TESTERS WANTED! ×

How many Putters do you own?

Funkyfedora

Here is a place for you putter hos to confess/ brag about your putters.

These are my putters, each with its own story.

Byron 006 = First custom putter

2 Ping Anser 2s = Gamed one at state, and other one is just in perfect condition

Scottsdale Remake = Graduation Present from T.J.

Anser 3 = First putter not bought at Wal-mart.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

In order of newest to oldest:

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Nike Unitized Tiempo

Odyssey (forget the type)

Nike OZ Black

J3 Junior putter that I won in a raffle

Tri-Star Putter Grip (I don't know the brand, the club was 3 stars on the grip and says "putter grip" so that's what I call it)

US Kids putter

• SPY VIP

Cool topic and not as embarrassing as I have moved some recently...

I'll only include the ones that get turf time.

Byron Morgan 006 LN Coldstar finish (the LOL Longneck)

Byron Morgan 006 LN twisty, copper plated, custom engraving in cavity.

Cameron Teryllium 2 Newport Longneck, Only Cameron at the moment, soon going somewhere for spa treatment.

Hiro Honma, Sinker, The Maple Syrup Putter

Odyssey DFX 2 Ball CS

Ben Hogan Bettinardi Big Ben Long Putter

Spalding TP MIlls Tour 16

Ping J Blade with Phoenix Suns stamp in face. Memory from time in AZ

Lots of other old Mills, Bullseyes, and 8802's

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Cameron Teryllium 2 Newport Longneck, Only Cameron at the moment, soon going somewhere for spa treatment.

I love the look of those, how is the feel? I've heard they are very nice, but I've never actually hit one myself.

• SPY VIP

I love the look of those, how is the feel? I've heard they are very nice, but I've never actually hit one myself.

It is very soft, but it puts a surprisingly firm roll on the ball. It is the one that truly fights my 006 for bag space. It is just a little light for me and I don't want to add lead tape. I may see about adding tungsten to it when it is refinished.

Volvo Intorqueo

The TeI3 NP2 is one on my list to grab. I had a chance to roll one for about a month. Absolutely great.

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

wow... I feel so low on the totem pole...

1 - Odyssey Sabertooth

the story... it was a decent price, and it put the ball in the hole better than anything in that price range...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

wow... I feel so low on the totem pole...

1 - Odyssey Sabertooth

the story... it was a decent price, and it put the ball in the hole better than anything in that price range...

Don' feel low. I only game my Byron. They rest are sitting in my staff bag. They are enjoying a nice retirement. Although I do take them to the practice green now and then...

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Ok....I admit, I got a thing for putters and wedges. I've probably got somewehere between 20-30 putters.

Pics? Info??

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I have maybe a dozen putters but only two I use.

My Scotty is my main putter but it's out of the bag until our greens are free of sand. Don't want to scratch him up.

An Odyssey White Hot has taken his place, and if I may say so myself, has done very well for an old timer.

Scotty may not return for a while. :)

Semper Fi

My Club

• SPY VIP

I have maybe a dozen putters but only two I use.

My Scotty is my main putter but it's out of the bag until our greens are free of sand. Don't want to scratch him up.

An Odyssey White Hot has taken his place, and if I may say so myself, has done very well for an old timer.

Scotty may not return for a while. :)

Can you tell us the models? I just looked in the WIIB section and I did not see your bag.

Volvo Intorqueo

My collection is modest:

Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Rife Abaco

Ping G2 Anser

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Can you tell us the models? I just looked in the WIIB section and I did not see your bag.

My clubs are stored at my club and I can't seem to get into the 4GEA forum where I have WITB. I will in a couple of days.

Semper Fi

My Club

Maybe you didn't see....that was 20-30...not 2-3. :)

Maybe you didn't see my question... Details are crucial!

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Yes. And I am sure everyone else wants to know to..

