TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping i20 irons review

sncgolf03

Just ordered a set of Ping i20 irons and are set to arrive this week but won't be able to play (from WI) until March 15th when I go to Ohio. I got them with the Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X shafts. I have never played Ping irons before or have hit these shafts so it will be interesting to see how both the irons perform and the shafts! I'll make sure to try and write up a review when I get back! In the mean time if any of you want to comment on how you like the shafts and these irons go for it!

WITB:

Ping G30 9* (set to 10*)- Ping Tour 60 X

Ping G20 15* - Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 19* (set to 20*) - Graphite Design Deep Impact 80H X

Adams CMB 4-GW - TT Dynamic Gold Tour X100

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55* and 61* - TT S200

Taylormade New Spider Mallet 35"

I have not hit the Ping i20's I did hit the i15's and loved them, but decided to wait and see if the i20's were better or maybe even get the i15's at a lower price. I have played forged irons for the last 10 years but the i15's felt really great and really powerful. I am seriously concidering Ping in the future. However, this is when I have to replace the ZB's. I hate the fact that forged irons wear so quickly. They feel soft and are soft but when you play all the time they wear quickly. Pings do not wear. I have some Ping Eye 2's that were played for 20 years that look as good or as bad as they did new.

Having said that I do not know if I can come to like the looks of the Ping Irons. Other than the S series. They felt nice but the do look l shovel like to me.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I have not hit the Ping i20's I did hit the i15's and loved them, but decided to wait and see if the i20's were better or maybe even get the i15's at a lower price. I have played forged irons for the last 10 years but the i15's felt really great and really powerful. I am seriously concidering Ping in the future. However, this is when I have to replace the ZB's. I hate the fact that forged irons wear so quickly. They feel soft and are soft but when you play all the time they wear quickly. Pings do not wear. I have some Ping Eye 2's that were played for 20 years that look as good or as bad as they did new.

Having said that I do not know if I can come to like the looks of the Ping Irons. Other than the S series. They felt nice but the do look l shovel like to me.

hey RR i switch to pings from a set of Mp52s 1.5 years ago and the pings still feel lk the first day i hit them. the grooves are sharp and all thats diff is i changed the grip.i do wish that ping offer after market shafts as their stock shafts tho.

i was fitted with the AWT S back then bt im starting to grow out of them. ill be interested to hear abt the i20 because i tried it the other day and i couldnt tell which head from which if i didnt look at the back cavity.

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

I bought a set of AP2's and played with them for less than a year and had to replace the 7-P heads. I played with them a couple of more months and then sold them while they still looked good. I trap the ball and every time I do it leaves a couple of small marks on the club face. Multiply this by 300 which is probably how many days a year the a actually play at least one hole and these things wear out very fast. The Callaway Prototypes that I had also wore pretty fast. The Hogans I have now have a titanium face and I am playing them more often now, but they go further than the Titleist and are much more forgiving. My problem with them is that I have to be very carefull because by the end of the round I am swinging for the fences forcing distance and not focusing on shot making.

I get so irritated with myself because if I have a forgiving iron I take it for granted. You still have to make a good swing but I seem to forget that. Pings have a bit more offset than I like also.

But the pictures of the i20 look good. Not as good as the S56.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Yeah I have only played forged irons before too, so this will be my first time going to cast since my first set ever. Played Macgregor VIP 1025m, Nike Pro Combos, and now Tour Edge CNC Milled. I wanted something a little more forgiving this time around since I'm in grad school now and don't get to practice as much these days. Never really liked the look of Pings much either but these got a lot of great reviews so I thought I'd see what the hype was all about. I was debating to go with the S56's too but got a good deal on these.

WITB:

Ping G30 9* (set to 10*)- Ping Tour 60 X

Ping G20 15* - Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 19* (set to 20*) - Graphite Design Deep Impact 80H X

Adams CMB 4-GW - TT Dynamic Gold Tour X100

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55* and 61* - TT S200

Taylormade New Spider Mallet 35"

Archived