Jump to content
Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Off-Season Speed Challenge


Message added by GolfSpy TCB,

image.png

 

Recommended Posts

Mevo speed today indoors with a ball was 106. Not bad being really sore from working out. Time to keep grinding

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

 :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

 :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just stumbled on this thread. Perfect timing since I just started Stack and I’ve recently found my way back into the gym (last time I lifted was pre-Covid)

This is my baseline from 10/21

image.png.80f683deeb64298a9688d67a92c2ee94.png

 

  • Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to join.  On 11/1 my driver speed was 118.  

Not a fan of the calculation for rewarding the winner.  Someone with a 90 mph swing speed is going to have a much easier chance of hitting 99 mph (10% increase) than I will of getting up to 130 (also 10% increase).  But whatever, good to be part of the community of folks getting stronger.

PRGR, TheStack, Fit for Golf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mstuewe said:

I'd like to join.  On 11/1 my driver speed was 118.  

Not a fan of the calculation for rewarding the winner.  Someone with a 90 mph swing speed is going to have a much easier chance of hitting 99 mph (10% increase) than I will of getting up to 130 (also 10% increase).  But whatever, good to be part of the community of folks getting stronger.

I saw @GolfSpy MPR got a formula from Sasho that gives credit for the starting speed. I’m curious how much it would affect the rankings. I like the extra motivation no matter what the rules are. 

Sasho’s formula:

0.4(starting speed) + 5(speed increase) = speed improvement score

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok... I have my Off-Season Speed Training setup all ready to go...

 

image.png

Rypstick Swing Speed Training Equipment - $200.00

 

image.png

PRGR HS-130A Launch Monitor/Radar - $229.00

 

20221106_143521.jpg

Proper Motivation provided by @GolfSpy_BOS - Priceless

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Ok... I have my Off-Season Speed Training setup all ready to go...

 

image.png

Rypstick Swing Speed Training Equipment - $200.00

 

image.png

PRGR HS-130A Launch Monitor/Radar - $229.00

 

20221106_143521.jpg

Proper Motivation provided by @GolfSpy_BOS - Priceless

I love it! You’re going to be at 135 with that ugly mug staring at you!

 

@ejgaudette i did my baseline. 108, 108, 106 baseline swings. So 107.5 average. 
 

let the training begin!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AndySP said:

I saw @GolfSpy MPR got a formula from Sasho that gives credit for the starting speed. I’m curious how much it would affect the rankings. I like the extra motivation no matter what the rules are. 

Sasho’s formula:

0.4(starting speed) + 5(speed increase) = speed improvement score

Yes I did see this an I am willing to move to this system Any objects from the members, @Getoffmylawn specifically as a bit of a co-conspirator on this

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2022 at 6:57 AM, mstuewe said:

I'd like to join.  On 11/1 my driver speed was 118.  

Not a fan of the calculation for rewarding the winner.  Someone with a 90 mph swing speed is going to have a much easier chance of hitting 99 mph (10% increase) than I will of getting up to 130 (also 10% increase).  But whatever, good to be part of the community of folks getting stronger.

PRGR, TheStack, Fit for Golf

 

On 11/6/2022 at 5:57 AM, snicerz said:

Just stumbled on this thread. Perfect timing since I just started Stack and I’ve recently found my way back into the gym (last time I lifted was pre-Covid)

This is my baseline from 10/21

image.png.80f683deeb64298a9688d67a92c2ee94.png

 

Great to have you joining us and look forward to hearing about your progress. Will be looking to update at least monthly, but share as often as you like.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Yes I did see this an I am willing to move to this system Any objects from the members, @Getoffmylawn specifically as a bit of a co-conspirator on this

No objection here, I think that's a great idea.  Let's pin that formula or rules on how the winner is determined to the top of the thread though so there's no missing that point.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

            :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

No objection here, I think that's a great idea.  Let's pin that formula or rules on how the winner is determined to the top of the thread though so there's no missing that point.

I will add it to the leader board so its always at the top

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love the idea of the format change. Definitely seems ideal considering my maxed out estimation of where I could get this offseason is about 5.25 percent increase.

Been following the Stack protocols pretty seriously for the first three weeks. This is going to be fun.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, edingc said:

Love the idea of the format change. Definitely seems ideal considering my maxed out estimation of where I could get this offseason is about 5.25 percent increase.

Been following the Stack protocols pretty seriously for the first three weeks. This is going to be fun.

Yes I am finalizing the formula now. We have about 30 mph difference in starting speed so I am going to lower the ratio on starting score and there was a case where GolfspyTCB gianed 10 mph those at the top end could gain no speed and win, of course assuming other folk also gain little speed. So think more around .3 works better as then even those at the top end need to gain a little to win. Though to find a balance.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New to speed training, hoping someone can help me on a couple of questions.  I’m 78 and of course have lost speed…. I’ve been using a shaft one handed to get the swoosh thing going.  I make 20 swing left handed and 10 or so right handed, then 10 both hands.  I’ve noticed my last hand is fairly good, but height hand is slower, as well as both hand together.  I’m not using weighted sticks, but just the golf shaft.  Is this a good technique?  I hesitate to use weight as my shoulder is not that good, and don’t want to injure it any more.  Any informed comments would be appreciated. 

Ping g400 max driver

 Cally 7 and 5 wood 

ping g400 irons

cleveland wedge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Yes I am finalizing the formula now. We have about 30 mph difference in starting speed so I am going to lower the ratio on starting score and there was a case where GolfspyTCB gianed 10 mph those at the top end could gain no speed and win, of course assuming other folk also gain little speed. So think more around .3 works better as then even those at the top end need to gain a little to win. Though to find a balance.

@ejgaudette... are you and @GolfSpy_BOS in cahoots to rake me over the coals about my baby swing speed??? 🤣.  I may need to add a picture of you to my net for more motivation! 🤣.   

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

@ejgaudette... are you and @GolfSpy_BOS in cahoots to rake me over the coals about my baby swing speed??? 🤣.  I may need to add a picture of you to my net for more motivation! 🤣.   

Whatever helps you go faster!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

@ejgaudette... are you and @GolfSpy_BOS in cahoots to rake me over the coals about my baby swing speed??? 🤣.  I may need to add a picture of you to my net for more motivation! 🤣.   

 

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Whatever helps you go faster!

Yup, we’re just providing proper motivation! 💪💪💪

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello - Can I get in this?  l am already using a golf training group and have a goal to go from my current speed of 90 mph to 102 mph by spring.  This will help me stay focused on my training workouts, if I know others are watching.  Plus, I am curious how other golfers increase their speed. 

I will use a Skytrac to measure my speed and Par4Success is who is providing my training program.  My focus now is to add muscle to add power, since my metrics say I should be jumping higher and throwing farther.

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bunkershotbirdie said:

Hello - Can I get in this?  l am already using a golf training group and have a goal to go from my current speed of 90 mph to 102 mph by spring.  This will help me stay focused on my training workouts, if I know others are watching.  Plus, I am curious how other golfers increase their speed. 

I will use a Skytrac to measure my speed and Par4Success is who is providing my training program.  My focus now is to add muscle to add power, since my metrics say I should be jumping higher and throwing farther.

  

Happy to have you join us, I will add you to the leader board. Be sure to let us know what training you end up doing and how it ends up going.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So new scoring system is up and scoring had been adjusted to the following system.

Starting Speed * 0.27 + Speed Increase

In looking at the data it looks like say getting to 36 points will be a good score. This will take @Golfspy_TCB needs to gain 12 mph, I would need to add 8 mph, someone @Getoffmylawn would need to add 6 mph and @edingc would need to add 5 mph while @AndySP would need to add about 3.5 mph. So I think it will come down to decimal points, so be sure to get that average of 3 wing accurate in March as it may decide the winner.

I think this scoring keeps everything fair given this will only last 5 months and we have to span about 30 mph of starting speed .4 was just too high for the starting speed. Good luck everyone and lets go get it.

LimitedFlickeringCrab-size_restricted.gi

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this is the motivation I need to actally use my Superspeed system I've had for several years now. I know my swing speed is right around 90 mph, but I can test it when I get home tonight to get a solid baseline number.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Parshooter36 said:

Maybe this is the motivation I need to actally use my Superspeed system I've had for several years now. I know my swing speed is right around 90 mph, but I can test it when I get home tonight to get a solid baseline number.

Happy to have you join, looks like we are moving close to 20 participants

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a quick question for those of you who have already been working through various swing speed protocols... the rest period between "workouts" is crucial from what I have researched (and makes sense based on working out more in my younger days...).  How do you mix in your workouts with playing rounds?  I try to get out and play at least 3 rounds a week.. most every Saturday/Sunday... so how would that impact the "rest" days?

I know we are all in competition with each other here 😉  but was curious how you all approach this.  My thought is to target initial speed workouts on maybe Monday and Thursday... so I have two days after the first workout of the week, and one rest day before my first weekend round.  But then I would be coming of two rounds and the next day doing a swing speed workout.  

