Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

3 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Not in a million years would this ever happen. Ever. 

What wouldn’t happen? The saudis offering to include women in the events or something along those lines? Or the lpga members jumping ship?

Danielle Kang posted not that long ago about how making the cut didn’t even let her break even for the event. When one of the best players on the lpga isn’t breaking even for making the cut the offer of multiple millions to play just a few tournaments and not having to worry about making the cut becomes very enticing 

There’s been at least one LET event in Saudi Arabia so female golf isn’t out of the equation for them. They’ve also allowed females to be part of wrestling matches there (albeit not in their normal attire) which is unheard of for that part of the world

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

38 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Not in a million years would this ever happen. Ever. 

49 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

At the risk of bordering on the political... if you think Women's Rights and Equality is a struggle in the U.S.  .....

I don't see the ownership of the LIV Golf movement going co-ed anytime soon.  

It's already happening with Ladies Euro Tour -> https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/11/06/saudi-international-ladies-european-tour-criticism-need-versus-greed/  Multiple events held in the Saudi Arabia with elevated purses from Golf Saudi.

LPGA is next. 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

That would require the Saudi group to pay women and promote womens sports.  If that sort of paradigm shift occurred maybe this would be a good thing.

The pga as it is setup, has been making the top players disgruntled for a good while. With it being a 501c non profit,  I'm under the impression that that is why it can't put out different pay scales and rules for the top 10 or so players,  the entire membership has to be treated the same. It is also why the pga gives so much money to charity. It is setup very different then the other American sports.

I like my job and my company,  but if I was offered 5x the money to go from thirty five  4 day work works to eight 3 day weeks... yeah.  I'm in.

Saying this isn't good for golf might be short sided. It isn't good for strength of field and the PGA. but it is better for professional golfers.  I thought the PGL plan was a really cool idea to make the non major weeks worth watching.  Maybe this inspires the PGA to change,  adapt and come out with a more compelling product. Because the FedEx cup format sucks(imho). And watching 48 stroke play events is boring. The Zurich is fun,  but the teams are a one week thing and it comes off as a gimmick. 

I'll put a 3 golf tee wager that by the last LIV golf event of this year,  it has a stronger strength of field then the pga event the same week.

• Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, TBS said:

Others have said it but I don't see this as competition. Sure, DJ and maybe Phil's contracts are an accurate reflection on value but the other guys? No way. They are crazy overvalued. Unrealistic for the PGA tour to compete unless you bring in owners to draft teams like the other American sports leagues.

I've come around that LIV won't fail and unfortunately will end the PGA Tour. They simply can't compete. I think it is going to have horrible downstream impacts on KFT and mini tours and the beloved Monday Qs. 

We need a better golf product, but teams with logos made on Canva is not what we are looking for. Also, the majors won't be the same either. Quality of play will be drastically worse. Maybe not in the next 2-3 years but if LIV becomes the dominant tour, these guys won't have the same type of reps and prep for 72 hole stroke play. 

PGA tour needs to embrace PGL or even LIV. Sign agreements that top 20 players can play, and the other 20 players can be drafted for the 8 events. Reduce the schedule. Elevate some KFT events. Just something because pro golf is going to be miserable for the next few years if not.

I’ve heard that the contracts outside of a few of the big guys have language for future earnings as part of what they are paid for going to LIV. So until they reach those earnings they have to keep playing for LIV on the original deal

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

The PGA gives around 20% to charity. Not a ton for a charity whose paying their commissioner 5 million +. 2018 they only paid 16% to charity. I’d like to think they could do better…

• Like 3

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

10 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

That would require the Saudi group to pay women and promote womens sports.  If that sort of paradigm shift occurred maybe this would be a good thing.

Which is happening. Check out Vision 2030 - https://www.vision2030.gov.sa/

• Like 4

Let's get back to the event. A road down what they are or are not doing for women in sports can be determined in another thread and is a touchy subject at best. 

I know there is a Lot going on with this and the topic of LIV has so many off shoots, but I'll put it this way as we are already on edge with it any posts that take any sort of political angle should be reported and will then be hidden. Continued posts of this nature will mean locking this thread or enabling post approval.

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

35 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Danielle Kang posted not that long ago about how making the cut didn’t even let her break even for the event. When one of the best players on the lpga isn’t breaking even for making the cut

Danielle Kang has over $7.5 million in career earnings. She has over $500k in earnings thus far this year. Her weekly tournament earnings have ranged this year from $6k to $225k. Ok, so in her worst finish in a non-major this year she didn't break even for the week in a year where if she played a regular schedule she would make over $750k in tournament winnings. Add in her sponsorship money and she isn't struggling.

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Let's get back to the event. A road down what they are or are not doing for women in sports can be determined in another thread and is a touchy subject at best. 

I know there is a Lot going on with this and the topic of LIV has so many off shoots, but I'll put it this way as we are already on edge with it any posts that take any sort of political angle should be reported and will then be hidden. Continued posts of this nature will mean locking this thread or enabling post approval.

Yes - back to the event!

Mod request - can we get updated badges of each of the LIV teams logos for MGS members to show their support on the profile??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, LICC said:

Danielle Kang has over $7.5 million in career earnings. She has over $500k in earnings thus far this year. Her weekly tournament earnings have ranged this year from $6k to $225k. Ok, so in her worst finish in a non-major this year she didn't break even for the week in a year where if she played a regular schedule she would make over $750k in tournament winnings. Add in her sponsorship money and she isn't struggling.

She wasn’t talking about struggling. She was making the point about how for an lpga member that barely making the cut still results in a loss of money. 

quote from the interview. So once again your take is incorrect on what was stated.

Let’s kind of look at it from a broader perspective. I’m one player. How about the average tour players? I made $6,000 last week, made the cut; I didn’t break even last week. That’s me budgeting. I have to drive, rent a car, get a hotel room. Luckily enough for me I’m sponsored by BMW that provides for me the car. That saves like $500, $1000 etc.”

The winner of January’s Tournament of Champions was enthusiastic about the future:

“We have to think about all these things. So for us, when companies step up and give us an opportunity to make a living, make the tour better and broader and for players to compete and to be an actual job, it’s nice to see that.”

and if you want to read more 

https://www.golfwrx.com/674158/made-the-cut-last-week-and-didnt-break-even-danielle-kang-on-financial-realities-of-life-on-lpga-tour/

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

19 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So once again your take is incorrect on what was stated.

Nothing I said was incorrect. Facts.

The mods have asked that we stick to the golf event in this thread, so I will respect that and not make any further comments on this point.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TBS said:

Yes - back to the event!

Mod request - can we get updated badges of each of the LIV teams logos for MGS members to show their support on the profile??

The names are killing me.....like you couldnt be a little original?!?

Crushers.....

Smash....

Hi Flyers......

Man whoever came up with these names really missed the bus for creativity class

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

The names are killing me.....like you couldnt be a little original?!?

Crushers.....

Smash....

Hi Flyers......

Man whoever came up with these names really missed the bus for creativity class

Apparently there are descriptions for why the names are what they are too which is comical.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Apparently there are descriptions for why the names are what they are too which is comical.

I had to look up niblick and cleek!!

image.png.c64e524d801be2613c726cbfbc4f6d1e.png

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

All the more reason to give more attention to the Ladies in the LPGA! 

I didn't watch the Ladies US Open, but I DID watch the Ladies NCAAs this year and the level of golf was off the chain.
I'm going to start watching more women's golf.

• Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 9* | VA Nemesys 65 R
Fairway metals: :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 5 wood | VA Nemesys 65 R, Rogue St Max 7 wood | Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60 R
Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P770 8-P matched | True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS +.5, 1 degree up
Wedges: 1240867525_default_vokey-small1.gif.fd86a2e0ab83b468ba0f432d800e9cee.gif SM8 54 S10, SM 8 58 S10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold, SM9 48 F10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 34" stock shaft

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

With both Rickie & Bryson playing in the LIV, Cobra will be looking for new players to sponsor.

Do not know exactly on that but correct me if I am in left field here---- Remember there was a Cobra Norman connection at one time

• Like 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

30 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And the logos or whatever you call them look like they were done by 5th graders for intermural sports. In fact I think the 5th graders could do better

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Do not know exactly on that but correct me if I am in left field here---- Remember there was a Cobra Norman connection at one time

Interesting you mention that I just went through their site and he is no longer listed as a coach/ambassador/icon....he was last year.

image.png.e2e0ba8039385ff53cfbfc7b60837ca4.png

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

57 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Forget the team names. Look at the field. Unless you're a golf junkie, you wouldn't recognize 8 players in the entire field.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x