Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Never questioned where the money came from nor do I care.  In my opinion it shows that the tour believes it is about money and not winning specific events and tradition.   Few of the players will admit that it is about money. The solution the PGA tour seems to come up with is catering to the top 30 player by throwing more money at them.  Why won’t the PGA tour just come out and say we are going to throw as much money as we can to the top players so we can keep them here.   Change from non profit status and let’s just pay them to be a member of the tour.  

The legacy BS that we have heard for the last year was just that, BS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

11 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Meh, agree to disagree. Typically, when you list reasons, you list the most important reason first. 

I am not bashing the PGA, and don't think I ever have. I have talked about things I don't like about the tour as well as things I do like about the tour. I do think that Monaghan really mishandled this whole LIV situation. You are just upset because I haven't given the tour my undying devotion the way you have. I am here to be entertained, not to choose sides because of politics. I watch both PGA and LIV events. Sorry, not sorry.

The first thing he mentioned was “The Tour is having its strongest year in history of the PGA Tour and is performing well ahead of budget.”

But keep kidding yourself.

Not at all upset that you prefer LIV over the PGA, it’s the stream of self serving misinformation you spew that’s tiresome. Like obviously misstating what Monaghan said…and trying to defend it.

• Like 3
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

FWIW, I am actually bummed that LIV exists. It has fragmented the players and makes it so that only half of the players I want to actually watch are on the tour. The other half went to LIV. My reaction to that is that I will watch these players wherever they are. PGA or LIV, it doesn't matter. I'm not drawing a line in the sand.

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9º (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore TR Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 19°, 22º, & 25º (Fujikura Ventus Red 7 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-Attack (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200)

Putter: Odyssey 11 Center Shaft

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response, Titleist AVX, Titleist ProV1, Titleist ProV1X

Fitted for Driver, 3w, and Irons.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

2 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

FWIW, I am actually bummed that LIV exists. It has fragmented the players and makes it so that only half of the players I want to actually watch are on the tour. The other half went to LIV. My reaction to that is that I will watch these players wherever they are. PGA or LIV, it doesn't matter. I'm not drawing a line in the sand.

What exactly do you think Monahan mishandled? What is it that you think he should have done differently that would have led to LIV not happening? Norman had been working with Mickelson for a long time on LIV and the Saudis were launching it no matter what Monahan would have done.

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

What exactly do you think Monahan mishandled? What is it that you think he should have done differently that would have led to LIV not happening? Norman had been working with Mickelson for a long time on LIV and the Saudis were launching it no matter what Monahan would have done.

If these changes were done prior to LIV starting very few if any of the players would be with LIV. And LIV would not exist without them. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

image.png.3af2365d811848f9fabee84977f82552.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: 4 - PW King Forged Tec with Aerotech Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 or Maxfli Tour

7 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If these changes were done prior to LIV starting very few if any of the players would be with LIV. And LIV would not exist without them. 

Disagree. A decent number of the LIV players would have left for more money anyway.

• Like 1

I looked at the public pga tour financial statement earlier this year and i believe they had a $700M reserve.  I would have to make sure my memory is accurate later when i can look it up on a laptop and not my phone.  i dont remember what year the statement was filed for.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

32 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

To a point, I agree with you. I think some guys would have jumped ship regardless but I would guess that they could have retained some of the players.
 I saw on Twitter where Dan Rapaport said that a lot of these changes are what Mickelson had been calling for the entire time. 

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9º (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore TR Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 19°, 22º, & 25º (Fujikura Ventus Red 7 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-Attack (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200)

Putter: Odyssey 11 Center Shaft

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response, Titleist AVX, Titleist ProV1, Titleist ProV1X

Fitted for Driver, 3w, and Irons.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

25 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I looked at the public pga tour financial statement earlier this year and i believe they had a $700M reserve.  I would have to make sure my memory is accurate later when i can look it up on a laptop and not my phone.  i dont remember what year the statement was filed for.

Earlier this year Monahan said the PGA Tour's reserves were $225 million. Which is not excessive for an organization with $3.8 billion in assets.

1 hour ago, LICC said:

Something I have never said. Stop making thing up again.

Didn't you say that players left for LIV because of greed and that they had plenty of money?   I was saying the PGA players had plenty money and they are greedy as well and the tour doesn't need to give the top players any more. 

On 6/22/2022 at 9:00 AM, LICC said:

Of course any of us can express opinions about the greed and morals of the sellouts. We all have sufficient information on this. We are affected by it and/or have an interest as golf fans and can judge the players actions in that light. None of the stars who joined LIV were ever going to worry about their families starving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

32 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Didn't you say that players left for LIV because of greed and that they had plenty of money?   I was saying the PGA players had plenty money and they are greedy as well and the tour doesn't need to give the top players any more. 

What you made up doesn’t connect to what I said. The PGA Tour players who stay are still making less than if they went to LIV. 

I guess the Tiger/Rory duo could further complicate LIV’s success?  Who knows.  

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* (BROKEN!!) with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

4 hours ago, ryan.mzzz said:

i applaud the sentiment. I also fight to do what you guys claim to, but even so, I’m human, and advertising works on humans, in general. Maybe you guys and others on this particular message board are exceptions. 

Ok I think it's some of what you say, where do the ideas of what golf club do I want to play come from? First it's the guys I'm friends with because there mates and I want to spend time with them so I look at how to do that and it's always been sports, I played 2 times a year until my 30s because tennis was my thing. Then golf came along and because of lack of money for obscene cost of golf clubs I bought second hand, I never believe what some famous sports person was saying about how great his club's were because he's getting paid obscene amounts of money to say what he's saying. But I'm 70 y/o before I bought a $1000 irons and $700 driver, it's crazy how expensive golf is and the only reason I've spent so much money on clubs is it's about the only sport I can play competitively at my age and fitness...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

To a point, I agree with you. I think some guys would have jumped ship regardless but I would guess that they could have retained some of the players.
 I saw on Twitter where Dan Rapaport said that a lot of these changes are what Mickelson had been calling for the entire time. 

The tour was planning these things already but put stuff on hold because of covid and they had to do things to make sure the tour came out of the pandemic on the better side of things.

The players that left were going to leave no matter what

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Did you watch the press conference? One of the reporters asked Monaghan where they got the money for all of these increased purses and funding. His response was 3 things but I'll only cite the first one as it is most applicable and it was the #1 reason. He said they have money in the bank because they were frugal with their spending. You have got to think that the amounts they have in the bank are substantially larger than what they just promised because they said this is the plan going forward. I don't know what the total dollar amount everything adds up to be but it has to be substantial and for them to promise all of this money for the foreseeable future, it has to be a lot of money sitting in the bank. They did say that sponsors will step up but the majority of the money was from the PGA bank account.

IMO, Phil's comments were actually pretty accurate.  

And Tiger Rory and Co will give all extra Money to charity because they aren't doing it for money, YEAH RIGHT. If you still believe it's for the glory and the Majors I can get you a good deal on the Sydney Harbour bridge !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LICC said:

What you made up doesn’t connect to what I said. The PGA Tour players who stay are still making less than if they went to LIV. 

Don't disagree.  I provided my opinion that the money being allocated seems to be going to the top players; which based on your statements about the LIV players;  have enough money.   Hearing PGA players repeatedly saying they playing for the traditions of the game are those that don't need more money and have enough for their lifetime so why allocate more money; let the tour survive based on tradition, being a good employer, and TV viewership.    If the players are greedy they will go to LIV no matter how much money the PGA tour comes up with unless the PGA gives the PGA players LIV like money which I don't think will happen.  If the product is as good as everyone thinks it will survive on its own merits.   This is no different than any person assessing their current job and a new job offer.  At the end of the day why is having another employer a bad thing?  You can work for them if they offer you a job otherwise you can work for someone else.  If you don't like the product that is produced don't watch.  

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Maybe, we'll never know. They might have had plans along these lines but Covid was a set back for the PGA like most organizations - incidentally they spent considerable PGA reserves making it through that.

Norman has had an axe to grind since 1994, so this may well have happened one way or another. But no one is denying the PGA has had to change due to LIV, whether totally in response to or just accelerating existing plans we'll never know.

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Don't disagree.  I provided my opinion that the money being allocated seems to be going to the top players; which based on your statements about the LIV players;  have enough money.   Hearing PGA players repeatedly saying they playing for the traditions of the game are those that don't need more money and have enough for their lifetime so why allocate more money; let the tour survive based on tradition, being a good employer, and TV viewership.    If the players are greedy they will go to LIV no matter how much money the PGA tour comes up with unless the PGA gives the PGA players LIV like money which I don't think will happen.  If the product is as good as everyone thinks it will survive on its own merits.   This is no different than any person assessing their current job and a new job offer.  At the end of the day why is having another employer a bad thing?  You can work for them if they offer you a job otherwise you can work for someone else.  If you don't like the product that is produced don't watch.  

It's not that simple as you know. Why are you ignoring the source of the money and the sports washing aspect, a very big deal to some - as discussed many times in this thread. If Coca-Cola had given Greg Norman $2B to start a competing league, many of us would have a very different POV. This isn't just a simple choice between employers to all.

• Like 2
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

anyone that  doesn't think it's about the money , wait until the top 20 start playing , it will not take long to put it on a pay to watch by one of the plus streamers .

as far as the pga having things to change in the mill for a couple years , i bought the only new car ever in 1963 , i have been thinking about buying another new car every year since then .

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News