I did 2 speed workouts last week with a day rest between.  I saw triple digits on the light weight rypstick at the end of the 2nd session, and saw a few mph increase on my Driver as well..   I played poorly over the weekend.... hope the two aren't related. 😉

 

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I have a quick question for those of you who have already been working through various swing speed protocols... the rest period between "workouts" is crucial from what I have researched (and makes sense based on working out more in my younger days...).  How do you mix in your workouts with playing rounds?  I try to get out and play at least 3 rounds a week.. most every Saturday/Sunday... so how would that impact the "rest" days?

I know we are all in competition with each other here 😉  but was curious how you all approach this.  My thought is to target initial speed workouts on maybe Monday and Thursday... so I have two days after the first workout of the week, and one rest day before my first weekend round.  But then I would be coming of two rounds and the next day doing a swing speed workout.  

I did 2 speed workouts last week with a day rest between.  I saw triple digits on the light weight rypstick at the end of the 2nd session, and saw a few mph increase on my Driver as well..   I played poorly over the weekend.... hope the two aren't related. 😉

 

I would say when trying to play through training like that there will be days when you are a bit tired and slow. I think given how much you are playing, doing the training two days a week is a good start. Maybe move to three on a week when you can only play once. This should give your body some time to rest and recover each week. As always listen to your body and I am sure that you will make great progress (wait it supposed to be a competition) I mean you are going down

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I would say when trying to play through training like that there will be days when you are a bit tired and slow. I think given how much you are playing, doing the training two days a week is a good start. Maybe move to three on a week when you can only play once. This should give your body some time to rest and recover each week. As always listen to your body and I am sure that you will make great progress (wait it supposed to be a competition) I mean you are going down

Thanks @ejgaudette 🙂  

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

In looking at the data it looks like say getting to 36 points will be a good score. This will take @Golfspy_TCB needs to gain 12 mph, I would need to add 8 mph, someone @Getoffmylawn would need to add 6 mph and @edingc would need to add 5 mph while @AndySP would need to add about 3.5 mph.

I'm not exactly sure... but I think you are calling me a swing speed sandbagger here..... haha. 

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

How do you mix in your workouts with playing rounds?  I try to get out and play at least 3 rounds a week.. most every Saturday/Sunday... so how would that impact the "rest" days?

This is where I might have a bit of an advantage or a handicap potentially being in snow state. Upside, won't be tempted by playing and focus solely on training. Downside, won't know real world application until season starts most likely of potentially screwing with technique.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

 :titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

 :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

 SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I have a quick question for those of you who have already been working through various swing speed protocols... the rest period between "workouts" is crucial from what I have researched (and makes sense based on working out more in my younger days...).  How do you mix in your workouts with playing rounds?  I try to get out and play at least 3 rounds a week.. most every Saturday/Sunday... so how would that impact the "rest" days?

I know we are all in competition with each other here 😉  but was curious how you all approach this.  My thought is to target initial speed workouts on maybe Monday and Thursday... so I have two days after the first workout of the week, and one rest day before my first weekend round.  But then I would be coming of two rounds and the next day doing a swing speed workout.  

I did 2 speed workouts last week with a day rest between.  I saw triple digits on the light weight rypstick at the end of the 2nd session, and saw a few mph increase on my Driver as well..   I played poorly over the weekend.... hope the two aren't related. 😉

 

The superspeed guys recommended two rest days. You can play in between but like others said you may be tired that day of playing. Just don’t play on days you do protocols. I’ve done it and was gassed by hole 3 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

 :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

 :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I'm not exactly sure... but I think you are calling me a swing speed sandbagger here..... haha. 

No no if I kept it at 0.4 you would need to gain like 15 mph to tie some of the high swing speed players without them gaining a mph all off season. I know we are all an honest bunch here.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, for anyone intrigued by Rypstick and looking to help a member out, @edingc has his stick for sale in BST for $150. I may buy but I think my ceilings and space is too small to get the total length out of it.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

 :titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

 :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

 SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Likely stupid, but legitimate question. Are we going with playing speed or "let it rip" speed. I ask because last week I had another session and when hitting drives, my swing speed was averaging 95mph, and I know a huge part of this is mental and sequencing. We also took the ball away and took some swings. Basically, just swing for the fences with no worries about the consequences. Three of those swings averaged 104.7. That's a fairly large difference for my starting speed. Feel free to change my starting speed if that makes more sense. I'm honestly just not sure if this is all about max speed, or actually useful playing speed?

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...