TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Off-Season Speed Challenge

Message added by GolfSpy TCB,

image.png

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

My Stack session today, in two gifs:

Man I know that feeling.  And the fast workouts come when you least expect them.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

January was a bust for me. I barely had time to get anything going. Decided it was more fun to go play on the occassional nice-ish day instead of hit the gym or start a new program on stack. 

I had 107, 107, 109. Basically, the same as last month's check-in. I'll call it 107 so I don't have to do math. Hoping to be able to put in more work during February.

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

I also just got out and yes January was not a good month for this, was but it was a bit warmer so I eked out just a bit more to average 109. As I mentioned I have started some Fit For Golf work and hoping that just slowly over time improve mobility and some strength. Probably no effect for this challenge, but by next off-season I am hoping I would see this more then. Still gonna hit it hard for the next 6 weeks and see where we land.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

478CC72C-C955-456F-80C5-67CE71CFE86F.jpeg.d08dd1d646685093075b4166955fc327.jpeg

9CFE46FF-84A2-4D81-9352-04CB14C8D459.jpeg.1352437123e47f19b6be140d4a60decb.jpeg

EE01CD85-5B35-46A6-872B-B8CE2566EBCD.jpeg.4096f4a2f7ba8896a506380dc49b912c.jpeg

@Lacassemhas established I ain’t no mathematical genius, but this averages out to 117.6, so mark me down for 117 please.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

-11*.  That can be my number for today.... that's what the temp will be tomorrow morning... BRRRR not good for any sort of speed training.

That being said... I did get to at least swing some PWs twice in the past two weeks. Woof.  Need to pick my game up here or I'll end up slower than my starting point. 🥶

I'll just add that between the posts here and now Mike Carroll joining up with them I'm considering listing the Super Speed sticks and hoping on that bandwagon.  It was this part of his blog that really speaks to me:

"For example, let’s consider Player A & Player B both swing their driver 100mph.

Relative to norms for a player with a 100mph driver speed (which The Stack have from millions of recorded swings in their database) Player A excels with loads lighter than their driver (under load), but struggles with loads heavier than their driver (over load).

Player B is the opposite. They excel with heavier loads than driver (over load), but struggle with lighter loads (under load).

This suggests that Player A is “velocity dominant”, while Player B is “force dominant. In this instance, it is highly likely that the optimal swing speed training program for each golfer will be different."

Looking back at my notes on SuperSpeed I always have felt like my green stick numbers haven't been as high as they should be given my heavy numbers.  This last part about "force dominant" swings and the Stack's AI powered trainings to get you in your ideal program have me super interested.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

-11*.  That can be my number for today.... that's what the temp will be tomorrow morning... BRRRR not good for any sort of speed training.

That being said... I did get to at least swing some PWs twice in the past two weeks. Woof.  Need to pick my game up here or I'll end up slower than my starting point. 🥶

I'll just add that between the posts here and now Mike Carroll joining up with them I'm considering listing the Super Speed sticks and hoping on that bandwagon.  It was this part of his blog that really speaks to me:

"For example, let’s consider Player A & Player B both swing their driver 100mph.

Relative to norms for a player with a 100mph driver speed (which The Stack have from millions of recorded swings in their database) Player A excels with loads lighter than their driver (under load), but struggles with loads heavier than their driver (over load).

Player B is the opposite. They excel with heavier loads than driver (over load), but struggle with lighter loads (under load).

This suggests that Player A is “velocity dominant”, while Player B is “force dominant. In this instance, it is highly likely that the optimal swing speed training program for each golfer will be different."

Looking back at my notes on SuperSpeed I always have felt like my green stick numbers haven't been as high as they should be given my heavy numbers.  This last part about "force dominant" swings and the Stack's AI powered trainings to get you in your ideal program have me super interested.  

Feels like somebody made a similar comment comparing the two systems somewhere else on this forum Bryan… 🤣🤣

Get a referral code from somebody if you do make the switch!

23 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

478CC72C-C955-456F-80C5-67CE71CFE86F.jpeg.d08dd1d646685093075b4166955fc327.jpeg

9CFE46FF-84A2-4D81-9352-04CB14C8D459.jpeg.1352437123e47f19b6be140d4a60decb.jpeg

EE01CD85-5B35-46A6-872B-B8CE2566EBCD.jpeg.4096f4a2f7ba8896a506380dc49b912c.jpeg

@Lacassemhas established I ain’t no mathematical genius, but this averages out to 117.6, so mark me down for 117 please.

Is this supposed to be impressive? 😂

I mean props for not rounding up?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Is this supposed to be impressive? 😂

I mean props for not rounding up?

Says the sailor that falls off ladders…

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Says the sailor that falls off ladders…

Ouch…..too soon, my leg is still pretty sore! Still getting my super-speed in though! Pays to have buildings with high ceilings, #noexcuses like @GolfSpy_BOS

image.gif.c9b60fab2b50feeafeae3e8c9e16720d.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Feels like somebody made a similar comment comparing the two systems somewhere else on this forum Bryan… 🤣🤣

Get a referral code from somebody if you do make the switch!

sorry sorry sorrrrrryyyyy.  I should have mentioned this excellent thread by one of our most well respected members.

FOR ALL INFORMATION GO HERE ⬇️⬇️⬇️ 

BEST THREAD EVAH! ⬆️⬆️⬆️ (see I even did that one in a Boston accent for ya)

Please forgive me!

Can I get a referral code? 🙃

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just now, GolfSpy_BOS said:

sorry sorry sorrrrrryyyyy.  I should have mentioned this excellent thread by one of our most well respected members.

FOR ALL INFORMATION GO HERE ⬇️⬇️⬇️ 

BEST THREAD EVAH! ⬆️⬆️⬆️ (see I even did that one in a Boston accent for ya)

Please forgive me!

Can I get a referral code? 🙃

Ha ha, all good, my feelings weren’t hurt.  I know you’re used to fragile sailors (cough… @Lacassem…cough) but this here Airman is a hardened warrior.

If you’re serious about that code, absolutely, DM me and I’ll reply with one…

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I feel I am the opposite. I really struggle to get the red one moving but green comes back pretty quick and gets close to if not around 130, but red will stick around 110. After watching an old interview with Mike Carrol with Chasing Scratch he mentions if you struggle with one or the other to increase the number of swings with that club. Might reduce the green to just a couple swings, and increase the blue and red ones to try and improve that.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Ha ha, all good, my feelings weren’t hurt.  I know you’re used to fragile sailors (cough… @Lacassem…cough) but this here Airman is a hardened warrior.

If you’re serious about that code, absolutely, DM me and I’ll reply with one…

Airman and hardened warrior have never been used in the same sentence until now 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I feel I am the opposite. I really struggle to get the red one moving but green comes back pretty quick and gets close to if not around 130, but red will stick around 110. After watching an old interview with Mike Carrol with Chasing Scratch he mentions if you struggle with one or the other to increase the number of swings with that club. Might reduce the green to just a couple swings, and increase the blue and red ones to try and improve that.

I swear there were times I was swinging the red as fast as the green!  so increase the number you're deficient in? 

5 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Might have to do this I’m the same green high red doesn’t move much

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I swear there were times I was swinging the red as fast as the green!  so increase the number you're deficient in? 

If I remember right yes, at least focus on the one that correlates closest to your driver speed, he has felt like green didn't as much for most people. Which I have found. When I start being able to move the red faster I can move driver faster so focus more there. Obviously I know the lighter still gets that brain rewiring about the same movement pattern faster, so I feel I want to keep some but maybe 2 of those and then 5 with blue and red say. Worth trying since a Stack purchase is not really in the cards right now given the cost even with a discount.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Might have to do this I’m the same green high red doesn’t move much

So I know I’m beating the dead horse,  but this is where the Stack AI comes through.  If you’re fast with green but not so much with red, you’d probably respond to more emphasis on overload training.  If you’re the opposite, you’d probably respond better to more overspeed training.  The app picks those nuances up during your baseline to suggest a program, then also tailors workouts within the program as you go.

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So I know I’m beating the dead horse,  but this is where the Stack AI comes through.  If you’re fast with green but not so much with red, you’d probably respond to more emphasis on overload training.  If you’re the opposite, you’d probably respond better to more overspeed training.  The app picks those nuances up during your baseline to suggest a program, then also tailors workouts within the program as you go.

Are they paying you yet?

I would look into it. TBH the discussion on stack seems to be to in depth for me, I am a simple man. But I have not looked into it deeply so I could be off base, superspeed was easy, swing weight......But now I am intrigued because that explanation here makes sense to me.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Are they paying you yet?

Ha!  No sir, I just like geeking out on this stuff, and seeing my fellow spies get better too.

18 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Ha!  No sir, I just like geeking out on this stuff, and seeing my fellow spies get better too.

I’ll probably PM ya soon after reading more into it. Might need a simple break down lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

OK, you're all safe:

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

OK, you're all safe:

*rubs hands*, my evil plan is working! BAWHAHAHAHA!! ON a kind note, stick with it. Speed training is not linear at all.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

16 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Speed training is not linear at all.

This is the key idea.

Here's what my data tells me: hitting 109 with the Stack (roughly 120 with the driver dry swing no ball) is within my physical abilities. My inability to repeat it, then, is chiefly technical/mental, not physical.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 minute ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

This is the key idea.

Here's what my data tells me: hitting 109 with the Stack (roughly 120 with the driver dry swing no ball) is within my physical abilities. My inability to repeat it, then, is chiefly technical/mental, not physical.

totally agree. That is how i am feeling too as I seem to be stuck at 115 dry swings the last two check ins

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

This is the key idea.

