Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

6 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

You have to search for “livgolfplus” and it pops up. I have it on my iPad and phone now. It SEEMS like it will stream the event plus it has archives of last years rounds as well. 

It is weird that you can stream it from the app but that isn’t the weirdest thing about LIV.

Is it going to be carried by CW today and weekend?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Is it going to be carried by CW today and weekend?

Saturday and Sunday on the CW app and tv channel.    Today on the CW app.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/golf/news/liv-golf-mexico-tee-times-tv-coverage-live-streams/dhsnw1xdidzstiolv9ccbsny

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Saturday and Sunday on the CW app and tv channel.    Today on the CW app.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/golf/news/liv-golf-mexico-tee-times-tv-coverage-live-streams/dhsnw1xdidzstiolv9ccbsny

Thanks, I may check in on it over the weekend.  I hope it doesn’t preempt “Cheaters”😂

Rick

Left Hand, 

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Thanks, I may check in on it over the weekend.  I hope it doesn’t preempt “Cheaters”😂

It's streaming on CW today as well.

https://www.cwtv.com/live/liv-golf-mayakoba/

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

You have to search for “livgolfplus” and it pops up. I have it on my iPad and phone now. It SEEMS like it will stream the event plus it has archives of last years rounds as well. 

It is weird that you can stream it from the app but that isn’t the weirdest thing about LIV.

If you really can stream it from the app within the US, it wouldn’t surprise me if this is an “oversight.”

Were I the CW exec who agreed to the broadcasting rights contract, I’m pretty sure I’d be pissed.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

1 hour ago, Mike B said:

Do we really need this on this website?

Do you mean the topic of LIV? Or?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Mike B said:

Do we really need this on this website?

This is a general golf forum, so if you are implying the LIV thread, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be on here. Everyone has varying opinions on the subject, but it’s certainly relevant to the forum. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

6 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

This is a general golf forum, so if you are implying the LIV thread, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be on here. Everyone has varying opinions on the subject, but it’s certainly relevant to the forum. 

... I agree and it gets very little attention as I think many of us posted our very strong opinions early on. What I do find irritating is the golf magazines and other publications that have about a 75% content of LIV. Kinda like the LIV Housewives of Saudi Arabia and they are banking on both sides being unhappy. Why can't it co-exist opposed to why would anyone condone it? I will read some opinions here but refuse to read or look at any click bait story about LIV. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

LIV Housewives … 😂

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

31 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I agree and it gets very little attention as I think many of us posted our very strong opinions early on. What I do find irritating is the golf magazines and other publications that have about a 75% content of LIV. Kinda like the LIV Housewives of Saudi Arabia and they are banking on both sides being unhappy. Why can't it co-exist opposed to why would anyone condone it? I will read some opinions here but refuse to read or look at any click bait story about LIV. 

If Liv survived this year and it’s player Tee it up at the Masters and other majors it’s a done deal, plus golf course promoters are talking about tournaments with Liv and Pga players together and men’s ladies 3day events. Can’t beat them so join them..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, chisag said:

Agreed. Everyone has their own truth and opinion on it, which doesn’t bother me either way. If you’re for it, fine, if you’re against it, also fine. I personally like watching DJ and Cam Smith play golf. I’ve always been a big DJ fan so I am glad to be able to see him in more than just majors. 

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, Jnoble89 said:

Agreed. Everyone has their own truth and opinion on it, which doesn’t bother me either way. If you’re for it, fine, if you’re against it, also fine. I personally like watching DJ and Cam Smith play golf. I’ve always been a big DJ fan so I am glad to be able to see him in more than just majors. 

...  I could be wrong but I don't ever think these two tours will ever co-exist. Most of us draw our line in the sand, pun intended.  For more than a few reasons I will never watch any LIV event but I have no problem at all with someone else's desire to watch. One of the things that has this country in so much turmoil is expecting others to see things the way we see them. If you are going to embrace the concept of freedom, that means you have to respect the opinions of those you disagree with. 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

...  I could be wrong but I don't ever think these two tours will ever co-exist. Most of us draw our line in the sand, pun intended.  For more than a few reasons I will never watch any LIV event but I have no problem at all with someone else's desire to watch. One of the things that has this country in so much turmoil is expecting others to see things the way we see them. If you are going to embrace the concept of freedom, that means you have to respect the opinions of those you disagree with. 

