TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

And Talor Gooch is putting on a clinic out there this weekend. Back to back rounds of 62.

BF458EBB-88B2-4F38-B5E5-435E81D78D69.jpeg.177e7eaec500b32368984b77d8913da7.jpeg

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

When I woke up and checked the scores, I legitimately thought it was a typo. A 10 stroke lead after 2 rounds is insane.

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

I've watched some of the coverage on CW and the Abilene stop is looking and sounding a lot like the Wasted Management. Not quite the stadium as Phoenix but the "watering hole" is having fun. 130+ dB for Cam Smith's introduction. And then Chase Koepka drops an ACE and it started raining beer, mixed drinks and who knows what else 😆. I'm guessing this stop and this hole will become a tour favorite and their already planning for increased seating.

chase-koepka-lv-golf.jpg?w=717

Clearly the Australian fans are thrilled about seeing LIV and so many of their stars in the field. Pretty dang impressed with the caliber of play and it may very well be the shorts... only a handful choosing pants. Taylor Gooch seems to like the attire as he is playing in some rarified airspace... only hitting a short stretch of turbulence in R3 but regaining control for his first LIV win.

But I'm not so sure about this new victory salute 😲.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I believe we are headed to a LIV vs PGA Ryder Cup type of deal in the not too distant future. The money will be too much for the PGA people to pass on, which will be ironic but that will be ignored by the masses watching on TV to cheer for the PGA vs the "Villains" of LIV. I would watch that. 

Had a regular playing partner go down the LIV event in Adelaide, and he said it was just about the best live sporting event he's ever attended.

He's a pretty mad keen golfer, and follows PGA tour events pretty religiously, but being Aussies the political issues with LIV don't really filter down here, and he said it was absolutely great. We both went to the Australia PGA Championship here in Brisbane in Nov last year, and even though that drew decent crowds (almost entirely because of Cam Smith the hometown hero in attendance), he said it was worlds apart in spectator numbers and overall atmosphere.

I think LIV definitely has a niche in being a worldwide tour, especially with the PGAT burning all the feeder tours to try take everyone themselves. There's a lot of places that are starved for top quality golf events, and there's absolutely a younger crowd that clearly will embrace the "Golf, but louder" setting. I think if they mostly played international locations that don't get events normally, and US cities that don't get really PGA events anymore they'd actually start drawing in decent numbers. Playing in Florida that has events constantly and is fiercely loyal to the PGAT doesn't help their cause at all.

The pretty heavy rumour after the last event is that my home state of QLD will get a 2nd Aus event for LIV next year, and I'm absolutely keen for that. I've been watching guys like Phil and Sergio play since I was a kid, to be able to see them in person finally would be awesome, as well as seeing the younger guys striping it around the course.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :ping-small: :titleist-small: :nike-small: :wilson-small:O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, OG Bronze Anser, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Method Midnight 007, Wilson Staff 8802

1 hour ago, Fongle said:

Had a regular playing partner go down the LIV event in Adelaide, and he said it was just about the best live sporting event he's ever attended.

He's a pretty mad keen golfer, and follows PGA tour events pretty religiously, but being Aussies the political issues with LIV don't really filter down here, and he said it was absolutely great. We both went to the Australia PGA Championship here in Brisbane in Nov last year, and even though that drew decent crowds (almost entirely because of Cam Smith the hometown hero in attendance), he said it was worlds apart in spectator numbers and overall atmosphere.

I think LIV definitely has a niche in being a worldwide tour, especially with the PGAT burning all the feeder tours to try take everyone themselves. There's a lot of places that are starved for top quality golf events, and there's absolutely a younger crowd that clearly will embrace the "Golf, but louder" setting. I think if they mostly played international locations that don't get events normally, and US cities that don't get really PGA events anymore they'd actually start drawing in decent numbers. Playing in Florida that has events constantly and is fiercely loyal to the PGAT doesn't help their cause at all.

The pretty heavy rumour after the last event is that my home state of QLD will get a 2nd Aus event for LIV next year, and I'm absolutely keen for that. I've been watching guys like Phil and Sergio play since I was a kid, to be able to see them in person finally would be awesome, as well as seeing the younger guys striping it around the course.

Honestly that last Liv event definitely gave them a huge step forward in this whole crazy fiasco. It was fun to watch and I could see it actually being entertaining to watch for someone that doesn't watch golf at all. It was way more appealing for and outside golf fan looking in IMO, and it's great for golf. Even for someone like me who practically watches PGA every weekend and weekday leading up to the weekend. PGA can get a little boring sometimes especially if the big names are not playing. But this was a nice breath of fresh air and not to mention all the crazy shots that happened. I like seeing players react as well, and not so much as robots playing all day lol

Driver: Big Bertha Fusion

Hybrid: Taylormade Aero Burner

Irons: JPX 921

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter: Nike Method Matter

5 hours ago, Fongle said:

but being Aussies the political issues with LIV don't really filter down here

... Not addressing you in particular but it always frustrates me when people call things "political" when they are not. I had to put a long time member on my ignore list for doing this repeatedly. What the Saudi's have done is about human decency and sports washing, not politics. LIV trying to break the PGA TOUR is not political but all about business. You can certainly ignore both of the above or just not care about either and I have absolutely no problem with peoples personal decisions. You can love LIV and that's cool too. 👍  But please don't tell anyone that disagrees with LIV on so many levels that it is political. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Not addressing you in particular but it always frustrates me when people call things "political" when they are not. I had to put a long time member on my ignore list for doing this repeatedly. What the Saudi's have done is about human decency and sports washing, not politics. LIV trying to break the PGA TOUR is not political but all about business. You can certainly ignore both of the above or just not care about either and I have absolutely no problem with peoples personal decisions. You can love LIV and that's cool too. 👍  But please don't tell anyone that disagrees with LIV on so many levels that it is political. 

Well what do we do to bring about change in the middle east, Liv golf is one way of showing another side to life. 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

6 hours ago, chisag said:

Continually dancing around the edges of the political aspects associated with LIV, even after being warned not to do so by our staff, is what I took exception to.  It is absolutely possible to discuss Tour 54 (and all our other topics) without bringing politics into it.  Amazingly, we have 140 pages and counting that are 99% politics free.

I can be as political as anyone you likely know, but I enjoy the forum and respect the rules.  Sorry you felt the need to put me on your ignore list.  Maybe one day you'll see this post.

5 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Well what do we do to bring about change in the middle east, Liv golf is one way of showing another side to life. 

See I don’t get the idea of sports washing. I don’t care who funds the league. LIV has not changed my opinion of the Saudis in any way. I just watch it for the golf. 🤷‍♂️

Taylor Gooch is making the most of his move to LIV.  With event wins and team finishes at the Australia last week and Singapore event this week, he's won $9.1M in 8 days of play.  I believe Taylor would have been a consistent top contender had he remained on the main tour, and with the new designated events and bigger purses, possibly matched or eclipsed this haul.  He's one of a couple players who surprised me in their decision to join LIV but, thus far, he seems to be making enough to cover his costs. 

Also found his discussion at The Masters with Tiger interesting.  It's nice to see/hear that not everyone is holding grudges and acting, well, like kids. I noticed the "Range Goats" team badge last week and thought it was a new team... nope just a rebranding... and a good one IMO.  

Next up is Broken Arrow, Tulsa, OK.  Only an hour due east of Stillwater, I suspect they'll be a few of these hats roaming the grounds.

image.png.8f147dabee5ad38e7e85fb422a76fc1f.png

Show me the money indeed.  Andy Olgetree has played 1 Tour 54 event, was in last place, and made $120,000.  To put that in perspective, Pat Perez made $28,830,160 in 515 PGA events, or $55,980/event. He's made $11,678,900 in 11 LIV events. This has to be catching the attention of many tour players (PGA and others) who have been grinding it out year after year. 

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more defections.  Certainly their is the question of how long this party (business model) will last.  I said "will last" rather than can last simply because it's a matter of how much the Saudi's are willing to lose to keep it going.  This is likely what is keeping a good many players where they are - particularly if they don't receive BIG upfront payout as an insurance policy.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

CW Channel is so wonky. You scroll over to the "LIV Golf Live" icon and select.  It then brings up another LIV Golf Live icon that you start and it does nothing.  You have to hit the down arrow key to highlight it before it initiates. Oh well, it's free.

DJ, Cam and Grace all tied at -16 with two to play. Well, wait one hole and Cam does what Cam does best... drain the 15 foot birdie on 18 to take the lead for the moment. But wait, Grace ties it up and DJ misses.

Just watched a youngster go absolutely off the charts with joy having gotten Cam to sign his hat in route to the practice area.

DJ makes it a 3 way playoff and some Stinger players can pay off some extra bills.  The team aspect of these events is getting much more serious as the events roll along.

Where in the heck did David Feherty get his lounge lizard jacket? Some hotel is missing a window drapery or bedspread 😆

Calling it now... Cam for the win.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

DJ makes it a 3 way playoff and some Stinger players can pay off some extra bills.  The team aspect of these events is getting much more serious as the events roll along.

Where in the heck did David Feherty get his lounge lizard jacket? Some hotel is missing a window drapery or bedspread 😆

Calling it now... Cam for the win.

I hate to be negative but Feherty has lost a step since joining LIV.  I’ve been a big fan of his on course and print.  It’s almost like he’s decided that he’s getting his retirement money so who cares.    

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I hate to be negative but Feherty has lost a step since joining LIV.  I’ve been a big fan of his on course and print.  It’s almost like he’s decided that he’s getting his retirement money so who cares.    

Agree.  I think the gig has lost its luster with him but the paycheck makes it bearable.  

And, as has been the case all season, my apologies Cam... the Grim Reaper strikes again 😂.

My apologies if no one here wants to hear/read this BUT: I live in Oklahoma (Stillwater, Go Pokes) and know a LOT of people that went to the LIV event in Tulsa this past weekend. We actually were at my in laws house which is right next to Cedar Ridge (the 4th best course in Tulsa IMO) and can confirm the crowds were huge and not dissimilar to the crowds for the PGA Championship at Southern Hills last year. However, after being offered free tickets to the event by multiple people on multiple days I started to be curious and reached out to a few people I knew that went.

Turns out that no one I knew that went to the LIV event paid for their ticket. Everyone I asked said that they were given a free ticket (or tickets) by their company/bank/etc. further research told me that the tour sold huge group packages for dirt cheap and those groups were just handing the tickets out for free. I suppose if the goal was to get a lot of people there, goal achieved. Just thought it was interesting and worth a share! 

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: srixon-removebg-preview.png.12b8a132cea8523f77746a94937ae416.pngZX Utility (23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95g) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 6-GW (True Temper Elevate 95) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (True Temper Dynamic Gold 132) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

1 hour ago, J7Hawkins said:

My apologies if no one here wants to hear/read this BUT: I live in Oklahoma (Stillwater, Go Pokes) and know a LOT of people that went to the LIV event in Tulsa this past weekend. We actually were at my in laws house which is right next to Cedar Ridge (the 4th best course in Tulsa IMO) and can confirm the crowds were huge and not dissimilar to the crowds for the PGA Championship at Southern Hills last year. However, after being offered free tickets to the event by multiple people on multiple days I started to be curious and reached out to a few people I knew that went.

Turns out that no one I knew that went to the LIV event paid for their ticket. Everyone I asked said that they were given a free ticket (or tickets) by their company/bank/etc. further research told me that the tour sold huge group packages for dirt cheap and those groups were just handing the tickets out for free. I suppose if the goal was to get a lot of people there, goal achieved. Just thought it was interesting and worth a share! 

Really not the same but Way B4 I started playing golf the local PGA Tournament was in Wethersfield then TPC Cromwell.  No one I knew of paid for tix the local big companies used to buy “books” of Tix then give them away to customers and employees.  I don’t know how much the Companies were paying but I do know a lot of money went to Central CT Charities and still does so had to be significant.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, J7Hawkins said:

That's interesting.  I watched the last hour or so yesterday and it seemed like the crowds were kind of thin.  I know there was some weather that moved through that resulted in a 90 minute suspension of play - perhaps that sent many home?  Also being Mother's Day and not many mom's probably think spending their day at a pro golf event might have been reason.  I did hear that Friday and Saturday were quite packed but I'd have to look at the replay coverage on CW to know.  

That Tour 54 is having to put sugar cubes out to help draw patrons is no real surprise.  They are an upstart format that is competing against much larger well known and liked tours.  They are the villain, the Darth Vader of golf. I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to draw crowds and overcome the headwinds associated with their background.  If Greg really wants draw crowds, add an amphitheater hole at every event and two free beer coupons with the free admission 😊

Not too bad a shootout of sorts yesterday, enjoying watching Cameron go at it.  Still don't like the all the changing leader board graphics on screen left and keeping track of what holes are being played.  I like the old linear style of play, but not too bad of a watch yesterday on COZI Live television here in Mitten Bay. 

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

LIV Golf's latest tournament in Tulsa produced about the most dramatic finish possible for the new tour, a playoff between arguably its two best players (and Branden Grace). But in some locations in the U.S., if you hoped to catch Dustin Johnson battling Cameron Smith (and Branden Grace) in extra holes, you were treated to a different dynamic duo: Penn & Teller.

Yep, the CW pulled a magic trick of its own, making the final few holes of the tournament disappear off TV screens around the country. Abracadabra!

