Central NJ/Eastern PA Area Chat & Meet-Ups

Golfspy_Lukes

I know we have a larger mid-atlantic regional thread, but thought it makes sense to have a thread with a smaller regional focus for those of us looking to meet up more regularly.

We seem to have more and more from the Central NJ and Easter PA posting on here now but I don't think any of us have ever met or played around together.  We can use this threads to talk about more local courses and look for others to play with in our area.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

• Golfspy_Lukes changed the title to Central NJ/Eastern PA Area Chat & Meet-Ups

I do most of my golf practice (and equipment buying) at Pennington Golf Center.  The owners are incredible ,and even though it isn't the closest driving range to me, I prefer to go there to practice.

If anyone ever wants to meet there to hit a bucket and then grab a drink afterwards at a local bar, I'd love the company.  They also have a great mini golf course which my sons love.

My "home courses" are primarily the Mercer County courses -- mainly Mercer Oaks East and West.  I love playing all the various public courses in the area (grew up in Somerset County) so very familiar with all of the courses there too.

• Like 2

Couple hours drive for me depending on traffic, of course, but gonna follow this thread. 

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

• 3 weeks later...

From North Jersey, but always on the lookout for some people to hang with! Maybe if there is an indoor simulator in the area, we can meet and play around there as well!

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond 10.5° (Mitsubishi Tensei AV White X-Stiff 75g)

3 Wood: :Sub70: Sub70 Pro Fairway 15° (Project X Evenflow Riptide 6.5 75g)

5 Wood: :Sub70: Sub70 949X Fairway 18° (Project X Evenflow Riptide 6.5 75g)

Irons: :Sub70: Sub70 699 Pro 4-PW (KBS C-Taper X-Stiff 130g)

Wedges: :bettinardi-1: 50° Bettinardi & :vokey-small: 54° & 58° Vokey SM8

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG No. 7 (SuperStroke Traxion Tour 5.0 grip)

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

• 2 months later...

I'm about 1:15 south on edge of Cumberland County. I think Pennington is where they would do the demo days? I've been there once or twice and played one of the Mercer courses. I remember it being good for a "county" course. Also before I got into golf. Would love to play sometime.

• Like 1

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

2021 Callaway Apex Pro (4-PW) - DG X100

Sub70 286 Forged 50*-10 / 54*-12 (Black) - DG S400

Sub70 JB Forged 58*-06 (Black) - DG X100

Wilson Buckingham Infinite Putter - SuperStroke Traxion Claw (Cut to 33.5in)

Primary Ball: Rotation (Snell MTB-X, 2019 Left Dash, 2021 Pro-V1)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

6 hours ago, BombAndGouge said:

I'm about 1:15 south on edge of Cumberland County. I think Pennington is where they would do the demo days? I've been there once or twice and played one of the Mercer courses. I remember it being good for a "county" course. Also before I got into golf. Would love to play sometime.

Yup. Unfortunately Pennington isn't doing the big multi vendor demo days. Instead, they have the OEMs come to do private fitting days which are great, especially if you have an intention of buying something

Mercer county course are really solid. We will have to try to get out in the spring

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, Golfspy_Lukes said:

I do most of my golf practice (and equipment buying) at Pennington Golf Center.  The owners are incredible ,and even though it isn't the closest driving range to me, I prefer to go there to practice.

If anyone ever wants to meet there to hit a bucket and then grab a drink afterwards at a local bar, I'd love the company.  They also have a great mini golf course which my sons love.

My "home courses" are primarily the Mercer County courses -- mainly Mercer Oaks East and West.  I love playing all the various public courses in the area (grew up in Somerset County) so very familiar with all of the courses there too.

Hello All!

I live in Mercer county on the edge of Mercer/Monmouth right between Mercer Oaks and Monmouth county courses like Charleston Springs North & South.  Hominy Hill and Howell Park are a little further away but all within 30 minutes from my home.  I find the conditions in Monmouth closer to private courses despite they are in fact public county courses.  I mainly play at these 4 and bounce around depending on where I get invited/ enter tournaments.  Always love playing new coureses as well as familiar courses in good shape!  I also enjoy practicing as much as actually playing as I'm self taught so trial and error is my greatest teacher.  I have not touched a club since early November but looking forward to spring!  I also love the mini course at Pennington too!   

Edited by Ryan Luke
  • Like 1

PXG Gen1 Tour 0311 Irons 4-PW

Ping G425 LST 9 Degree Driver

Ping G410 LST 14.5 Degree 3 Wood

Exotics EX9 18 Degree Hybrid

Titleist Vokey SM9 Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Degrees

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

Titleist ProV1x Ball #14 

1 hour ago, Ryan Luke said:

Hello All!

I live in Mercer county on the edge of Mercer/Monmouth right between Mercer Oaks and Monmouth county courses like Charleston Springs North & South.  Hominy Hill and Howell Park are a little further away but all within 30 minutes from my home.  I find the conditions in Monmouth closer to private courses despite they are in fact public county courses.  I mainly play at these 4 and bounce around depending on where I get invited/ enter tournaments.  Always love playing new coureses as well as familiar courses in good shape!  I also enjoy practicing as much as actually playing as I'm self taught so trial and error is my greatest teacher.  I have not touched a club since early November but looking forward to spring!  I also love the mini course at Pennington too!   

Hey Ryan!  Let's definitely try to get a round together this spring - maybe meet up at Pennington to hit some balls this winter if the weather cooperates.

Hopefully there are some other lurkers on here that can join 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Hey Ryan!  Let's definitely try to get a round together this spring - maybe meet up at Pennington to hit some balls this winter if the weather cooperates.

Hopefully there are some other lurkers on here that can join 

Sounds great Lukes! 

• Like 1

PXG Gen1 Tour 0311 Irons 4-PW

Ping G425 LST 9 Degree Driver

Ping G410 LST 14.5 Degree 3 Wood

Exotics EX9 18 Degree Hybrid

Titleist Vokey SM9 Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Degrees

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

Titleist ProV1x Ball #14