Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

17 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Can’t stand Alan Shipnuck, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let him be right about this one thing… 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 🤣🤣🤣 

Tiger becomes the new Comish for the new PGA Tour... you heard it here first.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tiger becomes the new Comish for the new PGA Tour... you heard it here first.

Why? He runs it unofficially now.  Seriously he could be.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Fight fire with fire as they say. So the "elite 60" will be like Division 1, the "not elite 60+" Division 2, and the KFT Division 3?  Who saw this coming?  What could possibly go wrong?

Tiger Woods is possibly leading a movement that would create a circuit for elite players inside the PGA Tour | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fight fire with fire as they say. So the "elite 60" will be like Division 1, the "not elite 60+" Division 2, and the KFT Division 3?  Who saw this coming?  What could possibly go wrong?

Tiger Woods is possibly leading a movement that would create a circuit for elite players inside the PGA Tour | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com

I’d love to see the PGA tour and Koran ferry tour operate like the premiere league. Relegation for players losing their card or playing poorly. Those who are keeping their play high can play on the premier stage 

• Like 3

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Seems really good of you are in the top 60. Seems not so great if you aren't.

Good for keeping some of the top talent in tour.  Will have to see how it plays out and if it is better for viewership.

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Seems really good of you are in the top 60. Seems not so great if you aren't.

Good for keeping some of the top talent in tour.  Will have to see how it plays out and if it is better for viewership.

They may as well make it the elite 72... so they can switch up to the shotgun start format.  I really like getting the entire round/field finished in 5 hours.  Now, if Tiger and Rory really want to rock LIV, offer free, ad-free, live streaming 👍.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

They may as well make it the elite 72... so they can switch up to the shotgun start format.  I really like getting the entire round/field finished in 5 hours.  Now, if Tiger and Rory really want to rock LIV, offer free, ad-free, live streaming 👍.

Don't forget $1 event tickets

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

11 hours ago, revkev said:

This will be a rough couple of years - beyond a doubt the PGA tour is going to need to remake its model. Thinking this through further I’m wondering if a 60 man field with only 50 spots guaranteed while the between tournaments are also play ins for those last 10 spots.

That gives hope for the do called 2nd tier. It keeps them around and might mollify some sponsors. It’s going to be quite the trick to retool and mollify sponsors that have stuck with the tour through thick and thin. Plus it still looks to me as if tour leadership has failed the players and now cost them around 8 months of development time. 

Perhaps they’ve been working behind the scenes though 

Agreed but I think the PGA tour has been guilty of "If it's not broken don't fix it" so it's as if they don't want to increase the players wage until they absolutely had to. And now there's a lot of guys looking at the Money on offer and wondering what if I'm slightly injured tomorrow where will I be, now I can get A few million and that takes care of my family otherwise I'm on a lower wage and lost all the good stuff life can offer...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LICC said:

It’s really just the top 60 or so that have viewer appeal anyway. The trick will be doing enough for the up and comers that have to work their way up to the top 60. 

I'm interested in how many people are like me are jacked off with the "bullocks" going on and have moved into watching other sports, plus a lot of content on utube that's FREE..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

I’d love to see the PGA tour and Koran ferry tour operate like the premiere league. Relegation for players losing their card or playing poorly. Those who are keeping their play high can play on the premier stage 

It is that way. Top 125 in FedEx cup keep their card, those with exemptions have their status. Iirc 126-150 can play kft playoffs to try and earn a card. Each year a certain number of cards are given to kft members. One can earn a pga tour card with three wins during kft season

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm interested in how many people are like me are jacked off with the "bullocks" going on and have moved into watching other sports, plus a lot of content on utube that's FREE..

As soon as major season was over I haven't watched 5 minutes of pro golf. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

so they can switch up to the shotgun start format.  I really like getting the entire round/field finished in 5 hours.

I don't get this take from people. If you want to watch for 5 hours, or for just 3 hours or for just 2 hours, then watch the last few hours. On the weekend you will see as much as you want of the groups leading the tournament. Shotgun starts for pro tournaments is just goofy IMO. And to not see the two or three players in contention to win playing the same holes to end the tournament lessens the experience. How would the British Open have been better this year with a shotgun start?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, LICC said:

It’s really just the top 60 or so that have viewer appeal anyway. The trick will be doing enough for the up and comers that have to work their way up to the top 60. 

This where I think that my proposal makes sense - 

It was actually this way on tour once - there were about 50 guaranteed spots each week and everyone else Monday qualified.  I'm suggesting big money no cut events for 60 once a month or every other week - periodically, not every week.  After that event the bottom 10 - however that bottom 10 is determined (world rankings perhaps?) go back into the general pool that play in the next series of events to get back into that top 60 for the next big no cut event.  I think that creates ongoing interest in places like my area (Valspar) or Hartford or Quad Cities - there will be good, meaningful golf for those tournaments - very competitive.  It's a way to keep enough big names on tour as well - with a top 50 that gets to compete for big money 10-15 times a season - just what LiV is doing only there's a way to play oneself on it.  

I do not like the shot gun start BTW - course designers design courses to have flows, that flow is totally disrupted by a shot gun start - fine for us in a charity scramble - not so fine for guys competing for big bucks at the highest level.  I don't even like the split tee starts for tour events and particularly for the majors - I understand why but if you reduced the field for these big events you could eliminate them. I suspect there are some TPC courses that were designed with split tee starts in mind - Sawgrass for example has a wonderful symmetry to it.  I'm certain Pete Dye knew that it would mainly be seen in split tee events.  

At any rate I think tour leadership botched this entire thing by failing to listen to disgruntled players.  It's very easy for us to sit here and say - how can someone making 2 million dollars be disgruntled - but clearly a number of them are/were because they believe/believed that they deserve a larger share of the pie.  That needed to be addressed - it wasn't and so now we have what we have.

• Like 3

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

6 hours ago, LICC said:

I don't get this take from people. If you want to watch for 5 hours, or for just 3 hours or for just 2 hours, then watch the last few hours. On the weekend you will see as much as you want of the groups leading the tournament. Shotgun starts for pro tournaments is just goofy IMO. And to not see the two or three players in contention to win playing the same holes to end the tournament lessens the experience. How would the British Open have been better this year with a shotgun start?

Not to mention the networks want to sell as much advertising time as possible, so their incentive is more hours, not less...

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

7 hours ago, revkev said:

At any rate I think tour leadership botched this entire thing by failing to listen to disgruntled players.  It's very easy for us to sit here and say - how can someone making 2 million dollars be disgruntled - but clearly a number of them are/were because they believe/believed that they deserve a larger share of the pie.  That needed to be addressed - it wasn't and so now we have what we have.

At any rate I think tour leadership botched this entire thing by failing to listen to disgruntled players. 

I think Tiger and the top 60 are providing more bullets for Liv to fire in court, Liv can say why has the tour copied Liv limited numbers and bigger purses if the PGA tour is so good?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

At any rate I think tour leadership botched this entire thing by failing to listen to disgruntled players. 

I think Tiger and the top 60 are providing more bullets for Liv to fire in court, Liv can say why has the tour copied Liv limited numbers and bigger purses if the PGA tour is so good?

Sure they can say that but I don’t know how that helps or hurts their court case. 

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

6 hours ago, revkev said:

Sure they can say that but I don’t know how that helps or hurts their court case. 

I worked in corporate bad debt recovery in Sydney and I’ve seen lawyers tell some embellished stories and the court accepted it, because the other side weren’t as convincing and most importantly what’s the sitting judge think about the pga or Liv. Is the judge a golf lover or hater, did one side miss a disclosure and therefore can’t present some crucial evidence. Going to court so many possible problems it’s scary and you can lose on a technicality….

4 minutes ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

I see MGS has LIV ads now…

Really?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list