There are some major roadblocks that would need to be cleared before these two could ever cooperate together. None of which will seemingly be settled anytime soon. Not to mention the lawsuits that are going back and forth left and right. 

They can co exist, but one will likely always have the lesser talent pool and if anything the divide has just gotten greater since this whole thing began.  

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 hours ago, Bang60 said:

If Liv survived this year and it’s player Tee it up at the Masters and other majors it’s a done deal, plus golf course promoters are talking about tournaments with Liv and Pga players together and men’s ladies 3day events. Can’t beat them so join them..

That depends on how you define “survive”. As a business matter it sure didn’t survive. It took enormous losses. It’s going to take enormous losses again this year. It’s being kept alive by its funders who don’t care about losses yet. 
I’m guessing the CW ratings for the year will be pretty bad. The question is how long will LIV’s backers be ok taking losses in the hope or expectation it becomes successful at some point. 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are some major roadblocks that would need to be cleared before these two could ever cooperate together. None of which will seemingly be settled anytime soon. Not to mention the lawsuits that are going back and forth left and right. 

They can co exist, but one will likely always have the lesser talent pool and if anything the divide has just gotten greater since this whole thing began.  

The divide has gotten greater among whom? The relationships with major championships has progressed; and I perceive a softening of the criticisms from the players. Even attitude among the media and average fan seem to at least stayed the same. Where has the divide broadened lately? My view is the divide is narrowing somewhat. 

Edited by Dog Faced Pony Soldier

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 w/ LA Golf DJ Signature Series (65-4)

3w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

5w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

7w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

4i-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

54º: :vokey-small: SM9 D Grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5vB w/ LA Golf P-Series SOHO 

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x  play #45

Ball mark: Kraken Golf - Revolver, Weight Plate, Turntable

Tracked and scored by :Arccos: 

13 minutes ago, LICC said:

That depends on how you define “survive”. As a business matter it sure didn’t survive. It took enormous losses. It’s going to take enormous losses again this year. It’s being kept alive by its funders who don’t care about losses yet. 
I’m guessing the CW ratings for the year will be pretty bad. The question is how long will LIV’s backers be ok taking losses in the hope or expectation it becomes successful at some point. 

If I may use a pun… This is par for the course in business. Becoming profitable in the first year of existence is not common; and definitely not expected in this case. 

Edited by Dog Faced Pony Soldier

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 w/ LA Golf DJ Signature Series (65-4)

3w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

5w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

7w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

4i-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

54º: :vokey-small: SM9 D Grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5vB w/ LA Golf P-Series SOHO 

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x  play #45

Ball mark: Kraken Golf - Revolver, Weight Plate, Turntable

Tracked and scored by :Arccos: 

7 minutes ago, Dog Faced Pony Soldier said:

The divide has gotten greater among whom? The relationships with major championships has progressed; and I perceive a softening of the criticisms from the players. Even attitude among the media and average fan seem to at least stayed the same. Where has the divide broadened lately? My view is the divide is narrowing somewhat. 

Majors don't really have much to do with it. They allowed LIV last year and will continue... As they should. 

Sure ppl may not have that same reaction towards LIV as when it first game out, but the hype isn't there either so it's lost some of it's sparkle. 

I guess where I am coming from is the two sides seem to be further apart due to Greg Norman. He wants nothing to do with the PGA other than to see of crumble. PGA wants nothing to do with Greg and he keeps gaining more power and responsibility. So that is where my thought process was.

Also think many are just tired of arguing the same points so that leads to less of a perceived divide.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

When talking about co-existing, I think it is certainly possible, but I can also see it being very similar to the NFL and XFL relationship. People love football, but they love watching their team or the big name guys. LIV has pulled some of those names, but they don’t have the same star power as the PGA and most likely never will. 

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, Dog Faced Pony Soldier said:

If I may use a pun… This is par for the course in business. Becoming profitable in the first year of existence is not common; and definitely not expected in this case. 

Yes and no. But either way, you can’t judge that the business survived when it is in massive losses. 

