Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

25 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not really.

Pros with exempt status on the PGA get to pick and choose what events they want to play in as long as they meet their obligations for minimum events played based on where they plan to play an event they haven’t in several years or not. This allows them to choose if they want to go overseas or not. The benefits of exempt status.

The fall events don’t carry many FedEx cup points so not a big incentive to play and they don’t get hurt that much if they don’t.

This has always been the case, nothing new.

Liiv is basically an invitational tour that allows all participants to get a paycheck regardless of their success for 3 days. Almost like union jobs where you get if to show up and do the minimum.

I suspect that all LIV fans know exactly what you're saying, and you are correct, but they expect the ruling bodies to conform to them instead of meeting any pesky criteria.

Impressed with Phil so far - all square with Cam Smith with 5 holes to play, and it looks like their match is going to determine which team advances.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Impressed with Phil so far - all square with Cam Smith with 5 holes to play, and it looks like their match is going to determine which team advances.

Cam from 12 feet to win match... Phil may just have well given it to him 🤣.  Nice to see Phil have a good match and particularly against world #2.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I enjoyed watching the first 2 days of this tournament. The (2) 1 on 1 and (1) alternate shot team event is pretty cool. You can tell that the players do actually care if they win or not. It isn’t just an exhibition to them where they don’t care if they do well or not. 
I still hate the microphones inside the cups. I usually play with the flagstick in so I don’t hear the ball rattling around when it goes in the hole. Hearing it on TV is just annoying to me. 
Probably the thing I hate most about watching professional golf (in any league) is when the Player misreads the putt and they miss, then they throw their hands up or point like WTF? They look so dumb. Rahm and Dechambeau do it more than anyone and it drives me insane. 
Speaking of Bryson, I knew that Bridgestone dropped him when he came over to LIV but I figured he would just keep playing their ball. I don’t know when he switched since he hasn’t been on the broadcast much but he is now using a Titleist ball. I couldn’t tell which model he is using. The number was black so it wasn’t a Pro V1X. Anyone know?

Also love to see Bryson isn’t wearing his stupid hat anymore. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

I'm enjoying Liv golf format, tomorrow I'm getting up early 5.15am'ish to catch the start. Strange thing I was rooting for Bryson because I want to see more of Paul Casey, hmmmm being that long don't guarantee you win... so why are we all trying to be longer off the Tee, hmmmm...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

46 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I'm enjoying Liv golf format, tomorrow I'm getting up early 5.15am'ish to catch the start. Strange thing I was rooting for Bryson because I want to see more of Paul Casey, hmmmm being that long don't guarantee you win... so why are we all trying to be longer off the Tee, hmmmm...

Because stats show the closer you are to the hole the better your chances are.

one still has to execute golf shots regardless of how far they hit the ball 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Day 3 starting and I’m still digging the format. Every stroke counts.
Bubba said it best, if he was on the team, he would definitely not want to be the guy who got the worst score. 😂

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Finally someone else has seen the light and and going with the inevitably reality of the future..

The Open will remain OPEN...

IMG_20221031_073249.png

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

Finally someone else has seen the light and and going with the inevitably reality of the future..

IMG_20221031_073249.png

To be fair you could read that statement and say that the R&A is sticking to tradition and remaining a true open championship. Where if you qualify under their terms you get to play. 

I suspect the US Open will do the same. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

50 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

To be fair you could read that statement and say that the R&A is sticking to tradition and remaining a true open championship. Where if you qualify under their terms you get to play. 

I suspect the US Open will do the same. 

Hmmmm not so sure about the US Open, Europe I believe will be more inclusive than the US will. In a few years we'll be saying you remember how Liv got started with all that drama!!.  Unbelievable stupidity lol...

Watched most of the LIV event yesterday. I found the format entertaining and with only 4 teams, that obnoxious leader board display was actually quite helpful. Cut or no cut, there was a lot of drama right up until the final putt. Cam Smith was lights out on what was a very tough course. Who woulda thought Pat Perez could put together a round that was not only fun to watch, but integral to the win for his team! 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

... I wonder how much money media outlets are being paid by the Saudi's for their LIV coverage? Especially the print media. Major championships don't get as much coverage as LIV currently does. I can start to read an email from SI/GOLF and many others where 6 out of 8 articles are about LIV. I don't read them of course because I have no interest in either the Jerry Springer like clickbait or how a no cut, shotgun start, team event is the same as any other Tour. I understand some are interested in LIV but I have to believe even supporters are tired of seeing all the coverage that has nothing to do with actually playing golf. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I'm just happy I didn't have to watch the Butterfield. One thing about the shotgun start, it eliminates that brutal last half hour of golf coverage when there are only 1 or 2 groups left and the flood of commercials and boring commentary. Let alone when you get a playoff and have to wait 15 minutes for it to start. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 10/30/2022 at 2:54 PM, Bang60 said:

IMG_20221031_073249.png

But how do you determine which LIV golfers qualify (other than those already exempted in)? Lots of leeway there to keep most LIV golfers out. 

39 minutes ago, LICC said:

But how do you determine which LIV golfers qualify (other than those already exempted in)? Lots of leeway there to keep most LIV golfers out. 

I predict next summer we will see plenty of LIV players going through the open qualifiers - right along with other players who haven't qualified on points.  Its an OPEN - so anyone can qualify if they play well enough.  They just don't get an automatic qualification, they'll have to go play for it. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

32 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I predict next summer we will see plenty of LIV players going through the open qualifiers - right along with other players who haven't qualified on points.  Its an OPEN - so anyone can qualify if they play well enough.  They just don't get an automatic qualification, they'll have to go play for it. 

