Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

FW : RBZ tour vs J40 vs MP650 vs CB4

da555ve

I want a player FW. Will probably cut it at 42 or 42,5" for more control, not decideed yet on lenght...

Control and accuracy are my major point.. dont care much about distance... I have enough... not looking for more.

What do you have right now?

The RBZ tour has a 175cc head, max COR and velocity slot supposedly lowers spin. It has a choice of two stock shafts cut at 43.5"

The J40 has a 190cc head, I'm not sure what sort of face this has or if it's a max COR club, but Golfspy T reviewed it recently: http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/5288-review-bridgestone-j40-fairway-wood/

The Mizuno MP650 is a Titanium head (max COR) with a 159cc face. The shaft is 42.75"

The Tour Edge CB4 is also a Titanium head (max COR). 170cc head, 43" shaft. It was reviewed here: http://www.mygolfspy.com/touredge-cb4-fairway-review/

In the end, I say go to a fitter and try out all of them. If you prefer the looks of one over the other, get a shaft to tune it to your swing.

i would have to say that size does not matter. I am talking about the head size of a three wood. I was one of the holeouts gaming a Titleist 980F with its tiny head until, well a month or two ago. And I would have said that it was very important. Because it was easier to hit off of a tight lie. But in all honest, that is not necessarily the case. I had an opportunity today to hit the 3 wood twice. The problem is that I am not carrying a three wood because if I am only going to hit a club twice per round I will make that club a wedge with a big flange on the bottom that is great out of the sand. So I hit my Callaway FT9 460cc driver. The first time I was in the rough and would have hit my hybrid but the ball was sitting up very high in the tall grass and I decided the driver with its bigger face was the better option. At the next par 5 I had an opportunity to hit a high cut off of the hard pan. Once again I hit the driver. Both shots did almost what I wanted them to do, except hit the green. I was just off of it both times. So obviously size does not matter.

Two fully adjustable drivers that are not on your list here but I think you should look into are the Titleist 910F and the Callaway Razr Fit. Both of which are very hot faces that to me went further than the RBZ. Both are about 250 bucks just like the RBZ but worth a look.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

What do you have right now?

The RBZ tour has a 175cc head, max COR and velocity slot supposedly lowers spin. It has a choice of two stock shafts cut at 43.5"

The J40 has a 190cc head, I'm not sure what sort of face this has or if it's a max COR club, but Golfspy T reviewed it recently: http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/5288-review-bridgestone-j40-fairway-wood/

The Mizuno MP650 is a Titanium head (max COR) with a 159cc face. The shaft is 42.75"

The Tour Edge CB4 is also a Titanium head (max COR). 170cc head, 43" shaft. It was reviewed here: http://www.mygolfspy.com/touredge-cb4-fairway-review/

In the end, I say go to a fitter and try out all of them. If you prefer the looks of one over the other, get a shaft to tune it to your swing.

thanks for sharing the link of the review...

I really like the Mizuno for now ! Bridgestone seems great but a little bit beefy.

Archived