Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

1 minute ago, Gary DeMarchi said:

How does Rahm's decision effect anyone but his family? Anyone would take a raise from any company that helps there family! Get over it!!

That really was my point. It’s easy to bash unless you are that guy. I don’t think it is my place to insult him. While personally I am not a fan of LIV, I fully understand him or the others setting their family up for life. 

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

This SI article lays it out pretty well: https://www.si.com/golf/news/liv-golf-bubba-watson-explains-trading-talor-gooch-landing-matthew-wolff

Basically it sounds like Bubba believes that Wolff has a higher upside than Gooch in the long term, and that Wolff will get better moving away from Brooks' team and being mentored by Bubba. Also frees up some money for the team, since Gooch was a more expensive player (not quite a salary cap space, but since Bubba presumably has equity in the team then there's a benefit for him).

Thanks for the article.  Makes a little more sense.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, Preeway said:

Never got a vibe the guy had haters. But then again, everyone who experiences success generates a lot of hate. Just the nature of the beast.

Plenty of members on other forums and groups are not rahm fans

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Plenty of members on other forums and groups are not rahm fans

I think you can pick any athlete in any sport and there will always be fans, those that are indifferent and those that dislike. You can’t please everyone and if I were in their shoes I really wouldn’t care what others that don’t matter think.

10 hours ago, Javs said:

I think it becomes fatal only if Scotty and Rory leave next. However, Rahm’s departure is a very significant loss to the product. 

Not sure that LIV would take Rory. I know that I would not.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I guarantee that LIV would take him. Maybe they don’t pay him like everyone else as a sort of snub? But I think the long game for LIV is to be the only game in town rather than be the kid brother to the PGAT. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

10 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I believe they would take any player who has talent and can move the needle. Doesn’t matter what our personal feelings are at all. Only what the sponsors that actually put up the money say. 

11 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I guarantee that LIV would take him. Maybe they don’t pay him like everyone else as a sort of snub? But I think the long game for LIV is to be the only game in town rather than be the kid brother to the PGAT. 

I would hope they would take him and back up the brinks.  I had a discussion today with a colleague at lunch.  He brought up an interesting point about all the “major stars” who moved to LiV.  That most of them were targeted by the media.  DJ=partying, Brooks=personality, Bryson=personality, Phil=gambling, Reed=cheating/everything else, bubba=most hated man on pga, Rahm=petulant.  There were others like poulter, I forget all the reasons he had.  He brought up a point I forgot about.  The media went after Rory after he lost his baby fat and decided to get in shape.  I don’t have the exact evidence, but I remember it being a thing.  It was a really interesting conversation.

🙃

Ultimately, I think LIV is banking on Rahm being able to do two things. 1. Force the PGAT to allow LIV guys to hop back and forth. And 2. Get more big names to jump ship. This might not be done before the first event in 2024. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

4 hours ago, Javs said:

I think you can pick any athlete in any sport and there will always be fans, those that are indifferent and those that dislike. You can’t please everyone and if I were in their shoes I really wouldn’t care what others that don’t matter think.

Correct but I don’t think rahm not being on tour will hurt as much as people think. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Ho hum another by word from the Rich 🤑 side of the 🌎 I'm a golfer and enjoy what I'm doing to improve my tinkering of clubs and couldn't raise a yawn with all this Bs 😔 happening, I'm still trying to improve my golfing ability...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

At the end of the day, it's a business for these guys.  I think at one point these guys loved the game but it turns to a business at some point when they start finding success. 

Personally, I think the split is damaging to televised golf.  I don't necessarily care for the format of LIV but don't blame them for taking the money or smaller schedule.  In todays world, money is what makes things move.  Athletes in general make more money than they ever have between contracts, sponsors, etc and I watch on occasion for pure entertainment.  

I don't look up to any and never have.  

I play this game for me because I enjoy the challenge of trying to beat yesterday's score.  I enjoy being outdoors and getting to share the game with friends and my kids.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Alan K said:

I agree josh, great post.  Golf is a personal test for me too.

Yes the liv format sucks, I hate the music, shorts.

But the competition is good.

Hit em straight and not too often.

You hate shorts?  For me it’s “skys out, thighs out”

🙃

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

50 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Anyone have any guesses to what Rahms team name will be?  He’s asking the golf community to help.  The team name “Diablo” keeps coming up.

I think he should name the team the Monahans since Jay was probably the biggest influence in him making the move to LIV.  😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I think he should name the team the Monahans since Jay was probably the biggest influence in him making the move to LIV.  😂

Fair enough!  New (or old) rumor about finau and Hatton joining LiV and Rahms team!

🙃

11 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Fair enough!  New (or old) rumor about finau and Hatton joining LiV and Rahms team!

Now that would be quite the team... of personalities.  

22 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I still like "Money for Nuttin" 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

20 hours ago, Preeway said:

Perhaps not fatal, but possibly on life support. Either JM gets his poop in a group and figures out how to finalize the PIF agreement or the PGAT needs to cut him loose. There is no middle ground IMO.

Rumors are that JM is heading to Tour 54 and Greg is heading to the PGAT... hey, couldn't be any worse 😆.

4 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

At the end of the day, it's a business for these guys.  I think at one point these guys loved the game but it turns to a business at some point when they start finding success. 

Personally, I think the split is damaging to televised golf.  I don't necessarily care for the format of LIV but don't blame them for taking the money or smaller schedule.  In todays world, money is what makes things move.  Athletes in general make more money than they ever have between contracts, sponsors, etc and I watch on occasion for pure entertainment.  

I don't look up to any and never have.  

I play this game for me because I enjoy the challenge of trying to beat yesterday's score.  I enjoy being outdoors and getting to share the game with friends and my kids.  

Agree with you. 

12 hours ago, Preeway said:

Ultimately, I think LIV is banking on Rahm being able to do two things. 1. Force the PGAT to allow LIV guys to hop back and forth. And 2. Get more big names to jump ship. This might not be done before the first event in 2024. 

He might get Rose and a couple others to come over on his team. June 6th, when the PGA Tour made a deal changed everything. Now guys will be able to move without getting penalized. What remains is how do they come back if they want. 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now that would be quite the team... of personalities.  

I still like "Money for Nuttin" 😆.

Great point!  Hatton is a personality!  The media has deemed him “The angry golfer.”  Is the medias treatment of certain players on/off course emotions too blame for the mass exodus?

🙃

3 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Great point!  Hatton is a personality!  The media has deemed him “The angry golfer.”  Is the medias treatment of certain players on/off course emotions too blame for the mass exodus?

I don’t think so. Media is always looking for ways to get more viewers. Attaching an emotional component to a players is a good way to suck people in. Even Hatton will tell you he’s emotional on the course but I’ve never heard him complain about the way the media portrays him. 

5 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Not at all.  It's all about the money with perhaps a smidge of piss-off rebellion to the PGAT who hasn't taken players input on changes seriously.

Golf, like all sports has evolved exponentially since the invent of www. and social media. 

I get it, it is fine, the elite players in every sport have a lot of options to make a lot of money, I get it. 

And guess what, my last comment isn't new. 

With the invention of television, all sports were and still are trying to get "eye balls" on their game to, guess what, make more money...

Now there is a new player in the game, copius amount of money to deliver a different product, not an issue for me, it is what I have grown up with and have reaped the benefits, in my case, to watch the best golfers in the world ply their trade.

I am old enough to remember only being able to watch 9 holes of the masters, and when we got a colour television I got to watch it in colour (I am old but not that old)

And now, guess what, I can watch golf on their own channel 24 hours a day, oh and stream it, and oh whatever. 

I watch the olympics (winter and summer) to marvel at the athleticism and skill of the athletes, the best of the best at the best time of their lives, wow it blows me away. 

In my opinion we are experiencing another shift in the game but I still get to see some great golf. 

There was a shift in the 50's with Arnold, Jack and Gary getting more television "eye balls" and my grandkids will see a shift again, it is alright. 

Now, keep your eye on the back of the ball, keep your head still and follow through, and have a chocolate, enjoy your day everyone...

committed to performance excellence