LONG LIVE LIV GOLF 🙂 LOVE IT If you really want to understand the structure and where its going read SIsports article

Not sure if allowed to ad link ... so here is partial to search si.com   liv-golf-teams-are-for-sale-daily-cover

The market will decide ... like any new investment and I'm sure there are very rich dudes out there who love the sport enough to

probably invest ... it does have potential world wide.

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

5 hours ago, LICC said:

Yes and no. But either way, you can’t judge that the business survived when it is in massive losses. 

Maybe they forecast bigger losses???

therefore they’ve survived…

With every one focused on Greg I think they’ve taken their eyes 👀 off the rest, but really I just can’t believe so many think Greg Norman an Aussie can control Saudi Arabia 😂😂😂 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Heard yesterday on local radio station an ad for LIV on CW for weekend.  Took me by surprise.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Heard yesterday on local radio station an ad for LIV on CW for weekend.  Took me by surprise.

... What I find interesting is I have never seen or heard anything about LIV other than on a golf forum or in an email. Now granted even paired with strangers on the golf course Pro/Am golf rarely comes up but when it does it is LPGA, Champions, PGA and College. I have a group of maybe 10 guys and one wife I regularly play with and none of them have ever mentioned LIV. 

Got home after out with SWMBO and had TV choices;    

Honda Classic  
LIV golf   
LPGA      
UCONN Men Bball    
UCONN Women’s Bball   
Sox vs Braves MLB

Flipped thru all but mostly watched Baseball with Honda 2nd.  A bit disappointed with LIV Broadcast couldn’t get into it.  My opinion too much camera time on 3 announcers and a bit disjointed reporting.  Just my opinion and as my wife says I’m wrong a lot….

Rick

Left Hand, 

Ok so no comment on the article .... seems there are a few nay naysayers, its good for golf ...After running a business I just hope they succeed and I hope we Canadian's end up with a Team ... then I would really cheer them on.  my wife love's it just 3 hrs and its done... I get to do more chores lol I have a team in Draftking was hoping for Cam Smith to really be up there ... mind you still a day to go. Go Ripper Go 🙂

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Got home after out with SWMBO and had TV choices;    

Honda Classic  
LIV golf   
LPGA      
UCONN Men Bball    
UCONN Women’s Bball   
Sox vs Braves MLB

Flipped thru all but mostly watched Baseball with Honda 2nd.  A bit disappointed with LIV Broadcast couldn’t get into it.  My opinion too much camera time on 3 announcers and a bit disjointed reporting.  Just my opinion and as my wife says I’m wrong a lot….

Yeah wifey does it too 😂

Just watched Day 2 highlights on YouTube and had some random observations:

• Because of the shotgun format, I couldn’t follow how the shots mattered since there’s no real context consistently conveyed, as in, someone might be climbing the leaderboard, but I couldn’t tell how many holes are left to play.
  • Royalty-free house music, players wearing shorts, and casual conversation during shots at certain greens gave me the impression that mics were set up at the open bar overlooking a couple of the greens of a resort club’s tourist tourney.
  • One of LIV’s slogans is Golf but louder kinda took on a new meaning, since fans—though hardly shown on screen—were well heard due to their proximity to the mics.
  • Ian, Brooks, Bryson, Kevin, Louis each had one highlight included, but not sure why it was important to show them. Was it for recognition? If so, where was Phil? I think Lee had at least three birdies, where were his highlights?
  • Several clips of Cameron Smith, finished seven shots behind the leader.
  • Not really clear if there’s any strategy involved regarding team play. One is leading, others are not.
  • Currently what’s missing for me is a sense of story or drama.

Today’s highlights from PGA Honda Classic were also released within the same timeframe. As a comparison, at the time of posting:

• No. of subscribers to LIVGolf‘s YT channel: 255K
  • No. of views: 27K
  • No. of likes: 500+
  • No. of subscribers to PGA’s YT channel: 1.11M
  • No. of views: 42K
  • No. of likes: 450+

About the teams …

I think I might find it more interesting if it were set up more as team vs. team instead of the current format, sort like mini Ryder cups. 

Again, the drama does seem to lack.

WITB 2024

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-qualifying-school-tournament-relegation-2024

May have been posted already, but another step forward for them being OWGR compliant.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW