Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

On 4/4/2023 at 2:13 PM, Reed all about it said:

18 LIV golfers in the field. I think at least 10 bow out after friday. Only 1 or 2 finish top 15. None of which in the top 10. 

This isn't aging well.

Cobra Rad Speed XB,Taylor Made PSI 4 iron, Wishon EQ1-NX 5-GW, Mizuno T22 SW,LW, M-Craft VI putter, OnCOre Elixr Matte Green

Lots of people were questioning if the LIV players were up to playing the masters due to lack of playing "competitive" golf on the PGA tour.   In my opinion,  they seem to be performing pretty well against their peers.  

image.png.579b2a9ba4c49f45c5c7defd5dd84df4.png

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Lots of people were questioning if the LIV players were up to playing the masters due to lack of playing "competitive" golf on the PGA tour.   In my opinion,  they seem to be performing pretty well against their peers.  

image.png.579b2a9ba4c49f45c5c7defd5dd84df4.png

Especially Phil, didn’t think he would do well.  Disappointed in DJ.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

47 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

to the  liv haters , you were correct-- they  can't play 18 holes -- they can't play with the best world ranked players --they

are too old , bk 's wheels did fall off  , jr did play a great game all 4 rounds .

Phil really came thru, Reed gave it a good run and Brooks looked tired at the end but did well.   
I don’t think anyone could beat Rahmbo today, he was on a mission.

Rick

Left Hand, 

50 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Phil really came thru, Reed gave it a good run and Brooks looked tired at the end but did well.   

because rahm has such a simple swing i don't think anyone can beat him when hes on . he is putting much better than he was until odyssey came along

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Actually I'm surprised that Phil delivered today, but he did what he said he was feeling that he's really close to low numbers WOW 7 under. Looking fwd to his next game...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 4/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, Rickp said:

Especially Phil, didn’t think he would do well.  Disappointed in DJ.

I was more disappointed in Rory than DJ...thats probably related to me picking Rory as one of my three choices to win.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

LIV guys made a pretty good showing and I hope put the "exhibition golfers can't compete against the PGA" tired argument to bed. Rahm may have captured the player of the year award 4 months into the season!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 4/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, Invader Zim 315 said:

I'd argue that more make the cut than not, maybe 11 to 7, but think only 3-4 will finish in the top 15. 

So let's say 7 won't make it, 4 in top 15

I was curious to follow up on this @Reed all about it, this isn't pretty by any stretch, but kind of panned out along the lines of our thinking.

Including WDs, 6 missed the cut vs 12 making it.  3 finished in the top 15, albeit as we know all 3 were in the top 5.

Interesting stuff from Major #1!

image.png.201f9ac6968fa6765f81d17ec75f57f1.png

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

Rory is so tied up mentally on his PGA ambassador parade that he can't focus on golf right now. LIV golf, and better yet Phil Mickelson, showed that they don't have that stressor. Brooks, Mick, Patrick Reed all had great showings, Cam smith and DJ we're doing great until the 3rd round weather blunders. Also very difficult the structure they had to play under this year. I did expect some more from ancer and Mito but such is life!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

26 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Rory is so tied up mentally on his PGA ambassador parade that he can't focus on golf right now. LIV golf, and better yet Phil Mickelson, showed that they don't have that stressor. Brooks, Mick, Patrick Reed all had great showings, Cam smith and DJ we're doing great until the 3rd round weather blunders. Also very difficult the structure they had to play under this year. I did expect some more from ancer and Mito but such is life!

Or maybe it’s the pressure rory puts on himself early in the week to get off to a good start and try to complete the grand slam and nothing to do with his other duties or personal life 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I don't think ANYONE had Phil, BK, and Reed getting top 4 while Rory and JT missed cuts. I love watching all of these guys play so I'm bummed when anyone doesn't make the cut. Just goes to show that golf can be brutal on any given day. Some days you're good, some days you're shite.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

21 hours ago, Invader Zim 315 said:

I was curious to follow up on this @Reed all about it, this isn't pretty by any stretch, but kind of panned out along the lines of our thinking.

Including WDs, 6 missed the cut vs 12 making it.  3 finished in the top 15, albeit as we know all 3 were in the top 5.

Interesting stuff from Major #1!

image.png.201f9ac6968fa6765f81d17ec75f57f1.png

Absolutely. Seeing PGA vs LIV playing out in the final pairing on Sunday was certainly intriguing. It would be hard to believe it never crossed Rahm's and Koepka's minds. 

Koepka is so uniquely built for this circumstance. He has always been able to switch that majors switch in his head. Now he will theoretically stay healthier and rested coming into them all. 

Does a FIR care WHICH fairway its in?

:PXG: Gen 5 - MCA Diamana S+ 60g - S

:PXG: 0211 3W MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue Hybrid 75 - S,

:PXG: 0211 22 Hybrid MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 - S

:PXG: 6i - Pw - V2 Elevate Tour S

:cleveland-small: CBX2 54, 58

:PXG: Gunboat

On 4/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, Ea333525 said:

Lol. Idiot. Put your foot in your mouth again. 

Yeah i certainly was surprised. Especially Phil, where the heck did that come from?

Unfortunately, I am no where near flexible enough to achieve that so ill just have to settle for being an idiot. 

On 4/7/2023 at 4:53 PM, Groovethumper said:

This isn't aging well.

Agreed. 

While the love, hate, indifferent discussion about Tour 54 rambles along, there is little left on the proverbial bone that these guys can no longer compete in top 100 fields. No, one event does not make a trend but I think this is what we'd see play out were these guys able to play in all the majors or other key events... just as we'd see the PGA Tour guys perform were they allowed to choose a limited number of LIV events to play each season.

I like lots of players in both tours and hope at some point we'll see them moving back n' forth mixing it up in various events. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled program 😊.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

30 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

While the love, hate, indifferent discussion about Tour 54 rambles along, there is little left on the proverbial bone that these guys can no longer compete in top 100 fields. No, one event does not make a trend but I think this is what we'd see play out were these guys able to play in all the majors or other key events... just as we'd see the PGA Tour guys perform were they allowed to choose a limited number of LIV events to play each season.

I like lots of players in both tours and hope at some point we'll see them moving back n' forth mixing it up in various events. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled program 😊.

Well this is a limited field event as well requiring an invitation. Under 100 competitors and when you factor in there were probably between 5-10 past champions that are well last being competitive on tour it even further reduces the field.

I wouldn’t call this a top 100 field considering there are too 100 players who weren’t qualified to receive and invite.

There are guys on liv tour that can get hot for a short stretch at a time but when you look at their records and recent performance they are still not the at competitive week in and week out on the tour.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There are guys on liv tour that can get hot for a short stretch at a time but when you look at their records and recent performance they are still not the at competitive week in and week out on the tour.

You just described the PGA Tour as well.  There is a boat load of players that simply fill out fields each week for the top talent and only occasionally get hot for a short stretch, and even fewer of them win.  Two years ago all these players mixed it up all season long, some were Ryder Cup players, yet because they joined Tour 54 some are saying they are no longer the same talent - I don't agree with that argument.

Now if LIV survives over the long term and no (or few) other mid career or younger talent from any of the world tours joins them then over time they will lose the ability to compete at the top 100 level. But that is not the case at present IMO.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

58 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

You just described the PGA Tour as well.  There is a boat load of players that simply fill out fields each week for the top talent and only occasionally get hot for a short stretch, and even fewer of them win.  Two years ago all these players mixed it up all season long, some were Ryder Cup players, yet because they joined Tour 54 some are saying they are no longer the same talent - I don't agree with that argument.

Now if LIV survives over the long term and no (or few) other mid career or younger talent from any of the world tours joins them then over time they will lose the ability to compete at the top 100 level. But that is not the case at present IMO.

Most of these players before liv had mediocre seasons. One only has to look up their stats on pgatour.com 

Ill use Reed as one example. In 2021-22 he made 16 cuts and only had 3 top 10s and 1 other top 20. When he didn’t miss the cut he finished outside the top 25 in  the other events he hasn’t won since Jan 21. Not as good as his previous couple seasons. 

Phil has gotten hot on the PGA tour twice in 3 years with his 2021 PGA championship and this week. 

Most of the non U.S. players who left are good but also don’t sniff the front page of the leaderboard that often and have under 5 wins each. 

24 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most of these players before liv had mediocre seasons. One only has to look up their stats on pgatour.com 

Ill use Reed as one example. In 2021-22 he made 16 cuts and only had 3 top 10s and 1 other top 20. When he didn’t miss the cut he finished outside the top 25 in  the other events he hasn’t won since Jan 21. Not as good as his previous couple seasons. 

Phil has gotten hot on the PGA tour twice in 3 years with his 2021 PGA championship and this week. 

Most of the non U.S. players who left are good but also don’t sniff the front page of the leaderboard that often and have under 5 wins each. 

with the pgat losing people like-- bk--cs--dj--pr--niemann -- gooch--ancer--bryson--garcia -- and a few others  it does make it easier for the top 20 pgat players to keep wining on the tour until a few of the-- all so rans --start getting hot .

58 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

with the pgat losing people like-- bk--cs--dj--pr--niemann -- gooch--ancer--bryson--garcia -- and a few others  it does make it easier for the top 20 pgat players to keep wining on the tour until a few of the-- all so rans --start getting hot .