I had a similar experience in Neural Drive.  If your experience is consistent with mine, you’ll adapt as you progress/transition through phases and be back up there in speed quickly.

Won't be getting a check-in for February done anytime soon. Clubs are packed up and I fly out tomorrow morning. Not going to bother with taking the PRGR with me or anything like that so I'm just going to try to enjoy my rounds over next weekend in Florida since I'm stuck there for work for the next two weeks. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

February check-in time for me. After not swinging all week (minus my Stack workouts) due to the cold temperatures, the garage was right around 40 and very comfortable today.

I'm very glad I played around with my nutrition a little bit over the past few weeks. It has made a big difference, combined with a few different thoughts and feels. Speed is back/trending ever-so-slightly up, and my swing is really coming along.

My three best driver swings today were 117.3, 116.3 and 116 for an average of 116.5 MPH. Roughly 2.5 MPH up from October's baseline.

feb_checkin.jpg.82fcf0cad9814335be20a49643fd3790.jpg

I also completed my last workout of Full Speed Spectrum Stack program, and the app is eerily accurate (see below). My maxed out 6 iron neared 101 today with 140+ ball speed, and my dispersion has been getting pretty darn good as well. My main miss is still a hook when I try to crush the ball and "rip it down the third base line." I definitely have been getting more neutral overall, however, as you can see from my path and face above.

feb_checkin2.jpg.85d46ccb48a558a8386dd716b2e1e3d6.jpg

Very happy tonight.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

49 minutes ago, edingc said:

February check-in time for me. After not swinging all week (minus my Stack workouts) due to the cold temperatures, the garage was right around 40 and very comfortable today.

I'm very glad I played around with my nutrition a little bit over the past few weeks. It has made a big difference, combined with a few different thoughts and feels. Speed is back/trending ever-so-slightly up, and my swing is really coming along.

My three best driver swings today were 117.3, 116.3 and 116 for an average of 116.5 MPH. Roughly 2.5 MPH up from October's baseline.

feb_checkin.jpg.82fcf0cad9814335be20a49643fd3790.jpg

I also completed my last workout of Full Speed Spectrum Stack program, and the app is eerily accurate (see below). My maxed out 6 iron neared 101 today with 140+ ball speed, and my dispersion has been getting pretty darn good as well. My main miss is still a hook when I try to crush the ball and "rip it down the third base line." I definitely have been getting more neutral overall, however, as you can see from my path and face above.

feb_checkin2.jpg.85d46ccb48a558a8386dd716b2e1e3d6.jpg

Very happy tonight.

Nice work Cody.  What kind of nutrition changes are we talking about here, and why?

9 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Nice work Cody.  What kind of nutrition changes are we talking about here, and why?

Quoting myself below from a few pages back for the backstory. In practice, I started eating some plain oatmeal and a banana with my lunch, and occasionally eat a sweet potato at dinner. Took my daily carb intake from less than 50 grams to 100-150.

So far, so good, as the additional few carbs only briefly added some water weight before it came back off again. Down about 12 pounds total since the start of the year (about 4 of that was immediate water weight loss from the holiday binge).

On 1/23/2023 at 11:00 AM, edingc said:

Second, regarding my nutrition, my goal over the next few weeks is to slowly ramp up my carbohydrate intake in an effort to regain some of the 3-4 MPH I lost over the past month. I was reading a pretty interesting research summary on Stronger by Science, which highlighted the relationship of glycogen storage in type 2/"fast twitch" muscle fibers. 

I'm continuing to make some gains in the gym with weights, but the speed has stagnated/regressed a bit since the fall. Since the start of the year my wife and I have gotten back into being lower carb more seriously (we've been low carbers for over 10 years now, but splurged a bit this past fall/holiday season) and that has correlated directly with my loss of speed.

I'm hoping by introducing a few more carbs I might capture some of that lost speed while still allowing me to work on body composition. Fun little experiment to take me through the end of this challenge.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

11 minutes ago, edingc said:

Quoting myself below from a few pages back for the backstory. In practice, I started eating some plain oatmeal and a banana with my lunch, and occasionally eat a sweet potato at dinner. Took my daily carb intake from less than 50 grams to 100-150.

So far, so good, as the additional few carbs only briefly added some water weight before it came back off again. Down about 12 pounds total since the start of the year (about 4 of that was immediate water weight loss from the holiday binge).

Ah, sorry too make you repeat yourself.

I'm convinced carb depletion sabotaging speed is a thing though.  I've been carb cycling for a few weeks now, but I've noticed that on speed training days after a low carb day where I kept the carbs really low, I was much slower...less glycogen in the system I'm sure.  I'm trying to carb cycle now but to less of an extreme on the low carb days,