TESTERS WANTED! ×

what are you working on this off Season

Speed speed and more speed!

While I'm always obsessed with speed and gym work, I do need to make some serious improvements in my wedge play.  Green side chipping I feel very confident, but that 50-90 yard range...I just am not good enough, and need to be to take advantage of distance gains.

Not sure exactly how I'm going to do that over a Northeast winter.  My initial thoughts are PlaneMate work, we'll see.  A bit limited on space and basement ceiling clearance to do much...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

43 minutes ago, Bosox04 said:

Scheduled for shoulder surgery Nov 8. Not as bad as it could be, but will need to rebuild strength and mobility. Also, currently playing stiff shafts at 68, so will probably need to reevaluate my equipment when I am able to hit balls again.

Had mine last January…..pretty much recovered the shoulder but lower back issue creeping back into my game, both from rear ended auto accident July ‘21.  I wish you a speedy recovery from the shoulder…..mine took about 8 weeks to get back on the course.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Golf specific off-season work

120 yards and in: this year I tried to add 3/4 & 1/2 shots to my wedge game: with varying results. So I’ll be working more on hitting various yardages with all 4 wedges(pW, 50, 54 & 60) 

Putting: I’d like to increase my make % from 3-9 feet from 50% up to 65%. The 12 ft birdie ball matt usually gets rolled out for the winter around Halloween. 

My workouts go back to more weight lifting and less HIIT this time of year. So I’ll look to add strength without bulking. 

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 10/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, BMart519 said:

Goal to cruise at 160 MPH ball speed next season peaking to 165 MPH. Trying to leverage some of these concepts/techniques along with weight training and the Stack System

Thanks for posting this; finally got a chance to watch and like @Vegan_Golfer_PNWI have every intent of seeing if that foot waggle work can't help me pick up some MPH tomorrow.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

40 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks for posting this; finally got a chance to watch and like @Vegan_Golfer_PNWI have every intent of seeing if that foot waggle work can't help me pick up some MPH tomorrow.

I am steady in between 105-107 MPH CHS while hitting balls a few days into it. Accuracy at the range was way better than expected. Usually cruise around 100 MPH and suffer from most of these issues: rigid setup, not enough use of legs, etc. The difficult part for me is trying to add squat and jump with the lead leg. Hopefully adding that and refining the weight shift can get me cruising at 110MPH and peaking out at 115MPH for next season. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

45 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I am steady in between 105-107 MPH CHS while hitting balls a few days into it. Accuracy at the range was way better than expected. Usually cruise around 100 MPH and suffer from most of these issues: rigid setup, not enough use of legs, etc. The difficult part for me is trying to add squat and jump with the lead leg. Hopefully adding that and refining the weight shift can get me cruising at 110MPH and peaking out at 115MPH for next season. 

Exactly where I hope to be next year. I also cruise around 100 and could use the power sources much better. We will have to both check back in after the long winter we are both heading into. Maybe even a little friendly competition?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 10/23/2022 at 2:02 PM, Bosox04 said:

Scheduled for shoulder surgery Nov 8. Not as bad as it could be, but will need to rebuild strength and mobility. Also, currently playing stiff shafts at 68, so will probably need to reevaluate my equipment when I am able to hit balls again.

Shoulder surgery for was March 9th 2021. That was the second surgery on my right shoulder. I am still working on getting the strength back and I fear I will never get it back. hasn't bothered my golf swing that I'm aware of. I chipping by the end of June and played my first full round in late July of 2021.

Good luck with your surgery, and I will tell anyone and everyone, Do not miss a PT appt or home work. I can't stress enough how important getting the smaller less used muscles to fire up and help with the healing. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 10/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, BMart519 said:

I’m with you. The Rory squat down and push off with the lead leg is something I really covet but just can’t seem to get the sequencing down.  

On 10/25/2022 at 3:50 PM, ejgaudette said:

Exactly where I hope to be next year. I also cruise around 100 and could use the power sources much better. We will have to both check back in after the long winter we are both heading into. Maybe even a little friendly competition?

Now THERE is an idea, an MGS offseason speed training competition.  Now how would that be set up…baseline and then final numbers with driver at March 1st to get a greatest percentage of improvement?  Or just fastest number overall?  I’ll bet we could get the mods to put out a speed badge to the winner at the very least…

8 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I’m with you. The Rory squat down and push off with the lead leg is something I really covet but just can’t seem to get the sequencing down.  

Now THERE is an idea, an MGS offseason speed training competition.  Now how would that be set up…baseline and then final numbers with driver at March 1st to get a greatest percentage of improvement?  Or just fastest number overall?  I’ll bet we could get the mods to put out a speed badge to the winner at the very least…

I think percentage would be the best way to go, baseline say by November 1 until March 1 so a nice 4 month run up. Happy to baseline today, say average of 3 swings w/o ball then go from there.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

52 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I think percentage would be the best way to go, baseline say by November 1 until March 1 so a nice 4 month run up. Happy to baseline today, say average of 3 swings w/o ball then go from there.

