Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

35 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

While players in other sports made 3-4 times what top golfers received in winnings for a season.

What does this have to do with anything? How much revenue do other sports bring in on a per player basis compared to the PGA Tour?

Interesting. None of the names surprise me, except Young. I'll be interested to see if this is a ploy by liv or not.

Edit: Young and Hideki are confirmed to not be playing liv Boston by Dylan Dethier.

• Hmmm 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

56 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

Ok I love a good discussion, and I respect all points of view.  BUT!  Can we dispense with the talk about the PGA, and others being the holder of, or  the sacred torch of "growing the game", or even caring at all about those of us who play on the weekend for fun. 

It has become apparent to me as a weekend hack, that those are just hollow empty words, no matter who says them, PGA, R&A, USGA(referred to as "they" from now on). So here goes my final RANT ON THIS THREAD!

"THEY" believed they could never fail. They felt secure in the fact, that because it had gone unchallenged for so long, that their system, of non-guaranteed payouts, to the top athletes in their field would last forever.  While players in other sports made 3-4 times what top golfers received in winnings for a season.  They believed their campaign of convincing everyone, who plays golf that they are somehow superior to others, and adopting it as god given, that "they alone speak for what golf should be,  would keep people in line, and based on some of the comments I've seen, its still working to a certain extent. 

And now "they" are "taken aback" and "aghast", that now being equitably compensated for once, compared to other top athletes, that those they actively and purposely, underpaid, are a little upset over how they were treated, and now that the players, "don't have to take what "they" offer, and like it anymore".  And OMG after being treated poorly, they may want what could be considered a little bit of revenge, say it isn't so! 

Do you legitimately think that the 100th ranked golfer in the world is worth the same as the 100th best NFL, NBA or MLB player?

Those league's market caps dwarf that of the golf world.

• Like 2

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

i think the liv tout will  have a big push to mainly be a team venue , having 18 teams in 2023 , still having single payouts

i was thinking matsuyama was a lock to go to liv , now i think it's a 50-50 thing , me being in japan for over 3yrs and marrying a japanese woman the last thing the japanese want is to be embarrassed or look bad . if matsuyama thinks he can put up a very good team  he will may go liv , if not he will stay pga 

we will know monday 

2 hours ago, LICC said:

Some are and some aren't, but even if they are following, this isn't growing the game. I don't see how any of this makes more people interested in playing golf.

So players can't meet and have private discussions anymore? That is not how the world works.

Read up about what a NDA is before taking such an aggressive stance.

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

2 hours ago, LICC said:

So players can't meet and have private discussions anymore? That is not how the world works.

Yes they are allowed to met in private; however, the topics discussion could be considered illegal and their sworn testimony will be used to determine if what they talked about was illegal.  

taking this to an extreme but to illustrate the point,  would it be okay for them to have a private meeting where they discussed a plan to assassinate the president?   That would be illegal even if they didn’t go through with the plan.   Relating to LIV how about if they discussed using their influence to prevent US courses from hosting LIV events?  While anti LIV people may like this, it is illegal.   

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yes they are allowed to met in private; however, the topics discussion could be considered illegal and their sworn testimony will to determine if what they talked about is illegal.

Sarcasm coming....no, no its on behalf of the PGA, so they and they alone, and their supporters determine what is best and legal for the game of golf. 

The owner of a business can have as many meetings as he wants with   employees that are completely loyal to him.  They can not however have a meeting to discuss, actions, and means,  in which to threaten, coerce, cajole, or otherwise prevent the other employees from organizing into a union.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Crappy part is I truly just want all of this to be over and for golf to get back to being golf and fun to watch without all this background noise which no matter what clouds how I feel about the pro game and unfortunately this is still going to go on for years and years and years.

+1, me too. We all know it won't happen soon at all, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out, come what may...

• Like 3
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 hours ago, stuka44 said:

"THEY" believed they could never fail. They felt secure in the fact, that because it had gone unchallenged for so long, that their system, of non-guaranteed payouts, to the top athletes in their field would last forever.  While players in other sports made 3-4 times what top golfers received in winnings for a season.  They believed their campaign of convincing everyone, who plays golf that they are somehow superior to others, and adopting it as god given, that "they alone speak for what golf should be,  would keep people in line, and based on some of the comments I've seen, its still working to a certain extent. 

3 hours ago, LICC said:

What does this have to do with anything? How much revenue do other sports bring in on a per player basis compared to the PGA Tour?

That's nonsense, just reveals your bias to rationalize. Like noted above, it all has to do with the total revenues of the sport. Pro golf is great, but it's no where near the $$$ that NFL, NBA, MLB leagues are working with. The NFL annual revenues are about $14B, the PGA is about $500M (which also tells you why $2B in Saudi money is giving the PGA fits. Are you going to tell us the world #1 in pickle ball should be paid the same as Lebron, Steph and Mahomes? 

• Like 4
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 minutes ago, Middler said:

That's nonsense, just reveals your bias to rationalize. Like noted above, it all has to do with the total revenues of the sport. Pro golf is great, but it's no where near the $$$ that NFL, NBA, MLB leagues are working with. Are you going to tell us the world #1 in pickle ball should be paid the same as Lebron, Steph and Mahomes? 

I refuse for Ben Johns to be slandered in such a way! 😉 HE IS MORE VALUABLE TO HIS SPORT THAN THOSE THREE COMBINED!

• Haha 5

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Crappy part is I truly just want all of this to be over and for golf to get back to being golf and fun to watch without all this background noise which no matter what clouds how I feel about the pro game and unfortunately this is still going to go on for years and years and years.

... If you are not a member, friend or family of a tour player and you don't participate on golf forums most people just don't care, other than hating the Saudi government. Most of my golfing friends just like to play golf, watch some tournaments every now and then but know very little about equipment or anything to do with Pro golf. And if you aren't a golfer this isn't even on the radar. Does anyone really care if Scheffler makes 50 million instead of 20 million? I would rather see the extra 30 million go to all those nurses and doctors that fought Covid from day 1 but some would not be around to cash in. A golfer would not be in my top 100 of who "deserves" more money. 

... Talk to anyone that isn't one of us golf geeks about pin in or out. Bermuda vs Bent. Cast vs forged. Most don't even have a favorite player other than Jack or Tiger but maybe watch a Major or two. Ask them about LIV and take in the blank look on their face. As I have made clear, my personal opinion is I won't watch a second of LIV anymore than I would if the Saudi's used their sports washing cash to form an alternate MLB or NFL league that is more LOUD, so I really don't see or hear much about LIV other than on golf forums. I will say this, I was surprised by some stances on this subject from members I respected and in that regard I wish I had never opened this thread. 

• Like 3

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22

1 hour ago, LICC said:

What does an NDA have to do with players meeting to talk amongst themselves?

Huh?  You're trying so hard to debate everyone and everything mildly controversial that you're just not making any sense.

Don't you have better things to do than troll this site?

• Like 2

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yes they are allowed to met in private; however, the topics discussion could be considered illegal and their sworn testimony will to determine if what they talked about is illegal.  

taking this to an extreme but to illustrate the point,  would it be okay for them to have a private meeting where they discussed a plan to assassinate the president?   That would be illegal even if they didn’t go through with the plan.   Relating to LIV how about if they discussed using their influence to prevent US courses from hosting LIV events?  While anti LIV people may like this, it is illegal.   

You are not accurate with your understanding of civil procedure, antitrust law and the 1st Amendment. 

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Huh?  You're trying so hard to debate everyone and everything mildly controversial that you're just not making any sense.

Don't you have better things to do than troll this site?

Noted that you are scrambling to not answer the question and resorting to juvenile insults. 

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

You are not accurate with your understanding of civil procedure, antitrust law and the 1st Amendment. 

okay. whatever.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

okay. whatever.  

Lesson learned today...

Don't feed the trolls

• Like 5

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

Noted that you are scrambling to not answer the question and resorting to juvenile insults. 

... Even though you are from Long Island, I am still a little amazed at how some don't understand what you say and how you say it can make all the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22

1 hour ago, chisag said:

I will say this, I was surprised by some stances on this subject from members I respected and in that regard I wish I had never opened this thread. 

It’s okay to have a difference of opinions. Doesn’t make the other person a “bad” person because you disagree. We NEED diversity of opinion.

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9º (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore TR Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 19°, 22º, & 25º (Fujikura Ventus Red 7 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-Attack (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200)

Putter: Odyssey 11 Center Shaft

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response, Titleist AVX, Titleist ProV1, Titleist ProV1X

Fitted for Driver, 3w, and Irons.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News