Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Fall/Winter Golf Pants!!

Stuka44

47° at tee time yesterday, 51° today. Started in shorts, T-shirt with a sweatshirt and barefoot. Sweatshirt was off before front 9 was done.

Driver-Ping G400 9° S shaft

3-wood-Ping G400 SFT 16° S shaft

5-wood-Ping TISI Tec 17° S shaft

5-SW Ping G400 Black R shaft

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

7 hours ago, Vspin1 said:

47° at tee time yesterday, 51° today. Started in shorts, T-shirt with a sweatshirt and barefoot. Sweatshirt was off before front 9 was done.

A few of the guys on my winter golf tour play in shorts even when temperatures are well below freezing.  It was 37* F when I teed off yesterday, and I was in a golf shirt and normal (not Infrared tech) golf pants and I was pretty comfortable, except when the wind kicked up above 15 MPH.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I use Foot Joy rain gloves on both hands when it is around 45ish, below that I switch to Foot Joy Winter gloves on both hands....they are both grippy and do the job to keep the hands warm. I also crack open a chem pack to stick inside the gloves between shots...helps a lot!

Golf Gear Head

On 10/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, daverain1 said:

My group played through many Connecticut winters, if a course was open we played, including in snow.  As a New Englander, must mention LL Bean has Fleece lined pants and jeans.  Most public courses in CT allow jeans in winter.

Agree with others - layer up!   I found I could play in any cold with an Under Armour base Cold Gear base, long sleeve shirt or turtleneck, and a warm pullover or sweatshirt.  It it was windy, i threw a windshirt over the top.  Footjoy makes some lined golf sweaters with a windproof lining - also great option.

And for the traditionalists, LL Bean also has flannel lined pants and jeans. 😉 One other feature Bean offers is an expandable waist band--not for too many dogs at the turn and post-round beverages, but a bit of additional room for the layers/waistbands underneath. Lay on, Macduff, and damn'd be him that first cries, "Cold, enough!"

Edited by WhoaNellie

:ping-small: G425 Max D 44" set to 13*

:ping-small: G430 SFT HL  5W set to 20.5*

:ping-small: G430 HL 5 Hybrid set to 27.5*

:cleveland-small: Launcher XL HALO Full Face 9I 38*

:cleveland-small: CBX2 ZipCore Full Face 54*

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach Soft Premiere 11S 34"

:ping-small: Hoofer Craz-E Lite

I got these last winter and really liked them.  They are warm and stop the wind without being too cumbersome.  I think any fleeced lined hiking pants would work.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3B3NR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 11:12 AM, Fighting Leprechaun said:

Although I don’t know if they are still available, the Galway Bay lined rain trousers have proven to be very comfortable during the Fall/early winter golf season in the Seattle region. They’re just right for temps between the low 40s to the high 50s, whether it’s wet or dry. 

I took a pair of unlined Galway Bay pants to Scotland and while it never rained, they are so close to normal pants, you could wear them with anything. Love that they have belt loops too. I'll have to be on the lookout for the lined version.