Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

1 hour ago, LICC said:

Patrick Reed continuing his cheating ways at the DP event sure didn't represent LIV well. He is a piece of work. 

Haters gonna hate.  Seems all involved, including McIlroy, agreed it was a correct ruling.  

https://www.si.com/golf/news/slow-motion-video-fuels-patrick-reed-penalty-controversy-in-dubai

I can't help but think the grounds crew sent someone up the palm tree after the event was over. Will the result be kept under wraps?  Maybe we'll find out Justine paid off the Arborist for planting a clone.  Will Brandel request a Senate investigation to get to the bottom of Dubai's palm tree-gate?  Stay tuned.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Haters gonna hate.  Seems all involved, including McIlroy, agreed it was a correct ruling.  

https://www.si.com/golf/news/slow-motion-video-fuels-patrick-reed-penalty-controversy-in-dubai

I can't help but think the grounds crew sent someone up the palm tree after the event was over. Will the result be kept under wraps?  Maybe we'll find out Justine paid off the Arborist for planting a clone.  Will Brandel request a Senate investigation to get to the bottom of Dubai's palm tree-gate?  Stay tuned.

Didn't watch and the only real thing I can add is that trouble and these situations seem to follow him all told often. Started beginning of the week and continued. 

There is a lot of drama surrounding LIV before it's even started year 2 and cant help but think it will continue. 

It's been a while since I've seen much news or information that paints LIV in even the slightest bit of positive light.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

37 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There is a lot of drama surrounding LIV before it's even started year 2 and cant help but think it will continue. 

It's been a while since I've seen much news or information that paints LIV in even the slightest bit of positive light.

The questioning of how Reed proceeded with the ball in the tree has NOTHING to do with LIV. As it was during a DP event.  There were officials, players, and people providing input and based in all accounts Reed proceeded correctly. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The questioning of how Reed proceeded with the ball in the tree has NOTHING to do with LIV. As it was during a DP event.  There were officials, players, and people providing input and based in all accounts Reed proceeded correctly. 

Agree completely. The situation itself is not LIV related. For better or worse players on LIV paying DP events will have that air around them. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Didn't watch and the only real thing I can add is that trouble and these situations seem to follow him all told often. Started beginning of the week and continued. 

We generally don't find positives in things we don't like.  I've tried to keep an open mind about LIV and find some aspects of the new format pretty good and some take it or leave it.  I do think this year will be the one that decides whether its here for the long haul or simply a Tommy Tutone. 

You have to admit the Reed/McIlroy match-up provided great theatre.  I was actually surprised Rory played in the event.  While a DP Tour stop and not LIV origin money (so far as we know 😆), I would have thought he'd just snub the region vs. helping generate revenue for them. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm just happy 2 of the rounds are going to be on TV.  I will be watching, many of those players are the ones I tuned in to watch, and just enjoy watching regardless of how they are playing.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

The questioning of how Reed proceeded with the ball in the tree has NOTHING to do with LIV. As it was during a DP event.

... Considering Reed was asked by DP not to wear LIV attire and LIV logo's but he did anyway, I would say it always has something to do with LIV. Had he not been wearing LIV clothing and logo's I would agree with you. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

We generally don't find positives in things we don't like.  I've tried to keep an open mind about LIV and find some aspects of the new format pretty good and some take it or leave it.  I do think this year will be the one that decides whether its here for the long haul or simply a Tommy Tutone. 

You have to admit the Reed/McIlroy match-up provided great theatre.  I was actually surprised Rory played in the event.  While a DP Tour stop and not LIV origin money (so far as we know 😆), I would have thought he'd just snub the region vs. helping generate revenue for them. 

There are varying factors to why many were at those events. Some signed contracts previously, some need Ryder Cup points and so on. 

I think where I fall is LIV is what it is, to me it's like the XFL of golf. It's there and will be. I won't likely watch. I do like the idea of teams.. that I could get on board with. 

What I don't like is the double dipping players are trying to do and the lawsuit stuff which has muddied the waters. For all those who went, good luck. Enjoy it. The schedule looks tough for travelling! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It wasn't the tree that he hit the ball into. He lied when he said he was 100% sure it was his ball. Anyone else would have went back and hit 3 off the tee. The guy can't stop cheating. Moving sand, tapping down rough, pretending a ball was embedded. Just a bad guy.

Edited by LICC

1 hour ago, stuka44 said:

I'm just happy 2 of the rounds are going to be on TV.  I will be watching, many of those players are the ones I tuned in to watch, and just enjoy watching regardless of how they are playing.

I agree with this statement. I really liked watching Cam Smith last year, and I've always been a DJ fan, so I am looking forward to getting some more opportunities to watch them outside of Majors

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I don’t have much of a problem watching them. I enjoy the shotgun start and wraparound coverage. I wish and hope the quality of teams and players steps up a bit more, some of the teams weren’t competitive at all. Also will be interesting if teams start trading players and selling rights to OEMs, although I think that may be dependent on how well this tv deal goes

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I read the highlights from an interview with Harry Higgs recently that said something to the effect that LIV took all the villains from the PGA Tour. People loved to hate Bryson, Brooks & Reed and now the PGAs become kinda Jordan Spieth vanilla. I haven't watched any of the first 3 PGA events this year, but did tune for a bit of the DP event just for the Rory/Reed drama. Maybe there is something to Monsieur Higgs hypothesis. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

12 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I don’t have much of a problem watching them. I enjoy the shotgun start and wraparound coverage. I wish and hope the quality of teams and players steps up a bit more, some of the teams weren’t competitive at all. Also will be interesting if teams start trading players and selling rights to OEMs, although I think that may be dependent on how well this tv deal goes

It will be interesting to see how it changes now that it is on a network and where commercials are and if some of that benefit from being on youtube is now gone. 

As for trading I thought they had said they expected a lot more, but nothing so far has happened. May it is just later in the season that it may pick up? Either way if no real trades happen I think we can move on from that aspect of it. Agree the teams should be a little more balanced. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It will be interesting to see how it changes now that it is on a network and where commercials are and if some of that benefit from being on youtube is now gone. 

As for trading I thought they had said they expected a lot more, but nothing so far has happened. May it is just later in the season that it may pick up? Either way if no real trades happen I think we can move on from that aspect of it. Agree the teams should be a little more balanced. 

Seems like for now it's going to be more "free agent" focused. Will be interesting to see what team Munoz joins, and I've seen stories of some LIV golfers trying to recruit their countrymen to join their teams.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS