Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

I am in the @Josh Parker boat on this subject. While I watched more this week due to the combined field of the Master's, I'm tired of the "poor me" behavior being demonstrated by those who freely choose this profession. The risks and rewards of the profession are known going in. If the media will get out of the way and quit exacerbating the situation it should settle down quickly as most don't care, they just want to see the game's best compete. Until then I will be engaging in other activities in lieu of watching PGAT broadcasts.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

I wasn't a BD fan for a long time but then started watching some of his stuff and the thought process that he takes to the course. Super smart and really looks at the science behind things. 

Agreed. Wasn't a big fan when he was in his bombs away mindset. Always seemed too cocky and could rarely put two rounds together. Then he and Koepka got into it. Just had an ugly "frat guy" kind of feel about him. He seems to have mellowed out a bit thought, or maybe just matured. Wasn't really pulling for him but it was fun to watch him play.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I still don't care or watch LIV (a few great players and a bunch of has beens/wannabees)

I was glad to see LIV was a washout at the Masters...it's pretty clear which players don't care about anything but money anymore.

... As much as some would like to proclaim it is, it isn't as simple as a different employer. You can't buy integrity. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

The LIV should adopt whatever it needs to do to make all the LIV players eligible for FedEx points, putting the LIV and PGA on equal footing. That means the LIV will adopt four-day tournaments, long pants, and no more loud techno crap music. 

Tell Rory the insane 850 Million + 2% is off the table. LIV should allocate all the Rory bucks into buying television rights on the golf channel. Lord knows the golf channel's programming needs work. 

Now we have good old American competition. The PGA will open its tournaments to LIV's best golfers, and all the PGA's best golfers can play LIV tournaments without penalty.

Who Wins - we the consumers of professional Golf.

Signed the ghost of Prestwick Golf Club

Alan K

1 minute ago, Alan K said:

The LIV should adopt whatever it needs to do to make all the LIV players eligible for FedEx points, putting the LIV and PGA on equal footing. That means the LIV will adopt four-day tournaments, long pants, and no more loud techno crap music. 

I believed gone confusing FedEx cup points and owgr points.

FedEx cup points are awarded to golfers who play on pga tour events, LIV would never be eligible for those. 

Owgr points is what they need to be able to qualify for playing in majors if they aren’t already exempt. They had the chance to do this and told the owgr board no thanks and then later went on to pull their application. LIV leadership doesn’t care to abide by the norms of the professional tours that participate in owgr

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Good points, Ricky Bobby - If the LIV adopted OWGR eligibility guidelines, wouldn't that level the playing field, and we, the consumer, would be able to watch the best PGA and LIV players compete in all major and nonmajor tournaments?

Alan K

16 minutes ago, Alan K said:

Good points, Ricky Bobby - If the LIV adopted OWGR eligibility guidelines, wouldn't that level the playing field, and we, the consumer, would be able to watch the best PGA and LIV players compete in all major and nonmajor tournaments?

It would help them, but as I said LOV leadership decided to not take the recommendations from the owgr board and implement them. Then pulled their application so until the either change their way of playing that meets the owgr criteria and reapply LIV will not receive owgr points and the members there will continue to slide down the ranking and lose out on opportunities for the majors unless they can perform well enough in them to eat a spot the following year or the next major. Right now Bryson has one year left of eligibility for the masters

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

18 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

If true, wow. 

IMG_4417.jpeg.49c4378cee36fedc6a03a5d69bffa4c4.jpeg

Well, that would be disappointing news for Rory to defect to a competing Tour - LIV.  I am not going to get into the politics of the LIV, but will say, I've not missed one who fled the PGA, including Rahm and DeChambeau. I've not watched 1 second of the LIV & have no interest in watching.  

Greg Norman made hundreds of millions of $$ building the Shark Brand as a Member of the PGA Tour including being a fan favorite. It's been his mission to start a competing tour for the past 30+ yrs.  New players emerge on the PGA Tour as Norman poaches.  But there will come a time this all comes to a head and in the end, the fans lose.  If true, Adios Rory!  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

8 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

If true, Adios Rory!  

From the Irish Independence:

Rory McIlroy has insisted he will be a PGA Tour player “for the rest of my career” as he rubbished reports he was considering a head-turning $850million move to LIV Golf.

The Northern Irishman was baffled of where reports stemmed from, with London financial paper City AM reporting that sources have told them that McIlroy “could” join LIV Golf.

McIlroy was asked today about the report and continued rumours circulating over him possibly jumping to LIV and he dismissed them out of hand.

"I honestly don’t know how these things get started. I have never been offered a number from LIV and have never contemplated going. I’ve made it clear over the past two years that I don’t think it’s something for me. Doesn’t mean that I judge people that have gone over and played over there.” he said.

“One of the things I’ve realised over the last two years is that people can make their own decisions for whatever they think is best for themselves. Who are we to judge that?

"Personally for me, my future is here on the PGA Tour. It’s never been any different.”

McIlroy also added that he has no idea where the rumours came from, stating that he will play the PGA Tour “for the rest of my career”.

The reports was earlier today slammed as “fake news” by his management.

“Fake news. Zero truth,” McIlroy’s manager Sean O’Flaherty said in an email.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Good post @chisag! Thanks for sharing.   Thought it odd, the report of him leaving for LIV would occur this week. But he's in the RBC Heritage field.  Would not put it beyond Norman & Co for being the "Leakers", to create constant turmoil. 

So many unfounded rumors! Here’s another rumor that has been circulating for the past week or more: LIV Tour is said to be considering going to a 72-hole format with no shotgun starts. When Jon Rahm was questioned about this, his response was, “Yes, that has been discussed”, but he didn’t elaborate about where or by whom it has been discussed.

If LIV indeed makes the above changes in tournament format, withholding of World Ranking Points would become far more difficult to justify.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

52 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Well, that would be disappointing news for Rory to defect to a competing Tour - LIV.  I am not going to get into the politics of the LIV, but will say, I've not missed one who fled the PGA, including Rahm and DeChambeau. I've not watched 1 second of the LIV & have no interest in watching.  

Greg Norman made hundreds of millions of $$ building the Shark Brand as a Member of the PGA Tour including being a fan favorite. It's been his mission to start a competing tour for the past 30+ yrs.  New players emerge on the PGA Tour as Norman poaches.  But there will come a time this all comes to a head and in the end, the fans lose.  If true, Adios Rory!  

Great points and I agree!

Play like a champion today!

8 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

So many unfounded rumors! Here’s another rumor that has been circulating for the past week or more: LIV Tour is said to be considering going to a 72-hole format with no shotgun starts. When Jon Rahm was questioned about this, his response was, “Yes, that has been discussed”, but he didn’t elaborate about where or by whom it has been discussed.

If LIV indeed makes the above changes in tournament format, withholding of World Ranking Points would become far more difficult to justify.

The biggest obstacle for OWGR isn’t the 54 vs. 72 holes. It’s the closed shop format with no cuts. The feeble attempt to drop a few languishing at the bottom and bring in a couple new faces didn’t pass muster with the OWGR. LIV is currently exactly as they want it. I don’t see them changing much in the short term. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

9 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Hey I heard a rumor that My Spy is working to get the season three VCT winner an invitation to the Masters……ha ha

Play like a champion today!

46 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Not really. They don’t want to change how people can get in and relegation. This was the biggest concern from the owgr.

They also pulled their application so it’s not even under consideration anymore by the owgr board. So they would have to reapply and go thru the process all over again which I doubt they will do

if they go to 72 holes it will be interesting to see if they change their name. LIV = 54

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

if they go to 72 holes it will be interesting to see if they change their name. LIV = 54

They can go to LIVLXXII @RickyBobby_PR🤣