Just did my w/o ball baseline. 109. Let the games begin. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Out in West Texas we are fortunate to be able to play year round with the low temps in the winter getting to about 55ish. Still consider it an off season since golf related events die down:

• Mental Game and Focus: I want to be able to stay engaged in rounds even when there is no money on the line or isn't a tournament round
  • Gym: Although I go often I would like to try and do more golf related work outs for core and stability 
  • 140 and in: feel like this is the difference between me touching high 70s sometimes to consistently being in the 70s

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

I am almost 4 weeks in to meditation daily. I think this will really help in life and on the course. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 10/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bosox04 said:

I am scheduled for torn rotator cuff repair on Nov. 16, so we will both be recuperating over the winter.  It is hard to practice with one arm in a sling!

Ping G425 Max 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

PXG Gen 5 0311XF 8° w/Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

As usual I'll focus on flexibility and conditioning. Lots of yoga, lots of riding my bike indoors, lots of swings with the Orange Whip.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

13 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Your not shifting pressure properly nor using the ground as a result. Milo lines, Monte Scheinblum, amg, Eric Cogorno, GG all have tons of videos on various social media platforms as well as different online course material from free amg stuff on their website to monthly memberships. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 10/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, David Leighton Reid said:

I am scheduled for torn rotator cuff repair on Nov. 16, so we will both be recuperating over the winter.  It is hard to practice with one arm in a sling!

My issue is with a tendon. According to the doc, I’ll only be in a sling 2-3 weeks, and will be able to make full swings in 6-8 weeks. If that is the case, I should be able to start back around the first of the year. Good luck. Hope your surgery goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to play golf for the last 2 years so plan on hitting the ground running this spring.

1. Had a putter fitting last week to make sure missed putts will be user error, not second guessing the equipment.

2. In the next couple of weeks I will have a wedge fitting.  I feel my wedges have too much bounce for my home course.

3. A few days ago I set up a net in my garage I can use with my SkyTrack.  Will practice swing with shorter clubs 7 iron and down due to height restrictions.

4. Already lift weights 5-8 times per week.  Will start working on some Olympic lifts to gain some extra explosiveness.  Swim at least an hour a week for cardio.  Thinking of an indoor bike for low resistance steady state cardio.

5. Have already started eating in a small calorie surplus to gain a bit more muscle over the winter.  Plan on dropping back to around 12% body fat come spring.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

On 10/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, BMart519 said:

Goal to cruise at 160 MPH ball speed next season peaking to 165 MPH. Trying to leverage some of these concepts/techniques along with weight training and the Stack System

This and part 2 are great videos.  It more or less reinforced some things I figured out on my own this past year, but also added some great info.  I’ve been working to extend my backswing rotation and have definitely added to my carry distance for my driver this year.  

I have had plans this off-season to work on strengthening my core, which this video talks about that muscle tension in the core created by opposite forces in the backswing.  I also found interesting the comment about those that do swing speed training, then struggle with muscle and back aches because their physical conditioning isn’t commensurate with the increased speed and workload.  As one who has multiple bulging disks, and no disk at L4/L5, core strength is everything, which I have let mine lapse.  I’ve alway have stayed in decent condition, 5-9, 165. 

We can play year round here, but I generally shut down in dec, then start back upon feb/March.  I’ll probably only play a handful of rounds, so I thought no better time than today to get to the gym.  Just general things - rowing warmup, trunk rotations and presses using a kinesis machine, lunges, abductor and abductor machines, and an 18lb dual handle Spri ball with lots more trunk rotations mimicking the golf swing, then another rowing session.  Pretty tame for a lot on here but felt good to get started.  

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

On 10/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, David Leighton Reid said:

I hope your surgery went well! I had a small tear repaired, bicep tendon anchored at a different point, and a bone spur cleaned up. I took two pain pills the day after, and have been pain free since. Had my first follow up visit yesterday, and I will be sling free on the29th, and start PT on the 30th. So far, everything is good. Hope your experience is as good.

Still working on swing changes. I really should go to an instructor, however will wait till January for that.

I feel small progress, but certainly not really easy to do on your own.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 things I would like to improve in my swing during the off season: 

1. Backswing Path
  2. Over the Top move at downswing transition
  3. Clearing hips before impact position

All these things are probably tied together (proper sequence would do wonders, I'm sure).  

Beyond mechanics, and swing speed training/challenge... spending more time on wedges and putter than long irons, hybrids and woods as a general rule.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
2 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

3 things I would like to improve in my swing during the off season: 

1. Backswing Path
  2. Over the Top move at downswing transition
  3. Clearing hips before impact position

All these things are probably tied together (proper sequence would do wonders, I'm sure).  

Beyond mechanics, and swing speed training/challenge... spending more time on wedges and putter than long irons, hybrids and woods as a general rule.  

You are correct all those are tied together. If the club is in the incorrect position in your backswing you will have to make some sort of move to try and get it back into a decent position to hit the ball. 

The ott is quite common issue from a bad backswing, lack of rotation is because your body is trying to let things catch up and usually requires some stalling motion which will prevent rotation.

somethings to keep in mind, rotation in the backswing and swing length need to match. When lead is parallel to ground the butt end of the club should be pointing at the ball line or inside it but no more than 6”. Hips are about 30° turned at this point and shoulders about 60° from this point on it’s just completing the turn of the shoulders and hips to the top. Your pressure at lead arm parallel should have shifted from 70/30 trail foot back to about 50/50 and would move to 70/30 lead foot at the top. 

late pressure shifts are also going to impact ability to rotate and how they body and club are moving

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are correct all those are tied together. If the club is in the incorrect position in your backswing you will have to make some sort of move to try and get it back into a decent position to hit the ball. 

The ott is quite common issue from a bad backswing, lack of rotation is because your body is trying to let things catch up and usually requires some stalling motion which will prevent rotation.

somethings to keep in mind, rotation in the backswing and swing length need to match. When lead is parallel to ground the butt end of the club should be pointing at the ball line or inside it but no more than 6”. Hips are about 30° turned at this point and shoulders about 60° from this point on it’s just completing the turn of the shoulders and hips to the top. Your pressure at lead arm parallel should have shifted from 70/30 trail foot back to about 50/50 and would move to 70/30 lead foot at the top. 

late pressure shifts are also going to impact ability to rotate and how they body and club are moving

Thanks RB!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
3 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Thanks RB!!

Anytime. Some good drills to work on the backswing are to stick an alignment rod or driveway marker in the butt of the club. two different drills to try. Place the stick on your lead hip as you swing back it should stay connected to the hip until the hands are just past the trial hip, from here you set the wrist which is at. 45° angle the  stick should ride your lead leg for a bit then at least arm parallel it should point at the ball line or slightly inside. You should be able to find several videos on this on YouTube. I know meandmygolf did one, I think Chris Ryan but it’s a basic drill many instructors use

Here is another. This one is a little tricky but effective. Use a 7i for the drill. Do it with no ball just to practice the motion. Then when hitting a ball use the full swing but at a speed that it only goes 50 yards. Doing it wrong and at a good speed will get your lead side ribs a good pounding.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-kuVOOl1B6/

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I would say my ott is not overt... it is subtle but it is there... I can see it in slow mo of my swing. I know that it keeps me from consistent and solid contact.  It is an old habit that is more ingrained in my swing than any other aspect... the most difficult for me to "feel" correctly.  That little ott pulls the shaft to more vertical orientation, left shoulder pulls out, then a bit of a cast to catch up to the left shoulder, and then holding off the out to in path by not letting my clear, which really creates a bit of a block... otherwise it would be a dead pull left - middle of the face contact has fade spin for all the reasons above... miss is a toe strike.    I can see all that when looking at it from the outside.  Doing ANYTHING different in the moment of a swing is the challenge  haha.  Baby steps 🙂  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Anytime. Some good drills to work on the backswing are to stick an alignment rod or driveway marker in the butt of the club. two different drills to try. Place the stick on your lead hip as you swing back it should stay connected to the hip until the hands are just past the trial hip, from here you set the wrist which is at. 45° angle the  stick should ride your lead leg for a bit then at least arm parallel it should point at the ball line or slightly inside. You should be able to find several videos on this on YouTube. I know meandmygolf did one, I think Chris Ryan but it’s a basic drill many instructors use

Here is another. This one is a little tricky but effective. Use a 7i for the drill. Do it with no ball just to practice the motion. Then when hitting a ball use the full swing but at a speed that it only goes 50 yards. Doing it wrong and at a good speed will get your lead side ribs a good pounding.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-kuVOOl1B6/

Great suggestions, I'll give those a try!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
1 minute ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I would say my ott is not overt... it is subtle but it is there... I can see it in slow mo of my swing. I know that it keeps me from consistent and solid contact.  It is an old habit that is more ingrained in my swing than any other aspect... the most difficult for me to "feel" correctly.  That little ott pulls the shaft to more vertical orientation, left shoulder pulls out, then a bit of a cast to catch up to the left shoulder, and then holding off the out to in path by not letting my clear, which really creates a bit of a block... otherwise it would be a dead pull left - middle of the face contact has fade spin for all the reasons above... miss is a toe strike.    I can see all that when looking at it from the outside.  Doing ANYTHING different in the moment of a swing is the challenge  haha.  Baby steps 🙂  

Yeah the ott move is subtle for some and more pronounced for others. Could be something relatively simple to fix or something that requires a little more work to get the club on the right spot

1 minute ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Great suggestions, I'll give those a try!!

If you have a video of your swing go ahead and post it. I’m free later today to take a look

Not the best video, but a few swing from a few weeks ago... sorry about mess in my carport, and the shaky camera work from my camera man 🙂.  Many things to work on in the offseason, including that spare tire I started carrying this late season.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1