Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Have you tried the Srixon Q Star Tour Divide (Shocking)

mackdaddy

I was playing Pro V1's since find it cut it took the Chrome Soft out of my bag.  I wasn't looking to make a change.  I found a Q Star Tour Divide in Yellow and Orange in the deep rough on a blind tee shot landing area.  I dropped it in my bag.  A week later I was waiting for our fourth and reached in my bag and pulled out 3 balls and my lob wedge and headed to the short game area.  I didn't realize I had grabed the Divide ball until I pulled it out of my pocket.  I figured it would be fine and may be fun to see the ball spin.  I set up at 55 yards and hit some 3/4 wedges.  I was stunded by how good the Srixon ball felt.  It felt softer than the Pro V1 and spun back about 2 feet after the first bounce.  I had about 20 minutes of hitting a variety of wedge shots.  The Srixon was good on everything.    I moved to putting it and at my age lining up the line was to hard for me, so I didn't like putting it.  Then my buddy arrived and I stopped trying to set the line and hit a few with a solid side up and I loved watching it tumble, you can really see the brake happen as it turns and the colors changing stand out.

Headed to the first tee I decided to give it a try.  

Loved the way I could line up my start line on the tee with a mark in front of me.  The only fairways I missed were because I drove it through.  It was about five yards shorter off the tee than normal.  I gained that back with iron yardages and wedges where it was about 5 yards longer.  This ball is very straight for me.  I played it for 45 holes and the cover held up much beter than a Pro V1 which my wedges often shreds like Bob Marley.  I got a dozen new ones and have been using them for the last few weeks and I love them.

I would love to hear how others have found them for their games. 

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I'm a fan of the Q Star Tour Divide as well.  I've played all three color combinations (yellow-red, yellow-orange and yellow-blue).  Of the three, I like the yellow-red combination.   It's amazing how you can actually pick up the ball spinning when it leaves the club face.   I have a slow swing speed and rely on my short game and putting to score.  The QStar Tour seems to strike a good balance for me of decent distance off the tee and feel around the greens.  As you commented on, through in the inherent alignment aide and it's a great performing ball.

One unintended benefit of playing that ball is that once people know you do, they will give you Divide balls they find.  I've been given about 1-2 dozen QStar Tour Divides over the last year by fellow golfers.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

On 10/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, Mackey said:

I was playing Pro V1's since find it cut it took the Chrome Soft out of my bag.  I wasn't looking to make a change.  I found a Q Star Tour Divide in Yellow and Orange in the deep rough on a blind tee shot landing area.  I dropped it in my bag.  A week later I was waiting for our fourth and reached in my bag and pulled out 3 balls and my lob wedge and headed to the short game area.  I didn't realize I had grabed the Divide ball until I pulled it out of my pocket.  I figured it would be fine and may be fun to see the ball spin.  I set up at 55 yards and hit some 3/4 wedges.  I was stunded by how good the Srixon ball felt.  It felt softer than the Pro V1 and spun back about 2 feet after the first bounce.  I had about 20 minutes of hitting a variety of wedge shots.  The Srixon was good on everything.    I moved to putting it and at my age lining up the line was to hard for me, so I didn't like putting it.  Then my buddy arrived and I stopped trying to set the line and hit a few with a solid side up and I loved watching it tumble, you can really see the brake happen as it turns and the colors changing stand out.

Headed to the first tee I decided to give it a try.  

Loved the way I could line up my start line on the tee with a mark in front of me.  The only fairways I missed were because I drove it through.  It was about five yards shorter off the tee than normal.  I gained that back with iron yardages and wedges where it was about 5 yards longer.  This ball is very straight for me.  I played it for 45 holes and the cover held up much beter than a Pro V1 which my wedges often shreds like Bob Marley.  I got a dozen new ones and have been using them for the last few weeks and I love them.

I would love to hear how others have found them for their games. 

I have been playing the Q Star Tour for the past few years.  Use the plain white ball.  I love the feel - my SS is around 90 so it’s compression seems to work well for me.  I get good distance, for me, lots of bounce/roll.  And it holds the greens on my irons and wedges.  For me, it’s a premium ball for a reasonable price. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

I have not tried the Srixon Tour Divide, but every other Srixon that I have ever played was like hitting a rock to me. I found one, but gave it to my grand son due to the color.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Z Star XV was the best golf ball I have played in the last five years.  That includes Vice Pro Plus, OnCore Elixr, ProV1 and TP5.  Some have mentioned the feel is a little firm yet I haven’t had that experience.  Low spin off the driver, high spin off the wedges.  Durable, just hits all the marks for me.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

My golf buddies call them seizure balls - none of us have any interest in matte balls or the divide gimmick. I found one a few weeks ago, played it for a couple holes just for fun, then launched it back into the weeds...YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

On 10/23/2022 at 12:10 PM, Middler said:

My golf buddies call them seizure balls - none of us have any interest in matte balls or the divide gimmick. I found one a few weeks ago, played it for a couple holes just for fun, then launched it back into the weeds...YMMV

Kind of gives me the heebie jeebies to watch it.

• 4 weeks later...

This weekend I tried the Z Star divide.  It feels just like a ProV1 for me and plays like one too.  The more than $10 savings will move the needle for me.  

What I liked better than the Q Star Tour divide was the spin levels.  The Z Star spins far better than the Q.  I think having the spin skin and more compression were a combined help.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized