TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shoe size

Christof

Hello

Are golf shoes also taken a 1 size bigger than regular shoes? In regular shoes I have 39-39.5 in my running and cycling shoes I take 1 size bigger. Is this also necessary in golf shoes? Now golfing cannot be compared to running or other intensive sports. 

Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

I haven't found that to be the case.  I wear the same size shoe as my street shoes and athletic shoes.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I take a US 9.5 in regular shoes, I feel best with a US 10 in golf shoes.  I have no idea why.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

Shoe size may vary depending on the brand and model. Most of my shoes are a size 9 (us), but, my Ecco Biom 3 Hybrids are a size 42 - 8/8.5.  My Footjoy and Adidas golf shoes are a size 9. I don't size up in my golf shoes, unless the shoe model requires it - ie. my regular size is too small. 

20 hours ago, MacTourney said:

No dogs, no hunting.  Half size larger usually works.  

Oké Thanks

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

20 hours ago, CarlH said:

I haven't found that to be the case.  I wear the same size shoe as my street shoes and athletic shoes.

Yes, in Belgium in sports shoes they always take 1 size bigger, say then the athlete does not meet his toes from the front against his shoes during sports.

16 hours ago, Bobbers said:

I take a US 9.5 in regular shoes, I feel best with a US 10 in golf shoes.  I have no idea why.

Okay Interesting thanks

3 hours ago, bellken said:

Shoe size may vary depending on the brand and model. Most of my shoes are a size 9 (us), but, my Ecco Biom 3 Hybrids are a size 42 - 8/8.5.  My Footjoy and Adidas golf shoes are a size 9. I don't size up in my golf shoes, unless the shoe model requires it - ie. my regular size is too small. 

Okay clearly explained, then in future I take in Adidas same size, I find now I still have too much space in my shoes, my feet the R-foot is 24cm and L-foot is 24.5cm, my Adidassen are 25cm, left goes though is still room, right there is plenty of room.
I was told that you have to take the soles out of the shoe and then stand on them to see how much room you have, that would be the right size for the shoe. There is something to that, if you buy shoes online, you can't fit them.

I still play with the Adidas spikeles shoe is still reasonably warm here, for winter the one by Inesis. If grass is wet, I do a good golf swing then slide away. I thought maybe and buy spiked golf shoes should not be a new model, for is to feel what the difference is, I don't know that much difference makes either worth buying for spiked golf shoes, where I play most wear spikeless golf shoe.

Christof

On 10/28/2022 at 10:54 AM, Christof said:

Okay clearly explained, then in future I take in Adidas same size, I find now I still have too much space in my shoes, my feet the R-foot is 24cm and L-foot is 24.5cm, my Adidassen are 25cm, left goes though is still room, right there is plenty of room.
I was told that you have to take the soles out of the shoe and then stand on them to see how much room you have, that would be the right size for the shoe. There is something to that, if you buy shoes online, you can't fit them.

I still play with the Adidas spikeles shoe is still reasonably warm here, for winter the one by Inesis. If grass is wet, I do a good golf swing then slide away. I thought maybe and buy spiked golf shoes should not be a new model, for is to feel what the difference is, I don't know that much difference makes either worth buying for spiked golf shoes, where I play most wear spikeless golf shoe.

Christof

In general, I prefer spikeless, and, do not have issues with slipping, but, those are my preferences, and, you may not share those same preferences.

For the wet season (fall/winter), I bought a pair of Adidas S2G mid-cuts, which, have spikes. I wanted a more high top type shoe as the golf courses (here) can get quite soggy. The S2G mid-cuts are a wide fit shoe, which, will allow me to wear thicker socks for the colder weather.

As for your shoe size, you need to go with what fits you. For me, a shoe fits, if I can get a finger behind the back of my foot with my feet jammed as far forward in the shoe as possible - this is assuming the last of the shoe is compatible with my foot shape. 

Many years ago I took a size 10 1/2 or 11 in all types of shoes. When I retired almost 17 years ago I began to play more golf and walked my rounds. I began to notice discomfort in my toes in a couple of years. And moved up to 11 1/2. Now I am up to a 12.

As we age, our arches break down and our feet actually get bigger. It becomes most apparent in activities where we walk alot. Like golf. Just chalk it up to aging.

I always thought this was like when women's clothes designers created the Size 0 to make women feel like they came down a dress size. Shoe manufacturers have simply added a 1/2 size to make men with small feet feel better about their masculinity. 

P.s. - I used to wear a size 9.5 and now wear a 10-10.5. Yeah baby!!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 10/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, Christof said:

Hello

Are golf shoes also taken a 1 size bigger than regular shoes? In regular shoes I have 39-39.5 in my running and cycling shoes I take 1 size bigger. Is this also necessary in golf shoes? Now golfing cannot be compared to running or other intensive sports. 

Christof

I've only found that in some brands, for example most brands I wear the same size whether it's street, golf or cycling. But Nike is always off for me so I just stick with the brands that I know will work. I do the same with clothing, some companies shirt sizes are way off compared to others so I just stick to certain brands. 

21 hours ago, bellken said:

In general, I prefer spikeless, and, do not have issues with slipping, but, those are my preferences, and, you may not share those same preferences.

For the wet season (fall/winter), I bought a pair of Adidas S2G mid-cuts, which, have spikes. I wanted a more high top type shoe as the golf courses (here) can get quite soggy. The S2G mid-cuts are a wide fit shoe, which, will allow me to wear thicker socks for the colder weather.

As for your shoe size, you need to go with what fits you. For me, a shoe fits, if I can get a finger behind the back of my foot with my feet jammed as far forward in the shoe as possible - this is assuming the last of the shoe is compatible with my foot shape. 

Hello Bellken

Slipping, at the golf club say I have very powerful or explosive golf swing. Maybe with that I slip on wet surfaces.

I had the adidas S2G Spikeless summer shoes, I played with them for 1 summer the cushioning or Bounce Foam was completely gone especially at the back at the heels, I sagged all the way through. Was not a success.

Shoe size, putting finger in the back of the shoe, I had as heard of at ski boots, that is done, already heard of it. Might try it next time.

In Belgium it gets colder, I can put on the Inesis shoes then is see what that gives have very different profile than the Adidas.

Christof

5 hours ago, Everardo said:

I've only found that in some brands, for example most brands I wear the same size whether it's street, golf or cycling. But Nike is always off for me so I just stick with the brands that I know will work. I do the same with clothing, some companies shirt sizes are way off compared to others so I just stick to certain brands. 

Hello Everardo

Here in Belgium, sports shoes are always 1 size bigger than regular shoes. If you go to a sports shop they ask what is your shoe size in normal shoe then they go and get shoes, then you try on some and take the one that fits best.
I do the same with clothes, the sizes are not the same everywhere.
If I have to choose between Adidas or Nike it will be Adidas, I have never had Nike on, when I was in athletics Nike were very narrow shoe and Adidas were not. Also part to do with past when I played football and am also supporter of Club Brugge who played then with Adidas and Nike is the big competitor, Adidas has been my brand for a very long time. Either you are Adidas or Nike man.

Greetings
Christof

I prefer all my shoes to fit tight.  The front of my foot is wide while having a narrow heel.  With an 11.5 Adidas my feet feel locked in at the heel, 1/4" or less from toes to front of shoe with sides stretching.  Rarely find another brand that fits properly for me.

Much easier for dress shoes where better companies have multiple lasts available.  Once you find the lasts that fit it is easy to order safely.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

8 hours ago, ED13 said:

I prefer all my shoes to fit tight.  The front of my foot is wide while having a narrow heel.  With an 11.5 Adidas my feet feel locked in at the heel, 1/4" or less from toes to front of shoe with sides stretching.  Rarely find another brand that fits properly for me.

Much easier for dress shoes where better companies have multiple lasts available.  Once you find the lasts that fit it is easy to order safely.

Hey ED13

OK, when I was very young and played football and athletics, Adidas was my brand, over the years I have started running on my own and other sports I have had different brands. Golf is quite new, in Belgium golf equipment and clothing is amazingly expensive compared to online and in united kingdom. I have had some reactions in the meantime, most of them take half a size bigger or the same size as in their normal shoes.

I didn't know about dress shoes but that's not my style.

Christof