TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tourist Sauce Scandinavia

GolfSpy_APH

I would argue one of my favorite episodes in the entire series so far. So happy to have this back and able to watch. For travel and golf lovers this at least in my opinion is must watch golfing content. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I took a lot away from the first episode and can't wait for the next.

• The Wes Anderson influence is obvious and likely something DJ is doing intentionally.
  • I found myself pricing flights to Stockholm. 
  • I was screaming "Antonio Alfonseca" at the TV much to my wifes amusement. 
  • Olle Widegren must have experienced some kind of culture shock going from Stockholm to Conway, SC!!!

Notes dump:

-Haven't watched the guys in a few months and always surprising how they always say how they don't play very much. Like, I get why DJ is busy editing all this stuff but why can't Randy or Tron get out there very much? 
- Tron's over the top move is pretty jarring, always amazing how he plays relatively well with that move
- Tron shaving his head is the only decision to be made with his hair situation
- Neil and Soly are the only ones with semi-normal looking swings
- Wish I had a group of dudes to go fantastic places like this 😪

As always, well shot and relaxing to watch. I dig their content despite my quibbles above. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Episode 2 is up!

Just as I posted this I am realizing I don't actually recall the scores or who is leading after the first round of Qualifying. This season is certainly more travel centric which I like. As someone who has done a few trips with just me and my golf clubs I appreciate this take on it. The course itself that they play would truly be so much fun and so difficult. I could only imagine how many golf balls I would go through. 

I won't spoil anything, however I could watch one particular shot of Randys over and over in awe. Absolutely incredible and never could be accomplished again. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Really enjoyed last night's episode. God I love the way DJ tells a story in the way he edits.

Or was it all his screw up shots at the end that really made you laugh? 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Put me in the camp of hard pass on Bro Hoff Slott. Fun to watch others play it and/or watch professionals play it but as for the casual golfer (i.e. me) that looks extremely penal and unfun. Even their guide who played on the Euro Tour was saying he would not want to play his membership golf there. I mean, just look at this hole, it looks like an absolute nightmare....

image.png.164cfd0fb68230a3bd46cabd0c7b8a49.png

The first landing zone between the water and the bunkers is 37 yds wide. Then you have to hit a decent layup and an approach to a peninsula green. All while likely have a wind blowing a decent amount. Yeah no thanks. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

1 minute ago, vandyland said:

Put me in the camp of hard pass on Bro Hoff Slott. Fun to watch others play it and/or watch professionals play it but as for the casual golfer (i.e. me) that looks extremely penal and unfun. Even their guide who played on the Euro Tour was saying he would not want to play his membership golf there. I mean, just look at this hole, it looks like an absolute nightmare....

The first landing zone between the water and the bunkers is 37 yds wide. Then you have to hit a decent layup and an approach to a peninsula green. All while likely have a wind blowing a decent amount. Yeah no thanks. 

I would love it just for the experience. Altho i am more likely going to end up on the far right fairway than the water haha 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

What a course. Man I wish prices of golf here were in Swedens range. Almost makes me feel like a move could be worth it!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Haven't watched it yet as I have a busy morning, but on my agenda for later today!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 2 weeks later...

Really hit a great balance this year with golf and culture which has been fun to see. CPH is a great city and do much fun to walk and explore. Im glad they went into that a bit. The course looked on point and stupid firm! Another great episode in easily one of their best seasons to date.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I really like how well they’ve highlighted tourism and golf in this series. They way they have discussed the state of golf in Sweden and Denmark is really interesting. The courses they are playing seem very accessible and would all provide for fantastic trips for destination golf to these areas 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

So, I live a few hours from Falsterbo - haven't played it, but plan to this year. I'm actually across the fjord in Norway. Open invitation to play with me if any of you find yourself near to Sandefjord or Oslo. Anyway, I really would like to get to Visby but dayum that ferry boat ride to the island is expensive now! I've played one of two links courses in Sweden over at Öland - it was quite a fantastic experience. Every year I also play some courses up near to Umeå where we visit family. One is particularly great to play and I look forward to it.

Probably the best part about golf in Scandinavia is that Malaga and Marbella are a very inexpensive flight away.  I just got back from there and I also drove over to Algarve in Portugal and to an awesome links course by RTJ Jr. called Troia.  It was spectacular!  It's also cheap to fly to Scotland - I went in May and am going back in April as well. With some points I had, it's $26 to fly there with luggage. On Ryan Air I can fly over for around $100 with my golf bag. So it's nice home base to golf in other places. Anyhoo, I want to watch Falsterbo and Visby now.. TTYL!

IMG_5281.jpg

Well, now I've binge watched like 20 videos from these guys.  I can't say that I enjoy the guys or their story, but they have gone to a lot of courses I am hoping to go to. In fact, they have videos on the two in Sweden plus the first 72 holes I'll be playing in April when I go back to the east coast of Scotland. I can tell from their teaser stuff they will be going to Lofoten Links in Norway.  I'm a bit disappointed that's the only one in Norway that they will probably go to. I didn't see anything to indicate they will play in Denmark either but maybe? Wish they would go to this course in Iceland.  I was supposed to play there but they forgot to load my equipment on my stay over trip through Iceland (I fly through there on the way to the US) so I didn't get to play there. https://www.english.golfmos.is/hlidavollur-photos

30 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Well, now I've binge watched like 20 videos from these guys.  I can't say that I enjoy the guys or their story, but they have gone to a lot of courses I am hoping to go to. In fact, they have videos on the two in Sweden plus the first 72 holes I'll be playing in April when I go back to the east coast of Scotland. I can tell from their teaser stuff they will be going to Lofoten Links in Norway.  I'm a bit disappointed that's the only one in Norway that they will probably go to. I didn't see anything to indicate they will play in Denmark either but maybe? Wish they would go to this course in Iceland.  I was supposed to play there but they forgot to load my equipment on my stay over trip through Iceland (I fly through there on the way to the US) so I didn't get to play there. https://www.english.golfmos.is/hlidavollur-photos

They talked about not playing in Denmark on the season preview podcast. Something about not getting the proper paperwork back from the Danish government to film, fly a drone, etc. Apparently, these trips require a year of legwork to get the proper licensing and permitting in place in order to film. Especially in foreign countries. 

They also discussed a possible trip to Iceland but not centered around Tourist Sauce. Hinting at another series they have in he works. From the group discussion on the pod, Soly has already gone to Iceland and staked out the beginnings of a planned trip for the group. 

Makes sense on the drones.  Especially now with the war.  They just jailed a guy in Norway (Russian) because they have so many people flying near to sensitive places like power stations and pipelines. Would def like to see Iceland even though I should have already played the courses I'm interested in.  I live a 3 and 4 year old now soon to be 4 and 5 so doubt I'll ever get another chance to play in Iceland, sadly. 

Not sure when I will get a chance to give this one a watch, but don't want to miss out on posting it regardless!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 11/7/2022 at 9:54 AM, vandyland said:

I'd move up to the forward tees and still probably lose a 1/2 balls. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just watched the great northern episode and Randy, after playing a phenomenal golf course on a beautiful day, remarks “I think the highlight of the day was the spa.” Very typical randy comment. Can I replace him as someone who actually likes to play golf?

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

Just watched the great northern episode and Randy, after playing a phenomenal golf course on a beautiful day, remarks “I think the highlight of the day was the spa.” Very typical randy comment. Can I replace him as someone who actually likes to play golf?

Altho Randy does seem a little out of place in nlu i often really appreciate his comments. 

Some of my favorite courses and memories golfing are for the scenery or experience i had around the course or the people I've met along the way.

I've been fortunate to play in several countries outside my home country and most all the mentors that stick out aren't for the golf itself but the other factors as mentioned. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 12/11/2022 at 11:30 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Altho Randy does seem a little out of place in nlu i often really appreciate his comments. 

Some of my favorite courses and memories golfing are for the scenery or experience i had around the course or the people I've met along the way.

I've been fortunate to play in several countries outside my home country and most all the mentors that stick out aren't for the golf itself but the other factors as mentioned. 

If it was all about golf they wouldn’t have showed how cool the spa actually was. Traveling as a 6’7” guy couldn’t have been easy, plus I think the big guy should enjoy the finer things in life that the C suite has regularly, compared to the strapped boys 😂😂

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 3 weeks later...

Their new one in Korea was REALLY good. Again, they talk about how good the amenities are. For me all those breaks, tea and egg stops, giant locker rooms, and 6 hour rounds are extremely irritating. I also don't really enjoy having a caddy much at all. I don't think I could golf in Korea.  However, the course is quite beautiful.

Edited by Clayton

I didn't post the other videos as I was away and well kinda forgot to along with didn't see a ton of traction. That being said was a good last few episodes and enjoyed them overall. Was a fun season and admit the following of golf was a little harder than normal, but due to the travel aspects I enjoyed this season a lot more. 

In other NLU news they have left Callaway and joined Team Titleist!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Having played both Bro Hof Slot and Ullna, all I can say that it was a trip of the lifetime for me. Stockholm old town was a delight and all the sights were great fun. Both my grandmothers were born and raised there and I am so proud to be a SWEDE!!!!

Edited by Redhawk

All Taylor Made clubs except I got Srixon 585 irons. Buy new TM driver every year. 

44 minutes ago, Redhawk said:

Having played both Bro Hof Slot and Ullna, all I can say that it was a trip of the lifetime for me. Stockholm old town was a delight and all the sights were great fun. Both my grandmothers were born and raised there and I am so proud to be a SWEDE!!!!

Heja Sverige! My wife is Swedish and I have a ton of Swedish family now so I get to visit every summer, sometimes more. I've not played near Stockholm yet, just other parts of Sweden.

I choose those two courses when I was there as they both were in the top 5 in all of Sweden. They treated me so nice at both courses!! My great grandpa had a home or cabin in Gotaland and when he passed my folks had a chance to inherit the place but choose not to. Oh well, it wasn't practical I suppose. i still continue with Swedish Traditions and food during the holidays and buy my kids something Swedish every year!! My nickname to this day is Big Swede and I have clothes, ballmarkers, headcovers and God knows what else to show I'm Swedish!!

All Taylor Made clubs except I got Srixon 585 irons. Buy new TM driver every year. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2022 at 6:37 AM, RollingGreens said:

If it was all about golf they wouldn’t have showed how cool the spa actually was. Traveling as a 6’7” guy couldn’t have been easy, plus I think the big guy should enjoy the finer things in life that the C suite has regularly, compared to the strapped boys 😂😂

When it comes to Randy listen to him and Tron on their Trap Draw podcast.  It’s very little about golf but a very snarky and sarcastic humor to the show.  

Randy provides a less intense golf perspective an at times takes the contrarian view just to provide it, so it seems to me.  IMO he likes golf, but not the pretentiousness it brings at times and is just a more relaxed less serious individual.  I didn’t care for his takes at first but he has become my favorite take on things at times.  They all seem to have a roll and play into it.  

I would also encourage people to take in the Cookie Jar Podcast.  It’s a couple guys out of the U.K startling to follow the same mold.  Good podcast and are starting videos now also.

Driver: Titleist Tsi 3

3 Wood : Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 3

Hybrid : Hogan Edge CFT Hybrid 3

Irons : Hogan Apex ftx 3 iron

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-GW

Wedge : Taylor Made 56 degree

Vokey Sm8 60 degree s grind

Putter: Evnroll ev11