This is my thought as well, the Opens will maintain their entry criteria with little or no change.  Even once the LIV gets OWGR points, and I believe they will, they'll be relatively few points, based on field size, 54 holes, relatively weaker fields, no cuts, etc.  So lots of LIV players won't qualify based on OWGR points, and will need to go through all levels of qualifying, starting with the local levels.  Those with exemptions from past wins will still get in, but the rest won't have enough points to avoid the qualifying slog.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

That’s why the players are whining about owgr points. They were ignorant and thought they would be able to play pga and/or do world tour events to earn points. Now that the writing is on the wall those without exemptions will have no choice but to go the qualifying route 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

59 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

This is my thought as well, the Opens will maintain their entry criteria with little or no change.  Even once the LIV gets OWGR points, and I believe they will, they'll be relatively few points, based on field size, 54 holes, relatively weaker fields, no cuts, etc.  So lots of LIV players won't qualify based on OWGR points, and will need to go through all levels of qualifying, starting with the local levels.  Those with exemptions from past wins will still get in, but the rest won't have enough points to avoid the qualifying slog.

Which one will actually go play the qualifiers? Do you see Sergio or Patrick Reed doing that? 

8 minutes ago, LICC said:

Which one will actually go play the qualifiers? Do you see Sergio or Patrick Reed doing that? 

They each have, or had, some level of exemption from Masters wins.  Whether they'll care enough to go through qualifying once those exemptions run out, I have no idea.  But younger players, Gooch comes to mind, may want to give it a shot.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I barely have time to watch PGA tour events.  I'm just not interested in watching a professional event with a shot gun start.  No cuts don't bother me, smaller field, doesn't bother me, 54 holes, for a regular event (non major) is okay.  But I'm not going for a shot gun start.  I don't even like the split tee ones on the PGA tour.  The architect went to great pains to design the course the way he did

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i read that -- cantlay  --  schauffele--pereira--pieters  may going to liv , cantlay has been talked about before ..

if liv can pick up a couple of players like matsuyama , scott , hovland , fowler , liv would be on the move . 

Cantlay & Schauffele are boys. If one goes, it wouldn’t surprise me at all for both to go and join forces on the same team. Those would be big losses for the PGA Tour, Ryder Cup team etc. Could also be a smoke screen from agents, LIV, who knows who to keep the news flow coming.  Makes the “off season” interesting if nothing else. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

10 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Cantlay & Schauffele are boys. If one goes, it wouldn’t surprise me at all for both to go and join forces on the same team. Those would be big losses for the PGA Tour, Ryder Cup team etc. Could also be a smoke screen from agents, LIV, who knows who to keep the news flow coming.  Makes the “off season” interesting if nothing else. 

It wasn't long ago that I was reading that Matsuyama was almost certain to leave.  Then he confirmed he was staying.  I pay just about no attention to rumours of future defections.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

14 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

It wasn't long ago that I was reading that Matsuyama was almost certain to leave.  Then he confirmed he was staying.  I pay just about no attention to rumours of future defections.

i thought matsuyama would go to liv , then i read he is getting around 60 million a year in endorsements  and i think he doubts that he could build a excellent japanese team .

On 10/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, shootmyage said:

c. smith-d.johnson-bryson-koepka-garcia-westwood-ancer-wolff-schwartzel-reed-louis o.-gooch-poulter-niemann-stenson-grace-varner-leishman-tringale-ortiz-na-mcdowell-chacarra -mickelson

chacarra is a very good golfer ,  

i  should have said 20  not 25 A players , 20 was easy but 25 got kind of slow .

Pretty soon you can add Schaufle and Cantlay to that list, at a minimum.  On the international side, Thomas Pieters is also rumored to be going to LIV.  All three of these guys were sure to be Ryder Cup players in 2023.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

5 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i thought matsuyama would go to liv , then i read he is getting around 60 million a year in endorsements  and i think he doubts that he could build a excellent japanese team .

So are you just as certain now that cantlay and schauffle will go, as you were previously about matsuyama?  Rumors are nothing more than hot air, someone wants attention.  Sometimes they come true, sometimes they prove to be wrong.  Speculation is somewhere between useless and foolish.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 10/31/2022 at 10:04 AM, chisag said:

... I wonder how much money media outlets are being paid by the Saudi's for their LIV coverage? Especially the print media. Major championships don't get as much coverage as LIV currently does. I can start to read an email from SI/GOLF and many others where 6 out of 8 articles are about LIV. I don't read them of course because I have no interest in either the Jerry Springer like clickbait or how a no cut, shotgun start, team event is the same as any other Tour. I understand some are interested in LIV but I have to believe even supporters are tired of seeing all the coverage that has nothing to do with actually playing golf. 

Given how negative a lot of the coverage has been (including always referring to LIV golfers as "defectors") I highly doubt they are being paid. I've done some work with media, and across the board all that matters is clicks, regardless of how people feel about the topic. Even if the majority of the people who are clicking those links hate LIV and hope to see it fail, those are still clicks that get them ad revenue. And the fact that you're posting about it in this thread proves that even if you don't like the LIV tour, you're still thinking about it and willing to share your opinion, which is all the media outlets care about.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS