Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That is true. My first take on it was a little different thinking dissapointed was too light. If I was dropping someone I believe I would have said unacceptable. Will be good to get some more clarity on it, but I do agree it could go both ways. 

Agree. More clarification is probably needed. Also of note is that DJ has played in other Saudi events without the RBC logo anywhere on him. So they are probably against any support for Saudi hosted events from any tour and him breaking from the pga tour event could be the end

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just now, Shankster said:

Not trying to be a jerk.  But I could care less what NLU has to say.  😐

I will agree coverage would help. 

Haha not being a jerk at all. I enjoy them and their content whether it be podcasts or videos. They have seen/played enough courses they should have a good feel for them so I tend to trust their judgement. It is kinda what they made their block on. 

That being said I'm more then open to other opinions if anyone has played them or knows more about them!

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Haha not being a jerk at all. I enjoy them and their content whether it be podcasts or videos. They have seen/played enough courses they should have a good feel for them so I tend to trust their judgement. It is kinda what they made their block on. 

That being said I'm more then open to other opinions if anyone has played them or knows more about them!

It is probably my jealousy at the fact they got to play courses us mortals can’t touch. Yet they are mortals too.

• Like 4

Kind of forgot that DJ is already 37, so this makes a lot more sense than I initially thought. He's probably a little young, but getting into that age group that can compete, but won't win very often on the PGA. Like the 4 or 5 big name Euro guys that jumped he's just looking for big paydays before the end. Talor Gooch is a bit of a surprise given the strides he's made, he's young, and a top 50 player. The amateur guys are also a little surprising, but maybe they aren't thinking about a career as a pro. Maybe they just want to play for a few years, make a few million, and go do something else. And a guy like Chase Kopeka isn't surprising either. Why bounce between PGA & Korn Ferry when, even if you're the worst guy in the field, you're getting a guaranteed paycheck.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I laughed out loud at this because I feel the exact same…

Also, looks like RBC cut ties with DJ…

• Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I laughed out loud at this because I feel the exact same…

Also, looks like RBC cut ties with DJ…

• Love 1
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

46 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It is probably my jealousy at the fact they got to play courses us mortals can’t touch. Yet they are mortals too.

I was gonna say I wish I could get sick of 50 courses lol, mere mortals we are 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

Will I watch? I just watched 3 nights of 17 & 18 year olds I've never heard of on golf channel, so yeah I'll watch. Does that mean I'm okay with the atrocities committed by the regime over there? NO! The constant all or nothing stances that social media has created is beyond tiring. 

Are we even going to be able to watch? I havent seen anything on tv rights or production/broadcast. Im guessing its going to be on youtube? If so, I hope they keep the comments going live. 

Also, remember this is going to be a team event where teams are drafted and different every week. 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I hear you, but I do tend to agree with them that courses like Southern Hills, Brookline, etc. are much more interesting to watch and more full of drama than TPC Craig Ranch. And looking at the list of courses, it looks like LIV is going to be full of Craig Ranch type courses. If you disagree, can you remember the par 3s at Craig Ranch or par 3s at Whistling Straits...

Pro golf needs an updated product, I just dont think this is the product that the viewers are asking for

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Do we expect PGA to issue suspensions?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

Maxfli Tour

18 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Do we expect PGA to issue suspensions?

Yeah I think so, but know that they don't have to and probably won't make these suspensions public. It will have to come from the players. This is going to end up in court. Allegedly Monahan was in DC a few weeks ago, probably lobbying for some support for updates to anti trust.

• Like 2

I think that any pga tour member should be able to play in whatever tour they want but that also means they can't be members of multiple tours. 

I also think these players are taking a big risk to sign up for something this early. Yeah, there might only be 10 events or so, but what about potential media requirements (hearing 90 min per event), ads, appearances, commitment to play in multiple asian tour events, course conditions not up to their standard, hospitality tents and locker rooms different than what they are used to, etc. 

This article was posted today. It might give players a good window into a different type of management style than they are used to. - https://www.wsj.com/articles/expatriate-executives-flee-saudi-arabias-bad-bosses-crown-prince-mohammed-mbs-neom-nasr-11654008823?mod=djem10point

BUT, if money is the most important thing to you, go for it! And don't lie to us saying that this is to grow the game. This is going to get interesting. 

I hope this drama and controversy airs on the upcoming Netflix show (at least leading up to the event as I imagine there wouldn't be any on course footage from it). It looked like they were following Poulter on his jet over the weekend. DJ and Sergio are also part of the Netflix series. Netflix has to be drooling with all the story lines they've had this season. 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

All I see here is DJ just made it OK for others to go. 

Pat Perez said it best. You’re the host of something like Pebble Pro Am.  No shot the Tour says DJ can’t play.  Sponsors would sprint away from the event  

Do you really think DJ moves the needle that much on ratings? I don't.

Interesting you used the Pebble tournament as an example, as that is the one DJ has skipped to play in the Saudi event instead the last few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but it is “couldn’t care less”. If you could care less, that means that you do actually care some amount. 😉

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9º (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore TR Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 19°, 22º, & 25º (Fujikura Ventus Red 7 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-Attack (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200)

Putter: Odyssey 11 Center Shaft

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response, Titleist AVX, Titleist ProV1, Titleist ProV1X

Fitted for Driver, 3w, and Irons.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Maybe D.J. And the “LIV Boys” are sick of playing the same 48-50 courses all year. Every year.

Because they really want to play Doral and Trump Bedminster instead?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LICC said:

Because they really want to play Doral and Trump Bedminster instead?

For $9,320 you can get all access including being able to walk inside the ropes with players/caddie.  I'm not joking - 

https://tickets.livgolf.com/2022-new-jersey/club-54-premium-2-day

I'm sad that the Club 54 package at Jeddah doesn't include alcohol... But it is much cheaper than Bedminister. Only $5,900

https://tickets.livgolf.com/2022-jeddah/club-54-2-day

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TBS said:

Are we even going to be able to watch? I havent seen anything on tv rights or production/broadcast. Im guessing its going to be on youtube? If so, I hope they keep the comments going live. 

Also, remember this is going to be a team event where teams are drafted and different every week. 

I hear you, but I do tend to agree with them that courses like Southern Hills, Brookline, etc. are much more interesting to watch and more full of drama than TPC Craig Ranch. And looking at the list of courses, it looks like LIV is going to be full of Craig Ranch type courses. If you disagree, can you remember the par 3s at Craig Ranch or par 3s at Whistling Straits...

Pro golf needs an updated product, I just dont think this is the product that the viewers are asking for

The PGA Tour courses are a mix but let's not pretend they don't include quite a number of great and interesting courses- Sea Island, Kapalua, Pebble Beach, Riviera, Sawgrass, Harbour Town, Muirfield Village, and the mix of Fedex Cup lead up courses are usually good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TBS said:

I think that any pga tour member should be able to play in whatever tour they want but that also means they can't be members of multiple tours. 

Why should they be able to play in other tours whenever they want? A tour should be able to say that if you want to be a member, you have to agree not to play on a rival tour without approval.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TBS said:

And don't lie to us saying that this is to grow the game.

Agree 100%. This is the dishonest nonsense from Norman and Mickelson that is ridiculous.

• Like 3

Just now, LICC said:

Why should they be able to play in other tours whenever they want? A tour should be able to say that if you want to be a member, you have to agree not to play on a rival tour without approval.

Need to clarify - I should edit and remove whenever they want. They have the freedom to change tours and play for a different tour at any time but that could come with consequences.

4 minutes ago, LICC said:

The PGA Tour courses are a mix but let's not pretend they don't include quite a number of great and interesting courses- Sea Island, Kapalua, Pebble Beach, Riviera, Sawgrass, Harbour Town, Muirfield Village, and the mix of Fedex Cup lead up courses are usually good.

Yes I agree, the PGA Tour's problem lies in the bad weeks. At least once or twice a month they play a great interesting course. Its the bad weeks on a bad course where there is opportunity for the PGA Tour to try something new. Mixed events, Team events, PGA Tour U mixed events, etc. 

• Like 3