LIV Golf events are then shown in windows of coverage on CW affiliates across the country, but the affiliates (apparently) are not obligated to show any golf outside of those times. So when a two-hour weather delay during the final round caused a late finish that dragged past the expected 6 p.m. EDT sign-off, many affiliates across the country made the decision to return to their already scheduled programming. Given LIV's meager TV ratings from its first few events in 2023, perhaps a Penn & Teller special made more sense for these affiliates to show. Ouch. And, yes, LIV fans could switch over to the CW app to watch the tournament's conclusion, but still, ouch.

Hilarious…🤣

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-cw-switched-off-liv-golf-big-sunday-finish-incredible-list-tv-programs-seen-instead?utm_medium=email&utm_source=051523&utm_campaign=hitlist&utm_content=DM39805&uuid=99042de7dcf842f183e890f9d596f55d

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 5/15/2023 at 5:36 PM, Middler said:

LIV sources confirmed to the Hot Mic that the league would not be reporting viewership data from its U.S. broadcasts moving forward but declined to explain why. In LIV’s most recent ratings report in late March, the league showed audience numbers slumping by 24 percent week-over-week, from 537,000 average viewers in its season-opening broadcast in Mexico to 409,000 in its second event in Tucson, Ariz. LIV has conducted four events since Tucson, including a pair in Australia and Singapore that were shown on tape delay in the United States. LIV has not released data on any of those four events.

The decision marks a significant departure from the strategy outlined just months ago by the league’s chief media officer, Will Staeger. Days after LIV signed its agreement with the CW in January, Staeger told GOLF.com the league would “certainly” provide publicly available viewership information, adding public data was “critical to all of our plans.”

If he was questioning the LIV decision once the knee was healed, he can stop now.  He is exempted into 15-20 future majors now -- he doesn't have to worry about world golf rankings.  In the meantime, he gets all the dough, horse around playing in shorts and listening to music with plenty of time for practice.  Clearly he's good enough to roll that window out even farther with another major title in the future.

Koepka is set.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

5 hours ago, mardukes said:

If he was questioning the LIV decision once the knee was healed, he can stop now.  He is exempted into 15-20 future majors now -- he doesn't have to worry about world golf rankings.  In the meantime, he gets all the dough, horse around playing in shorts and listening to music with plenty of time for practice.  Clearly he's good enough to roll that window out even farther with another major title in the future.

Koepka is set.

He worked hard for it plus took his bro 😎 along for the ride 😎

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

No argument.  Particularly, if given the choice between NBC and Saudis, I'll go Saudis.  I think most of us have to admit we felt the washed-up theory might be true.  But that was fair until the last 5 or 6 joined.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

20 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Claude didn't leave anyone out, LOLZ.  He's not wrong, not by a long stretch.  I watched the Chamblee / Faxon "debate" the other night and was astounded that Brandel kept making the same "point" over and over again, as if he said it enough times, Faxon would finally say "Oh; of course you're right". 🙄 Brandel and Eamon Lynch just love the sound of their own voices.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

20 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

well well well, Claude is in the inner circle, has been in there for many years, he has walked the walk and talked the talk, golfers like me have to listen to what he has to say. I dont have to agree with it but he has credibility and should be listened to. My personal take on LIV, and I may have posted this before, is that all the major sporting events have ,at one time or another, been challenged with "upstart" leagues, some stuck some didnt. Golf is a little unique in as much as it isnt considered one of the top 4 or 5 watched sports on TV so they are always concerned about moving the ratings needle (more money of course from the networks) so when Claude talks about "golf is golf" I agree 100 percent... 

committed to performance excellence

Claude is correct.  His point about the China Olympics is solid and speaks to a double standard.  Also let's not forget a key fact with regards to Tiger and all this "follow the money" mud slinging.  Tiger made a gazillion dollars from his Nike contracts.  I have no issue with he or any person getting whatever the free market will bear for their services.  But, keep in mind that Nike had subsequently been taken to task for their well documented exploitation of China sweatshops. That fact did not seem to bother Tiger when he re-signed for an even bigger contract with them.  I'm not suggesting he should have, but to argue that LIV players must operate to a different standard is ridiculous.

The bottom-line is that history is stuffed plum full of horrific and inhumane actions by governments and countries around the globe.  It's the selective picking choosing of which is more horrific or inhumane to support ones argument that falls flat with me.  

I saw the post round discussion between Chamblee and Faxon.  It was definitely uncomfortable and not TGC's finest hour. I do think Faxon handled it well as this could have gotten uglier.  I'll tell you what, Tour 54 has clearly gotten into the heads of Brendel and others.  It's almost getting as much fun to see them rolling around in the LIV muck as to hear them talk about the event.  I can only imagine Norman's reaction watching these tirades.

Brendel seems to be drawing the ire of others as well.  Careful Brendel, some of the words being used haven't bode well for others within the workplace.