Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

Just now, MGoBlue100 said:

Fowler has been rumored, but I haven't seen where he's made the move has he?

He also just committed to Rocker Mortgage so that would suggest he isn't playing LIV.

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

55 minutes ago, TBS said:

Nah - Phil is getting off easy. 

Not too long ago, the biggest name in golf had to do this for an non-golf, off course issue - 

It's just a shame Elin missed.  Of course, those long irons are hard to hit.

• Haha 3

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

We wont see the good old battles because LIV players are banned from PGA so lets talk about it at the majors where they at least can still face off agonist each other and lets see who the winners are and who we hope wins for fun.

That is my point lets stop bickering and get back to the battle of the golf legends superstars. LIV is alive and growing almost daily, we can't ignore it or hope it goes away because it will not, not as long as Saudi has a king, has oil and the internal combustion engine is king.

Edited by Hacker1
typo

i know if i was a above avg tour golfer and got offered a good sum of money from liv golf to join i would take it , things can happen to people so they can not compete anymore , so get the money up front and enjoy life .

if i had to bet on the next pga players to leave it would be --r. fowler -- jason day --a. scott  -- t. fleetwood ..

what i don't know is now they have 48 players , what if they have 80 , i can understand having 72 with a shotgun start 4x18  

but with 80 ??

Ok here we go again, putting it in one place.

Who will be the top 3 LIV golfers at The Open and where will they finish?

Will Tiger beat Phil?

Will Rory and Justin beat Brooks and Bryson?

What will Tiger say about LIV and Phil?

42 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Will Tiger beat Phil?

Seriously? The LIV players will all get stomped again…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Tiger is h the GOAT and will be shown because of it. His comeback has already started at the Masters. Btw Phil can play The Open so while they are on separate tours this is one event that will see them in the same field. The Tiger vs Phil isn’t what everyone wants it to be or thought it was 

Wrong! - Jack is the greatest of all time and he never made Barbara look like a fool.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: 4 - PW King Forged Tec with Aerotech Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 or Maxfli Tour

13 hours ago, LICC said:

The new structure helps the top 50-70 players and is worse for the lower ranked players. It may even negatively affect the other tours that are part of the PGA Tour. LIV has forced a shifting of resources to the top players at the expense of others. This was one of the reasons the PGA Tour hadn’t done this before- to not hurt the rank and file members. Guys like Mickelson and Norman wanted bigger shares of the pie and didn’t care about those lower ranked players or affiliated tours. 

I equate this to what I’ve heard and experiences in my life, I was a foundation member of a Lion’s club in Sydney and my first year was 1st VP. 2nd year I was the President and what went on was a real eye opening experience, at the many meetings I attended during the week I associated with some of those in power such as  a Prison Warden and police and politicians. And I was part of a great organisation raising money for charity, but the manoeuvres that went on by some to get control of different projects was eye opening.  I see alot of this going on with Jay and the pga, sadly I think it’s too little too late because he’s made a lot of enemies with long memories…

15 hours ago, LICC said:LIV has forced a shifting of resources to the top players at the expense of others. This was one of the reasons the PGA Tour hadn’t done this before- to not hurt the rank and file members. Guys like Mickelson and Norman wanted bigger shares of the pie and didn’t care about those lower ranked players or affiliated tours. 

I don’t agree, increasing the winning price also increases the following winners to the last position. 

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i know if i was a above avg tour golfer and got offered a good sum of money from liv golf to join i would take it , things can happen to people so they can not compete anymore , so get the money up front and enjoy life .

if i had to bet on the next pga players to leave it would be --r. fowler -- jason day --a. scott  -- t. fleetwood ..

what i don't know is now they have 48 players , what if they have 80 , i can understand having 72 with a shotgun start 4x18  

but with 80 ??

That’s what Andy O thought. Now he is the first person dropped lol. PGA tour career over. Only way to fight back is to do Asian tour events.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

4 hours ago, shootmyage said:

phil  has a lot of putters , more than 50  i would think , he could be a great golfer again if he would change to a better putter , also he should stop trying to shape every shot and just put the ball in the middle of the green .

Then he would not be "Phil The Thrill" as we know him. He is exciting to me in as how in the heck is he going to get out of this? And the worse he scores then the crazier the shots he tries to pull off and yes he is a showman.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

7 hours ago, Hacker1 said:

Will Tiger beat Phil?

I'm thinking the Liv players are going to do well at the Open, in the Top 3...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hacker1 said:

Will Tiger beat Phil?

It will be similar results as the US Open. Only a couple make the cut, the rest flounder. Brooks has the best chance.

I don't think Tiger will say anything too groundbreaking about LIV as to not take away from the R&A and the Open but I think that he eventually will. Tiger, JT, Spieth, and Rory are the only weapons the PGA tour has and I believe this group will make a strategic move to counter LIV. Just not until after the Open and maybe even after the Tour Championship at the end of August.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx