Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

19 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

“The past is yours, the futures mine”

Not sure how that makes sense. Golf isn’t a rowdy sport. There is plenty argument to be made against the collared shirt requirement but it seems like the goal is to eviscerate the gentleman’s nature of the game without even realizing where it stemmed from. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

3 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Not sure how that makes sense. Golf isn’t a rowdy sport. There is plenty argument to be made against the collared shirt requirement but it seems like the goal is to eviscerate the gentleman’s nature of the game without even realizing where it stemmed from. 

I guess we will have to wait and see.

🙃

23 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

“The past is yours, the futures mine”

.... Don't care about the past and the future will take care of itself. I try and live my life in the moment so I am concerned with the now.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I guess we will have to wait and see.

See what exactly?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

6 hours ago, Preeway said:

See what exactly?

I believe he means a change in the overall perception and shift in the sport to a less "stuffy" way? Not his words just my interpretation. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I believe he means a change in the overall perception and shift in the sport to a less "stuffy" way? Not his words just my interpretation. 

A very eloquent way of putting it.  As a teacher I am impressed with your writing.  I can see why you were hired.

🙃

12 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

A very eloquent way of putting it.  As a teacher I am impressed with your writing.  I can see why you were hired.

The story of how and why I was hired is a funny one and not short. 

However very happy to be involved and leading this community with a great group of members and staff.

... Funnily enough this thread and "moderating" it was one of my first big tasks... Not one I enjoyed haha

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don’t see a problem with making golf less “stuffy”. Country Clubs and private courses can keep their rules as they wish. But I do think there is a fine line between changing golf to suit the modern era and creating a rowdy party atmosphere on the entire course. The WM serves again as a prime example of creating one hole where drunk and rowdy is “the thing” but the rest of the course is still normal. Heck, even the exclusive/private courses I caddy at have golf carts that are designed with Bluetooth speakers to tap into. Let’s move the game forward but let’s not trash the foundation along the way. 

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

That's your twist on the wording from stating that WWE is like LIV golf and LIV is better than the PGA.  

You may enjoy LIV which is fine,  but from an entertainment perspective (which is what all golf is) it doesn't far well when looking at viewer ratings.   

I've watched LIV and for me is provides no more entertainment value than any other golf event.  But I generally just have golf on in the background and don't focus much time on watching any event. 

As I am sure you are aware @cnosil you are one of the spy's I enjoy following and respect your view on the game.

In this post you mention golf as entertainment, that got me thinking, I watch television golf to try and grab a "gem" to help me with my game. 

I am interested in my epiphany, I wonder how many spy's watch golf for entertainment and how many watch to learn? 

Thanks again @cnosil

committed to performance excellence

16 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I don’t see a problem with making golf less “stuffy”. Country Clubs and private courses can keep their rules as they wish. But I do think there is a fine line between changing golf to suit the modern era and creating a rowdy party atmosphere on the entire course. The WM serves again as a prime example of creating one hole where drunk and rowdy is “the thing” but the rest of the course is still normal. Heck, even the exclusive/private courses I caddy at have golf carts that are designed with Bluetooth speakers to tap into. Let’s move the game forward but let’s not trash the foundation along the way. 

Agree.  I've watched a handful of the LIV events and nothing comes close to WM.  I personally think the "make golf less upitty/stuff shirt" boat has long left the dock.  Other than very exclusive CC's, I find golf has been and continues to be a pretty average Joe venue and atmosphere where the vast majority try to be respectful of the games heritage and not trash the experience for others.  I'm also hopeful it stays this way in what continues to become an "it's all about me" populous.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

31 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Even Agusta National is open to change, but in my opinion has kept, as you say, the foundation along the way. It may be a good footprint to follow as the newer generation falls in love with our great game. 

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

Even Agusta National is open to change, but in my opinion has kept, as you say, the foundation along the way. It may be a good footprint to follow as the newer generation falls in love with our great game. 

... The only constant in life is change. While I certainly understand not wanting an overweight slob spilling out of their tank top and dirty jeans, I really have no issue with someone in a clean tee shirt and clean jeans. Or cargo pants. Or anything else they find comfortable. Until it becomes extinct, golf is unlike any other sport and we can't imagine a DB saying "Hey Ref, I held him on that route so go ahead and drop a yellow flag" but of course we call penalties on ourselves in golf for inadvertent infractions. It is a pure game, a game of honor and deserves a certain amount of respect. I can live with young players listening to rap at a reasonable level, fixing their ball marks, replacing their divots and respecting the tee box and greens. But far too often I see younger players that evidently think "golfing" is a party playing music loud enough to be heard several holes away, driving their carts on the fringe and sides of the tee box. And of course not having a few beers to relax but two six packs and getting hammered. 

... So the old stuffy players need to accept change is here and the new to the game golfers need to respect tradition. As always, the truth and most viable road for success lies somewhere in the middle. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I’m with you there, amigo!  Playing golf on a winter golf tour with up to 40 pros in the approximately 120-player field every week gives me the opportunity to play at many “exclusive” and VERY private golf courses. For the sake of comfort, if for no other reason, I enjoy wearing thermal “hoodies” and corduroy 5-pocket pants — a/k/a “jeans” — with a bit of stretch built in (made by Stitch Golf, BTW) when playing in chilly and windy conditions. However, at certain courses that we play on that tour, that type of attire is not acceptable, so it helps to know what one can and cannot wear at each course.

Another thing that I see at a few of the courses that we play is the strict rule saying that no hats may be worn in the clubhouse, locker room, and in some cases even on the patio. I’m not sure where this originated, but it helps to also know when to hang my hat or cap on the golf bag when approaching the clubhouse.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

2 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Rahm not playing in the hero challenge?  Interesting…very interesting. I like it.

How late am I to this?  Was the field announced weeks ago?

It's the off season. And the first real off season in years for these guys. Many don't play and won't be involved in events till January.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Field was announced a while back and I can't recall if Rahm has played in past events or not. I think there are many signs to lead one to believe he is considering a jump to LIV but I also believe he won't make the move unless something is done to legitimize LIV as an official tour and worthy or OWGR points. Frankly, I would like to see that too. The prospect of having the same small field each week with no prospect of missing a cut is what makes LIV unappealing from a competitive side. I enjoy watching many of the bigger names but it just isn't the same as watching the other tours. I think Rahm is in a position to radically change to the landscape of both the PGAT and LIV if he were to make the jump. I won't lie, there is a part of me hoping he can make that happen.

51 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Field was announced a while back and I can't recall if Rahm has played in past events or not. I think there are many signs to lead one to believe he is considering a jump to LIV but I also believe he won't make the move unless something is done to legitimize LIV as an official tour and worthy or OWGR points. Frankly, I would like to see that too. The prospect of having the same small field each week with no prospect of missing a cut is what makes LIV unappealing from a competitive side. I enjoy watching many of the bigger names but it just isn't the same as watching the other tours. I think Rahm is in a position to radically change to the landscape of both the PGAT and LIV if he were to make the jump. I won't lie, there is a part of me hoping he can make that happen.

Good points.  It was the principals associated with LIV that wanted to "shake-up" aspects of PGAT golf.  And not just Norman, as there were others before him. Regarding that goal, I would have to say, "mission accomplished".  I mean hell, 3 years ago most of us thought this whole concept was a pipe dream and would quietly dissapate into the air.

I watch LIV because I like so many of the players who have jumped ship.  I wish it had never come to be, but it did and I'm still a fan of those players... and miss seeing them in PGAT events.  

How this "merger" finally plays itself out will be interesting and provide lots of fodder for the world of golf.  But yes, when you have names like Rahm thrown into the stew, it definitely adds leverage to LIV in how this final story ends.  My perfect ending is LIV defectors return to the main tour if they choose too and LIV either continues as it has or goes the way of the Oneders.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Can I just say that the more hate someone/something gets in golf, the more I'm drawn to it? I love LIV. I think it's hilarious how much irrational hate they get. People forget that competition breeds a higher quality product, always. My greatest gripe with the PGA TOUR is that they require these players to come out for practice rounds and a pro-am event every week, play two rounds of golf, and won't get paid for their work unless they make the cut. In what world do people work for free?? Imagine if they told the NFL, "Sorry guys, you don't get paid for practice anymore and if we miss the playoffs, none of you get paid"?? I love that LIV has forced the PGAT to get their crap together. We like to think that every player is in the top 20 and making millions per year. When in reality there's guys that are literally getting beaten by their wives for missing cuts. So we can b&m all we want about how ridiculous LIV is, but we only have the PGAT to blame.

Edited by aburtonky

Driver: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png.6d1372c95165c398d9025a4e031dac4b.png0811XF Gen 2. 9 degrees        5 Wood: default_cobra-small.jpg.f2d30fe56bdc63bb143b6beab868e5d6.jpg F8 5/6. Set to 17 degrees

Irons:   PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png.6d1372c95165c398d9025a4e031dac4b.png 0211 XCOR2 5-W                    7 Wood: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png.6d1372c95165c398d9025a4e031dac4b.png 0211 

Wedges:IMG_0041.gif.bb78ad6d85f990dffa1b02feb50bbe80.gif SM9 48º, 54º, 58º   Ball: 1942659004_Screenshot2023-06-0213_14_51.png.b49b326f9c77f7aff9d7f32e267a59cf.png Tour X

Putter: 1332069271_TommyArmour.jpg.53c68d5be5cc32c01ff3db1307fab5a5.jpg Impact No. 3               Bag: Ogio.jpg.a670225d3596cda3cd22c4084575c2a2.jpg.b8dc074bc0a99fa84f35307f7b28dc89.jpg Convoy SE                              

Grips: Tour Velvet, Winn (Wedges)

Technology: I have a membership at my local PGA TOUR Superstore. I go there to use their Trackman to monitor my distance gaps, spin rates, etc. On the course I've been using TheGrint app.

default_cleveland-small.jpg

26 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

Can I just say that the more hate someone/something gets in golf, the more I'm drawn to it? I love LIV. I think it's hilarious how much irrational hate they get. People forget that competition breeds a higher quality product, always. My greatest gripe with the PGA TOUR is that they require these players to come out for practice rounds and a pro-am event every week, play two rounds of golf, and won't get paid for their work unless they make the cut. In what world do people work for free?? Imagine if they told the NFL, "Sorry guys, you don't get paid for practice anymore and if we miss the playoffs, none of you get paid"?? I love that LIV has forced the PGAT to get their crap together. We like to think that every player is in the top 20 and making millions per year. When in reality there's guys that are literally getting beaten by their wives for missing cuts. So we can b&m all we want about how ridiculous LIV is, but we only have the PGAT to blame.

I plan on starting another LIV thread for people who actually watch and like LiV.  Maybe we can even pick teams and put together some sort of fantasy league.

Edited by Owengeorge13

🙃

25 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

People forget that competition breeds a higher quality product, always.

Competition? LIV can’t get a TV deal or one even remotely close to the PGA tour and for that the DP World tour. You take away the large amount of money the player who went over there LIV doesn’t get any big name talent. Let’s. It forget those players that left for the money many thought they were going to be able to double dip and bounce between LIV and PGA/DP. The only competition was trying to fight LIVs nearly unlimited source of money. We shall see what happens to LIV if the merger goes thru or even if it doesn’t. 

25 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

My greatest gripe with the PGA TOUR is that they require these players to come out for practice rounds and a pro-am event every week, play two rounds of golf, and won't get paid for their work unless they make the cut. In what world do people work for free??

Nobody is required to play practice rounds. Yes there are obligations for some players to participate in the pro am day. That is to appease the sponsors and supporters. Remember without the sponsors and supporters there is no professional golf. But the practice rounds are used as preparation for the tournament rounds. They use these to get acclimated to the course conditions, have their notes and gameplan for when the shots count. Not to mention some will only practice 9 holes one day and 9 the other and will spend time on the range practicing. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

47 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Competition? LIV can’t get a TV deal or one even remotely close to the PGA tour and for that the DP World tour. You take away the large amount of money the player who went over there LIV doesn’t get any big name talent. Let’s. It forget those players that left for the money many thought they were going to be able to double dip and bounce between LIV and PGA/DP. The only competition was trying to fight LIVs nearly unlimited source of money. We shall see what happens to LIV if the merger goes thru or even if it doesn’t. 

Nobody is required to play practice rounds. Yes there are obligations for some players to participate in the pro am day. That is to appease the sponsors and supporters. Remember without the sponsors and supporters there is no professional golf. But the practice rounds are used as preparation for the tournament rounds. They use these to get acclimated to the course conditions, have their notes and gameplan for when the shots count. Not to mention some will only practice 9 holes one day and 9 the other and will spend time on the range practicing. 

Man, the PGAT is spending a lot of money increasing the winnings pool, creating PIP, adding cut-free events, and offering more amenities considering LIV isn’t competition.

I’m not arguing I like LIV more or think it’s a better product. It’s just different and that’s a good thing. If you’re an American, you should understand one of our core principals is free market. This “competition” is forcing the PGAT to better take care of its athletes, and that’s a good thing. 

So calm down. You sound like an old man that hangs out around the clubhouse because he has nothing else to do, and whines about these young whippersnappers. You probably get angry when someone doesn’t wear a collared shirt or doesn’t tuck theirs in. 

We are all going to win because of LIV. 

Driver: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png.6d1372c95165c398d9025a4e031dac4b.png0811XF Gen 2. 9 degrees        5 Wood: default_cobra-small.jpg.f2d30fe56bdc63bb143b6beab868e5d6.jpg F8 5/6. Set to 17 degrees

Irons:   PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png.6d1372c95165c398d9025a4e031dac4b.png 0211 XCOR2 5-W                    7 Wood: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png.6d1372c95165c398d9025a4e031dac4b.png 0211 

Wedges:IMG_0041.gif.bb78ad6d85f990dffa1b02feb50bbe80.gif SM9 48º, 54º, 58º   Ball: 1942659004_Screenshot2023-06-0213_14_51.png.b49b326f9c77f7aff9d7f32e267a59cf.png Tour X

Putter: 1332069271_TommyArmour.jpg.53c68d5be5cc32c01ff3db1307fab5a5.jpg Impact No. 3               Bag: Ogio.jpg.a670225d3596cda3cd22c4084575c2a2.jpg.b8dc074bc0a99fa84f35307f7b28dc89.jpg Convoy SE                              

Technology: I have a membership at my local PGA TOUR Superstore. I go there to use their Trackman to monitor my distance gaps, spin rates, etc. On the course I've been using TheGrint app.

1 hour ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I plan on starting another LIV thread for people who actually watch and like LiV.  Maybe we can even pick teams and put together some sort of fantasy league.

Do it, I’ll join. I can’t consume enough golf, so I’m game 

21 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

Do it, I’ll join. I can’t consume enough golf, so I’m game 

You need to watch out though.  When people think you like LIV they think you drink until you pass out, drive over tee boxes, wear tank tops all the time, and kick puppies.  I’ll make another thread soon.

🙃

Just now, Owengeorge13 said:

You need to watch out though.  When people think you like LIV they think you drink until you pass out, drive over tee boxes, wear tank tops all the time, and kick puppies.  I’ll make another thread soon.

No worries. I like to think of LIV haters like male Karens at the golf course that work so hard to keep everyone that doesn’t look them off the golf course. 

48 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I would check with @GolfSpy_APH before making a new thread.  The LIVt  topics tend  to get pretty controversial and push the boundaries of what the forum considers acceptable.   For that reason they decided all LIV discussions would be contained to this thread.   Note this is not to restrict your discussions, but to more easily moderate,  

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

24 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

Man, the PGAT is spending a lot of money increasing the winnings pool, creating PIP, adding cut-free events, and offering more amenities considering LIV isn’t competition.

It’s to try and combat the money LIv has and protect their business model. In a way it’s competition but the quality of product isn’t that great. If it was then the networks would be throwing money at them to showcase the product. Even with LIV the money is still there and growing to advertise and sponsor PGA tour events.

24 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

I’m not arguing I like LIV more or think it’s a better product. It’s just different and that’s a good thing. If you’re an American, you should understand one of our core principals is free market. This “competition” is forcing the PGAT to better take care of its athletes, and that’s a good thing. 

I have no problem with competition and benefit from it in several ways in my professional life as well as in my side gigs. The purpose of LIV and what many of us don’t lie about what they are trying to do has been discussed over and over in the thread so I won’t rehash it, but what Greg Norman’s goal is further adds to why LIV isn’t for me. He’s a grumpy guy who wants to destroy professional golf as is and especially the PGA tour for his own glory and to buck the system. He’s been harping on a global tour for decades.

29 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

So calm down. You sound like an old man that hangs out around the clubhouse because he has nothing else to do, and whines about these young whippersnappers. You probably get angry when someone doesn’t wear a collared shirt or doesn’t tuck theirs in. 

And typical response when one can’t back up their argument especially about “not getting paid to practice” which is an illogical point about professional golf. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Let the world play golf! Happy HoLIVdays! Hahaha I don’t like the way they started things! But it brings golf to a whole new set of viewers and people who like that kind of things! It also sparked lots of conversation! 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

1 hour ago, aburtonky said:

I don't see a lot of irrational hate. I do see a lot of reasons people don't like the format and don't like the politics behind the formation of LIV. I don't always agree with some of those reasons, but irrational, not really. If the LIV product eventually leads to bigger and better things then great. But the first year and a half has yet to demonstrate a better product although I know some enjoy it more. On a side note, NFL players get paid each week after a game is played. They don't get paid separately for their practice time so in essence, they don't get paid to practice. But using a team basaed sport like baseball or football isn't a good comparison. Golf is more like tennis in that it's a tournament based competition sport. Play well and get paid. Play poorly and you don't. Is it time to rethink this model? It definitely seems like that's where we are headed and it could be a very good thing.

5 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I don't see a lot of irrational hate. I do see a lot of reasons people don't like the format and don't like the politics behind the formation of LIV. I don't always agree with some of those reasons, but irrational, not really. If the LIV product eventually leads to bigger and better things then great. But the first year and a half has yet to demonstrate a better product although I know some enjoy it more. On a side note, NFL players get paid each week after a game is played. They don't get paid separately for their practice time so in essence, they don't get paid to practice. But using a team basaed sport like baseball or football isn't a good comparison. Golf is more like tennis in that it's a tournament based competition sport. Play well and get paid. Play poorly and you don't. Is it time to rethink this model? It definitely seems like that's where we are headed and it could be a very good thing.

Thanks for having a reasonable conversation. That does make sense. But the practice team players still get paid. I agree it’s better to compare them to tennis. I just think to my professional life and know that when I was in the Army, I was paid to exercise, to go to the range, to go to school…all to make me a better soldier when it came time to fight. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this model come to an end. 

I agree with your assertion about the politics. Am I ecstatic this league is financed by people connected to 9/11, no. But there is a lot of dark money already floating around the PGAT and it would be hypocritical to make that the sole reason for hate. 

TBH I think it’s just because they’re being disruptive to the industry and people hate change. I think we know by now that LIV never had real aspirations for taking over the tour, regardless of what Norman’s big mouth may have said. I guess for my standpoint, I’ve never woken up and thought, “Man, I wish there was less golf on TV.”

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I would check with @GolfSpy_APH before making a new thread.  The LIVt  topics tend  to get pretty controversial and push the boundaries of what the forum considers acceptable.   For that reason they decided all LIV discussions would be contained to this thread.   Note this is. It to restrict your discussions, but to more easily moderate,  

I may throw a joke out every once and awhile about it, but I enjoy watching LiV.  I would genuinely like to have a place to just talk about it.  I started doing a premiere league football (soccer) fantasy league this year and I have enjoyed every aspect of it.  If we could get something like that going here.  I think it would be great.

🙃