TESTERS WANTED! ×

Analysis of a 1-Plane swing

This is from Jim Hardy's site, and he breaks down the swing from down the line and from face on. Lots of good info.

(sorry about links only, not sure how to get the actual video here)

From down the line:

http://www.planetruthgolf.com/Blog/tabid/125/PostID/19/Video-Analysis-Tutorials---One-Plane-from-Down-the-Line.aspx

From face on:

http://www.planetruthgolf.com/Blog/tabid/125/PostID/21/Video-Analysis-Tutorials---One-Plane-from-Face-On.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how many freaking lines can you draw on one video lesson? LOL.

What did I learn from the video? I'm definitely a two planer...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

That video looks like an etch-a-sketch. :P

I made it halfway through the video and started suffering from paralysis by analysis. I'm much more of a KISS golfer.

Yeah, he does put you to sleep. This is why the old timers are saying the golf swing is getting too technical and ball striking has become a lost art.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yeah, he does put you to sleep. This is why the old timers are saying the golf swing is getting too technical and ball striking has become a lost art.

Too technical, yeah, maybe. I think it's just the natural evolution of things. When you have people who do something really well, others are going to want to break it down, study it, understand every bit of it, and then try to teach it or apply it to themselves. I don't think Hogan was any different. In the bio I was reading it talks about the tips he picked up from other players. He didn't do it with video, but the idea was the same.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Too technical, yeah, maybe. I think it's just the natural evolution of things. When you have people who do something really well, others are going to want to break it down, study it, understand every bit of it, and then try to teach it or apply it to themselves. I don't think Hogan was any different. In the bio I was reading it talks about the tips he picked up from other players. He didn't do it with video, but the idea was the same.

Hogan was one of the most technical players of his day. His lessons book fueled a lot of what was to come later.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

http://www.moenormangolf.com/

Anyone know about this site?

I found a single plane instructor on CL here in Sac. Should I be looking at this? Not like the current swing is producing...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• 2 weeks later...

Hardy places too much emphasis on 2-d video when the golf swing occurs in 3-d. If you really want to get this technical, you need to have a MATT or Trackman to tell you what the club and face are doing. This emphasizes what is wrong with current instruction.

Hardy places too much emphasis on 2-d video when the golf swing occurs in 3-d. If you really want to get this technical, you need to have a MATT or Trackman to tell you what the club and face are doing. This emphasizes what is wrong with current instruction.

Except.....Hardy's both looked at, and used, that kind of information to both prove and study the (new and proven) ball flight laws. Oh, and here's one of Hardy's certified instructors discussing just that type of thing.

side note with the KISS golf, they all went under here in middle tn due to poor business practices and people not getting what they paid for, simulators and clubs etc.. I tried the whole check it out process they were to worried about selling vacation timeshares and not the golf part of it so that put up a big red flag, the whokle presentation was about vacations and u giving them money so maybe KISS golf isnt the best thing to refer to here !!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Except.....Hardy's both looked at, and used, that kind of information to both prove and study the (new and proven) ball flight laws. Oh, and here's one of Hardy's certified instructors discussing just that type of thing.

Except.....Hardy was very late adapting to the science of ball flight. Homer Kelly postulated that idea about 50 years ago, and Theodore Jorgensen proved it in 1993. Those instructors who did promote modern ball flight laws were scorned and ridiculed by the mainstream and state-approved golf media. I am not bashing Hardy, he has forgotten more about golf than I will ever know. I just wish these "Top 50" types would gives credit where credit is due.

I've now had two lessons with Jim Hardy that were part of his instructor certification process, and in both cases he's given others (especially John Jacobs) the credit they deserve. The guy is beyond gracious....if you can, find his Teacher of the Year Award acceptance speech. It's one of the finest, most gracious and humble acceptance speeches I've every heard -- for any award.

I've now had two lessons with Jim Hardy that were part of his instructor certification process, and in both cases he's given others (especially John Jacobs) the credit they deserve. The guy is beyond gracious....if you can, find his Teacher of the Year Award acceptance speech. It's one of the finest, most gracious and humble acceptance speeches I've every heard -- for any award.

You are probably correct. I suppose I have been jaded by Brian Manzella and his guys about these Golf Digest "elite" teachers. Of course watching Hank Haney on his "Projects" has contributed to my disgust with some of these clowns.

Archived