Dj was starting his decline, Bryson has been hurt, brooks wasn’t going to be the healthy by playing the tour, Garcia is irrelevant when it comes to the leaderboard, Gooch is probably the only one between Nieman and a few others who could have a multi win year, already posted how Reed was having a downturn 

Nieman has 2 wins in 5 years on tour and is finishes outside the top 25 as often as he finishes inside the top 25. He’s not going to win that often on the pga tour. He would be lucky to match rickie fowlers win total.

Ancer has 1 tour win since turning pro in 2013. He is very much like Nieman and finishes outside the top 25 too often.

I like Ancer, Niemann and Gooch but 2 of the 3 are just recognizable names and not contenders on the tour that would make It harder for the top 20 to win

On 4/10/2023 at 2:33 PM, TylorJudd said:

Rory needs to quit trying to run the PGA Tour and just play golf.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

13 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Rory needs to quit trying to run the PGA Tour and just play golf.

Definitely agree, leave the politics to the PGA talking heads.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 4/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, shootmyage said:

He's not going to agree with you no matter the points you make.

On any given weekend or any given round, ANY of the guys on LIV or PGA can have amazing rounds (Phil on Sunday) or shite rounds (JT and Rory missed cut). While a guy can potentially be on the start of a downturn, that doesn't mean that he is incapable of playing great golf at any given time. Same is said for an up and comer. Attempting to compare talent between LIV and PGA is a losing battle because people have certain viewpoints that skew their perceptions. This goes for both people who are pro and anti LIV.

42 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

He's not going to agree with you no matter the points you make.

On any given weekend or any given round, ANY of the guys on LIV or PGA can have amazing rounds (Phil on Sunday) or shite rounds (JT and Rory missed cut). While a guy can potentially be on the start of a downturn, that doesn't mean that he is incapable of playing great golf at any given time. Same is said for an up and comer. Attempting to compare talent between LIV and PGA is a losing battle because people have certain viewpoints that skew their perceptions. This goes for both people who are pro and anti LIV.

Nobody said that any of them couldn’t win on any given week. That would be silly and Phil proved that when he won the PGA championship. But look a what he did the rest of that year and the next year. He had more success playing with the old guys.

Those names listed and most of those that went to LIV were at the end of their careers like Gracie, Ousthuizen, Westwood, poulter. The rest aren’t going to be competitive week in and week out is the point. Their stays show that, it’s not an opinion. Ancer is the perfect example. He claimed that him not being there is allowing the top 20 to win easier. They win when he is there. He’s won one time on the pga tour. 

You see many of the names on tv regularly but that doesn’t mean they are actually on competition to win or even be on the front page of the leaderboard. Just look up their stats, they don’t lie. I’ve already looked at them multiple times since this thread started they haven’t changed. 

"It's been a big week for golf as LIV Golf announced that they have signed multiple DP World Tour winner, Waleed Ansari. This exciting move could be one of the most impactful in golf history and is poised to bring an even higher level of competition to the sport we all love so much."

... Jack winning the 86 Masters?  Tiger lapping the US Open field with a 15 stroke victory at Pebble? Jin Young Ko hitting 63 greens in a row? Lydia Ko winning twice on the LPGA tour when she was 17 yrs old? Hale Irwin's and Bernard Langer's 45 wins each on the Champions Tour?  All evidently pale in comparison to Waleed Ansari signing with LIV tour. 🤣

... This is what undermines LIV at every turn. Harold Varner said he went to LIV for the money. Period. He is thankful for all the PGA Tour provided him and will forever be grateful. I have great respect for his honesty. But the ridiculous hype and comparisons to the PGA Tour will constantly cast LIV as the villain. A google search for: Waleed Ansari (this exciting move could be one of the most impactful in golf history) :

Your search - Waleed Ansari DP Tour - did not match any news results.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Where did you see that PR? I googled Waleed Ansari and the thing that pops up first is this thread. 😆

He isn’t listed on the LIV website or any PR’s on there.

5 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Where did you see that PR? I googled Waleed Ansari and the thing that pops up first is this thread. 😆

He isn’t listed on the LIV website or any PR’s on there.

... Haha I just tried it again "Waleed Ansari DP Tour" and got my post here. First time I got a bunch of non golfers so put it in "  " and got the result I posted. Sheesh, I hope he doesn't see this! 😳

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I know we've seen some knocks on low attendance at LIV events, but that doesn't seem to be an issue in Australia!

ScreenShot2023-04-21at12_21_09PM.png.df014add7cc520864373e1a4d28a46c2.png

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS