TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

. He used money and lies to get pga players to leave the tour to join liv with them ignorantly believing they wouldn’t lose the ability to play on the pga tour while also being prt of LIV, 

Well to be fair the JURY is yet to decide what the Liv players have lost if anything, AND I've read and watched videos where the players knew what risks were involved and were happy with their decisions. I've also seen in business/war and GOLF you divide and conquer, why is so much strategy involved in selecting which players in our team we select to play against your team. Norman and Co have been around the block a few times so you'll need to rise very early in the morning for a small chance to catch him out, they will see Rorys suggestions as a sign of weakness or another ploy but either way won't work...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

35 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s been discussed in this thread, use the search function. They all were under the impression that they wouldn’t get suspended because Greg told them that. Greg is out for Greg and his agenda. Sorry you are too blind to see it.

And her he’s hasn’t told them to not pay him or returned the money has been paid or better yet given it all to charity.

you keep posting yet say nothing useful in this thread 

Greg may have spoken of the possibility of suspension but until a Judge decides what happens you can't say the Liv players are suspended its a guessing game, ...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

could you put up the link , i can't find it anywhere , i even googled and could not find it ,thanks

You tried search and didn’t find it? I found it without really trying. What Greg said in Feb, and yet every defector was/is still suspended from the PGA. He was full of sh__ until proven otherwise.

Greg Norman, the CEO of LIV Golf, was busy crafting a memo to send to various players and agents. Its title was direct: PGA Tour Cannot Ban Players Who Join LIV Golf. 

“We encourage you to request the PGA Tour provide you with these threats in writing and written opinions of its outside counsel that these bans are legal and enforceable,” Norman wrote. “It would not surprise us if the Tour is unwilling to do so.”

https://golf.com/news/greg-norman-pga-tour-ban-players-response/

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Well to be fair the JURY is yet to decide what the Liv players have lost if anything, AND I've read and watched videos where the players knew what risks were involved and were happy with their decisions. I've also seen in business/war and GOLF you divide and conquer, why is so much strategy involved in selecting which players in our team we select to play against your team. Norman and Co have been around the block a few times so you'll need to rise very early in the morning for a small chance to catch him out, they will see Rorys suggestions as a sign of weakness or another ploy but either way won't work...

You aren’t living in reality. We already know what they’ve lost. Several have had sponsorships cancelled, we know where they are in the world rankings which you can see for yourself here

so they’ve lost money with the lost of sponsorships and those without exemptions are losing the chance to play in WGC everts and majors.

https://www.owgr.com/current-world-ranking

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Greg may have spoken of the possibility of suspension but until a Judge decides what happens you can't say the Liv players are suspended its a guessing game, ...

Well the reality is they are suspended. None of the suspended players can play on a tour event at this moment. That’s a suspension. The judges ruling isn’t expected for quite sometime so without an injunction they are no longer allowed to play on the pga tour until the commissioner lifts their suspension. 

you tired but failed at the argument 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Something that is important to keep in mind is the trial literally could take several years to clear up. I highly recommend listening to the NLU pod where they have a lawyer go over the process and what is normal in these types of cases. She specializes in the type of law which this is surrounding and explains it very well. They have a second lawyer as well in another pod which goes over similar issues with how long this could take and goes into some other insights. It shouldn't be hard to find, but here is a screenshot for it. 
image.png

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 hours ago, shootmyage said:

what would be useful ? that i hate liv and i will never watch it but i will say how bad it is , i hate 54 holes of golf  and no cut , liv should never get points  , i am so happy now that i am in the click .

We are all for healthy debate here. LIV is a divisive topic and one that there is very little middle ground on. 

Greg Norman has repeatedly lied to his LIV players about various things whether it was in his pitch to get them to go or where they currently stand in OWGR. Had Norman been correct in everything he told them the LIV portion of play would just be an add on to their schedule and you would have seen LIV players at regular events, including the FedEx Cup. They would also have OWGR points already secured. 

I am not a LIV fan, but can see where some come from and enjoy it. It definitely is not for me, however a large portion of that is to do with how they present themselves. Very arrogant, bullish, pushy and abrasive. I believe these are all things within Gregs personality has rubbed off on the players. 

There is a lot of evidence of the wrong or improper things Greg has said or told players he has brought over and I feel for the early adopters of LIV who have now been cast aside for larger names. 

That being said reports are swirling that Greg could be on the outs: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055328-report-greg-norman-could-be-out-as-liv-golf-ceo-ex-taylormade-exec-mark-king-linked So maybe that will help their brand if it comes true. LIV is denying these reports for the record. 

Also PGA Tour has done nothing wrong not allowing those players to play on their tour. The rules were simple, you can go and play LIV if you want. Nobody is stopping you, however don't expect to come back. 

For me where I have hesitation in reading your posts is one, you simply only post in this thread. Fair enough if this is the only golf topic that interests you here, however the forum has a lot more to offer and I would encourage you to seek out other threads if you have other golfing areas of interests. Second and is fine as you can state your opinion, however there is little support to arguments made. Whether it is continually on the Hideki train saying he will leave and create his own Japanese team or ignoring what has been reported, shown (see Greg Normans plea at congress) along with other things that are highly speculative or not even being reported on. Again which you can post, that is up to you, however it gives me hesitation in reading them. 

I will say that on this forum this conversation around LIV has been very civil and for the most part productive even if the same conversations keep happening over and over. I wouldn't want to know the response or reception you would receive if you posted many of these same things on other golfing forums. 

I am very hesitant to post in this thread anymore. I have stated where I stand and will chime in when necessary as I am now, however would encourage anyone to do a search whether in this thread or on google to see if they can find some answers prior to posting what could be false absolute statements. 

Opinions are welcomed, but recognize with a topic like LIV there are going to be strong feelings on both sides so don't expect the warm and cuddly responses that are often found in other places on the forum. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

There are 2-3 willfully ignorant posters devoted to this thread. That and the fact I’m not interested in LIV makes it easy to ignore. I don’t read/follow this thread often, I only check in occasionally to see if anything significant happens - OWGR, majors, sponsorships, TV, etc. The rest is unfounded speculation and noise…

”Never argue with a fool; viewers may not notice the difference.”

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We are all for healthy debate here. LIV is a divisive topic and one that there is very little middle ground on. 

Greg Norman has repeatedly lied to his LIV players about various things whether it was in his pitch to get them to go or where they currently stand in OWGR. Had Norman been correct in everything he told them the LIV portion of play would just be an add on to their schedule and you would have seen LIV players at regular events, including the FedEx Cup. They would also have OWGR points already secured. 

I am not a LIV fan, but can see where some come from and enjoy it. It definitely is not for me, however a large portion of that is to do with how they present themselves. Very arrogant, bullish, pushy and abrasive. I believe these are all things within Gregs personality has rubbed off on the players. 

There is a lot of evidence of the wrong or improper things Greg has said or told players he has brought over and I feel for the early adopters of LIV who have now been cast aside for larger names. 

That being said reports are swirling that Greg could be on the outs: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055328-report-greg-norman-could-be-out-as-liv-golf-ceo-ex-taylormade-exec-mark-king-linked So maybe that will help their brand if it comes true. LIV is denying these reports for the record. 

Also PGA Tour has done nothing wrong not allowing those players to play on their tour. The rules were simple, you can go and play LIV if you want. Nobody is stopping you, however don't expect to come back. 

For me where I have hesitation in reading your posts is one, you simply only post in this thread. Fair enough if this is the only golf topic that interests you here, however the forum has a lot more to offer and I would encourage you to seek out other threads if you have other golfing areas of interests. Second and is fine as you can state your opinion, however there is little support to arguments made. Whether it is continually on the Hideki train saying he will leave and create his own Japanese team or ignoring what has been reported, shown (see Greg Normans plea at congress) along with other things that are highly speculative or not even being reported on. Again which you can post, that is up to you, however it gives me hesitation in reading them. 

I will say that on this forum this conversation around LIV has been very civil and for the most part productive even if the same conversations keep happening over and over. I wouldn't want to know the response or reception you would receive if you posted many of these same things on other golfing forums. 

I am very hesitant to post in this thread anymore. I have stated where I stand and will chime in when necessary as I am now, however would encourage anyone to do a search whether in this thread or on google to see if they can find some answers prior to posting what could be false absolute statements. 

Opinions are welcomed, but recognize with a topic like LIV there are going to be strong feelings on both sides so don't expect the warm and cuddly responses that are often found in other places on the forum. 

i agree with at least 95% of what you said , i strongly agree and always have that players that went to liv should not be playing a pga tour event  , but a golf open is what the name imployes  ( us open -the open -pga champ - the masters is a different story ) ,the owgr thing will be worked out in the courts .

as far as norman , i am sure sa wanted someone that had no ties to any tour in the world , the did get the right person .

as far as me not posting on mgs other subjects i post a lot on wrx about normal golf  , ,i like others love mgs golf test and reviews .

i think everyone knows if the pga had enacted the big money changes 2 years ago there would be no liv .

25 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

i agree with at least 95% of what you said , i strongly agree and always have that players that went to liv should not be playing a pga tour event  , but a golf open is what the name imployes  ( us open -the open -pga champ - the masters is a different story ) ,the owgr thing will be worked out in the courts .

as far as norman , i am sure sa wanted someone that had no ties to any tour in the world , the did get the right person .

as far as me not posting on mgs other subjects i post a lot on wrx about normal golf  , ,i like others love mgs golf test and reviews .

i think everyone knows if the pga had enacted the big money changes 2 years ago there would be no liv .

PGA and Masters are not "open" championships. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

if i was a member of the pga and went thru the local qual and made it i could play the pga championship , so can the liv players that are not exemo  , i have said this before  , if they are good enough and a club pto somewhere

i did not say the masters was a " open " , i said it was another story it be decided by the masters not the  pga tour .. 

Edited by shootmyage

38 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

if i was a member of the pga and went thru the local qual and made it i could play the pga championship , so can the liv players that are not exemo  , i have said this before  , if they are good enough and a club pto somewhere

i did not say the masters was a " open " , i said it was another story it be decided by the masters not the  pga tour .. 

it’s already been said by the 4 majors that as of now none are being denied access to play in the majors.

the players already know what they have to do for the 3 opens and pga championship. None of those not exempt already for the masters will be out of luck to get an invite. 

Another post that adds nothing to the thread and just states already knows facts 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

it’s already been said by the 4 majors that as of now none are being denied access to play in the majors.

the players already know what they have to do for the 3 opens and pga championship. None of those not exempt already for the masters will be out of luck to get an invite. 

Another post that adds nothing to the thread and just states already knows facts 

i was answering to the above post that was not true  to what i said , i never said they were opens  , but i guess new members on this forum with few posts are always wrong , to me addressing a wrong is not adding nothing .  

Edited by shootmyage

18 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

i was answering to the above post that was not true  to what i said , i never said they were opens  , 

You missed the point of the reply. You said what you would do as a player for the pga championships. It literally what any player would have to do whether they are part of liv or not. 

I think Liv and Pga are watching and waiting to see what's happening next year with their respective tours, which tour has the best start and then I think they will make decisions of who's top dog and they then join forces or one absorb the other...

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

I think Liv and Pga are watching and waiting to see what's happening next year with their respective tours, which tour has the best start and then I think they will make decisions of who's top dog and they then join forces or one absorb the other...

Nah, LIV and the Pgatour are two different products. The Tour is fine and will remain so. LIV is a gimmick tour and will struggle to maintain relevance. 

1 minute ago, cleve981 said:

Nah, LIV and the Pgatour are two different products. The Tour is fine and will remain so. LIV is a gimmick tour and will struggle to maintain relevance. 

Don’t agree, the present pga tour takes way too long. A lot of guys at my club are bored with the pga and you only see a few players, we like seeing a lot more players and the 3days play is long enough for us…

Mid next year we will know…

5 hours ago, cleve981 said:

The under reported and kinda tbd with Liv is viewer numbers. They were so low! If it was a tv show it would be cancelled after the first few episodes. 

Now they had to pay to get on a network (unheard of for sports) so those numbers may be the most telling. 

Liv golf seems like the match series to me. Had some story and intrigue at the beginning and now I completely forget it's even going on unless i see something here about it. 

They have to funds to sustain themselves for a long time. However will any of these current players see s second contract? 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Don’t agree, the present pga tour takes way too long. A lot of guys at my club are bored with the pga and you only see a few players, we like seeing a lot more players and the 3days play is long enough for us…

You must not read the internet very much. The pga tour wants nothing to do with liv and has counter sued them.

Norman wants nothing to do with the pga tour and for the most part the dp world tour is set out to destroy their business.

There is no negotiating at this point and there probably wouldn’t have been any at the very onset when the saudis wanted to start liv.

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The under reported and kinda tbd with Liv is viewer numbers. They were so low! If it was a tv show it would be cancelled after the first few episodes. 

Now they had to pay to get on a network (unheard of for sports) so those numbers may be the most telling. 

Liv golf seems like the match series to me. Had some story and intrigue at the beginning and now I completely forget it's even going on unless i see something here about it. 

They have to funds to sustain themselves for a long time. However will any of these current players see s second contract? 

I think that LIV will have a TV contract next year (2023) and if it remains free the viewership will go up. Keep in mind that the goal is not to make money, it's to make the pgatour a feeder tour. They seem to think that by taking most of their top players will achieve that goal.

LIV has created a fanatical following, that cannot be denied based on this thread alone. Will the general public adapt to team golf is the question. Will some billionaire buy a team?

The RC & PC is hugely popular, but that's because they're once every two years.

As far as contracts go....I think that if LIV makes it to the fifth year, they'll pick up most player's option.

9 hours ago, Bang60 said:

You do know that you guys can watch the PGATOUR on Fri, Sat, Sun/

Tournament golf shows the players playing well, that's usually the ones on the first page.

Showing random shots brings nothing the broadcast.

8 hours ago, cleve981 said:

I think that LIV will have a TV contract next year (2023) and if it remains free the viewership will go up. Keep in mind that the goal is not to make money, it's to make the pgatour a feeder tour. They seem to think that by taking most of their top players will achieve that goal.

The pga tour isn’t going to be a feeder tour for liv. The majority of guys who jumped are journeyman or past their prime and don’t compete on a regular basis on the tour. Yes someone like cam smith potentially dj and Bryson would still be competitive on tour but that’s about it.

they aren’t going to be stealing more pga tour members that matter as those guys would have jumped already. 

8 hours ago, cleve981 said:

LIV has created a fanatical following, that cannot be denied based on this thread alone. Will the general public adapt to team golf is the question. Will some billionaire buy a team?

A fanatical following? They are paying to have their stuff broadcast that’s not a fanatical following. If they had one networks would be paying them to show it

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Legal wrangling. It will get resubmitted. I don’t know if it has any merit, or what the REAL point of the lawsuit might be, but it’s not quite over yet. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Just now, MGoBlue100 said:

Legal wrangling. It will get resubmitted. I don’t know if it has any merit, or what the REAL point of the lawsuit might be, but it’s not quite over yet. 

Yeah he can resubmit, but from the sounds of the ruling he needs to rethink it all and was suggested he change tactic so it may have any standing else it will get tossed again. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 11/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yeah he can resubmit, but from the sounds of the ruling he needs to rethink it all and was suggested he change tactic so it may have any standing else it will get tossed again. 

... Suing any media or media representative for reporting or commenting on a public figure is a really tough course of action to prove the intent was: 

"engage in a pattern and practice of defaming Mr. Reed, misreporting information with actual knowledge of falsity and/or reckless disregard of the truth, that is with actual and constitutional malice, purposely omitting pertinent key material facts to mislead the public, and actively targeting Mr. Reed since he was 23 years old, to destroy his reputation, create hate, and a hostile work environment for him, with the intention to discredit his name" 

... Many have been called much worse than anything said about Reed as well as going as far back as college and his team mates said he cheated and they just didn't like him. I thought his "Captain America" RC actions were embarrassing for the US team. I always find it interesting that the good guys that don't deserve it never sue when maligned, but the bad guys are constantly threatening legal action because evidently none of them own mirrors.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

23 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Interesting point of view which is where I'm at with this Liv drama, those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Just saying...

IMG_20221120_152412.png

You pushed into politics with that post, but suffice to say the whataboutism argument to excuse the selling out to the Saudis is awfully weak. 

5 hours ago, LICC said:

You pushed into politics with that post, but suffice to say the whataboutism argument to excuse the selling out to the Saudis is awfully weak. 

Politics is it wow you see alot in one person's opinion or was it because I agree with it, I don't agree with people who say "do as I say not as I do" or "it's ok if Billy Bob does it but you can't".....

46 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Politics is it wow you see alot in one person's opinion or was it because I agree with it, I don't agree with people who say "do as I say not as I do" or "it's ok if Billy Bob does it but you can't".....

Anything that brings in the funding of LIV is on the line. We removed the header, but ask that we do our best to stick to the golf, events and golfers. 

Discussion that leads to where the money is coming from and so on leads to conversations that do not apply to this forum and has been discussed when LIV first started. 

Not that what you posted was wrong. 

This is more just another note that we are mainly a golfing forum and for the LIV conversation we avoid discussion of the backing of LIV as there are very strong opinions on it which has lead to us locking the thread for periods of time prior.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW