TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

On 6/16/2022 at 8:21 AM, cnosil said:

Referring to the PGA pros that have discussed they aren’t chasing money and going to liv and playing the PGA tour to have their name on a trophy next to players like Hogan.  These pros play 15-25 tournaments a year.  

How do you know how much money any of them do or don’t donate to charity?

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

And, sadly, this is something they should have worked out before choosing the nuclear option.  If they at least attempted to work a deal that allowed both to exist it would have looked better to the players and fans. Some argue there is no way they can make both work - I disagree.  There is always a way forward if people have a mind to make it happen.

Not sure where your sources are coming from, but yeah, losing those guys would be bad and likely be the catalyst for others to consider LIV as well. 

As I shared on our FTx chat, #decimelplacematters 😆

What would that “deal” look like?

On 6/16/2022 at 7:46 AM, cnosil said:

I’m waiting for those that say they don’t play for the money but to see their name on a trophy and play against the best in the world to donate all the money they win to charity.  

I gotta give Stacy Lewis credit on that one---- What ever tournament she won that year she gave her entire winnings for flood relief for Houston Texas I believe it was

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

14 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Over on another site, there were a number of high profile golfers that are now rumored to be jumping ship. Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland. If they were true, that would be a huge blow to PGA. I know that Fowler and Wolff aren’t what they used to be but that doesn’t leave a ton of high profile guys left.

If that were true, PGA might be forced to do some dealings with LIV.

Morikawa would be a big loss for the Tour. At this point Koepka would help LIV but wouldn’t be devastating for the Tour. Xander would hurt but losing Morikawa would be tough. 

3 hours ago, LICC said:

How do you know how much money any of them do or don’t donate to charity?

My point wasn't about what they do or don't currently donate to charity as was a reaction to players that say that they aren't playing golf for the money.   

The top name players that are turning down the LIV offers are saying it isn't about the money. Rory and other have stated or implied that it is about the PGA events, the courses, the best players, and having their names on a trophy next to names like Hogan.   These tour players have typically been successful, have high paying sponsors, and have a nice bank account.   Many of us would  believe they have steady income streams without tournament winnings;  so my point was that if they aren't playing golf for the "money" and simply for the reasons I listed then donate ALL of their winnings to charity.    

Employee surveys indicate that money isn't the top driver in employee satisfaction or retention and thinks like how employees are treated, work conditions,  and social interactions rank higher.   But money is on the list.   My company recently did such a survey and the results indicate that money wasn't a main driver, but reading feedback on employee forums and in town hall type meetings, there are people that are driven by the financial side.   This is probably influenced by how well they are able to provide the basic needs for themselves and their families.  Some people are willing to leave jobs for equal or lower pay simply to improve their working conditions.  

The players that have chosen to play LIV golf are most likely doing it for the  money and to ensure they are able to take care of themselves and their families long term.  The amount someone needs to believes they need is linked directly to that person and no one can judge what they need or don't.   Whether they say it or not the players remaining on the PGA tour are still playing golf for the money;  they are just in a position where they can make a choice not to accept the higher paying LIV tour.  

Based on your statement and my interpretation of your statement, we should NEVER judge anyones salary or what they do or don't donate to charity.   These players play golf for a living and they play on some tour that pays them to play.   Based on the PGA tours 501.C status,  they are not able to provide perks to individuals that are not provided to everyone so they cannot do the pay to play type things other tours might do.  My guess is that based on the amounts of money the LIV is paying these players,  the PGA tour would do the same if they were legally allowed.   Also, If we looked at the jobs or people on this forum, we could probably find people that worked for US based companies that others would never work for simply because of who they deal with or what they manufacture. 

At the end of the day professional golf is entertainment and we are all free to choose what forms or entertainment we want to watch or support.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

My point wasn't about what they do or don't currently donate to charity as was a reaction to players that say that they aren't playing golf for the money.   

The top name players that are turning down the LIV offers are saying it isn't about the money. Rory and other have stated or implied that it is about the PGA events, the courses, the best players, and having their names on a trophy next to names like Hogan.   These tour players have typically been successful, have high paying sponsors, and have a nice bank account.   Many of us would  believe they have steady income streams without tournament winnings;  so my point was that if they aren't playing golf for the "money" and simply for the reasons I listed then donate ALL of their winnings to charity.    

Employee surveys indicate that money isn't the top driver in employee satisfaction or retention and thinks like how employees are treated, work conditions,  and social interactions rank higher.   But money is on the list.   My company recently did such a survey and the results indicate that money wasn't a main driver, but reading feedback on employee forums and in town hall type meetings, there are people that are driven by the financial side.   This is probably influenced by how well they are able to provide the basic needs for themselves and their families.  Some people are willing to leave jobs for equal or lower pay simply to improve their working conditions.  

The players that have chosen to play LIV golf are most likely doing it for the  money and to ensure they are able to take care of themselves and their families long term.  The amount someone needs to believes they need is linked directly to that person and no one can judge what they need or don't.   Whether they say it or not the players remaining on the PGA tour are still playing golf for the money;  they are just in a position where they can make a choice not to accept the higher paying LIV tour.  

Based on your statement and my interpretation of your statement, we should NEVER judge anyones salary or what they do or don't donate to charity.   These players play golf for a living and they play on some tour that pays them to play.   Based on the PGA tours 501.C status,  they are not able to provide perks to individuals that are not provided to everyone so they cannot do the pay to play type things other tours might do.  My guess is that based on the amounts of money the LIV is paying these players,  the PGA tour would do the same if they were legally allowed.   Also, If we looked at the jobs or people on this forum, we could probably find people that worked for US based companies that others would never work for simply because of who they deal with or what they manufacture. 

At the end of the day professional golf is entertainment and we are all free to choose what forms or entertainment we want to watch or support.  

These players can easily get a fortune more than they make now if they joined LIV. They choose not to. Clearly, their choice on which Tour to play is not driven by the money. Nothing you said nor your comment about donating to charity changes that conclusion. 

Edited by LICC

9 minutes ago, LICC said:

These players can easily get a fortune more than they make now if they joined LIV. They choose not to. Clearly, their choice on which Tour to play is not driven by the money. Nothing you said nor your comment about donating to charity changes that conclusion. 

Yes, they can make more money by joining LIV and while they don't necessarily need the money it is a reason they do what they do otherwise they would remain an amateur or donate the money or refuse to be paid.  They simply chose to not switch where they work.   I just don't want to hear them continue to say I don't play golf for the money because money is a main reason people work.  Those that switched did so for the paycheck and I don't fault them for making that choice.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yes, they can make more money by joining LIV and while they don't necessarily need the money it is a reason they do what they do otherwise they would remain an amateur or donate the money or refuse to be paid.  They simply chose to not switch where they work.   I just don't want to hear them continue to say I don't play golf for the money because money is a main reason people work.  Those that switched did so for the paycheck and I don't fault them for making that choice.  

You are trying to dismiss those who didn’t sell out to LIV because they still get paid well playing on the PGA Tour. They are choosing to forego massively more money to stay with the Tour. 
Those who sold out to LIV are terrible not just because they sold out for more money, but because of who they are helping by being stooges for them, and just for more money. I don’t want to go further into this door you opened because the moderators want to keep this to golf and not politics. 

Edited by LICC

1 hour ago, LICC said:

You are trying to dismiss those who didn’t sell out to LIV because they still get paid well playing on the PGA Tour. They are choosing to forego massively more money to stay with the Tour. 
Those who sold out to LIV are terrible not just because they sold out for more money, but because of who they are helping by being stooges for them, and just for more money. I don’t want to go further into this door you opened because the moderators want to keep this to golf and not politics. 

I am not dismissing anyone.   People  choose a job for a multitude of reasons one of which is money.  Yes, some get paid well playing on the PGA tour and these are the players we hear from that say it isn't about money.   There are players that leave golf daily because they can no longer afford to play golf professionally.

It is simply yours and others opinion that the players that play the LIV tour are terrible; you are dismissing those players.   People change jobs daily for more money and to go to work for companies; even completely US based companies, that others wouldn't go to work for.  

This is simply the entertainment business and a company offered players a job and some accepted and some didn't for their own reasons;  it is nothing more.   Just like any other form of entertainment you can choose to watch or no watch.  For me it is simply golf.  

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I just don't want to hear them continue to say I don't play golf for the money because money is a main reason people work.

Agree.  These type statements coming from players who have already stuffed their beds with feathers is a wee bit empty.  It's an easy statement to make at this point in their career and personal, generational wealth.  Does Rory, Rahm and others make these same claims as rookies and prior to making their fortunes?  According to the PGA's data, in 2021, the average tour player bagged $1.5M/year with #1 Rahm earning $7.7M and #250 Parker McLachlin earning $6100. 

While I suspect a few more "big name/big bank account" players will leave, the biggest risk to the PGA (and DP Tour for that matter) are those in that nuttin to 60% annual earning group... those who haven't yet made their fortunes. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Gents I think your missing the point, every country in the world has history even here in NZ. My ancestors were cannibal WOW… point is we’ve become civilised as has Northern Ireland USA etc. only difference I see is we got there sooner . We need to support anyone trying to improve not exclude them, I was taught when I got help hitting the ball I was obliged to do that for the learner I played with which I’ve done both with Tennis and Golf ⛳️ cheers 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 6/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, russtopherb said:

Probably not the best Titleist example, as he wouldn't be a sponsored pro (or even on the tour at all, for that matter) if not for his father.

He’s a former US Am winner and has (I believe) 3 wins on the European Tour. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

On 6/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, LICC said:

He is a credentialed member of the press. He should expect to be able to be there without getting physically removed. 

On 6/10/2022 at 6:57 AM, russtopherb said:

Yeah that’s hilarious, the thought of a well respected golf journalist being physically abused for doing his job. Why on earth did you think this was something even remotely worthwhile or appropriate to post given everything we’ve been talking about????

On 6/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, TBS said:

Or covering the event as a credentialed journalist.

I always assumed it was common knowledge that in order to be considered a “credentialed journalist” a journalist would have to be issued credentials to cover the event in question.

Apparently this is not something many people know.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

On 6/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, Bang60 said:

point is we’ve become civilised as has Northern Ireland USA etc. only difference I see is we got there sooner

That is the “stage theory” in sociology, which has been discredited as highly flawed. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:12 PM, PeterHenric said:

Over on another site, there were a number of high profile golfers that are now rumored to be jumping ship. Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland. If they were true, that would be a huge blow to PGA. I know that Fowler and Wolff aren’t what they used to be but that doesn’t leave a ton of high profile guys left.

If that were true, PGA might be forced to do some dealings with LIV.

I would like to look at that, what site, or link?

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

From the sounds of it they will have a slow bleed of announcements to keep them relevant in news cycles longer.

Sucks to see Brooks leave at least for me personally.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Ancer & Koepka gone; who’s next? I think a few will wait until after the Scottish Open & Open Championship and then see what the situation looks like. These won’t be the last. If they want to badly enough, they can always find a tour (Asian, Japan) to play a few events and gain some OWGR points. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

From the sounds of it they will have a slow bleed of announcements to keep them relevant in news cycles longer.

I can't explain exactly why, but I don't feel like I'll miss Koepka. He has gotten to be such an annoying individual, he never was a dynamic or likeable personality, he never brought the same level and focus to Tour events as he did the majors, and his game has slipped recently.

11 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Brooks is the poster child for LiV

only cares about money. Not even sure he actually likes playing golf

I can’t stand that dude. So aggravating, and such an egomaniac. He reminds me of the CC kids back in the 70s that showed-up to public tournaments in Ann Arbor and acted like we all owed them something because they were playing in the tournament. I will not miss Koepka in the least!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Good news for Brooks - he should be used to having to wear ridiculous outfits and hats being with Nike, so when LIV begins making players wear LIV uniforms he won't feel out of place.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I can’t stand that dude. So aggravating, and such an egomaniac. He reminds me of the CC kids back in the 70s that showed-up to public tournaments in Ann Arbor and acted like we all owed them something because they were playing in the tournament. I will not miss Koepka in the least!

Amen to that!

On the other hand, I liked Ancer and certainly hope Morikawa doesn't jump ship...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

It is going to be interesting to see what this ends-up looking like for sure. The pull of money, no cuts, “men’s league” atmosphere is intriguing and I get it. It will be interesting to see what happens when the young bucks aren’t in the 48 man fields and can’t earn even $1 that week! At some point that will happen. Just goes to show that those who have millions, fly private and have no worries about income can STILL be enticed to have more. 
Outside of more money in the weekly purses, what’s the Tour’s answer???

Just now, Kanoito said:

Amen to that!

On the other hand, I liked Ancer and certainly hope Morikawa doesn't jump ship...

Same.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yeah I'm not happy to see Brooks leave... but I think I'm still holding onto the pre-covid years Brooks when he was really competitive.

I feel like the trend of higher profile golfers (Michelson, DJ, and now Brooks) that are going over to LIV are guys that have lost passion for the game and don't care about the prestige anymore.  I think that's why guys like Tiger and JT won't go... You can tell that JT cares about the prestige with the way he plays.  He wants those majors, and you can almost never count him out.  

someone can bookmark this and throw it back in my face if JT ever jumps ship... I just don't see a guy like him moving over.

Feels like the LIV tour is going to end up looking like a bunch of dudes out for their Sunday scramble having fun because the stakes and prestige isn't really there, and they all get paid anyway.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

The tour needs to address some of the problems the players have with the current structure. They took the right stance with banning players but they still are losing players each week. Unfortunately it seems that they won’t make any adjustments until they fall below the required strength of field and sponsors start asking for money back. It’s a shame that it’s come to this with players leaving for a exhibition league, should they get certified for OWGR points their is no telling what would happen. The rumor of morikawa and shauffele leaving isn’t good news. It’s proven that where theirs smoke theirs fire at this point with LIV defectors

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Yeah I'm not happy to see Brooks leave... but I think I'm still holding onto the pre-covid years Brooks when he was really competitive.

This is an interesting take. Did the break from professional golf due to COVID give players the opportunity to reevaluate their careers?

Brooks clearly came out of COVID with a return to the office attitude. Doing this as a job.

JT came back missing the opportunity to compete.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I feel like the trend of higher profile golfers (Michelson, DJ, and now Brooks) that are going over to LIV are guys that have lost passion for the game and don't care about the prestige anymore.  I think that's why guys like Tiger and JT won't go... You can tell that JT cares about the prestige with the way he plays.  He wants those majors, and you can almost never count him out.  

someone can bookmark this and throw it back in my face if JT ever jumps ship... I just don't see a guy like him moving over.

Feels like the LIV tour is going to end up looking like a bunch of dudes out for their Sunday scramble having fun because the stakes and prestige isn't really there, and they all get paid anyway.

Is there prestige in winning the Travelers this week? Or the JD, or Rocket Mortgage? I dont think the field at JD this year is going to be much more enticing, if at all, then the LIV event. 

I saw an interesting stat this morning that 9 of the last 21 major winners have gone to LIV, that's 40%. That's not a small number. 

I also think it's interesting seeing a lot of people bash the no cut approach yet the WGC's have typically been no cut events, haven't they? 

Breed said on the radio this morning that there is a players only meeting today and another meeting amongst players/administration?. I think Monahan is starting to feel the pressure and a calculated response is coming tomorrow. 

Edited by ZJBogey2

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

2 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Is their prestige in winning the Travelers this week? Or the JD, or Rocket Mortgage? I dont think the field at JD this year is going to be much more enticing, if at all, then the LIV event. 

I saw an interesting stat this morning that 9 of the last 21 major winners have gone to LIV, that's 40%. That's not a small number. 

I also think it's interesting seeing a lot of people bash the no cut approach yet the WGC's have typically been no cut events, haven't they? 

Breed said on the radio this morning that there is a players only meeting today and another meeting amongst players/administration?. I think Monahan is starting to feel the pressure and a calculated response is coming tomorrow. 

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what the PGA says at the next conference but have they reached a point of no return? I feel like their ego is to big for them to do the right thing without them feeling like they are folding. 

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x