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

7 Byrons (in order by age):

006 carbon steel black oxide

006 ASS in mystic pearl

John Byron Dalehead Mini

John Byron Dalehead

007 rincon neck, carbon steel black oxide

DH89 Mini solid copper

006 carbon steel copper plated (2010 gamer, in transit)

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Jeez Matt. Nice Collection. Are you going to expand your collection to different brands?

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Jeez Matt. Nice Collection. Are you going to expand your collection to different brands?

I really never had the intent of being mono-brand-ized (ha!), it just kinda happened. I bought the first 006, won the second, the two John Byrons were ebay cheapies, traded for the 007 (killer deal), and bought the mini copper because the stamping was perfect (also a killer deal). After all that, I finally figured out what I needed for the perfect gamer, so I ordered that too.

There are definitely other makers out there that I like and respect and would love to get something from.

I've had a bunch of Scotty's...just sold the last one and there really isn't anything there that I want at the moment.

I would like to get a Betti Studio Stock 4 or a Rory, I think the Betti take on that headshape is outstanding. I would also love a JAM, but those are tough to come by, especially without a sight line.

I really like the Tad Moore Barn Find 8802's, they're a great value.

I love the work Lamont does - the Lola 2 may be the best 8802 that I've ever seen and I think the MannKrafted model (can't think of the name, I know he calls variations different things) is very cool too.

I wouldn't mind adding a TP Mills Softtail or Hi-Toe Fleetwood to the rack.

I'm sure I'm leaving out some, but those are off the top of the head. OH! Gene Nead's AS10 looks great, especially with the "eyes" face milling. Still not done, but I'll stop there.

I'm sure I'll have more different things pass through my hands, and when I do, I will post pics.

I know I will get a Mannkrafted. Don't know what else though. I love my 006. It just works.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I know I will get a Mannkrafted. Don't know what else though. I love my 006. It just works.

Yeah, the 006 is classic. I look at the BB8's, and some of them are absolutely drool-worthy and DASS can feel tremendous, you've got the FIT face, on and on. But well before I get to the "Send Payment" stage, I say to myself, "Would I really sideline the 006 for that? Even for 1 round?" And the answer is: no.

• SPY VIP

I really never had the intent of being mono-brand-ized (ha!), it just kinda happened. I bought the first 006, won the second, the two John Byrons were ebay cheapies, traded for the 007 (killer deal), and bought the mini copper because the stamping was perfect (also a killer deal). After all that, I finally figured out what I needed for the perfect gamer, so I ordered that too.

There are definitely other makers out there that I like and respect and would love to get something from.

I've had a bunch of Scotty's...just sold the last one and there really isn't anything there that I want at the moment.

I would like to get a Betti Studio Stock 4 or a Rory, I think the Betti take on that headshape is outstanding. I would also love a JAM, but those are tough to come by, especially without a sight line.

I really like the Tad Moore Barn Find 8802's, they're a great value.

I love the work Lamont does - the Lola 2 may be the best 8802 that I've ever seen and I think the MannKrafted model (can't think of the name, I know he calls variations different things) is very cool too.

I wouldn't mind adding a TP Mills Softtail or Hi-Toe Fleetwood to the rack.

I'm sure I'm leaving out some, but those are off the top of the head. OH! Gene Nead's AS10 looks great, especially with the "eyes" face milling. Still not done, but I'll stop there.

I'm sure I'll have more different things pass through my hands, and when I do, I will post pics.

I too am looking to bag a Softtail. I think that is why I owned the new Monterey for a spell. As my third Byron rolls in though, it is hard to move from a camp that has such people and produces a putter that flat out performs.

Sorry to interrupt you guys, but the softtail caught my eye.

Volvo Intorqueo

No apology needed, ever. I REALLY like the look of a high toe putter, and I was really hoping the Bombora would be a JAM-type putter, but I don't think it will be. Maybe the next new model.

100% agree about the people in the Byron camp. I could go elsewhere, there are tons of awesome companies with great great people, but I just tend to go with what I know.

Archived