TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hi from MN!

Hello all. New to your site from MN. Recently decided to get back into golf and have really enjoyed reading reviews and comments! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and really respect the opinions that I have read so far.

I know selecting a putter is a very personal issue but I have not selected a putter yet so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

What I have in my bag

Driver: Nike VR_S 9.5* R Flex Fubuki K shaft

Fairway woods: Nike VR_S 3 & 5 woods R Flex Fubuki FW shafts

Hybrid: Nike VR_S #3 hybrid R Flex Fukuki HY

Irons: Nike VR_S 4-PW R Flex True Temper Dynalite 110 shafts

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Black Oxide 52* and 56*

Putter: ???? haven't decided

• SPY VIP

Sorno - Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

I'm not a putter guy (putter ho as they say) like some of the other guys, so I'll leave the recommendations to them.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Hello all. New to your site from MN. Recently decided to get back into golf and have really enjoyed reading reviews and comments! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and really respect the opinions that I have read so far.

I know selecting a putter is a very personal issue but I have not selected a putter yet so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Sorno - fellow MN golfer here -- where do you play? Looks like some courses are opening up this weekend and next week. It's been a long winter!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hi Sorno - fellow MN golfer here -- where do you play? Looks like some courses are opening up this weekend and next week. It's been a long winter!!

Hey Barbajo, located in SWMN, small town mostly 9 hole courses around here. The are forecasting mid 60's next week so spring is near! The winter is ALWAYS long in MN but we really couldn't have had a milder winter. We usually try to get a good week long vacation in Jamaica sometime mid winter but this year it was just too busy, only got 4 days in Scottsdale AZ., which is the reason I'm golfing again! Where do you play?

What I have in my bag

Hey Barbajo, located in SWMN, small town mostly 9 hole courses around here. The are forecasting mid 60's next week so spring is near! The winter is ALWAYS long in MN but we really couldn't have had a milder winter. We usually try to get a good week long vacation in Jamaica sometime mid winter but this year it was just too busy, only got 4 days in Scottsdale AZ., which is the reason I'm golfing again! Where do you play?

Southwest Metro -- Shakopee-Prior Lake-Lakeville area. Played at Stonebrooke 2 yrs ago, Heritage Links last year -- looking at Crystal Lake this year. Play the Wilds and Meadows at Mystic Lake once a year -- haven't played Legends yet. Just hearing about some courses opening up...time to crank "Here Comes The Sun" and start whackin' some birdies!

Where did you play in Scottsdale? Hope you have a great season!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Southwest Metro -- Shakopee-Prior Lake-Lakeville area. Played at Stonebrooke 2 yrs ago, Heritage Links last year -- looking at Crystal Lake this year. Play the Wilds and Meadows at Mystic Lake once a year -- haven't played Legends yet. Just hearing about some courses opening up...time to crank "Here Comes The Sun" and start whackin' some birdies!

Where did you play in Scottsdale? Hope you have a great season!

Played at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale, it was very nice, pretty forgiving left and right but long and the greens were fast. I was listening to the common man on KFAN today, he gives the "official" golf course openings, "the most wonderful time of the year", fun bit. I know a guy that works at the Mystic Lake course, I think the Wilds, he used to be the super at a course my wife was the club mgr at.

What I have in my bag

Welcome to MGS glad you found us.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Welcome to MGS!

I'll take the first crack at putter recommendations. If you're looking for something off the rack, right now I like the Ping Scotsdale. Lots of different models in that line and the insert feels good to me. If you want to go high-end/boutique style putters, you have lots of awesome choices. Machine makes great stuff that you can see here frequently. I've owned many Byron Morgans that I enjoy. Currently I'm gaming a Bettinardi Studio Stock.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived