duration than any of the Tour regulations they challenge."

This could explain why more and more players are dropping out of the original anti-trust lawsuit against the PGA Tour,  If they're not a party to the initial suit, perhaps their LIV contracts may not be subject to discovery in the Tour's counter-suit against LIV and the players.  To me, those LIV/player contracts seems to be pretty relevant to both suits.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

This could explain why more and more players are dropping out of the original anti-trust lawsuit against the PGA Tour,  If they're not a party to the initial suit, perhaps their LIV contracts may not be subject to discovery in the Tour's counter-suit against LIV and the players.  To me, those LIV/player contracts seems to be pretty relevant to both suits.

According to golf twitter personality and lawyer Will Bardwell, their withdrawals will have virtually no effect on discovery.

https://twitter.com/willbardwell/status/1574778002843516929?t=51FVrxCTXmkDpioRGLPLqA&s=19

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

9 hours ago, LICC said:

I heard Michael Breed the other day address a similar argument. His view was- the quality of the players don't matter if the format of the event isn't up to the standard of receiving points. What if LIV decided to play par-3 courses? It doesn't matter how talented the players are, that wouldn't be justifiable to receive OWGR points.

LIV Golf fanatics would simply reply:  "Why not give OWGR points to par 3 contests, they have par 3s on every course in America.. Their silliness knows no bounds.....LOL!

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

According to golf twitter personality and lawyer Will Bardwell, their withdrawals will have virtually no effect on discovery.

https://twitter.com/willbardwell/status/1574778002843516929?t=51FVrxCTXmkDpioRGLPLqA&s=19

Perhaps the players have, instead of going to Twitter for their legal advice, listened instead to that noted legal authority Greg Norman.  Isn't he the one who told them that their contract with the PGA Tour was unenforceable in the first place?

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

31 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Perhaps the players have, instead of going to Twitter for their legal advice, listened instead to that noted legal authority Greg Norman.  Isn't he the one who told them that their contract with the PGA Tour was unenforceable in the first place?

He indeed did tell them as much. I'm sure they'd been told Greg's legal sources were top notch.

In reality, Greg's legal sources: Trust me bro

Talk about a slap in the face, volunteers @ Sanderson Farms wearing Greg Norman apparel.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-greg-norman-logo-volunteers-173017190.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 hours ago, cleve981 said:

LIV Golf fanatics would simply reply:  "Why not give OWGR points to par 3 contests, they have par 3s on every course in America.. Their silliness knows no bounds.....LOL!

Unlike yours, lol

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

15 hours ago, LICC said:

The tour claims that LIV Golf has executed a campaign to pay its players "astronomical sums of money to induce them to breach their contracts with the Tour in an effort to use the LIV Players and the game of golf to sportswash the recent history of Saudi atrocities and to further the Saudi Public Investment Fund's Vision 2030 initiatives."

Like I told everyone on one of the first pages on here---- Perry Mason type courtroom drama get the pop corn out

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

as far a points to players , every course has a course rating and slope  , points should be awarded depending upon  rating / slope and strength of the field .only 

if i could play with the pros on a course with a course rating of 66 and a slope of 116 i could do pretty good .

if rory m was in a field of 70 golfers and he was the only one that had a world  rating under  70 and he played his avg game he would win at least 19 out of 20 times .

as far as liv getting points , the above things should apply  with only 3/4 of the points being given  .because of only 3 rounds .

also because of liv   playing only 48 golfers points should be awarded to only 1/2 ( top 24 ) scores , that would be like having a cut

liv played rich harvest farms  course in chicago --7600 yds--course rating 78 --slope 151

st andrews --7200 yds --course rating 75.2 ---slope  136

which course should get the most points with a strong field of players  ?

this is not brain surgery .

Edited by shootmyage

14 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Talk about a slap in the face, volunteers @ Sanderson Farms wearing Greg Norman apparel.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-greg-norman-logo-volunteers-173017190.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

That's surprising. I'd refuse to wear it if possible (prob not), so I'd cover the logos myself. YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Like I told everyone on one of the first pages on here---- Perry Mason type courtroom drama get the pop corn out

PGA Tour Countersues LIV Golf, Claiming Interference With Player Contracts...
The legal battle between the PGA Tour and LIV Golf took another twist Wednesday night with the PGA Tour's filing, which seeks damages for lost profits and reputational harm.   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, silver & black said:

This whole thing is just childish. It's making me dislike both of them. I will watch the LPGA over either, at this point.

Yep worse than a bunch of 12 year olds

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

13 hours ago, silver & black said:

This whole thing is just childish. It's making me dislike both of them. I will watch the LPGA over either, at this point.

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep worse than a bunch of 12 year olds

I've watched more LPGA lately, some PGA (bigger events only, e.g. FedEx, Pres Cup) and zero LIV. It's sad how so much ends up in the courts these days, where it takes forever to decide anything, or not. Justice is anything but "swift" any more...and justice delayed is often a very deliberate primary goal.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

12 hours ago, Middler said:

I've watched more LPGA lately, some PGA (bigger events only, e.g. FedEx, Pres Cup) and zero LIV. It's sad how so much ends up in the courts these days, where it takes forever to decide anything, or not. Justice is anything but "swift" any more...and justice delayed is often a very deliberate primary goal.

Or one side trying to run the other side out of money---- Good example in the past Ping vs the USGA--- Trust me those legal sharks do their homework on Finincial status. Yep lawyers on both sides are going to make a bankroll as in billable hours

G

Surprised nobody has mentioned the new "strategic alliance" between liv and the MENA Tour. Personally, I don't understand why they did this with a basically semi defunct tour instead of the Asian tour, but I can appreciate the effort.

https://twitter.com/jcorrigangolf/status/1577642342164488192?s=20&t=Glh8zvDHfMRlcRUe1dtUNw

26 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

I don't understand why they did this with a basically semi defunct tour instead of the Asian tour, but I can appreciate the effort.

Multiple reputable sources reporting the OWGR will deny World Ranking points for MENA events, thus allowing LIV to file a lawsuit against OWGR. Which seems to be the point of using MENA as a proxy to fight a war against OWGR.

29 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Multiple reputable sources reporting the OWGR will deny World Ranking points for MENA events, thus allowing LIV to file a lawsuit against OWGR. Which seems to be the point of using MENA as a proxy to fight a war against OWGR.

Oh, I in no way see this partnership getting them points immediately, but I understand why they did it. I'm also not sure what grounds they'd have for a suit, since there is still no way to qualify for liv and there are no 2022 events scheduled on the MENA tour.

Even if they did get OWGR points, liv would complain about the max 12 points that developmental tours receive in wins.

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

to me the owgr is a pga tour holding , look at the orgs that are on the board , i guess with liv having their back against the wall the have to do something , i'm sick of all the lawsuits . 

The big question is what was on the Mena tour's OWGR application. I would be shocked if there isn't a clause already on the application preventing this bait and switch. I bet OWGR has legalese regarding what happens if a tour decides to make significant changes to its structure, it must re-apply. 

Greg is just trying to set up a good lawsuit. From how the first hearing went on whether to grant a stay for the FedEx Cup, I would be shocked if the PGA Tour and OWGR weren't already prepared for this. If LIV wants to have a chance, it needs to ditch Greg and get a real business leader running the show.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

Oh, I in no way see this partnership getting them points immediately, but I understand why they did it. I'm also not sure what grounds they'd have for a suit, since there is still no way to qualify for liv and there are no 2022 events scheduled on the MENA tour.

Even if they did get OWGR points, liv would complain about the max 12 points that developmental tours receive in wins.

It doesn’t get the LIV tour owgr points but it gives the members a place to play to get them

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

to me the owgr is a pga tour holding , look at the orgs that are on the board , i guess with liv having their back against the wall the have to do something , i'm sick of all the lawsuits . 

If you read the list you clearly saw it’s not just the pga tour. Its the dp tour which is only a partner of the pga tour to help that tour stay somewhat afloat and then it’s other organizations.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

It would be a frivolous lawsuit but that wouldn't stop Norman or his handlers.

OWGR would more likely decertify MENA for changing its format that give the points. MENA was approved as a developmental tour with 72 hole events and other criteria that LIV doesn't follow.