Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not really an open because not everyone can play in them. a golfer needs to qualify in some manner whether it’s an exemption based on world ranking, winning a tour event, they local, regional qualifying events.

Not being suspended is another stipulation for qualifying to play.

Why should that be a stipulation? The USGA is not part of the PGA Tour.

• Like 2

I wish there was a way for both Reed and Chamblee to lose. I'm not a Reed fan, and Chamblee comes across as a pompous douchebag to me even though he seems to know his stuff.

I have concerns about the overall health of professional golf when the dust settles. This situation sort of reminds me of the CART/IndyCar split in the late 90's. Arguably, CART was poised to take on F1 in international motorsports and was nearly as big as NASCAR in the US at the time. Tony George (former Indianapolis Motor Speedway owner) started a "rogue" series to compete against CART and essentially locked them out of the Indy 500. In the end, the lure of the "major" became too much for many of the CART owners and they slowly started going back. CART no longer exists, IndyCar is a very faint shadow of what it replaced, and Tony George sold the Speedway to Roger Penske. There were no winners except perhaps for Roger Penske - he was able to pick up IMS for what was likely nickels on the dollar.

I would suggest how the majors handle this will have a lot to do with how things shake out.

• Like 5

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W: :callaway-small: RAZR Fit TourAD something or other
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The other qualification requirement is handicap:  Any professional golfer or amateur with a Handicap Index that does not exceed 1.4 is eligible to enter. This is more about being competitive than a limitation.  But the point of the opens is that anyone can try and qualify and by imposing a limitation based on membership to some external organization they would definitely open them up to legal action associated with discrimination.  

Would be an interesting legal challenge to follow.

7 minutes ago, LICC said:

Why should that be a stipulation? The USGA is not part of the PGA Tour.

Those ruling bodies work with those tours in various capacities and whether people like it or not until a court says otherwise have the authority to choose who can or can’t participate, so in solidarity with the PGA Tour and DP World tour, possibly The Masters and PGA of America would prevent anyone who is suspended by those organizations from participating. 

Could be as simple as what happened with Norman this year at The Open and they don’t want the story to be about LIV or it’s players 

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Would be an interesting legal challenge to follow.

Those ruling bodies work with those tours in various capacities and whether people like it or not until a court says otherwise have the authority to choose who can or can’t participate, so in solidarity with the PGA Tour and DP World tour, possibly The Masters and PGA of America would prevent anyone who is suspended by those organizations from participating. 

Could be as simple as what happened with Norman this year at The Open and they don’t want the story to be about LIV or it’s players 

Norman wasn't eligible to play in the Open this year.

You are stating reasons why the USGA and the R&A can exclude LIV players, but you are not giving good reasons why they should. Prohibiting a player who otherwise is eligible and meets the pre-existing requirements to play, in order to align with the PGA Tour, would diminish the Opens.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The other qualification requirement is handicap:  Any professional golfer or amateur with a Handicap Index that does not exceed 1.4 is eligible to enter. This is more about being competitive than a limitation.  But the point of the opens is that anyone can try and qualify and by imposing a limitation based on membership to some external organization they would definitely open them up to legal action associated with discrimination.  

They are open, in that anyone who is good enough to qualify can play in them. They aren't limited to tour or professional/amateur status.

Edited by LICC

9 minutes ago, LICC said:

They are open, in that anyone who is good enough to qualify can play in them. They aren't limited to tour or professional/amateur status.

??? I didn’t disagree and that is what I said.   The handicap qualification statement is directly from the USGA site. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, LICC said:

Norman wasn't eligible to play in the Open this year.

You are stating reasons why the USGA and the R&A can exclude LIV players, but you are not giving good reasons why they should. Prohibiting a player who otherwise is eligible and meets the pre-existing requirements to play, in order to align with the PGA Tour, would diminish the Opens.

I don’t care if they should or not and that has nothing to do with what my reply to revkev was about it. It was simply stating how they could go about preventing LIV players from participating in the open.

Now back to my scheduling program of ignoring posts 

• Like 1

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, LICC said:

I'm sure LIV will have more signings coming up. Probably only one, Cam Smith, will be significant.

That would be the biggest blow to the PGA so far, greater than DJ (getting older), Bryson (injuries starting), Brooks (injuries well under way), etc. The rest are all past their prime or wannabes. But the bleeding continues...not a good thing. I'm still convinced only OWGR, Majors, sponsors/endorsements and media contracts are the only factors helping the PGA at this point. If one or several of them break LIVs way, watch out. I have to think how fans vote with their $ will be a factor as well, so far fans haven't seemed to support LIV, e.g. tickets for $1-2 at Bedminster 😆

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Going to Merge this into the LIV thread as it has turned that direction and its tough enough to monitor that one thread as is. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

the liv tour should not try and get college players as they do not have to play under the pressure as pga players , liv should go after the top 5 korn ferry players as these guys know how to play under a lot of pressure trying to make the top 25 , a lot of them don't have 2 nickels to rub together and a lot of them may sleep in their cars , if liv can get 4-5 kft players and 4-5 very good pga tour guys every year for 4-6 years the pga tour/liv tour would be very close , then things would get very interesting .

i am a big fan of shotgun starts as everyone plays under the same conditions , as far as the points system i'm sure they can find a fair way to award them , this is not rocket science . 

Edited by shootmyage
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I don’t care if they should or not and that has nothing to do with what my reply to revkev was about it. It was simply stating how they could go about preventing LIV players from participating in the open.

Sure they "could" do anything theoretically, but realistically they would be damaging themselves by doing what you are saying, and they would be very stupid to do it. Which means what you said is not any realistic option.

Now back to reality and not paying mind to unrealistic theoretical posts.

58 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

the liv tour should not try and get college players as they do not have to play under the pressure as pga players , liv should go after the top 5 korn ferry players as these guys know how to play under a lot of pressure trying to make the top 25 , a lot of them don't have 2 nickels to rub together and a lot of them may sleep in their cars , if liv can get 4-5 kft players and 4-5 very good pga tour guys every year for 4-6 years the pga tour/liv tour would be very close , then things would get very interesting .

i am a big fan of shotgun starts as everyone plays under the same conditions , as far as the points system i'm sure they can find a fair way to award them , this is not rocket science . 

Unlike the pga tour that has 150 person fields LIV is significantly smaller. You can’t get a bunch of thee guys every year because there’s no room for them. Many would be relegated to the Asian tour which unless LIV invests a bunch of money into isn’t going to give them anything the kft isnt. 

So another not so good idea 

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

Unlike the pga tour that has 150 person fields LIV is significantly smaller. You can’t get a bunch of thee guys every year because there’s no room for them. Many would be relegated to the Asian tour which unless LIV invests a bunch of money into isn’t going to give them anything the kft isnt. 

So another not so good idea 

i think in 3-4 yrs liv will be at 72 players to fill up the 18 hole shotgun starts  , also in 4-5 yrs many liv player contracts will be over and liv will have removed the also rans , to the kft players that could be had for $5 million each that's a lot of money to them and is chump change saudia deep pockets . 

Edited by shootmyage
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Best of luck with that. Sort of like a train wreck, hard to ignore...

• Like 4
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 8/18/2022 at 9:05 AM, Hobert said:

Th funniest part about this whole thing to me is that I don’t really see any improvement in the public opinion of the Saudi regime as a result of the “sportwashing.” If anything, it seems to be casting more of a highlight on the human rights violations, etc.  In sum, the Saudis are investing a ton of money to produce an inferior product all while raising even more negative attention to themselves…

I agree with this sportswashing comment. I've never personally bought into the idea of it. While they may have the leaders there at each event hanging/playing with the Pros, they are not on TV. If they were on TV doing puff pieces, then I could see this idea. Maybe they are just big golf guys with ungodly amounts of money and use it so they can hang with some Pros?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9º (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore TR Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 19°, 22º, & 25º (Fujikura Ventus Red 7 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-Attack (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200)

Putter: Odyssey 11 Center Shaft

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response, Titleist AVX, Titleist ProV1, Titleist ProV1X

Fitted for Driver, 3w, and Irons.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

On 8/18/2022 at 7:25 AM, fixyurdivot said:

This one's easy.  I rehired two engineers that left for other opportunities and higher pay, and know of many others that did as well.  The reason being is that they were highly skilled and reliable.  Further, we had many contract engineers and technicians that moved back and forth between companies - in some cases a handful of times. If they were among the highly skilled talent available for key roles, the job hopping was rarely an issue.  One of my tenets was/is "theirs no substitute for knowing what you are doing", and if a particular resource can deliver the goods, grab em.

I think some of it depends on the nature of the business but I agree with you on this. In the construction industry, it is a very common thing for guys to come and go multiple times. They go where the work is. 

There have been times where we have had guys leave and we were really bummed that they went to work elsewhere but we rehired them the second they wanted to come back. I'm aware that is completely different than the LIV/PGA situation but the original question was why would you re-hire someone who left for more money and wanted to come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

i think in 3-4 yrs liv will be at 72 players to fill up the 18 hole shotgun starts  , also in 4-5 yrs many liv player contracts will be over and liv will have removed the also rans , to the kft players that could be had for $5 million each that's a lot of money to them and is chump change saudia deep pockets . 

The LIV is going to be at 72 next year. There won’t be room for getting 4+ players every hear when fields are maxed out. Plus getting guys out of college or off the kft isn’t the goal of LIv. They want name recognition and those guys don’t have it.

We are already seeing people bumped as more pga players move over 

49 minutes ago, Middler said:

Best of luck with that. Sort of like a train wreck, hard to ignore...

Yeah I have to be more disciplined in not opening ignored posts

On 8/17/2022 at 8:47 AM, Berg Ryman said:

What I personally think this boils down to is that this case is being used by LIV for what we call a 'fishing expedition' in the business. I believe this is an attempt by LIV to get access to the contract information between the two tours listed here, PGA and DP and their relationship to Golf Channel for use in their anti-trust suit as it relates to discovery demands.

This makes a lot more sense than my initial idea but I'll throw it out there anyway. You know the term "F-you money"? Well Reed might have "F-me money". Depending on the state, if the defendant wins the case, they are entitled to have their legal fees reimbursed. If Reed was suing in a state where that law is not present, he could take a bit of his newfound money and sue those who he dislikes just so they would have to cough up a fair bit of money for their own defense. Even if Reed didn't think he would win, Chamblee would still have to payout for his own attorneys fees and I can almost guarantee that it would hurt Chamblee more than Reed.

4 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Even if Reed didn't think he would win, Chamblee would still have to payout for his own attorneys fees and I can almost guarantee that it would hurt Chamblee more than Reed.

... There is a very good chance the judge will award Chamblee attorney fees if he wins, if the case is thrown out and especially if ruled the Reed lawsuit was frivolous. 

• Like 3

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News