TESTERS WANTED! ×

Miura SIT-460 Driver

• SPY VIP

I just received some info on the (relatively) soon to be released Miura SIT (Strong and Ideal Trajectory) 460 Driver.

The new model, as the name hints, will hit the USGA maximum of 460cc. As you might be aware, the company's current Precious Edition driver is a svelte 390cc. Worth noting is that with the help of what Miura calls patient shaping, and a tall face, the driver appears more compact that the 460cc size might otherwise suggest.

Despite the larger size, at 196 grams, the SIT-460 will actually be 4 grams lighter than the Precious Edition.

It has a 2-piece construction and is all titanium.

While Miura-san and his eldest son Yoshitaka-san (for whom the company's Y-grind wedge is named) contributed to the design, the project was really Shinei-san's (Mr. Miura's youngest son) baby. Shinei-san also spearheads design for other Miura woods and hybrids.

Retail price will of course vary depending on the shaft and grip combination, but the total cost will be between $595 and $895.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do what I can to track down the answers.

Enjoy the pics.

sit460-001.jpg

sit460-002.jpg

sit460-005.jpg

sitcrown.jpg

sitface.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Dear God..Why, oh why, did they have to put "Strong and Ideal Trajectory" on the sole..And of all the companies, Miura...That's something Cleveland Golf would do(& they do)..Oh well, maybe Miura-san figures that's what the American market wants..I know this is probably very narrow minded, yet that would be a deal breaker for me..I'd never even hit it..I know it's on the sole & I know I'm probably cutting off my nose to spite my face, though that's me..It's one of my few "obsessions" or quirks..Thanks for the preview T...Fairways & Greens 4ever...

I have to agree. Even though the build quality is probably top notch, I find it ugly, but I find most "classic" driver designs ugly. The all black I20 is probably my favorite look right now.

What???? No guarantee of 17 or even 10 extra yards?? Must be junk!!! Why would I pay up to $800 for a driver when I can spend $399 and get 10 extra yards. Furthermore, every year three months, vast improvements on that model will come out, all guaranteed to give me still more yardage. Miura must think we are idiots. :D

• 1 month later...

I was scrolling down the pictures and came to the first one and thought, "Nope, SIT stands for Stupid and Idiotic Typing on the bottom." and then got to the picture of the top and thought, "Do they have nothing more current than a Hi Bore to copy?" And then I read the comments and see that everyone is in agreement.

I think I would rather spend my money and spend it on a Taylormade R11s, off the rack or two for that price.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• SPY VIP

T, have you ever hit a Miura driver or fairway metal?...If so, how do they "feel?" & how'd it perform?...I'm just curious if their metal woods are in the same class "feel-wise" & with their performance as their irons...Fairways & Greens 4ever....

I have not. Didn't get the chance to hit the hybrid while I was at the NY Golf Center last fall. While I'm optimistic it won't prove to be true for the Miura driver, other Japanese woods I've hit (Maruman, Honma, RoyalCollection, and Fourteen) all offer a very metallic, "tingy", sound and feel that doesn't much appeal to me.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have said this before and will say it again, what it looks like doesn't mean a dang thing to me. I'm not refusing to hit something just because of a brand or that I think it is ugly, as long as it doesn't effect me taking the club back and making a swing I could care less.

With that said if you are looking for people to demo one I'll take a 9.5* head, I am sure you can custom order one without the lettering 'strong and ideal trajectory' on it for the right price

I play a mixed bag of all kinds off stuff, it's what preforms well for me.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

We are a certified Miura Dealer and sell a lot of custom Miura Iron sets and wedges here at FairwayGolfUSA.com and also are selling these Drivers and anything Miura related at our store.

On a personal note...I do not like the writing on the driver head also but I can not WAIT to try this driver out.

Have any of you hit any FOURTEEN Drivers? Or better yet any Japanese Only Taylormade or Callaway Drivers?

Cant wait to demo this new Miura Driver.

-Ryan

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Really really good head, you just need the right shaft for you and big winner.

Maybe.

Even with the right shaft, I liked it but didn't love it. I'll try and pull my Miura experience together for everything this weekend and I'll touch on this more then.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

We just built one of these drivers for a customer with a Graphite Design Tour AD DI5 Stiff shaft in it and he absolutely loved it. Beautiful driver.

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Archived