Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

34 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I like the sound of that, and given the events, a lot of the big names already attend a lot of those (maybe not Sentry given the Hawaii travel?). I'd like to nominate Colorado as one of the sites for the events 🤪 not enough PGA events in the area and need more! 

I can see them having one of these every month through September, skipping August for the FedexCup events. 

31 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I dont think the shotgun start would have any baring on awarding points.

It should. The players are not playing the course as it was designed. The closing holes at Pebble Beach or Sawgrass wouldn't be the same for players to play them in the middle of the round while others finish out on those holes. Different pressure.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

It’s not about the money; it is about the history of the tournament and having you name next to players like Hogan, Snead,….. oh wait they didnt play these new events.  😂

Some are new events and some aren't. Hogan and Snead played at Riviera. Nicklaus and the Memorial, etc.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, LICC said:

Some are new events and some aren't. Hogan and Snead played at Riviera. Nicklaus and the Memorial, etc.

The point of my post is that players are saying it isn't about the money and more about the actual events and history,  but the PGA tour is creating new events and offering more money.    Playing golf is a job and people switch or stay at jobs for multiple reasons; for some it is more money and others it is about work conditions.    Why can't the players that are turning down the offers simply say that the PGA tour has been good to me and I have made a lot of money playing the game and I am not going to switch simply for more money.    My guess they won't say that because they have a figure and if the LIV tour comes up with that amount they will move. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Why can't the players that are turning down the offers simply say that the PGA tour has been good to me and I have made a lot of money playing the game and I am not going to switch simply for more money. 

That is what they are saying. Watch Rahm’s first press conference last week. 
Many people will turn down more money based on their morals and legacy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

The point of my post is that players are saying it isn't about the money and more about the actual events and history,  but the PGA tour is creating new events and offering more money.    Playing golf is a job and people switch or stay at jobs for multiple reasons; for some it is more money and others it is about work conditions.    Why can't the players that are turning down the offers simply say that the PGA tour has been good to me and I have made a lot of money playing the game and I am not going to switch simply for more money.    My guess they won't say that because they have a figure and if the LIV tour comes up with that amount they will move. 

I think you’re being too literal, I haven’t seen any pro say they don’t care about money at all. Of course the pros expect to win $ playing tournaments, expecting them to give it ALL away to prove it’s not (just) about money isn’t necessary. What they are saying is it’s not solely about who pays the most, there are other considerations. Some people are willing to overlook almost anything for money, some aren’t.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Wholely disagree but another view…evidently Bark and Phil are good friends.

424DE68B-D6C6-4F9C-9CC7-1C1CB41856F7.webp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

Wholely disagree but another view…evidently Bark and Phil are good friends.

424DE68B-D6C6-4F9C-9CC7-1C1CB41856F7.webp

There’s a lot of people that feel this way, some just won’t admit it so they can look morally good. Someone offers me to work less days and significantly increases my pay I’m jumping ship. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I think you’re being too literal, I haven’t seen any pro say they don’t care about money at all. Of course the pros expect to win $ playing tournaments, expecting them to give it ALL away to prove it’s not (just) about money isn’t necessary. What they are saying is it’s not solely about who pays the most, there are other considerations. Some people are willing to overlook almost anything for money, some aren’t.

I am being extreme and not literal.  I know they care about the money, we all do.  We hear people talk about Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk and the other billionaires and say they have too much money, we hear that athletes play for too much money.  People choose to work for multiple reasons and money is definitely a main consideration.   People live a lifestyle and need money to support that lifestyle.    As for overlooking things for money, people do it everyday.   yes, some people won’t work certain jobs in the USA because of what they produce or their politics.  Others look beyond their beliefs and work those jobs for the money even though.    People don’t work for meat packing plants, gun manufacturers, defense contractors, etc simply because of their beliefs and that is fine.  

the only opinion people should have in this thread is yes I would take the money or no I wouldn’t take the money and they shouldn’t judge the individuals that do because none of us walk in their shoes.  No one has a crystal ball and knows how much money they will need for the rest of their lives.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, LICC said:

Many people will turn down more money based on their morals and legacy. 

yep, some will and some won’t.   It isn’t your place to cast stones or judge what they have done because you don’t walk in their shoes.  You can only provide you thought on what you think you would do if you were in that situation. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

yep, some will and some won’t.   It isn’t your place to cast stones or judge what they have done because you don’t walk in their shoes.  You can only provide you thought on what you think you would do if you were in that situation. 

Of course any of us can express opinions about the greed and morals of the sellouts. We all have sufficient information on this. We are affected by it and/or have an interest as golf fans and can judge the players actions in that light. None of the stars who joined LIV were ever going to worry about their families starving. 

13 minutes ago, LICC said:

Of course any of us can express opinions about the greed and morals of the sellouts. We all have sufficient information on this. We are affected by it and/or have an interest as golf fans and can judge the players actions in that light. None of the stars who joined LIV were ever going to worry about their families starving. 

John 8:7

“When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, ‘Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.’”

Nobody here should judge another person for what they do or why they do it regardless if it’s an athlete who is doing something you don’t believe is right or not or if it’s another member and whatever choice they make. Way too many on the internet ride their high horse behind keyboards 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Judge is one thing, but to have an opinion on what is right and wrong is fine. Judging can also occur when one thinks they’re just expressing an opinion toward another’s views. Hard to distinguish. It’s all in the heart of the person… 

After reading through the thread I do find it interesting how folks are investing so much energy into this discussion. Beyond me, to be honest. I’m going to go find someone posting about putting covers on their irons now… Have a blessed day!!! 

• Like 6

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

25 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

John 8:7

“When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, ‘Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.’”

Nobody here should judge another person for what they do or why they do it regardless if it’s an athlete who is doing something you don’t believe is right or not or if it’s another member and whatever choice they make. Way too many on the internet ride their high horse behind keyboards 

No one is stoning these players to death. We are giving opinions on a forum. Who are you or who is @cnosil to tell anyone else whether they can voice an opinion about something?

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, LICC said:

No one is stoning these players to death. We are giving opinions on a forum. Who are you or who is @cnosil to tell anyone else whether they can voice an opinion about something?

I am not saying you can’t provide you opinion and you have.  I have simply provided a counter opinion that none of us know the actual situation these golfers are in or why they make the decisions they do.  You consider it greed, selling out, and compromising morals; I consider it making a decision to secure the future for their families since no one knows what  they will need in 5, 10, 20 years and beyond.  My opinion is that you believe everyone should share your opinion about the players going to LIV as being greedy and lacking morals.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I am not saying you can’t provide you opinion and you have.  I have simply provided a counter opinion that none of us know the actual situation these golfers are in or why they make the decisions they do.  You consider it greed, selling out, and compromising morals; I consider it making a decision to secure the future for their families since no one knows what  they will need in 5, 10, 20 years and beyond.  My opinion is that you believe everyone should share your opinion about the players going to LIV as being greedy and lacking morals.  

It’s not having different opinions, it’s both of you quoting and restating them over and over that suggests intolerance for other opinions?

• Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I lol’ed. 

57AFFA4D-9CBC-476A-80A9-6F184EBC2FAE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

Jay Monahan today: 

"We welcome good, healthy competition. The LIV Saudi golf league is not that. It’s an irrational threat; one not concerned with the return on investment or true growth of the game.

Currently no one organization owns or dominates the game of golf. Instead, the various entities, be it Augusta National or the USGA or the LPGA or the PGA Tour or the PGA of America work together to meet our own respective priorities, but with the best interests of the game overall at heart,” he continued. “But when someone attempts to buy the sport, dismantle the institutions that are intrinsically invested in its growth, and focus only on a personal priority, that partnership evaporates, and instead we end up with one person, one entity, using endless amounts of money to direct employees, not members or partners, toward their personal goal, which may or may not change tomorrow or the next day. I doubt that’s the vision any of us have for the game."

• Love 1

On 6/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, Middler said:

+1. I don’t even like it remotely, e.g. I don’t watch the WM Phoenix Open because of the featured drunks. I’m sure many here saw highlights from last year where fans threw thousands of (semi) full cups and cans of beer all over #16 after holes in one? Many of the fans got drenched in beer in the process, not my idea of fun - ever. Disgusting to me, I guess I don’t “get it.”

004F7BF7-4642-4EC9-92E9-76081FADE06D.png

That is disgusting, not called for drunken idiots.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, Middler said:

I’m a little surprised to see B Koepka jump ship, but I can rationalize that too, aside from money alone. He’s been injury plagued for years now, and it’s in his best interest to cash in while he can - it looks like he’s going to have a shorter career than most for physical reasons. Sorry to see Ancer go too, but he’s not quite a marquee player. All that said, it keeps getting harder and harder to call the Obnoxious Greed League all has been a and also rans. IF they get some true marquee PGA players (DJ is still closest) to sign, the PGA could really be in trouble, so far they’re treading water…

Kinda sad so many people will take dirty money without hesitation, not just golf. Morals are passé nowadays.

You said it.