Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

adidas Golf Releases Limited Edition SAMBA GOLF Footwear

• SPY VIP

We've been hearing rumors of some Limited Edition stuff from TMAG this year. My guess is we will see something on the equipment side (besides Headcovers and Hats), but for now it looks like it's the "AG" of TMAG that's kicking off the limited edition season.

Which ones are you favorites? I'm torn between the Augusta and the Kiawah.

Carlsbad, CA (March 8, 2012) –adidas Golf has unveiled their SAMBA GOLF majors collection for 2012, that includes four limited edition colorways, individually numbered and inspired by golf's most prestigious tournaments. Only 1950 pairs of each model have been created, commemorating the introduction year of the original and iconic SAMBA.

Introduced in 1950, the original SAMBA was created to enable soccer players to train on hard, icy ground and quickly evolved to become a dominant indoor soccer shoe. Over time, SAMBA's combination of classic styling and comfortable fit fueled its transcendence into a modern-day essential worn everywhere from athletic fields to city streets regardless of age and gender. Today, the SAMBA has sold more than 35 million pairs worldwide and now, for the first time, golfers can showcase the legendary footwear on the golf course and represent their favorite major in style.

image012.jpg

Each limited edition SAMBA GOLF shoe features the classic silhouette and 3-Stripes design, a suede toe-guard and six-cleat outsole for optimal traction and stability. The textile synthetic upper is water-resistant and provides lightweight, durable performance. MSRP $100 USD.

image013.jpgimage014.jpg

Commemorating the season opener, this design is inspired by the vibrant colors, heritage and traditions of Augusta National. DARK GREEN / SUN / WHITE available on March 1, 2012.

image015.jpgimage016.jpg

Inspired by the historic Olympic Club in San Francisco and the patriotic stars and stripes in the United States flag. NEW NAVY / POWER RED / WHITE available on May 1, 2012.

image017.jpgimage018.jpg

Celebrating one of the world's premiere links courses, this design is inspired by “Union Jack” – the national flag of the United Kingdom. BRIT BLUE / UNIVERSITY RED / WHITE available June 15, 2012.

image019.pngimage020.jpg

Inspired by the warm beaches surrounding Kiawah Island and the epic scenery found in the region of South Carolina. POOL / HALF ORANGE / WHITE available July 15, 2012.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

Not for me. They sort of remind me of old Adidas from the 80s with different colors.

That's exactly what they're supposed to do. Everything is going retro.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

UGH... I really like the all black, but those are nasty...

1122413653.jpg

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Love the design, though I'm not wild about the special colors. The only one I like is the Olympic club one. I wish the Augusta and British Open ones didn't have the contrasted toe/heel because either of those in solid colors would be a huge winner in my book.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

The more I look at this thread, the more I love the Kiawah Island Edition. They'd look sick with my Vivid Blue Puma pants.

post-30-057809800%201327546027.jpg

I'm not really a fan of yellow, so my vote would go to the Olympic Club version. So far I'm not sold on the "sneaker" look in golf shoes. I think a golf shoe should provide stability and support for the golf swing, and I'm wondering how much stability these versions of the golf shoe provide.

But I do think it would be nice to put on these at home and not have to change shoes after getting to the course. At some point I'll probably buy a pair from one of the manufacturers and see how I like them. What brand does everyone like? Adidas? Ecco? Footjoy? Do they provide the necessary stability?

But I do think it would be nice to put on these at home and not have to change shoes after getting to the course. At some point I'll probably buy a pair from one of the manufacturers and see how I like them. What brand does everyone like? Adidas? Ecco? Footjoy? Do they provide the necessary stability?

The Ecco Streets are the best shoes I've ever owned. They look skinnier than other golf shoes too, so it's good for my big feet.

I'm not really a fan of yellow, so my vote would go to the Olympic Club version. So far I'm not sold on the "sneaker" look in golf shoes. I think a golf shoe should provide stability and support for the golf swing, and I'm wondering how much stability these versions of the golf shoe provide.

Trues are the best. Natural motion at its finest, and the Stealths are pretty solid looking, too.

As far as the support/stability thing...that's a whole ball of wax you probably don't want me taking off on. Traction? Yes, I want traction in a golf shoe. Stability? Support? That's what my bones and muscles are for, thank you. We've all been wearing overbuilt shoes for years and have little to show for it other than knee and back problems.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived